PDA

View Full Version : Started getting 'New Post' notifications?

starling
16-07-2012, 17:46
Hello. Could anyone tell why I have suddenly started getting notifications every time a new post is placed in the fun and games section - which I contribute to, and more important .... How can I stop it and remove the ones I'm amassing ? This hasn't happened before, and I've no idea how it's started. I have changed anything on my PC?

junglejim
16-07-2012, 17:52
I'm getting them too- go into settings at top, subscriptions , select and delete what you don't want.

cainaries
16-07-2012, 18:15
I'm getting them too- go into settings at top, subscriptions , select and delete what you don't want.

I've spent a while trying to apply what you've written ... which makes perfect sense as i read it ....to what I actually have on my computer screen in front of me and I can't find anything to tick or untick that relates to receiving these irritating messages. I wish I could!

And Starling is quite right, I can't work out how to delete them either!

junglejim
16-07-2012, 18:25
If you click on subscriptions, you should get a list on RHS with subscribe threads - click on all, or each one , then drop down menu and select delete - then shut down Tenerife forum and restart it .

cainaries
16-07-2012, 18:52
If you click on subscriptions, you should get a list on RHS with subscribe threads - click on all, or each one , then drop down menu and select delete - then shut down Tenerife forum and restart it .

Thanks but odd thing is that only 5 threads come up under subscribed threads and they aren't the threads I'm getting the notifications on. Still, in the greater scheme of things it really isn't that important. Thanks junglejim.

junglejim
16-07-2012, 19:05
ooh they're back = WTF?

starling
17-07-2012, 09:17
I have done exactly as you said Jim, but am still getting them.
This is what i get when I go into settings, and subscriptions: Subscribed Threads with New Posts: (0)
There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period.

Malteser Monkey
17-07-2012, 09:24
It's not subscribed threads - apparently it's a new set up to let you know when someone quotes any of your posts in a reply and something else but can't remember what now.......hmmm let me think, I'll get back to you

Don't think you can stop them now.

It's quite handy when you get used to them

starling
17-07-2012, 10:01
It's not subscribed threads - apparently it's a new set up to let you know when someone quotes any of your posts in a reply and something else but can't remember what now.......hmmm let me think, I'll get back to you

Don't think you can stop them now.

It's quite handy when you get used to them

Thanks MM. But won't it clog up my mail box?

Malteser Monkey
17-07-2012, 10:06
Thanks MM. But won't it clog up my mail box?

Don't know but I will find out

bet you get one know I've quoted your post

starling
17-07-2012, 10:23
Don't know but I will find out

bet you get one know I've quoted your post
....................Yes I have :doh:

slodgedad
17-07-2012, 10:32
It has nothing to do with your mailbox quota, it is merely a tool to let you know if you have been quoted.

It's great once you get the hang of it. You always know when something you have asked or stated is directly replied to.

Malteser Monkey
17-07-2012, 10:37
It has nothing to do with your mailbox quota, it is merely a tool to let you know if you have been quoted.

It's great once you get the hang of it. You always know when something you have asked or stated is directly replied to.

Flippin eck 10.32 Slodge ? AM not PM

It is a good tool as if you make a cheeky comment (as I all too often do) I know when it's been replied to / shot down in flames:whistle::crylaughing:

slodgedad
17-07-2012, 10:40
Flippin eck 10.32 Slodge ? AM not PM

Worked a 12 hour shift yesterday so didn't do much. Been catching up since 2 this morning...:)

Malteser Monkey
17-07-2012, 10:46
Worked a 12 hour shift yesterday so didn't do much. Been catching up since 2 this morning...:)

Just your average Woman's day (right going off topic here now)

anyway I like this notification thingy ! phew back on topic