PDA

View Full Version : Golf Poor Adam Scott.

Harmonicaman
22-07-2012, 18:45
Australian Scott bogeys the last 4 holes to lose the Open Championship to South African Ernie Els. If he had parred any of them he was guaranteed a play-off and if he had just parred 2 of them he would have won! The vagaries of golf!

TenerifeFanatic
22-07-2012, 18:54
Australian Scott bogeys the last 4 holes to lose the Open Championship to South African Ernie Els. If he had parred any of them he was guaranteed a play-off and if he had just parred 2 of them he would have won! The vagaries of golf!Wot a shame !! That's life!!

imablue
22-07-2012, 19:22
Gutted for the lad..one for the future though.. i did say to my son this morning that i hope he doesn,t bottle it ....as he has done in the past ...its a learning curve matey ... ....
congrats Mr. Els ..and hard luck to young Mr.Scott ....

grumps
22-07-2012, 19:26
Yes you`ve got to feel for him.It was a poor 3 put on the 16th that cost him...but you`ve got to hand it to Ernie..what a great birdie on 18 to give himself a chance.

imablue
22-07-2012, 19:54
Yep you are right there Grumps ..not over till the fat lady sings.. comes to mind ... i,m sure we will hear a lot more about Adam Scott in the very near future ...

Harmonicaman
22-07-2012, 19:59
Gutted for the lad..one for the future though.. i did say to my son this morning that i hope he doesn,t bottle it ....as he has done in the past ...its a learning curve matey ... ....
congrats Mr. Els ..and hard luck to young Mr.Scott ....

He's 32 years old now IMA, he should be able to cope with the pressure by now. 11 years ago he turned pro. Still, as you say, it's a learning curve.

imablue
22-07-2012, 20:13
He's 32 years old now IMA, he should be able to cope with the pressure by now. 11 years ago he turned pro. Still, as you say, it's a learning curve.

So ...what is age... if Ernie Els can cut it..at 52.. is he ..?
the time scale for these younger lads is extending ..
would have been sound if Adam Scott had won today ..
some things are written in the script ....
his day will come ...

candy2411
22-07-2012, 20:51
Nerves and the big occasion just get to some golfers especially the younger ones. Who can forget poor McIlroy a year or so ago when he looked home and dry and went to pieces and bottled it on the final day!

Big Ernie on the other hand was eating a sandwich and on the telephone literally minutes before maybe having to take part in a play off! How laid back was that!

soarey
22-07-2012, 20:52
Was actually sat in 16th stand when Els came through first.He actually missed a good birdie chance as well.We moved just after and couldnt belive what we saw unfold in bar.Like everyone said on the course Scott LOST the open.The atmosphere there was electric in that last 45 mins.

YOUNG GOLFER
22-07-2012, 23:27
Yes a shame but it was Scotts to lose.....he played so well today first 10 or so holes...hitting the short grass and the greens.
But i have to say his bag man should of given him a little more advice no better cadie in the business.

Think his worst shot was the last hole 1st shot ...a good solid iron and he would of the very least got a par.

Think his best shot was the 3rd shot on the last .....feel sorry for the lad but thats the game of golf which makes it such a great sport.

Think Ernie was born a year before me 1969 so not the old.

He played very well today posted a good score and just thought ok did my best see what happens.....today he got a huge gift.

Anyway made me go and have a knock on the range after 3 yrs .
Think i might have the bug again lol .

fesdie
22-07-2012, 23:34
You are quite right, ernie is only 43.

seanocelt
23-07-2012, 02:11
Tremendous for the neutral, but Scott did blow it, shame, was rooting for him after G-Mac fell away. Used to love annoying my Yank pals, over there you often play against the player, not the course and elements. In links golf, doing bad on day 3 can get you out early final round before it gets windy/wet/dry in the UK.

imablue
23-07-2012, 09:59
42 years (October 17, 1969)Ernie Els..
dunno where i got 52 from..? maybe hes ranked 52 as per link .....
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/theopen/9419756/The-Open-2012-Ernie-Els-reaches-out-to-buddy-Adam-Scott-after-dramatic-triumph-at-Royal-Lytham.html

golf birdie
23-07-2012, 13:15
any player with a putter thats longer than his driver should not be on the tour IMO. Out of 27 who started this major with the long putter 15 made the cut. Should be banned IMO.

YOUNG GOLFER
23-07-2012, 13:24
any player with a putter thats longer than his driver should not be on the tour IMO. Out of 27 who started this major with the long putter 15 made the cut. Should be banned IMO.

But everyone has a choice if they want to use one or not.....not sure if putting played such a big part in this weeks major anyhow.....looked to be the guy that kept it on the fairway out of them bunkers had the best chance.:)

golf birdie
23-07-2012, 13:43
But everyone has a choice if they want to use one or not.....not sure if putting played such a big part in this weeks major anyhow.....looked to be the guy that kept it on the fairway out of them bunkers had the best chance.:)

I really don't care if they all have the same choice, none should be allowed to use it. Golf is a game where the club should be swung free not like a pendulum.

YOUNG GOLFER
23-07-2012, 15:42
Something i read today sums it up for me.

I am a pro and play on various tours and have seen a lot of guys using these, to be perfectly honest I don’t care not one bit if they use them. I don’t think for one minute they are an unfair advantage. I personally don’t like them I think they are quite a skill on it’s own to use them!
If these were a easy way,quick fix cheat aid that I hear sooooooo many of people saying then why don’t they use them? They are not purists etc they are stupid because if it was that much of a game improver they would use them! They would win more money, more events and be better off!
I think the simple fact is they can’t use them and they are so petty they have to complain about something. Banning these is simply idiotic it does not fix your putting and it’s not for everybody.
I think what should be curbed and banned is all these super driversand fairways and hybrids if you want to complain about making the game easier it’s these things not the BELLY putter go back to the old small headed wood woods like the greats used to play! Then let’s see how many players fall by the wayside and how many of you think it’s unfair. I am an exceptionally long hitter I used to be 60-70 yards ahead of guys back in 96 now the same guys I blasted it past are 20 yards behind me!now I find this unfair and it’s all down to drivers that are 4 times larger and springy than before. I bet not one of you that complain about BELLY putters complain about gaining 30yards on your drives!
STOP complaining it’s just annoying listening to you whine on. All the guys that are winning with belly putters are great players with great swings that put the ball close so they hole putts belly putter or not they would still be winning.