PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a car mechanic in south Tenerife?

Heffalumpy
30-05-2011, 17:43
What mechanic do you use?

For me there is only one.

Ashro Autos, Mark is a star.

Ps, Gator for driveshaft!?

KirstyJay
30-05-2011, 17:46
I use Geno at GG Motorsport in Chio. Close to my house on the west coast and great service.

sgd
30-05-2011, 17:57
Don't forget Mechanica Juan who can be found on Facebook. His garage is on the Buzanada side of the motor way, by the riding school.

KirstyJay
30-05-2011, 18:01
Don't forget Mechanica Juan who can be found on Facebook. His garage is on the Buzanada side of the motor way, by the riding school.

Yes, he's excellent too. I used to use him years ago. There's also his ex colleague, Martin in chio too.

Tinkabel
30-05-2011, 21:25
Ashro for me too, Good guy, reasonable rates and always gets the job done.

dede
30-05-2011, 22:24
Ashro all the way !!!!! nothing is too much trouble for him and his mate martin.. both good lads :)

slodgedad
31-05-2011, 00:27
Aasshhrroo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timmylish
31-05-2011, 01:00
I,ll get the bullet if I don,t chip in.
Ermmmmm, Yes, it has to be Ashro for all things cars.
Jokin' aside. The guy has always been the most helpful mechanic you could possibly wish to have. Experience has always taught me. Find a mechanic you are totally happy with and rest easily. Mark all the way!
(Can I get a spiff for this?)(And no suggestions of inserting an "l" please!)

Ashro Autos
31-05-2011, 01:05
Why do you think i started the organic thread :D:D:D:D

TenerifeTeddy
31-05-2011, 11:17
Yep, have to agree, It´s Ashro for me too. He´s come out to me several times at no notice to help me out. Very helpful and very reasonable price.

lynne67
31-05-2011, 22:04
ermmmmmmmmm ashro for me too :lol:

Graceylacey
31-05-2011, 22:23
The mechanic Juan is really good. Both myself and my parents used him quite recently.

lesbroz
01-06-2011, 09:50
Can someone tell me where we can find Ashro?

walkerj3
01-06-2011, 10:22
Ashro is really, really good!!

http://www.ashroautos.com/

His garage is down the same turning as camp nautico I think it is called along the Palm Mar to Silencio.

walkerj3
01-06-2011, 10:34
Mark at Ashro is really, really good.

He is on the road between the Palm Mar round about and Silencio behind Camp nautico I think it is called.

http://www.ashroautos.com/

atlantico
01-06-2011, 11:24
Ashro, Ashro, Ashro, Ashro, Ashro, Ashro, . . . . . . . . . but he'll be busy all next week after this advertisement !

ps. 15th June, reserve 2 ITV bookings for me ? Will be ringing soon !

San Miguel
01-06-2011, 11:51
well how do we contact Ashro..where does he work form, what part of Tenerife, please?

Chris P. Bacon
01-06-2011, 11:53
Ashro is fine, he serviced our car and got it through ITV. But please someone ask him (or his co workers) NOT to smoke in other peoples cars, it came back stinking and stank for a week afterwards :fryingpan:

Tenerife_Smurf
01-06-2011, 11:55
well how do we contact Ashro..where does he work form, what part of Tenerife, please?

Read the second post up from yours and click Ashro's website ;)

walkerj3
01-06-2011, 12:04
my post with his website won't display, try ashro autos dot com

Tenerife_Smurf
01-06-2011, 12:06
my post with his website won't display, try ashro autos dot com

Mine did, hence me advising Tenerife Forum member 'San Miguel' to view the website from your post here: http://www.ashroautos.com/

Ashro Autos
01-06-2011, 19:34
Right lets start at begining.Sorry Chris for which ever 1 of us smoked in your car but he will be :whip::whip::whip: at dawn. Atlantico you can book in any day as we now have 2 0700 hrs bookings available to us 5 days a week so no problem if you want them both on same day.We can be found easily if someone stops nicking our signs,We are located 500 metres from Camp Nauta from main road between Palm mar roundabout take the 1st right after garden centre then right at end of plantation 1st left then 1st right then follow down and we are on the left.

Ashro Autos
02-06-2011, 19:00
Well its official the Meerkat has been :whip::whip::whip::whip::whip: for smoking.Only thing is he seemed to like it :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Chris P. Bacon
02-06-2011, 19:06
Well its official the Meerkat has been :whip::whip::whip::whip::whip: for smoking.Only thing is he seemed to like it :eek::eek::eek::eek:

The smoking or the whipping? :lol:

gary d
02-06-2011, 19:15
doesnt anybody use kevin webster or tyrone???????

doreen
02-06-2011, 19:19
doesnt anybody use kevin webster or tyrone???????

