PDA

View Full Version : Olympics discussion thread

Margaretta
27-07-2012, 16:35
Although not a 'sporty' person I am so looking forward to The Opening ceremony tonight and to supporting Team GB, Spain and the Canaries and another country in which I have an interest.
Just had to laugh when the Olympics minister rang the bell this morning and it flew off the handle but glad it didn't hurt anyone. There are bound to be lots of amusing and amazing moments and I am full of admiration for the organisation and hard work that has gone into this. Good luck to all our sportspersons and the organisers for a brilliant games.
Thought a thread should be started because at least one person is bound to want to chat about the games.:goodluck:

marbro8
27-07-2012, 22:37
what are you all thinking about the opening ceremony, do you think it ranks amongst one of the best or not?

Santiago
27-07-2012, 22:51
what are you all thinking about the opening ceremony, do you think it ranks amongst one of the best or not?

Well, we switched channels after about half an hour - couldn't make head or tail of what was going on and, frankly, couldn't see the point!

primrose
27-07-2012, 22:58

Awful, don't know what else to say.

marbro8
27-07-2012, 22:58
Well, we switched channels after about half an hour - couldn't make head or tail of what was going on and, frankly, couldn't see the point!tbh it got better, we where lost at the start, it was supposed to represent great britain from the early 18th century, but got better when it got to the 70's

cainaries
27-07-2012, 23:11
Well I did admire the Queen for jumping out of the helicopter. Honest! Did anything else happen?

fesdie
27-07-2012, 23:11
tbh it got better, we where lost at the start, it was supposed to represent great britain from the early 18th century, but got better when it got to the 70's

I agree, slow start but got really good but tbh finding this bit very long and dull

KirstyJay
27-07-2012, 23:24
I liked Rowan Atkinson on the piano too :D

marbro8
27-07-2012, 23:47
I agree, slow start but got really good but tbh finding this bit very long and dulltrue but they look like they are enjoying it lol, lets face it this is probably the most memorable time in their lives and it shows in their faces:wink:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

fantastic atmos when the gb team walked in:c2:

well all in all a poor start but a great end, but they should have had queen to perform because as much as i like paul his voice has not transcended with time as much as his hair, and i am not a great fan of the arctic monkeys

slodgedad
28-07-2012, 01:12
I only got to see the last hour after work and found it stunning.

Carol watched the whole thing and said she thought it was amazing.

So, either I believe you lot or I commit her.

I'll decide tomorrow when I get a chance to see the replays...:)

AL JAY
28-07-2012, 01:35
Overall i thought it was pretty good but not as good as Beijing or Sydney and you had to be British to understand some of it,there will be people in other countries who didn't understand the chimneys,so i think the commentary could have been better at informing people in a narrative sense,and finally sack the sound engineers who messed up the system when Paul McCartney came on and and had to rejig the intro,He still sounded awful mind! Loved the Queen and 007 jumping from the helicopter and the Mr Bean bit was excellent with his one finger piano bit and David Beckham in the speedboat and the Red Arrows!

ps I don't know how the Olympic flame cauldron can stay on the field surely it will be moved!

Andy0210
28-07-2012, 02:03
Think the bit when the teams were coming on would have been better with a drunk Terry Wogan commenting on it, the rest was awful the rest of the world must have been thinking WTF is this all about???????

Margaretta
28-07-2012, 09:51
Loved the Industrial Revolution emerging from the countryside and the chimneys with the forged Olympic rings. Maybe the crowd had an explanation on their programmes as it wasn't very clear at the beginning and Isambard Kingdom Brunel (Ooooh! GB rowing just now through to the final!) isn't exactly a household name although a tremendous icon in our history.
Loved the moon with the childrens' hospital beds and the thriller-like book nightmares. Rowan Atkinson was fantastically funny and is so known all over the world. The Queen sketch was funny but she doesn't look too well and she was a bit distracted. Her outfit was certainly too fussy and pastel for her and for a sporty occasion which is odd after her sophisticated and cheerful Jubilee outfits. Her opening words were amazingly minimal. Inspirational to choose young athletes to light that fabulous torch. What a sculpture! We must save that! So what's the red, twisty thing for? Closing Ceremony? I really hate that unless it looks better lit.
Hilarious: the country with the wellies and umbrellas!! Want some of those! Fireworks just the right amount.
Great....Arctic Monkies.Would have LOVED The Stones too. Sorry Macca. Your songs are worth hearing but you are past it. Why don't you produce younger people to perform your songs if you still want to keep going?
Danny Boyle, thank you. Genius.

