PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fancy a Forum meet up in Los Cristianos? Post the dates you'll be here.

slodgedad
27-07-2012, 01:28
Anyone in Los Cris next week and like a meet up?

Had a chat with the owner of The Dragon Bar at Funchal, who incidentally is a Forum Sponsor, and has said that we could use the bar.

Special prices for members, and not just Happy Hour but the duration.

I don't think I'm allowed to advertise prices, but suffice it to say they're good..PM me.

If you would like to have a natter and a decent cheap pint or whatever, then let me know so he can arrange some nibbles..

It's a while since we all had a chat..

Ecky Thump
27-07-2012, 07:45
Oh how I wish that I could be there, but I will have to wait until the 25th September for another three weeks of sunshine, so arrange another meet up then and I will be there to let you buy me a beer.......:cheers:

Medman
27-07-2012, 08:03
Anyone in Los Cris next week and like a meet up?

Had a chat with the owner of The Dragon Bar at Funchal, who incidentally is a Forum Sponsor, and has said that we could use the bar.

Special prices for members, and not just Happy Hour but the duration.

I don't think I'm allowed to advertise prices, but suffice it to say they're good..PM me.

If you would like to have a natter and a decent cheap pint or whatever, then let me know so he can arrange some nibbles..

It's a while since we all had a chat..

You're only a month late !:D

slodgedad
27-07-2012, 11:28
Oh how I wish that I could be there, but I will have to wait until the 25th September for another three weeks of sunshine, so arrange another meet up then and I will be there to let you buy me a beer.......:cheers:

Deal. We'll arrange another one then...

henry
27-07-2012, 12:24
where is the dragon bar in los cristanos at?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

where is the dragon bar in los cristanos at?

Sundowner
27-07-2012, 12:59
Opposite the Aguamar hotel

marbro8
27-07-2012, 15:04
Oh how I wish that I could be there, but I will have to wait until the 25th September for another three weeks of sunshine, so arrange another meet up then and I will be there to let you buy me a beer.......:cheers:same here ecky we land on the 7th october so count us in

Ecky Thump
27-07-2012, 18:45
same here ecky we land on the 7th october so count us in

We can arrange a date and time later, its a good central spot for those who come on a bus, plus its not to far for me to carry Carol home to the El Mirador apartments!!:laugh:

Slodge......Thats my Carol, not yours.:nono:

KirstyJay
27-07-2012, 19:43
I'd be up for it...

henry
27-07-2012, 20:02
I'd be up for it...

i have to find the bar. but i make you browski a deal if i can find the bar then kirstyjay,tony, and jackie can buy my drinks!! and medman can buy my dinner!! thatīs seem fair right?? lol

tonypub
27-07-2012, 20:03
i have to find the bar. but i make you browski a deal if i can find the bar then kirstyjay,tony, and jackie can buy my drinks!! and medman can buy my dinner!! thatīs seem fair right?? lolyoull never find it.

KirstyJay
27-07-2012, 20:05
youll never find it.That's correct... it's up by the Monkey Park... innit, Tony ;) :D

marbro8
27-07-2012, 20:07
i have to find the bar. but i make you browski a deal if i can find the bar then kirstyjay,tony, and jackie can buy my drinks!! and medman can buy my dinner!! thatīs seem fair right?? lolyou can count on a beer from me as well browski so apart from your bus fare it looks like a cheap night lol

pablo1
27-07-2012, 20:50
I will pop in and say hello, my pal works in sandys bar so will be in there at some point after golf, probably late afternoon if anyone is still around.

sunspot
27-07-2012, 22:22
I would love to be there, please slodge tell me carol will be there xxx

KirstyJay
27-07-2012, 23:06
Just been informed that the 1st is the CD Tenerife friendly in Garachico... so may not be able to make it after all :( Pity, as I'd love to come. :(

slodgedad
27-07-2012, 23:43
I would love to be there, please slodge tell me carol will be there xxx

Yes, Carol will be there. So it'll be up to ou to keep her awake...:)

henry
28-07-2012, 19:38
i walk around los cristanos but still canīt find dragon bar. i whould like to come but if i canīt find the bar at all,then i wonīt come!! am sure everyone else will have fun with out me there.... i can see it now!! hayyy!!! henry not here now we can truly have a good time!!!!

primrose
28-07-2012, 19:48
i walk around los cristanos but still canīt find dragon bar. i whould like to come but if i canīt find the bar at all,then i wonīt come!! am sure everyone else will have fun with out me there.... i can see it now!! hayyy!!! henry not here now we can truly have a good time!!!!