Kevin back in the UK now, I understand ... together with another well known forum member :)

EDIT - Arrgghhhhh - fell for it ... there's another Kevin (and now you know I used watch Corrie :))

reggie
02-06-2011, 21:50
Kevin back in the UK now, I understand ... together with another well known forum member :)

EDIT - Arrgghhhhh - fell for it ... there's another Kevin (and now you know I used watch Corrie :))

Doreen. your dog looks like it got a puncture :lol:

Chris P. Bacon
02-06-2011, 21:54
We used to use a Kevin that operated out of San Blas, but we could not get hold of him this last time which is why were used cigarette Ashro :lol:

reggie
02-06-2011, 21:56
We used to use a Kevin that operated out of San Blas, but we could not get hold of him this last time which is why were used cigarette Ashro :lol:

Fag ashro, better still cpb

Chris P. Bacon
02-06-2011, 22:00
Fag ashro, better still cpb

He never gonna live this one down is he? :eyebrows:

reggie
02-06-2011, 22:06
He never gonna live this one down is he? :eyebrows:

well big foo pa that one, silly little thing, but i would go mental, customers private space, might aswell fart in it,

Graceylacey
02-06-2011, 22:09
We used to use Kevin, and he was always brilliant, but I have heard he has gone back to the UK. Also Mendit Autos have been fab too, my parents panicked about when they had last changed the cambelt on their car, they took it to Mendit and he promptly rang them a few hours later and told them it doesnt need changing just yet. An honest mechanic, not many of them around!!!!

reggie
02-06-2011, 22:12
We used to use Kevin, and he was always brilliant, but I have heard he has gone back to the UK. Also Mendit Autos have been fab too, my parents panicked about when they had last changed the cambelt on their car, they took it to Mendit and he promptly rang them a few hours later and told them it doesnt need changing just yet. An honest mechanic, not many of them around!!!!

Thats why he's poor, should have left it a day, charged them for doing it, done bugger all, and trousered €300,

howard thornton
02-06-2011, 22:16
well big foo pa that one, silly little thing, but i would go mental, customers private space, might aswell fart in it,

HE PROBABLY DID REGGIE.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

jakedog
02-06-2011, 22:17
hes helped me out a few times, we just sorting last problem out, the engine, then i'll be running again, thanx for the help mark and wheels

Ashro Autos
02-06-2011, 22:19
No and neither is the culprit

tracey
03-06-2011, 11:17
Are there any mechanics to avoid??
Name and shame:crazy:

lefty
15-06-2011, 11:22
hi all
my car is in need of a service, and my man who used to do these bits for me has gone back to the u.k, can any one reccommend a good reliable and honest mechanic??

i know nothing about cars!!!

Jackie
15-06-2011, 11:23
PM forum member Ashro. I don't use him for the simple reason I don't have a car lol, but many forum members do

clipityclop
15-06-2011, 12:15
Hi we take our car to a garage which is in adeje , past the meracadona and macdonalds there is on the opposite side an opel garage with yellow signs , next door is a large franchise group and they are really cheap for services and tyres with a guarantee with all work , we paid about 45 euros ,but are closed siestas morning is best , I will try and root out the name of the receipt for you , but its easy to find
hi all
my car is in need of a service, and my man who used to do these bits for me has gone back to the u.k, can any one reccommend a good reliable and honest mechanic??

i know nothing about cars!!!

lefty
17-06-2011, 13:08
Hik Guys, i asked on wednesday (i think) i asked if any one could reccomend a good mechanic to me to have my car serviced, i went to Ashro, as there were alot of posts about him, and im sorry i didnt like im, i didnt like how his garage/yeard looked like a scrap heap , the fact that one of his workers was smoking in a clients car, so he is off my list sorry Ashro.

How ever a couple of posts on here are about mechanic Juan located on the buzanada side of the motor way, after asking aound i managed to track him down and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! is garage is clean, his front car port is clean and he is even clean!!, ive just picked up my car now , the customer service was excellent, i feel totally comfortable dealing with him, he is REALLY CHEAP!! and also told me when my next service is due and what to expect.

Juan Mechanic has my vote every day of the week thanks Juan
and also does any one know if he is single?? as i do think he is a bit of a dish as well

Thanks bloggers i will be back!!

lefty
17-06-2011, 13:20
Hi Guys,

on Wednesday i think i asked on here if any one could recommend a mechanic to service my car.

Alot of you said Ashro, i went down there and im sorry but i wasnt impressed, his yard looked like a scrap heap and his garage really dirty (i know its a work shop but come on), and after reading a post on here i found that one of his co workers had smoked in a car and as a non smoker its really off putting.

Sorry Ashro you dont have my vote.