Snowdrop
28-07-2012, 09:52
I agree with you marbro8. Artic Monkeys ughhhh! rubbish! and that goes for Paul McCartney, what a dinosaur and he had distinct probs with his vocals last night. Had a job following what was going on to begin with during the opening ceremony but when it came to the part of forging the Olympic Rings, that was quite impressive. The lighting of the cauldron was terrific, thoroughly enjoyed that part but it was definitely spoilt by PM

KirstyJay
28-07-2012, 11:08
I loved the Arctic Monkeys and thought it was brilliant of them to have a 'current' band there to celebrate the British music industry. At least it wasn't Oli Murrs or some other Cowellism.

Suej
28-07-2012, 11:10
Thought in general they did a great job! even though I lost the drift of the meaning behind some of it! lighting effects were excellent and the lighting of the cauldron was amazing!!!:c2:

On the minus side did anyone notice when the German team came through the German official in the crowd looked like he gave a Hitler style salute??? Team GB looked like a mass of Jimmy Savilles in those track suits! and Paul McCartney was abysmal (as usual) Arctic monkeys were rubbish and the Queen looked like she'd been slapped in the face with a wet fish!

Loved the Mr Bean bit!

Still watched all the way through! Good luck Team GB!!!:respect:

KirstyJay
28-07-2012, 11:13
On the minus side did anyone notice when the German team came through the German official in the crowd looked like he gave a Hitler style salute??? it was the wrong arm for a Hitler salute. I think the media are over playing that one.

Suej
28-07-2012, 11:15
it was the wrong arm for a Hitler salute. I think the media are over playing that one.

Haven't seen anything on the media Kirsty! We just thought it looked a bit off!:wink:

BobMac
28-07-2012, 11:44
tbh it got better, we where lost at the start, it was supposed to represent great britain from the early 18th century, but got better when it got to the 70's

Apart from choirs from Scotland, Wales & Ireland, there was no real representation of anywhere but England

fonica
28-07-2012, 11:51
Thought it was a bit confusing at the beginning but that may have been the BBC presentation of the event,as it got going it was stunning,clever,witty and spectacular.Only had to look at the faces in the crowd to see the effect.I'm not very often proud to be British these days but I was very proud last night.

9PLUS
28-07-2012, 12:11
Great job very Pro keep it up

KirstyJay
28-07-2012, 12:23
The commentators on Spanish TV were raving about it. 'Impresionante' they said. :c2:

golf birdie
28-07-2012, 13:01
Thought it was a bit confusing at the beginning but that may have been the BBC presentation of the event,as it got going it was stunning,clever,witty and spectacular.Only had to look at the faces in the crowd to see the effect.I'm not very often proud to be British these days but I was very proud last night.

agree with all of that. Stunning show and about time Britain showed it was proud of its past. I really am getting to hate the knockers who take every opportunity to run Britain down. Also the backdrop from the studios around the olympic park is stunning. Well done Great Britain and Danny Boyle.

primrose
28-07-2012, 14:36
agree with all of that. Stunning show and about time Britain showed it was proud of its past. I really am getting to hate the knockers who take every opportunity to run Britain down. Also the backdrop from the studios around the olympic park is stunning. Well done Great Britain and Danny Boyle.

Who on this thread is running Britain down, posters are just expressing an opinion on the opening of the Olympic Games, I for one would never run Britain down it is my home and always will be no matter how long I live in Tenerife I am proud to be British.I am not a Brit Knocker just somebody that thought the Opening Ceremony was a shambles at times.

Margaretta
28-07-2012, 16:07
Sad that we didn't win the cycling this afternoon but our guys are awesome gymnasts. We should get a medal from the latter.
Think all the ironing will be done on time this week near a TV. Do you think we could win the ironing medal ? It's competitive; you have to keep up with it and it demands training and some physical strength.

fesdie
28-07-2012, 17:35
Sad that we didn't win the cycling this afternoon but our guys are awesome gymnasts. We should get a medal from the latter.
Think all the ironing will be done on time this week near a TV. Do you think we could win the ironing medal ? It's competitive; you have to keep up with it and it demands training and some physical strength.