Henry, get the bus to Los Cris bus station when you get off the bus walk up towards the roundabout with the fountain,turn right walk past the Apollo Center keep walking till you come to the first street on your right turn down that street till you come to a row of Bars on the left hand side and the Bar is on that row.

marbro8
28-07-2012, 20:08
just round the corner from the cristian sur and the tenerife sur, and if you come down the other way you go past sumerland and agumar complex and the rubina restaurant and olivers restaurant

henry
28-07-2012, 20:12
i try again tomorrow if i still canīt find it then i wonīt come!! beside i know other member will have more fun without me...

Harmonicaman
28-07-2012, 20:25
Henry, have a look at this map pal...Dragon Bar/Funchal (http://*******/maps/J1fHq)

marbro8
28-07-2012, 20:28
don't be daft henry mate i don't know any member on here that does not love you, i am really looking forward to meeting you, and i am sure when the meet up is organised someone will meet you off the bus and walk round with you because it is only 5 mins

Henry, have a look at this map pal...Dragon Bar/Funchal (http://*******/maps/J1fHq)thanks hm why dain't we think of that???

kingbaker
28-07-2012, 21:19
i try again tomorrow if i still canīt find it then i wonīt come!! beside i know other member will have more fun without me...

http://www.tenerifetravel.com/maps/southtenerife_large.html

Hi Henry ........Try this map!!

I think you might be keepin' bad company Henry!!.........now you're trolling around Los Cristianos, lookin' for BARS Ha!!Ha!!:lol:

lesbroz
29-07-2012, 00:04
Deal. We'll arrange another one then...

Please make it after the 6th October. A little late for Ecky's birthday, but near as dam it.

slodgedad
29-07-2012, 00:12
Please make it after the 6th October. A little late for Ecky's birthday, but near as dam it.

Will arrange another one a bit later.

While we're on the subject, can everyone who wants to come next wednesday put a thanks under this post so I can arrange nibbles.

Ain't fair if he caters for 50 and 2 turn up..:) , especially when he's giving us such a good deal..

henry
29-07-2012, 18:29
i finally found the bar after a hour walking. and a taxi fair that cost me 20 euros. since everything going up. even today i went to iceland in los cristnaos for some pizza. oh i allmost forgot starting auguest 1 iceland will raise prices on their products that have the 1 pound on it. before 1.40 euro and on auguest 1 it will be 1.50 euros. it is something people tight with their money and everything raise in prices. so i come by auguest 1 for the meetup if every member buy me a drink. donīt worry i donīt drink but i will take a coke.

Graceylacey
29-07-2012, 21:17
i finally found the bar after a hour walking. and a taxi fair that cost me 20 euros. since everything going up. even today i went to iceland in los cristnaos for some pizza. oh i allmost forgot starting auguest 1 iceland will raise prices on their products that have the 1 pound on it. before 1.40 euro and on auguest 1 it will be 1.50 euros. it is something people tight with their money and everything raise in prices. so i come by auguest 1 for the meetup if every member buy me a drink. donīt worry i donīt drink but i will take a coke.

The prices in Chafiras are already up by that price Henry

marbro8
29-07-2012, 21:36
i finally found the bar after a hour walking. and a taxi fair that cost me 20 euros. since everything going up. even today i went to iceland in los cristnaos for some pizza. oh i allmost forgot starting auguest 1 iceland will raise prices on their products that have the 1 pound on it. before 1.40 euro and on auguest 1 it will be 1.50 euros. it is something people tight with their money and everything raise in prices. so i come by auguest 1 for the meetup if every member buy me a drink. donīt worry i donīt drink but i will take a coke.beer is cheaper than coke in los cris henry lol

slodgedad
29-07-2012, 21:42
Henry knows where it is. He popped in today for a natter.

Great to meet you at last, Henry.