How ever a couple of you went on to recommend mechanic Juan on the buzanada side of the motor way, i managed to track him down and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! his car port is clean, his garage is clean and for a mechanic he was clean!!!.

i felt totally comfortable dealing with him, i felt i wasnt ripped off in fact i thought it was cheap AND he even told me what to expect to spend on the next service what more could a girl want!!!!

MECHANIC JUAN HAS MY VOTE EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!
Thanks Juan for everything i will deffinatly use you from now on and will reccomend you as well

also does any one know if he is single as i think he is a bit of a dish?

fonica
17-06-2011, 13:23
We knew about him but very kept him sectret!!!!( How bad is that) He is the very best mechanic I have had anywhere!!!

lefty
17-06-2011, 13:30
with a service like that you cant keep him secret, im telling every one, and for me he is the very best xx

obs
17-06-2011, 13:31
Hi Guys,

on Wednesday i think i asked on here if any one could recommend a mechanic to service my car.

Alot of you said Ashro, i went down there and im sorry but i wasnt impressed, his yard looked like a scrap heap and his garage really dirty (i know its a work shop but come on), and after reading a post on here i found that one of his co workers had smoked in a car and as a non smoker its really off putting.

Sorry Ashro you dont have my vote.

How ever a couple of you went on to recommend mechanic Juan on the buzanada side of the motor way, i managed to track him down and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! his car port is clean, his garage is clean and for a mechanic he was clean!!!.

i felt totally comfortable dealing with him, i felt i wasnt ripped off in fact i thought it was cheap AND he even told me what to expect to spend on the next service what more could a girl want!!!!

MECHANIC JUAN HAS MY VOTE EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!
Thanks Juan for everything i will deffinatly use you from now on and will reccomend you as well

also does any one know if he is single as i think he is a bit of a dish?

Afraid not lefty :)

Faraway
17-06-2011, 13:41
Graham at Chimiche is also excellent and provides a courtesy car free of charge! His phone number is 686539751 - I've been going to him for years now. He offers a full spectrum of services, does an oil and filter change, then gives you a mileage to come back for an interim service, then another mileage for an oil and filter change, then another mileage for a full service. His prices are very reasonable and he is very very efficient!

lefty
17-06-2011, 13:41
what no to single??? damn!!! the good ones are always taken.... oh well ill just have to break my car more often as an excuse to go there, a girl can look cant she hehe

obs
17-06-2011, 14:01
I'll warn him when I see him after work :eyebrows::eyebrows:

reggie
17-06-2011, 14:04
What a shame, all that good work wasted, because some tw-t smoked in the car, But your only as good as your last job, A friend of mine has a garage that looks like a scrapyard, grew up together, worked together, Tried telling him, but nah, straight over his head, another freind i give a lot of work to, place is spotless, first thing a job card, with everything wrote down, then seat cover and floor mat, job done, mini vallete, car parked facing outwards, reception big TV leather sofa's free coffee, no complaints, Got to be on top off your game to survive, not enough just to know about cars, find one your happy with and stick with him, tell him if your not happy with something, also tell him when you are, everybody likes a pat on the head

obs
17-06-2011, 14:07
Good post reggie.

9PLUS
17-06-2011, 14:12
Juan is really good i concur

lefty
17-06-2011, 14:13
im with Reggie, it looks like Juan is on top of his game,

lefty
21-06-2011, 15:15
Hi guys,

i sid on froday that i have found the perfect (althoughnot single) mechanic, well ive manged to track him down on face book as well and he has a fantastic monthly offer on would you believe!!

MONTHLY SPECIAL!!!! OIL AND FILTER CHANGE, STARTING FROM ONLY 30€, INCLUDING A FREE SAFETY CHECK,please inbox me for appointments or phone 687397300, if i dont answer please leave a message, HURRY THIS OFFER ENDS THE END OF THE MONTH.
and working hours are monday-friday 8-4 see you all soon

ive copied that from his face book page( i hope he wont mind) as its too good an offer to keep secret so hought id share it will you guys!!

and P.S Juan if you are on here as well i hope i get comission!!!

curlytop
21-06-2011, 15:38
JUAN is excellent and is married to a friend of mine. She met him when she had a problem with her car. Needless to say, after her first visit she had a lot of problems with her car:whistle: and now they are expecting their 2nd baby!
The first time I met him I thought he might not speak much English so I used my bestest spanglish to relate my car problem. How silly did I feel when he answered me in perfect English and with a broad London accent!
I left my car with him and as it happens there was nothing wrong with the car - it was the way I was turning the key in the ignition! Doh!!!
As a female who knows not a lot about cars (there's a surprise) he could have charged me a fortune, but he charged me nothing! Sound geezer and I've always returned to him since.

