PDA

View Full Version : My XBox has a red ring. Can anyone help?

CaptainR
15-06-2011, 14:51
Hi my xbox has got a red ring :( Please help!!!!!!

howard thornton
15-06-2011, 14:59
Hi my xbox has got a red ring :( Please help!!!!!!

hi there captain r, welcome to the forum.click on community,under helpdesk,then click on experience,read that lot, its as clear as mud.

williethetim
15-06-2011, 15:03
Hi Captain R , i remember my box had a red ring, and the chemist had a really good cream for it , hope this helps..

AL JAY
15-06-2011, 15:03
Forum member COL NIL SATIS will be on later,he is an X box expert and will give you some advice!

wahay
15-06-2011, 15:04
:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whis tle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

howard thornton
15-06-2011, 15:07
:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whis tle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

another coincidence?

Lloyd
15-06-2011, 15:15
Hi Captain R , i remember my box had a red ring, and the chemist had a really good cream for it , hope this helps..
ahaha proper had a good laugh at that :lol:

markcuk
15-06-2011, 15:27
its overheated design fault with the heatsink.

Lloyd
15-06-2011, 15:29
Make sure that everything is plugged in. My xbox had a red ring once and it was because of cables being loose ;)

markcuk
15-06-2011, 15:47
http://www.techmonkeys.co.uk/Thread-how-to-fix-red-ring-of-death-rrod-on-xbox-360-quickly-cheaply-and-simply

onelegnofeet
15-06-2011, 16:42
My RED RING has an Xbox stuck in it .....................now that is a problem!!!

wahay
15-06-2011, 16:56
hahahhahahahaha

Jackie
15-06-2011, 17:50
It is called 'The ring of death'. My son had this on his X Box and as said previously it is a fault with X Box. You can look it up on line and there will be some 'quick fixes' that you can do but these basically involve overheating it so the solder that has weakened heats up, melts and then re solders on cooling down. It can cure it permanently or it will only last for a short period, it can also damage it more. Go onto the X Box website and it should tell you where you can send it to get it repaired free of charge s long as you still have your warranty, if you haven't then obviously they will charge for the repair

henry
15-06-2011, 17:51
hi captain r.

it sound like you have the ring of death on your xbox. i try to help you on it.

Check the console itself first. One of the most common cause of RROD is overheating. If your Xbox 360 is in a small or enclosed space, or has been running for a long time, you may be able to fix the problem simply by giving it more air or letting it cool down for a while. Move the Xbox 360 to an open space, let it cool down (if it has been running) and reboot.

Turn off the Xbox 360 if the console is still showing red rings on startup; check all power cords and connections. If any cables are loose, the Xbox 360 may not be getting power. If you were using an extension cord or power supply, try plugging the console directly into the wall. A faulty power supply can cause the red-ring error. So can a faulty wall socket; make sure you test the console at another outlet if necessary.

Turn off the console and the television. Unplug the A/V cables and carefully plug them back in. Make sure they are fully connected. Loose cables can cause red-ring errors.

Try a more permanent solution if the Xbox 360 continues to show the error message. Navigate to the Xbox Online Service Center (see Resources) and select "Request a repair." You will need your login and console information.

hope this help out.

if you still having problem with your xbox contact Microsoft's official repair service

onelegnofeet
15-06-2011, 19:47
My RED RING has an Xbox stuck in it .....................now that is a problem!!!

It is called 'The ring of death'.

Well ,thats really cheered me up !!!............................................... ...

Jackie
15-06-2011, 20:55
Well ,thats really cheered me up !!!............................................... ...

Sorry OLNF, my advice would be to remove said X Box asap :lol::lol:

with cheese
15-06-2011, 22:59
Don't go plugging the wrong things in ones box.