How right you are, my oh who rarely picks up the iron, is standing watching the telly working his way through the ironing pile! Shame we don't have the Olympics more often :agree:
Good to see the women's football team doing well

Harmonicaman
28-07-2012, 17:47
I really enjoyed it, after realising what was happening (took me about half an hour). Loved the Industrial Revolution bit! Bit weird with all the nurses, doctors and children. Re Team GBs track suits: Designer was....................................Stella McCartney! I thought the "cauldron" was absolutely fantastic! Arise Sir Danny Boyle in the next honour's list...

Suej
28-07-2012, 18:03
How right you are, my oh who rarely picks up the iron, is standing watching the telly working his way through the ironing pile! Shame we don't have the Olympics more often :agree:
Good to see the women's football team doing well

Watching that now fesdie! Think they play as well as the men! they can spit as well too!:spin:

slodgedad
28-07-2012, 18:10
I, for one, thought it was a magnificent opening ceremony (apart from PMc)

To say the themes were confusing to other countries is wrong, unless the were all listening to the BBC commentary, which they weren't.

Can you imagine watching the opening ceremony of the Chinese Olympics and listening to the commentary in Chinese?

That's what local commentaries are for...

carpenter
28-07-2012, 18:24
I loved the bit when the camera caught the Queen picking her finger nails.

I think the whole show was riveting, so original, so many ideas and so much room for improvisation from each member of the cast of thousands.

How could you not enjoy that?

It succeeded because you can't compare it to any other ceremony. These other opening ceremonies have followed the same pattern for decades and then 4 years ago Beijing did something that only they could do the best, and by god wasn't it spectacular and it couldn't be equaled never mind bettered.

The London opening ceremony told an amazing story of the British way of life it's success and depression through the centuries, no one else has the history that Britain does and I bet Americans are really jealous. They took the opening ceremony format and turned it inside out and upside down and left people open mouthed.

Some people spent so much time slagging the ceremony off on FB that they ended up sounding more bitter than John Smith. If you didn't like it you should have turned it off and let the others enjoy it!
But by continually updating your statuses you proved that it had all of your attention didn't it? I'll be blown if I'd spend 4hrs watching something I didn't like (although I did go to VIVO a couple of months back, oh god never again :zzz:)

I did find the teams procession slightly long winded and I also felt sorry for the athletes that probably wanted to be in bed earlier than they were allowed to be.

My favourite part of the show was the "house" and the story told by music through the decades and "tweets" and the dancing and "girl meets boy". What a fantastic ride Danny Boyle took us on, and Mr Bean just brilliant!

The flame, brilliant! the sporting greats giving the honor to light the flame to the next generation Amazing!

Each country that showed the ceremony had commentary in their own language so no one was lost in translation.

It's a real shame that people didn't like it but you are going to get that with everything I personally can't stand Mrs Browns Boys or Pop Music but that's just me and my opinion.

A totally brilliant inspirational show that showed the world that Britain is not scared to try something new. Bravo

Sorry Slodge didn't see the bit you wrote about local comms

Ed3229
28-07-2012, 18:32
Didn't see it.......Had lots of people comment when they visited our shop today.....Some loved it others hated it....

Best way to start an argument on a forum is to have an opinion.....So I don't !!

candy2411
28-07-2012, 18:41
Well done so far to all the organisors and Danny Boyle for last night. Really enjoyed the whole thing , thought the James Bond sketch with the Queen was great, but for me the highlight of the night was seeing David Beckham in that speedboat......he's got to be the coolest man on the planet!

Move over Daniel Craig...time for a new 007 !!!!:hi:

blondie
28-07-2012, 19:07
I agree with most of the comments posted so far thought it was very well thought out and a wee bit different. I dont know why Paul Mc. is rolled out in Britain for every occasion as he is well past his best and hopefully has destroyed any credibility he has left with that performance last night. I can only say I thought our poor queen was looking totally peed off and was Philip asleep part of the time as well,time to hand over the reins me thinks.David Beckham in that speed boat !! wow and I am an old timer. Breaks your heart to see Mohammed Ali one of the greatest athletes and showmen of all time in such a poor state of health. I wish all the athletes good luck and hope it all goes well as you see now how much work and effort has gone into such a grand spectacle, they all deserve it.