lefty
21-06-2011, 16:58
im with you on that ms curly top, i also know nothing about cars, that is why i feel really comfortable using him, as he dosent rip you off

clarkie71
15-08-2011, 07:21
hi again

does anybody know a cheap mechanic just bought second hand car put itv on it and now clutch has gone

it is a 21 year old opal corsa (nova back home) the release bearing has gone and its starting to whine so need complete clutch kit fitting i work nights so can help as much as needed but as everyone just starting out over here funds not the best

many thanks in advance

gaz

sgd
15-08-2011, 08:34
Try http://juanmechanic.webs.com, generally a good service and good price

samnickgodber
15-08-2011, 11:12
Send forum member Ashro a pm, he has a advert on the banners here

Ashro Autos
15-08-2011, 17:45
Will ring you back in morning with price.

ruffus
15-08-2011, 17:48
Pm Cat woman on here. She recommended a mechanic to me, and he is great, and very realistically priced. :)

Cat Woman
15-08-2011, 19:07
Hi Gaz,
Ive just PM'ed you with details of the best mechanic on the Island. He is very proffessional and very fair with his prices as recommended by Ruffus and many others.
Regards,
Sharon. :)

ebony
15-08-2011, 21:08
I would whole heartedly recomend Ashro! Came to meet me at his garage out of hours as I arrived on the back of a Grua - tried to fix it there and then to get me straight back on the road, unfortunately it needed a new part, - tried his best to source from scrappies here - but none available - and after getting high price from mains dealer - tracked me down the part from UK at fraction of the price - and had me back on the road the day after part arrived on the Island - and i've definitely no complaints with the labour charge.

DJ Dangerous
28-08-2011, 00:36
Cheap & reliable = not fast
Cheap & fast = not reliable
Fast & reliable = not cheap

The head gasket was minced on the BM a while back, and Ashro was too busy to take the job on.

As a result, I came across Peter of Adeje Motor (https://www.facebook.com/adeje.motor).

Not cheap, but flawless work, will go way outside the call of duty for you, and everything, down to a simple battery, comes with a guarantee.

Phone number is 922775770, and they are just up the hill from the new Policia Local in Adeje.

Andy0210
28-08-2011, 02:23
http://juanmechanic.webs.com/

Seconded, everything perfect with all of my vehicles so far! :)

Pets@Home
28-08-2011, 10:11
hi again

does anybody know a cheap mechanic just bought second hand car put itv on it and now clutch has gone

it is a 21 year old opal corsa (nova back home) the release bearing has gone and its starting to whine so need complete clutch kit fitting i work nights so can help as much as needed but as everyone just starting out over here funds not the best

many thanks in advance

gaz

Ashro no question p/m him also as Sam says he has a banner on here, I needed a new Starter Motor, a Full Service and and ITV it cost 350 euros job lot wow !!!!!!!!!!

clarkie71
28-08-2011, 12:59
thanks everyone job done by juan mechanic fantastic job

dave41
28-08-2011, 19:18
don't forget mechanica juan who can be found on facebook. His garage is on the buzanada side of the motor way, by the riding school. the best mechanica in the south been having our car looked after by juan for the past 5 years no regrets he's great

ednikk
23-09-2011, 20:28
Hi,

I am looking for a good, reliable and cheap english garage or mechanic can anybody help?

slummymummy
28-10-2011, 10:40
Hi, Can anyone advise me of an english mechanic in the Los Cris area. I've tried a few garages where the mechanics are spanish but speak english but they don't really understand what the problem is.
Thanks

stevem
28-10-2011, 13:38
Try Ashro, not in Los Cristianos, but he's the best and will come to you. :)

timmylish
28-10-2011, 14:53
Since the Spanish Guys don,t really understand, do you?

Ashro Autos
28-10-2011, 18:15
What seems to be the problem ? We are in and out of Los Cris most days.

mike in chayofa
28-10-2011, 18:48
What seems to be the problem ? We are in and out of Los Cris most days.

... and also good, reliable, and reasonable prices.

billtoff
27-02-2012, 16:27
ASTRO AUTOS.....STAY CLEAR
do not use these cowboys..they are ripoff merchants...they charge for parts that they have not replaced...they changed my clutch (supposedly) it went 3 mths later..a new garage iwent to said that it had never had a new clutch fitted...i was charged 450 euro for nothing but a botch job...the more i tell people the more stories i hear oabot them...so people stay well away from astro auto,s and there owner mark....be warned

lesbroz
27-02-2012, 17:10
Last month I needed to find a mechanic quickly, as my car had failed the ITV and I was due back in the UK. I used Juan Gomez at the Shell Garage in Armenime after recommendations from friends.

Although he spoke no English and my Spanish is not up to much, we made ourselves understood. He had the car fixed within a couple of hours and for half the price I would have had to pay in the UK. Needless to say, he is at the top of my list for any future work.

PS have to say the ITV station in Adeje is very impressive and quick.