PDA

View Full Version : Spain’s Peaceful Revolution

Zara
15-06-2011, 07:29
Would you be prepared to make a protest? Or are you happy for others to do it for you?

http://www.colinkirby.com/news/second-wave-of-spain%E2%80%99s-peaceful-revolution.htm

caroletenerife
15-06-2011, 09:53
Used to regulary protest years ago, anti aparthied, anti fox hunting etc. Was in the ALF (animal Liberation Front) and by todays standards would have been classed a terrorist haha. Was never a total tree hugger and remember the like of Friends of the Earth, Greenpeace etc being classed as freaks and wierdo's. However, now, Goverments ask their advice on sorting out the blody mess they wouldnt believe them about.
I think having a social concience is important and i have always encouraged my daughter to be a gobby c** when the need arose. Last time i protested was anti Iraq war......if only they had listened. I would do it again for the right cause and applaud those that do so on my behalf x

Zara
15-06-2011, 19:10
Reading your reply Carol we were probably at the same demonstrations. I used to take my kids along in their buggies and march on Canada House and the Hudson Bay Company for killing seals, the Japanese for killing whales. I was a member of Greenpeace and ALF and of course CND and Greenham Common.

I was proud when I had to go and collect my daughter from the police station when she had been demonstrating outside Eli Lilly in protest against animal testing.

So I admire anyone who is willing to stand up and be counted rather than whinge and say this is wrong but I'm not prepared to get off my bum and do anything.

caroletenerife
15-06-2011, 19:27
Reading your reply Carol we were probably at the same demonstrations. I used to take my kids along in their buggies and march on Canada House and the Hudson Bay Company for killing seals, the Japanese for killing whales. I was a member of Greenpeace and ALF and of course CND and Greenham Common.

I was proud when I had to go and collect my daughter from the police station when she had been demonstrating outside Eli Lilly in protest against animal testing.

So I admire anyone who is willing to stand up and be counted rather than whinge and say this is wrong but I'm not prepared to get off my bum and do anything.

Ahhhh, the good old days :), in those days the police just booted your b*m and told you to bu**ar off (and no we didnt sue), nowadays, they have their video cameras and their gestapo files on everyone. Democracy 'my a**e' .x

Harmonicaman
15-06-2011, 19:33
Methinks the ladies doth protest too much...

glostergirl
15-06-2011, 21:40
I did the fuel protest in 2000 at avonmouth!! it was something i felt strongly about having owned a small haulage company!! nothing wrong with peaceful protest, if i had to do it again i would my views still havnt changed on this subject!!

with cheese
15-06-2011, 21:58
Zara only did it so she could burn her Bra in public.

Zara
15-06-2011, 22:00
Zara only did it so she could burn her Bra in public.

¿would that be the lady that looks like the one from that film?

with cheese
15-06-2011, 22:37
What film my dear Queenie.

Zara
15-06-2011, 22:46
http://www.streetfire.net/video/some-guy-drifting-his-white-van-in-a-roundabout-in_90258.htm The one about the guy in a white van on a roundabout. Told ya there was no left turn !!

with cheese
15-06-2011, 22:56
Oh I see, very funny.