Margaretta
28-07-2012, 19:09
Well Andy Murray seems to have cheered up a lot and even did a pitch-kick! Enjoyed the archery but hubby grumbled about low scores being no fun; he's used to ...180!! Think he's loving the beach volleyball; so does Prince Harry! The attraction is......?? Fesdie, do you think we could teach our OH's a few more jobs to do while they are watching?

Lots of disappointment on the news that the torch is inside and can only be seen close-up by the spectators in the stadium. People would love to have their photos taken with the torch; maybe after the games it will be moved to a more accessible place?

Watching lots today but will have to get moving next week and use catch-up TV. Candy, couldn't we have Daniel Craig and David Beckham as special agents together? One in the helicopter and one in the motor launch....we could cope!!:pray:

Aljay, I liked the house too. I wonder what will be featured in the closing ceremony? I think iconic foods stories:the original Cadbury's, Mr. Kipling, custard pies, beer, pubs and more accent on Wales, Ireland and Scotland perhaps. As long as they keep the sense of humour!

chifleta
28-07-2012, 19:33
the Queen with James Bond cracked me up.... I just love our British sense of humour and the Queen is right up there for having a laugh, 85+ years old and she's still got a cheeky twinkle in her eye ... brilliant .... and Rowan Atkinson was soooooooooooo much more entertaining than Paul "I sang quicker than my playback voice" McCartney, I totally belly laughed - when my son got home from work he caught the re-run highlights and he cried with laughter (he loved Mr Bean when he was younger).... yes, the start was wierd, but hey ho, I didn't pay squillions to go watch it LOL ....

I'm looking forward to catching a bit of Judo over the next few days, my brother and nephew and my mummy are going on Tuesday to watch the Judo, lucky beggers :)

The Queen sketch was funny but she doesn't look too well and she was a bit distracted.

I think the poor old dear was about ready for a mug of cocoa and her bed :) bless her xx

People would love to have their photos taken with the torch; maybe after the games it will be moved to a more accessible place?

If I heard correct, each petal (trumpet part) of the torch will be given to each of the 120 countries to take back with them.... but I could be wrong, it has occurred on the very rare occassion LOL

Suej
28-07-2012, 19:47
the Queen with James Bond cracked me up.... I just love our British sense of humour and the Queen is right up there for having a laugh, 85+ years old and she's still got a cheeky twinkle in her eye ... brilliant .... and Rowan Atkinson was soooooooooooo much more entertaining than Paul "I sang quicker than my playback voice" McCartney, I totally belly laughed - when my son got home from work he caught the re-run highlights and he cried with laughter (he loved Mr Bean when he was younger).... yes, the start was wierd, but hey ho, I didn't pay squillions to go watch it LOL ....

I'm looking forward to catching a bit of Judo over the next few days, my brother and nephew and my mummy are going on Tuesday to watch the Judo, lucky beggers :)

I think the poor old dear was about ready for a mug of cocoa and her bed :) bless her xx

Judo was brill today but our guy lost miserably against Japan! Brazilian girl won Gold by Waz-ari against Romanian in women's -48kilos!

henry
28-07-2012, 19:50
i saw the whole thing yesterday with my parents. the begging was a bit slow until the 5 rings came together. i like mr.bean james bond and the queen skit. but during the music where everyone was dancing to the 70īs,80īs and so on i didnīt like it way way to long but the end where david beckham was good and the fireworks. i rate the opening cermony from 1-10 i give it 6 and a half. my option. if they didnīt had all the people daning thru the 60īs ,70īs and the begging i whould gave it a 9. but my option 6 and a half

primrose
28-07-2012, 19:54
[QUOTE=Margaretta;202784]

Lots of disappointment on the news that the torch is inside and can only be seen close-up by the spectators in the stadium. People would love to have their photos taken with the torch; maybe after the games it will be moved to a more accessible place?

Thought they turned the flame out at the end of the Olympics after the Closing Ceremony.

chifleta
28-07-2012, 19:58
Judo was brill today but our guy lost miserably against Japan! Brazilian girl won Gold by Waz-ari against Romanian in women's -48kilos!

I only caught the Russian masculine win... I had gym session this morning then food shopping, didn't get to sit down till nearly 4pm :( ... the shame is i'm taking pot lot where to watch it, as i've only got canal plus (eurosport and TDP Deporte) or BBC1 online ...

