PDA

View Full Version : How do I transfer car ownership in Tenerife?

webewitch
24-07-2012, 17:05
Hi

I'd like to buy my mother's car from her - in Tenerife.

What are the procedures? Which documents do I need? Where do I get them?

obs
24-07-2012, 17:19
Send a pm to member Goldenmaniac. She will put you right. :goodluck:

casabonny
24-07-2012, 18:33
Hi

Contact Emma at Motorworld she wil sort You out.Follow The Link in my signature

Tojack
24-07-2012, 18:56
Contact Emma at Motorworld she wil sort You out.Follow The Link in my signature

I definately :agree:

Greg
24-07-2012, 20:21
How much do they charge Tojac? Apart from taxes etc what is their service charge?

Tojack
24-07-2012, 20:37
How much do they charge Tojac? Apart from taxes etc what is their service charge?

91 euros i think.It was another matter they dealt with for me but well pleased with service.

Goldenmaniac
25-07-2012, 00:55
Hi

CAR SALE / PURCHASE CHECKLIST

Seller

Copies of:
NIF
Or if non Spanish: White NIE in date plus Passport OR certificado de registro plus passport

Original Ficha Technica (car log Book) SHOULD have a current ITV stamp with at least 1 month’s life left otherwise you can transfer the car but not get a new permiso de circulación until it has passed the ITV.
Original Permiso de Circulación matching the name of the documents above
Original paid receipt of current rodaje (road tax) (not essential but helpful)
Details of Current Address

Buyer
ORIGINALS of:
NIF
Or if non Spanish: White NIE in date plus Passport OR certificado de registro plus passport

If the address on your documentation is not your actual address then a CURRENT certificate of empadronamiento is helpful.

Both parties must sign a Compraventa (Bill of Sale) DO NOT enter a price – you can telephone to get the official book price confirmed.
Both parties sign the application to transfer and if applicable sign the authority documents to act on buyer and seller’s behalf

Modelo 620, Be ready to pay the transfer tax of 4% of the book value of the car which is submitted to the Administración Tributaria Canaria, plus 51, euros for Trafico fees, plus fees for whichever "gofa" you use, usually 90 ish euros

Tojack
25-07-2012, 08:52
See that's why you pay someone that knows what their doing.Wish i had first time.:goodluck:

obs
25-07-2012, 09:29
See that's why you pay someone that knows what their doing.Wish i had first time.:goodluck:
Correct Tojack, makes life much easier. :agree:

webewitch
25-07-2012, 12:46
Both parties must sign a Compraventa (Bill of Sale) DO NOT enter a price – you can telephone to get the official book price confirmed.
Both parties sign the application to transfer and if applicable sign the authority documents to act on buyer and seller’s behalf

Modelo 620, Be ready to pay the transfer tax of 4% of the book value of the car which is submitted to the Administración Tributaria Canaria, plus 51, euros for Trafico fees, plus fees for whichever "gofa" you use, usually 90 ish euros
Where do I get the Compraventa and what do I do with it?

Is all this simple - my spanish is okish - or are you suggesting a gopher who can do it all for us for a fee?

I'll only be in Tenerife for a week or so - so maybe a gopher would be better for me.

Greg
25-07-2012, 12:54
I was informed yesterday that as of last week the 4% tax now has a minimum threshold of 150€. Great, they just keep squeezing don't they!

casabonny
25-07-2012, 12:56
CAR SALE / PURCHASE CHECKLIST

Seller

Copies of:
NIF

Original Ficha Technica (car log Book) SHOULD have a current ITV stamp with at least 1 month’s life left otherwise you can transfer the car but not get a new permiso de circulación until it has passed the ITV.
Original Permiso de Circulación matching the name of the documents above
Original paid receipt of current rodaje (road tax) (not essential but helpful)
Details of Current Address

Buyer
ORIGINALS of:
NIF

If the address on your documentation is not your actual address then a CURRENT certificate of empadronamiento is helpful.

Hi Diane
As of 1st July Trafico MUST have proof of residency ie Empadronamiento, escritura , long term rental contract. They state that as Nationals have told them they do not require proof of residency when obtaining Green cert , they (Trafico) do !
Of course these are the rules but not all staff adhere to them! as we all well know. As most people know I go every weekso am well known by most of the staff so can often get things done that other individuals are unable to do, the old saying not what you know but who you know comes to mind. just a heads up for those going it alone.

carpenter
25-07-2012, 14:43
I think everyone should adopt the ***** way sorry the traveller way.
Everyone change their name via deed pole to Smith and lets see how the the authorities deal with that one, If everyone is the legal owner of cars, houses, motor bikes etc then this stupid tax system will soon fold. No need to changed ownership details just exchange the paperwork. Where do you live? Everywhere sir!

Only an idea but I'd love to see the panic in the squeezing b*****s faces

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Ha I can't believe p**** is banned on this forum what a joke

Goldenmaniac
25-07-2012, 14:53
Hi Diane
As most people know I go every week so am well known by most of the staff so can often get things done that other individuals are unable to do, the old saying not what you know but who you know comes to mind. just a heads up for those going it alone.
As do I Emma, Empadronamiento only seems to be an issue when the address on the residencia is different from the one on the transfer form or the address of the purchaser does not already appear in their database ie for a Spanish driving licence, but as you rightly say, it really depends on who you get on the day!
This is the relevent bit

Identificación de los interesados:
 Personas físicas; el comprador presentará
documento oficial, original, que acredite su identidad
y domicilio (DNI, permiso de conducción español,
tarjeta de residencia, pasaporte más Número de
Identificación de Extranjeros).
Best wishes Diana

casabonny
25-07-2012, 15:00
I was informed yesterday that as of last week the 4% tax now has a minimum threshold of 150€. Great, they just keep squeezing don't they!

Not heard that but have been informed that for cars over 10 years old there are changes , and fixed fees of 40 €, 70€ and 115€ ( those are off the top of my head so can't remember which cylinders they apply to but only up to 2000 cc ) thereafter normal 4 percent rules Apply .

Goldenmaniac
25-07-2012, 16:14
from 1st july 2012
Cars 10 years or older
equal or under 1000cc 40 euro minimum
over 1000cc but less than or equal to 1500cc 70 euro minimum
over 1500cc but less than or equal to 2000cc 115 euros minimum

si se trata de vehículos de turismo a motor con más de 10 años de antigüedad, que no tengan la consideración de históricos, ésta cuota vendrá determinada por:
- cilindrada igual o inferior a 1000 c.c., cuota del 40 euros.
- cilindrada superior a 1000 c.c. e igual o inferior a 1500 c.c., cuota de 70 euros.
- cilindrada superior a 1500 c.c. e igual o inferior a 2000 c.c., cuota de 115 euros.