Terrynsue
30-07-2012, 19:47
can you arrange another get together after Oct 18th when we return, hello to everyone, see you soon

slodgedad
30-07-2012, 21:46
can you arrange another get together after Oct 18th when we return, hello to everyone, see you soon

Certainly can. We should try and make it quite a regular thing, as it used to be.

slodgedad
30-07-2012, 21:58
Had a chat with the boss today and arranged Forum members meet up prices.

These are not 'Happy Hour' prices but for as long as a member stays on the meet up day.

PINT! (not little jug) of Dorada, Bottle of red Dorada, Can of San Miguel, All soft drinks (Coke, Sprite etc) all for 1 Euro (Each BTW:))

Hope to see you all on Wednesday..

sunspot
30-07-2012, 23:04
Had a chat with the boss today and arranged Forum members meet up prices.

These are not 'Happy Hour' prices but for as long as a member stays on the meet up day.

PINT! (not little jug) of Dorada, Bottle of red Dorada, Can of San Miguel, All soft drinks (Coke, Sprite etc) all for 1 Euro (Each BTW:))

Hope to see you all on Wednesday..

Bottle of red dorada 1 euro......oh my word slodge another headache thursday by the looks of it

slodgedad
30-07-2012, 23:24
Bottle of red dorada 1 euro......oh my word slodge another headache thursday by the looks of it

I've asked him to stock up, Chris....:devil2::lol:

sunspot
30-07-2012, 23:26
I've asked him to stock up, Chris....:devil2::lol:

just ask him to keep them nice and cold

slodgedad
30-07-2012, 23:32
just ask him to keep them nice and cold

I'll tell him.

BTW. If we have any vegetarians attending, the ham sandwiches will be served meat and dairy free.:eyebrows:

henry
31-07-2012, 00:53
dairy free meat? never heard that lol!!

slodgedad
31-07-2012, 00:57

It means bread, Henry. It was a joke, well nearly...:)

henry
31-07-2012, 01:19
oh ok dairy free meat bread!! lol humm what the dairy free meat bread taste like chicken? hahaha

oh ok dairy free meat bread!! lol humm what the dairy free meat bread taste like chicken? hahaha

Leam_Lin
31-07-2012, 10:16
Hope you can arrange a meet up during last two weeks in September.

Sal
31-07-2012, 20:49
Hope you can arrange a meet up during last two weeks in September.

We are in Los Cris 14th-28th September and would be up for another meet-up.

karinagal
31-07-2012, 20:55
We're over 7th - 21st September....

The undisputed queen of de-nial

slodgedad
31-07-2012, 20:59
Closer to the dates we'll have to have a chat on here.

Anytime someone wants to get a meet up sorted then post.

sunspot
31-07-2012, 22:08
Still not sure of the time tomorrow slodge, its important i dont miss the cheap beer

slodgedad
31-07-2012, 22:25
It starts as soon as you get there. We'll be there about 2.30.

Don't worry, the prices are the same for Forum members all day and night.

Jo, who will be behind the bar til 3, is Forum member eggletonjo.

I dare you to try a Werthers Original Shot. Absolutely gorgeous and brain damaging...:sleeping:

marbro8
31-07-2012, 23:27
It starts as soon as you get there. We'll be there about 2.30.

Don't worry, the prices are the same for Forum members all day and night.

Jo, who will be behind the bar til 3, is Forum member eggletonjo.

I dare you to try a Werthers Original Shot. Absolutely gorgeous and brain damaging...:sleeping:lmao looking forward to that in october

Mawkin
01-08-2012, 10:44
Have a good day today and take care.

henry
01-08-2012, 21:10
i had a good time i left bout 8pm and there was only 4 member today. wow!! i thought there whould be more during the day but since 3pm when i got there only 4 members. but had a good chat!!!

sunspot
01-08-2012, 23:11
Well i have just got home and although it was only a few members today i really enjoyed the event,the bar was very welcoming and i really enjoyed the company, i think this is a perfect venue for future meet ups, thanks to everyone who did not come along today im stuffed with delicious sandwiches, pork pie and welsh cakes. which i have never had before but will certainly have again , we must do this on a regular basis, its good to talk xx

slodgedad
01-08-2012, 23:39
Pity a few more didn't turn up but as Sunspot says, all the more pies and welsh cakes for us. :)

Carol thoroughly enjoyed talking to Chris, (it's not often I let her out, Carol that is):tiphat:

Gotta do it again...

seanocelt
02-08-2012, 03:37
It was kinda last minute.....so lets have a bigger one, start organising it now Slodgie....Dragon Bar poll, most members over at the same time dictates the date?