Margaretta
28-07-2012, 20:16
Thought they turned the flame out at the end of the Olympics after the Closing Ceremony.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm sure they will, Primrose, but I thought the 'petals' created a big sculpture which we could keep as a memory. Rather nice though, if each participating country receives a 'petal'. It's a thoughtful games where children, signers and all sorts of people have taken part. I cried a little at seeing Mohammed Ali. I remember his wit and energy in his younger days. I expect he misses his friend, Henry Cooper, when he visits.

primrose
28-07-2012, 20:26
Yes, I'm sure they will, Primrose, but I thought the 'petals' created a big sculpture which we could keep as a memory. Rather nice though, if each participating country receives a 'petal'. It's a thoughtful games where children, signers and all sorts of people have taken part. I cried a little at seeing Mohammed Ali. I remember his wit and energy in his younger days. I expect he misses his friend, Henry Cooper, when he visits.

Yes it would have been nice to keep the sculpture as I thought it was beautiful, I was also upset at seeing Mohammed Ali and would have preferred to remember him as he was.Sorry Margaretta but for some reason I am having trouble quoting your posts.

Harmonicaman
28-07-2012, 20:35

Yes it would have been nice to keep the sculpture as I thought it was beautiful, I was also upset at seeing Mohammed Ali and would have preferred to remember him as he was.Sorry Margaretta but for some reason I am having trouble quoting your posts.

Go back and edit it and put this [quote="Margaretta"] in front of Margaretta's post. It should show correctly then...

Suej
28-07-2012, 20:46
Mohammed Ali! what a brave man he is to still be up for appearing in public looking so frail! So sad! He really is "The Greatest":c2:

marbro8
28-07-2012, 20:49
Mohammed Ali! what a brave man he is to still be up for appearing in public looking so frail! So sad! He really is "The Greatest":c2:yes he is bless him, i think he has dementia or alzheimer's? i wonder how much his boxing career caues that???

primrose
28-07-2012, 20:55
yes he is bless him, i think he has dementia or alzheimer's? i wonder how much his boxing career caues that???

He has combat induced Parkinson's Disease.So sad but so brave.

fesdie
28-07-2012, 21:07
yes he is bless him, i think he has dementia or alzheimer's? i wonder how much his boxing career caues that???

Amazing guy, I thought it was parkinsons but don't know for definite

Fesdie, do you think we could teach our OH's a few more jobs to do while they are watching?

Ha ha, my oh is now panicking as I draw up a list of jobs to do whilst watching :laugh:

chifleta
28-07-2012, 21:28
Mohammed Ali! what a brave man he is to still be up for appearing in public looking so frail! So sad! He really is "The Greatest":c2:

Any idea what the woman with the stern angry face was saying to him when he was doing his part in the ceremony?

Susief
28-07-2012, 22:21
It makes me laugh when I read the forums reviews! You just can't please some people!
I thoroughly enjoyed it and was very proud to be British!
Loved the Queen/Bond sketch, Mr Bean and the dancing/music through the decades!
Well done Danny Boyle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christa
28-07-2012, 22:41
I watched the first 2 hours last night and the bits that most people are talking about today, ie; Queen sketch, rings, torch etc., and think all in all it was absolutely fantastic!!! OK, so other countries might not have "got it" especially the history behind it all, but WE do, and it was OUR call! I could watch it again now, and probably love it even more.

Very original, Danny you did us proud!

marbro8
28-07-2012, 23:10
just been watching the interview with the men's GB volley ball team, but they are not Brits!! what's that all about???

carpenter
29-07-2012, 00:31

As has been said it is Parkinson's disease and sadly due to his religion he has refused all medical treatment that would have slowed the deterioration of his body and mind.
A true great. It has to be said.
His last bouts with Larry Holmes and Trevor Berbick shouldn't have ever happened and the ref was practically asked by Berbick to stop the fight to stop him causing Ali any more injury.

So sad

DaveRF
29-07-2012, 00:54
I watched the first 2 hours last night and the bits that most people are talking about today, ie; Queen sketch, rings, torch etc., and think all in all it was absolutely fantastic!!! OK, so other countries might not have "got it" especially the history behind it all, but WE do, and it was OUR call! I could watch it again now, and probably love it even more.

Very original, Danny you did us proud!

The entire thing was awesome. I was sat in company and during the first 5 mins people were very derogatory. I could see exactly where it was going and thought it was awesome. How refreshing to get what we did instead of music glitz and glamour. The UK has lead the World in many ways and last night was a celebration of that and an History lesson all in one. The sketch with HRH and 007 was fabulous. Who would have ever thought she would agree and take part in something like that.

