PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Desperate to move to Tenerife! Looking to make friends/contact someone before I come

zara.567
21-07-2012, 16:12
Hi everyone. Just joined today after returning from a tenerife holiday this morning.
go every year and just love it, have sussed out a place to rent long term and have a couple job opportunities.
However as a 22year old girl, i would be PETRIFIED to make the leap on my own knowing i dont neccesarily have any friends
or contacts there. (i know a lot of 50+ but no-one to go out with).

Anyone know of anyone wanting to move and make a friend? or how i could get in touch with a similar age group around the
adeje / san eugeno area?? Thanks x

aunty nailtech
22-07-2012, 17:44
hi hun you'll soon make friends when your working and out and about so don't worry to much it's all young here at the moment :)

canary boy
22-07-2012, 17:57
Zara I would stay put for the moment unless you have got a really really good reason for moving over here! imo things are going to get a lot worse before they get better

Ed3229
22-07-2012, 18:06
Zara I would stay put for the moment unless you have got a really really good reason for moving over here! imo things are going to get a lot worse before they get better
How right you are..........I would wait for the happy holiday moment to pass and read some posts about the recession in Tenerife...:cry:

Sorry to sound like a kill joy.....:(

canary boy
22-07-2012, 18:17
get yourself down the valdes centre at 8.30 in the morning and see where that enormous queue leads to, It really shocked me

tonypub
22-07-2012, 18:27
2 girls arrived here last week,one now gets 40hours a week in the star bar,the other will have a job soon im sure.just a case of being in the right place at the right time.

canary boy
22-07-2012, 20:02
Like i said Stay put

British Smiles
22-08-2012, 11:45
Hi everyone. Just joined today after returning from a tenerife holiday this morning.
go every year and just love it, have sussed out a place to rent long term and have a couple job opportunities.
However as a 22year old girl, i would be PETRIFIED to make the leap on my own knowing i dont neccesarily have any friends
or contacts there. (i know a lot of 50+ but no-one to go out with).

Anyone know of anyone wanting to move and make a friend? or how i could get in touch with a similar age group around the
adeje / san eugeno area?? Thanks x

Misses & I are going monday, haven't sussed accomodation yet just flights lol ..:idea: :neener: :wave:
I'll be doing teeth whitening I think but she doesn't know yet, will just get the feelers out when we're there

Dashford
10-10-2012, 15:16
Looking to go in 3 weeks and looking for friends/contacts a job and accomodation lol any help pleeeeaaassssseee haha :(

Roadkingrider
10-10-2012, 16:15
Good jobs are just about impossible to find...........but if you want to work in a bar etc (and why not when you're young), then go for it. Worse places to be, like the UK for starters, but tread carefully and don't trust people before you know them - the Island is jammed packed with dodgy people. But, and I say this as a customer in Los C and other places, a lot of the British run bars wouldn't know the meaning of customer service if it ran them over - many do of course - but a lot of bars are badly run, dirty and dated. Sure there's an opportunity for a keen, professionally minded young person somewhere.

Dashford
10-10-2012, 16:41
Thanks roadkingrider nice to have sound, honest advice. Not looking to make money just want a stress free laid back life. With sun sea and friends :)

RETEPYELKNIRB
13-10-2012, 20:18
If you want the fruit you have to shake the tree! Good luck to you.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

If you want the fruit you have to shake the tree! Good luck to you.

Dashford
13-10-2012, 20:41
Great saying. Cheers

Medanoman
14-10-2012, 01:14
I have been looking for work for over a year now, and i could do bar work i suppose , but the false tits and short skirt might take a bit of work to perfect.

but if a job is to be had like that then i will dress up!

will work for free for 2 weeks trial if anyone will give us a chance