Ecky Thump
03-08-2012, 07:40
i had a good time i left bout 8pm and there was only 4 member today. wow!! i thought there whould be more during the day but since 3pm when i got there only 4 members. but had a good chat!!!

Henry, I hope you kept every one who was there updated on the price of Coco Pops and American sweets at Iceland!:wow:

rotchie
06-08-2012, 19:49
We will be over on 13th September for 3 months, hope another meet-up can be arranged. It would be nice to put faces to names.
All the best

henry
06-08-2012, 20:17
Henry, I hope you kept every one who was there updated on the price of Coco Pops and American sweets at Iceland!:wow: you know nesquick cereal is allmost like coco pops

slodgedad
06-08-2012, 23:01
We will be over on 13th September for 3 months, hope another meet-up can be arranged. It would be nice to put faces to names.
All the best

Certainly arrange one round that time.

Be nice if members posted when they will be here and interested in a meet up as I have the perfect, friendly cheap place with nibbles.

slodgedad
06-08-2012, 23:02
I'll change the title of the thread to reflect this.

KirstyJay
07-08-2012, 10:13
The official forum Birthday is the 7th October. It will be 7 years old. :)

VideoMem
07-08-2012, 13:45
I will be there enjoying my 70th on the 12th November, in Los Cris at Victoria Court 2 from 6th to 27th November:hello:

Ecky Thump
04-09-2012, 20:31
Who is up for another Forum meet up?

We will be over for three weeks from the 28th September and Marbro along with his most Significant Other-half :wink2: will be there from the 7th October, Sal and Al should be there, I am sure I can twist Sunspots arm into coming.:drinking::whistle:.

If Henry comes, he must remember the Number1 and only rule....No talking about the price of Rice Krispies in Iceland!!:twak:

slodgedad
04-09-2012, 20:39

We will be over for three weeks from the 28th September and Marbro along with his most Significant Other-half :wink2: will be there from the 7th October, Sal and Al should be there, I am sure I can twist Sunspots arm into coming.:drinking::whistle:.

If Henry comes, he must remember the Number1 and only rule....No talking about the price of Rice Krispies in Iceland!!:twak:

We'll sort something,E.

I'm seeing Chris tomorrow so I don't think there's much danger of her missing it..:spin:

I'm saying nothing about Henry, he'll probably read this anyway...:scared:

sunspot
04-09-2012, 22:13

dont think my arm would need much twisting Ecky, i am always up for a drink with friends and its sooooooooooo cheap there

lesbroz
04-09-2012, 22:57
dont think my arm would need much twisting Ecky, i am always up for a drink with friends and its sooooooooooo cheap there

Oh Great!! I arrive on the 6th. Would love to meet up. Where????

Leam_Lin
04-09-2012, 23:58
Already here..............

Ecky Thump
05-09-2012, 00:03
Oh Great!! I arrive on the 6th. Would love to meet up. Where????

:drinking:The Dragon Bar In Los Chrisianos seems to be the appointed hostelry, Friendly, Clean and good value!!:tiphat:

seanocelt
05-09-2012, 01:27
REALLY good value.

peaches2012
05-09-2012, 17:18
Hi I don't know if we count as I only just joined the site but we will be in Los cris Oct 16th. We will be staying at Aquamar and have already been recommended Dragon bar so we will probably pop in anyway.
xx

lesbroz
05-09-2012, 17:31
Can someone give directions to the Dragon Bar, please.

peaches2012
05-09-2012, 17:48
Hi the directions are written earlier on in this thread. :goodluck:

Terrynsue
05-09-2012, 19:27
We arrive 18th October so any date/time after that will be ok for us , hello to all TnS

cheery
05-09-2012, 19:33
I don't arrive until dinner time the following day. It would have been nice to put a few faces to names. One good thing about my dates is England are playing on the Friday night. Always watch my football in the pub, almost as good as going to a game and sometimes better if it's rubbish!