It's easy to slag off the UK but the UK has a lot to be proud of. I saw a lot of nasty comments on Facebook about the NHS during one sketch. The NHS aint perfect but it's got a lot better and continues to improve. There are still a lot of westernised Countries including the World's only Superpower which have no social healthcare. You can't pay? You suffer and die. Food for thought.

cainaries
29-07-2012, 14:40
What's with all these empty seats! Just watched tennis on centre court at Wimbledon and it's about half full. Andy Murray is playing later (I think!?) and if it is still half full for that then something has gone seriously wrong because we all know it's pretty easy to fill the Centre Court at Wimbledon if Andy Murray is playing and it's Sunday as well so not many people would have to take time off work.

It's an insult to all the British taxpayers whose money has been put towards these Games and then there was so much hassle getting tickets and now the venues aren't even full!

golf birdie
29-07-2012, 16:14
when I asked people who never liked it yesterday what they wanted to see they could not answer. These pictures show how good the show was;

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012/07/london-2012-the-opening-ceremony/100343/

Margaretta
29-07-2012, 17:38
We've won a SILVER! Yippee!!
Thinking that the country who paraded in the wellies and with brollies are feeling smug today. We live about 25 miles from the site (went to school nearby) and we've had thunder and torrential rain all afternoon.
Lovely to see Mum and Grandad supporting Zara Phillips this morning...she was really good!
Carpenter, there was a documentary about Mohammed Ali a while back and they showed what they thought was the punch responsible for his illness. So glad the boxers in the Olympics wear helmets. Much more sensible.
Yes Cainaries, the seats are just so expensive that most people we know are opting for the superb TV Coverage and maybe that's fairly general? TV coverage referring to the different sports you can choose to watch. Some commentators are brilliant and others are really boring, chosen for their fame in their sport rather than their ability with words and to ask relevant questions of those who have just finished their event.
Synchronised diving? i didn't know it was a sport? Hubby cross that darts isn't recognised. If I have to drag him off the settee again to do something, anything, I'll pretend I've hurt my back and then he'll HAVE to get moving. I'm not having two weeks of waitressing!!!

Margaretta
31-07-2012, 00:20
Synchronised diving. Our Brits did very well but to me it seems illogical that pairs of different heights would roll, twist and fall at exactly the same rate. They can do it and I'm quite wrong; it's like one of those awful maths problems. but I think if I were a coach I would tend to choose a pair more matched in height and weight.

Well done to our rowers, weight-lifters and riders. Greenwich Park is fabulous. I went to school next to it and lived by for most of my life and it is beautiful with masses of history in its trees and sites. Our family Sunday walks were from Blackheath through the flower gardens, visit the deer, listen to the band, to General Wolfe's statue,stand on the Meridian Line (not enclosed when I was young) and down the hill to Greenwich, The Cutty Sark, the river, a pub and the bus back up the hill. Little was revealed in John Sergeant's programme on Sunday. There are actually tunnels under the park from the Palace to small domes still found in local gardens for deliveries, escape and maybe smuggled goods from the river. I think the equestrian course is magnificent and I hope that it encourages everyone to visit Greenwich Park and Greenwich itself. I have a photo of my Dad who took part in the 1933 Thames Pageant there. He would be delighted to see the events of today.

KirstyJay
31-07-2012, 00:24
Just a little light relief :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bws52wtv6Ts

Margaretta
31-07-2012, 12:04
Great, fun picture Kirsty.
Sorry if I got a little sentimental about Greenwich. I even had my wedding reception by the river there and photos in front of the Queen's House opposite the equestrian arena. I was really praising the brilliant venue after a lot of people living near the park campaigned vigorously not to have the horses there. Family supported the event because after all, Henry VIII used to ride and hunt there!
Sorry for Zara Phillips. Great rider but lots of pressure. Nice to see her supported by the family.

BobMac
31-07-2012, 12:05
Another bit of light relief courtesy of the late great Spike Milligan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmJSrVNKnr0

KirstyJay
31-07-2012, 12:48
Great, fun picture Kirsty.It's not a picture... it's a video!

