PDA

View Full Version : ITV, ITV2 and ITV4 available on Spanish Digital TV

Happy Days
22-07-2012, 15:08
A friend re-tuned their Spanish Digital reciever (well, thats built into the TV) yesterday and is now picking up three regional ITV1's, ITV2 and ITV4.
I did the same and am getting them too!

There is now a good selection, what with the many channels that can be put into original language including Discovery, MTV, Xplora, Energy etc.

I just looked up online and there is no further information other than one page I found on an ex-pat forum that says you can get all the BBC's and ITV's with a European digital reciever available for arround 65€... does anyone have any futher information about this??

Tojack
23-07-2012, 14:00
You need to be on a 3 meter dish with this reciever.

Beachwatcher
23-07-2012, 14:29
So dissapounted when I read above post!
We have the digi box ..we got went it went over ...just get community tv...and was getting all excited that it could be retuned..I think it gets cple of cartoons...rest is all Spanish
But if that can be retuned by man tnat can, please say
We r not allowed dishes on balconys

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Spoke to them this morning as we could only get 1234
They are doing maintenance work on transmitter post fires etc...but meanwhile are giving us sky news on ch 5.... This is so much better and I wish we could keep it...they wil pull it when 5 is unscrambled..but I would prefer to keep it and will tell them..is another option or could be out on section 2...,when that works of course.....does anyone else feel same way? We should let CSTI know. I will ring them am or email them..if they have address..

chocaholic
23-07-2012, 18:50
Keep ch5 we already got skynews and csti is our only system with ch 5

slodgedad
23-07-2012, 22:36
I take it that you are talking about the illegal rebroadcast companies and not Spanish Digital?

Happy Days
24-07-2012, 13:23
No, I'm talking about Spainish Digital.

I have re-tuned my TV with intergrated TDT, and I recieve these channels! Can't see how they are illigal and, like I said before, another forum (an ex-pat forum for people living in Spain) said that all BBC and ITV channels would / could be available with a digital receiver...

But if they are illegal Slodgedad...please don't tell on me ;)

golf birdie
24-07-2012, 13:34
No, I'm talking about Spainish Digital.

I have re-tuned my TV with intergrated TDT, and I recieve these channels! Can't see how they are illigal and, like I said before, another forum (an ex-pat forum for people living in Spain) said that all BBC and ITV channels would / could be available with a digital receiver...

But if they are illegal Slodgedad...please don't tell on me ;)

is your feed coming from a shared community feed dish or your own dish?

Happy Days
24-07-2012, 13:37
Yes Golf Birdie I do... you think that would make the differance.

I live on Windsor Park, and though we have community TV channels, they come through to the TV on Analog.

golf birdie
24-07-2012, 13:40
Yes Golf Birdie I do... you think that would make the differance.

I live on Windsor Park, and though we have community TV channels, they come through to the TV on Analog.

they must have a dish for you to be able to get those channels.

Graceylacey
24-07-2012, 13:43
It all depends on where you are and how much the community are prepared to pay for the basic spanish channels. For example I bought two tdt boxes for my daughters. My youngest who lives with me, can only get the basic, but my eldest who doesnt live with us can get so many more channels on hers.

Think yourself very lucky that you can get all those sorts of channels, but its not standard on everyone´s TDT. Just in your complex!

KirstyJay
24-07-2012, 14:43
Has anyone else tried this?

Tojack
24-07-2012, 15:25
Yes but my tv only pick's up Spanish DTV channels.My DTV box tune's into all free to air channels on a 3 meter dish.

Happy Days
24-07-2012, 17:50
So, would I be right then. If our community got a TDT reciever for the large 3 meter satalite then we would get the British Digital channels??

Tojack
24-07-2012, 18:59
So, would I be right then. If our community got a TDT reciever for the large 3 meter satalite then we would get the British Digital channels??

No you have to get your own reciver and connect to a 3 meter dish.