Sal
05-09-2012, 19:40

We arrive 14th September and fly home on 28th. :crying2::crying2:

Santiago
05-09-2012, 19:43
I will miss you again by a couple of months!!

marbro8
05-09-2012, 20:33
We arrive 14th September and fly home on 28th. :crying2::crying2:selfish lol

Sal
05-09-2012, 21:23
selfish lol

Well we had the pleasure of meeting lots of forum friends in June and we are planning to meet up with friends again this holiday, so we can't be too greedy!

marbro8
05-09-2012, 21:27
Well we had the pleasure of meeting lots of forum friends in June and we are planning to meet up with friends again this holiday, so we can't be too greedy!i know my dear i was just looking forward to meeting you, never mind i am sure our paths will cross in the future:wink:

Sal
05-09-2012, 21:27
i know my dear i was just looking forward to meeting you, never mind i am sure our paths will cross in the future:wink:

Maybe next year? :raspberry:

Ecky Thump
16-09-2012, 15:43

Come on Slodge, we are relying on you to set a date..........Pleeeeease!!

We are over from the 25th Sept. for three weeks and are looking foreward to meeting friends old and new.:hi:

Carol55
17-09-2012, 12:47
i know my dear i was just looking forward to meeting you, never mind i am sure our paths will cross in the future:wink:

Our paths will cross in a weeks time and as I remember it, its my turn to buy the drinks!!:cheers:

KirstyJay
17-09-2012, 12:56
Please see this thread : http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?t=19896

marbro8
17-09-2012, 22:15
Our paths will cross in a weeks time and as I remember it, its my turn to buy the drinks!!:cheers:reffering to another thread my dear you are not allowed up the bar never mind buying beer for men:eyebrows: so the drinks are on me;)

LUCKY
17-09-2012, 22:33
book me for any time after 2ndNovember . Can i have permission to bring my ferrets :feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::flatcap:

Ecky Thump
19-09-2012, 12:17
reffering to another thread my dear you are not allowed up the bar never mind buying beer for men:eyebrows: so the drinks are on me;)

We will have to set a date to arrange a meeting, not everyone will be able to be at the forum birthday party.

The Dragon Bar sounds like a good venue.....Clean and Cheap, even better our very own Slodge may be found there!!:p

So who is up for a meeting after the 25th of this month....we are over from that date for three weeks. :cheers:

sunspot
19-09-2012, 13:44
You know i will be up for a meet up ecky,you say when and i will be there,mines a pint xxx

slodgedad
19-09-2012, 16:41
We will have to set a date to arrange a meeting, not everyone will be able to be at the forum birthday party.

The Dragon Bar sounds like a good venue.....Clean and Cheap, even better our very own Slodge may be found there!!:p

So who is up for a meeting after the 25th of this month....we are over from that date for three weeks. :cheers:

You know i will be up for a meet up ecky,you say when and i will be there,mines a pint xxx

How about Tuesday, 2nd October at the Dragon?

I've had a word with the boss and the special deals are on to members all day and night.

I'll post another thread if we are agreed..

Carol55
19-09-2012, 17:42
How about Tuesday, 2nd October at the Dragon?

I've had a word with the boss and the special deals are on to members all day and night.

I'll post another thread if we are agreed..

Sounds good to me Slodge....Its Eric's (Ecky) Birthday again, so he will have to put his hand in his pocket!!:scared:

Ecky Thump
19-09-2012, 21:00

Sounds good to me Slodge....Its Eric's (Ecky) Birthday again, so he will have to put his hand in his pocket!!:scared:

It's about time that you two bought me a pint!!;)

marbro8
19-09-2012, 21:09

So who is up for a meeting after the 25th of this month....we are over from that date for three weeks. :cheers:we don't land until late sunday 7th october so any time after that would be good for us, we are there for 10 days:)

LUCKY
19-09-2012, 21:17
Why not make this event a nightly meet up ? that way nobody misses a thing :flatcap::feret:

slodgedad
19-09-2012, 21:26
I've arranged the 2nd October, but there's no reason we can't make it a regular meet up place in Los Cristianos.

The owners are both TF members, one a sponsor,