Suej
31-07-2012, 13:01
Just won team silver medal for Horsejumping!!!! Individuals next!:goodluck:

cainaries
31-07-2012, 13:37
Just won team silver medal for Horsejumping!!!! Individuals next!:goodluck:

Gosh it's frustrating relying on our weird television system here. Was that the same event Zara Philips was in, suej? (Apologies for dumb questions ... I have beach volleyball team Spain on ... or rather I had! OH will never get the gardening done if I leave that on.

Suej
31-07-2012, 13:53
Gosh it's frustrating relying on our weird television system here. Was that the same event Zara Philips was in, suej? (Apologies for dumb questions ... I have beach volleyball team Spain on ... or rather I had! OH will never get the gardening done if I leave that on.
Sorry Cainaries I didn't see it until the end so don't know who was in the team! Our GB Judo Euan Burton just lost to Canada! I had tears in my eyes as the reporter stuck a mic in his face directly after the fight and the guy was so distraught he could hardly speak! just kept repeating that he let everyone down, his coaches his Country and his family!and that he had waited 25 years to get this far! he's 33 so it will be his last attempt for an Olympic medal! Watching this just makes you realise how much of their hearts and souls these athletes put into these games!

PS! OH just told me Zara Philips was in the team!

Margaretta
31-07-2012, 14:25
Now why did I miss that triangle?
I should think that was professionally produced. Very amusing and effective.

cainaries
31-07-2012, 15:02
Sorry Cainaries I didn't see it until the end so don't know who was in the team! Our GB Judo Euan Burton just lost to Canada! I had tears in my eyes as the reporter stuck a mic in his face directly after the fight and the guy was so distraught he could hardly speak! just kept repeating that he let everyone down, his coaches his Country and his family!and that he had waited 25 years to get this far! he's 33 so it will be his last attempt for an Olympic medal! Watching this just makes you realise how much of their hearts and souls these athletes put into these games!

PS! OH just told me Zara Philips was in the team!

Thanks, Suej!

Can't help but wondering if all the Brits who wanted Federer to beat Andy Murray at Wimbledon (and there were a lot of them) also want to deny him Olympic Gold. Andy just flitted through our Eurosport channel but it's gone back to swimming. They seem to concentrate on everything water related.

Saw a woman from Iran in some rowing-canoeing (you can see how much I know about it) and even though she came last in her heat that brought tears to my eyes just to think how hard she must have fought to get to that point, just to be allowed to come and then rowing in rather more clothes than the other competitors!

Vortex Wake
31-07-2012, 15:24
The BBC have over 25 live Olympic channels via cable or satellite , and although I am not a great sports person, It is good to be able to flip between the live sailing at Weymouth , to the tennis at Wimbledon - oh , and the women's beach volleyball ;)

Suej
31-07-2012, 16:49
Thanks, Suej!

Can't help but wondering if all the Brits who wanted Federer to beat Andy Murray at Wimbledon (and there were a lot of them) also want to deny him Olympic Gold. Andy just flitted through our Eurosport channel but it's gone back to swimming. They seem to concentrate on everything water related.

Ta for info!

Saw a woman from Iran in some rowing-canoeing (you can see how much I know about it) and even though she came last in her heat that brought tears to my eyes just to think how hard she must have fought to get to that point, just to be allowed to come and then rowing in rather more clothes than the other competitors!

Try watching here http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/others.html all olympic events live! the streaming in excellent!:wink:

cainaries
31-07-2012, 19:53
Thanks so much for that, Suej. Have found something which might be tennis on our real tv despite the fact that it says it is voleibol.

chifleta
31-07-2012, 20:12
Try watching here http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/others.html all olympic events live! the streaming in excellent!:wink:

thankyouverymuchly :) might get to see something I want to watch now.. my brother and mum were at the Judo today and I didn't get to see any of it on TV so well miffed LOL caught a bit of the gymnastics, but they didn't show much of the UK girls...

Thanks so much for that, Suej. Have found something which might be tennis on our real tv despite the fact that it says it is voleibol.

hehehehe I was watching TVE1 earlier, said Juegos Olimpicos, but it was a Telenovela.... increible verdad!?

KirstyJay
31-07-2012, 21:23
Thanks, Suej!

Can't help but wondering if all the Brits who wanted Federer to beat Andy Murray at Wimbledon (and there were a lot of them) also want to deny him Olympic Gold. Andy just flitted through our Eurosport channel but it's gone back to swimming. They seem to concentrate on everything water related.No, they concentrate on the sports that Spanish contestants are in.

cainaries
31-07-2012, 21:36
No, they concentrate on the sports that Spanish contestants are in.

