PDA

View Full Version : Help please in finding a job and accomodation in Playa de las Americas

nicolecherise
24-07-2012, 00:50
hi all, i am curently looking into moving out to playa de las americas in the next month and would be thankful for any advise, also i have tried gettin a job out there over here by emailing bars however not many of them have websites or contact details, if i found an apartment and went over looking fr work how likely is it that i would get any? if anyone know of any decent cheap appartments in that area or near please let me know? also i have read on alot of sites i will need an NIE Number am i better off getting this before i go or when i arrive? thank you<3

mike in chayofa
24-07-2012, 08:37
I wish you good luck - you are going to need it.

Take a look through other threads on the forum (of which there are plenty) regarding the current state of the economy here, the unemployment rate (over 30%) and then make a decision as to whether to come to Tenerife.

NIE is done at the police station in Las Americas. It's an easy task and far cheaper than doing it through the Spanish consulate

KirstyJay
24-07-2012, 17:17
Though you will not be given an NIE unless you have a contracted job due to recent rule changes. I f you don't get a job within 90 days you will have to return.

Handy Sevy
24-07-2012, 21:32
Playa de las Americas? You can't be picky! You will be lucky to find job anywhere on the island.