PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones Calling a Spanish mobile from the UK

smiffy
23-07-2012, 08:32
Thanks to this forum I've ordered a Spanish Sim for my mobile. The number starts 0652292xxx.

Is this a mobile phone prefix i.e. it will cost the UK caller more or is it just a normal Spanish number? (like Florida mobiles?)

Thanks

karinagal
23-07-2012, 09:58
Mobile numbers start with a 6, landline numbers start with a 9.. So probably yes, depending on their network provider, calls to mobiles may cost more.

The undisputed queen of de-nial

TenerifeTeddy
23-07-2012, 11:12
Spanish mobiles all begin with a 6 or 7 and are nine numbers long. If calling from a UK phone then the prefix 0034 would need to be added.

If the person calling your mobile from the UK also uses a mobile then you will also incur a "roaming charge".

carpenter
23-07-2012, 11:21
Mobile numbers start with a 6, landline numbers start with a 9.. So probably yes, depending on their network provider, calls to mobiles may cost more.

Land lines can also start with an 8 even in Tenerife where they ran out of 922 numbers and started issuing 822 numbers.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Spanish mobiles all begin with a 6 or 7 and are nine numbers long. If calling from a UK phone then the prefix 0034 would need to be added.

If the person calling your mobile from the UK also uses a mobile then you will also incur a "roaming charge".

I can't believe that the call receiver incurs a charge from English mobiles! That explains a lot as to where my credit goes! In future, note to all clients. If you call me from your UK mobile on my Spanish mobile expect a larger bill :lol: only kidding

TenerifeTeddy
23-07-2012, 11:49
Yes, that is one of the reasons for the enormous profits that mobile companies make. The EU has forced the roaming charges down, they used to be €1.50 and are now around 45c, and are supposed to be reducing further. All the mobile companies do though is increase the prices of calls and call plans to make the money back up.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Also be careful when ringing Spanish landline numbers beginning 80x ie 807 as these are premium rate numbers and can be charged at over €1 per minute.

karinagal
23-07-2012, 18:13
Thanks for that folks, I'm relatively new to the Spanish numbers! Didn't know there were other prefix numbers....