PDA

View Full Version : TF 1 at a standstill both directions

Andy0210
17-07-2012, 18:03
There has been an accident on the TF1, a fire engine has overturned, the motorway is at a standstill in both directions at Las Eras, 37 Kms south of Santa Cruz.
Pics here which are from the Canarian Weekly Facebook Group.

universal
17-07-2012, 18:19
'bout par for the course!

Marianne
17-07-2012, 18:44
In view of the fact the fire and other emergency services are stretched to the limit trying to stop fires and saving lives, evacuating Vilaflor- perhaps a tad insensitive comment universal. Please. That was the last thing they needed at this time.

Especially as one fireman was trapped and had to be helicoptered off, severely injured.

Sunterra
17-07-2012, 20:19
I am unemployed, but regardless I would love the opportunity to give assistance to the people fighting our cause. Whatever that could be .... providing them with food, water..... I also hope that there are no further casualties for these people/(residents), have been working non-stop for our safety. Put yourself in their shoes.......

universal
18-07-2012, 10:09
In view of the fact the fire and other emergency services are stretched to the limit trying to stop fires and saving lives, evacuating Vilaflor- perhaps a tad insensitive comment universal. Please. That was the last thing they needed at this time.

Especially as one fireman was trapped and had to be helicoptered off, severely injured.

The reason for this comment is that they are supposed to be professional, rapid response emergency vehicle drivers trained to react in these situations. The accident occurred on a straight section of the autovia in dry conditions with perfect visibility. By the way ten minutes later they managed to turn over another fire engine coming in the opposite direction. Luckily neither of these 20 tonne engines landed on other vehicles.

Foz
18-07-2012, 10:28
I'm not sure if all, but certainly the majority, of bomberos in Tenerife are voluntary. They do train a lot .. but they also hold down full time jobs outside of firefighting.

emmess
18-07-2012, 10:34
not to mention they have probably been working flat out for the last three days (and nights) and are undoubtedly shattered.

Tinkabel
18-07-2012, 11:17
The reason for this comment is that they are supposed to be professional, rapid response emergency vehicle drivers trained to react in these situations. The accident occurred on a straight section of the autovia in dry conditions with perfect visibility. By the way ten minutes later they managed to turn over another fire engine coming in the opposite direction. Luckily neither of these 20 tonne engines landed on other vehicles.

Or maybe they're just exhausted and extremely emotional due the hours they have been working and the devastation this has done to our beautiful island, not to mention the fact that they and their colleagues are risking their lives on our behalf.