Hi, I understand that but the 'Eurosport' channel we get isn't primarily a Spanish channel.

I didn't mean would the Spanish not want Andy Murray to win gold ... of course they will want a Spaniard to win. I meant the Brits who didn't want him to win Wimbledon and backed Federer ... are they backing Federer for a Gold medal as well? I'll stop rambling now.

slodgedad
31-07-2012, 21:38
I watched the whole of the Murray game today on BBC3..

marbro8
31-07-2012, 23:37
i work with Kristian thomas (prospective) father in law and the whole of the west midlands are so proud of the men's gymnastics team, first medal in 100 years!!! well done guy's

KirstyJay
01-08-2012, 01:02
#411, the black Canadian girl in the gymnastics was stunning! I don't think she faltered!

AL JAY
01-08-2012, 01:05
The Olympics is slowly turning into a farce after last nights events in the badminton! China who are incidentely world champions in the ladies doubles were playing S Korea,both teams are already through to the knockout stage. To avoid playing their B team in the next stage they decided to try and throw the game by purposely lobbing the shuttlecock into the net to give their opponents the points! S Korea started doing the same to the amazement of the crowd,the umpire called them together and threatened to disqualify both teams,I hope the IOC see sense and make a statement tomorrow and throw them out! Hardly in the spirit of the games is it? To make matters worse,when questioned later the Chinese players said they were just trying to conserve energy!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2181781/London-2012-Olympics-Badminton-farce-Wembley-Arena.html

gold at last

Well done to Helen Glover & Heather Stanning winning in style in the 2000 Metres rowing!!!

Suej
01-08-2012, 12:06
WE JUST WON OUR FIRST GOLD!!!! 2 woman rowing team!!!! A convincing win!!!!:jumping:

thankyouverymuchly :) might get to see something I want to watch now.. my brother and mum were at the Judo today and I didn't get to see any of it on TV so well miffed LOL caught a bit of the gymnastics, but they didn't show much of the UK girls...

hehehehe I was watching TVE1 earlier, said Juegos Olimpicos, but it was a Telenovela.... increible verdad!?

I'm afraid we're not doing very well in Judo! Even the BJA criticised the squad! Sally Conway beat the Chad girl by Ippon (great win) but lost her next to the really tall Dutch girl Bosch by Waz-ari the Dutch girl was 6' and Sally is 5'7" but she really did her best!

Just won a Bronze in rowing!!! Should have been silver but just got pipped by the Canadians!

Here's another link for your pc to watch any live Olympic events! http://www.vipbox.tv/olympics.html

I really must go out now but need to get back to see semi finals!!! Blady shopping!:doh:

AL JAY
01-08-2012, 13:29
Breaking news... The 4 Badminton teams from China and S Korea have been thrown out of the competition for blatant cheating and not conforming to to the ethos and spirit of the games!!!

Suej
01-08-2012, 13:47
Good! very unsporting! China have won enough anyway!:laugh:

cainaries
01-08-2012, 15:00
Breaking news... The 4 Badminton teams from China and S Korea have been thrown out of the competition for blatant cheating and not conforming to to the ethos and spirit of the games!!!

Wonder what else they're cheating at!!

Vortex Wake
01-08-2012, 15:22
Tenerife just got a mention from the commentators of the current road racing, talking about Bradley Wiggins training .

Another Gold !

Well done Bradley :):)

AL JAY
01-08-2012, 16:06
GOLD...for Bradley Wiggins! Bronze for Chris Froome!

Margaretta
01-08-2012, 17:54
Loved the gymnastics yesterday (days of triumph when I managed a forward roll on a mat at Primary School somewhat diminished!)
Wonderful height and flexibility.
So sad to see the Chinese sobbing because they 'only got silver.' Similarly the Russians who looked as though they might be punished. Is it sport to put such pressure on children? Our equestrian silver medallists positive attitude was a good lesson.
Not sure about one or two interviewers. One of our martial arts team yesterday seemed almost suicidal and the interviewer was questioning him repetitively and very insensitively and just wouldn't let the poor man go. In my opinion there should be a limit.

Loved seeing Olga Korbutt....what a character!!

cainaries
01-08-2012, 18:13
My god-daughter has just got her mum a ticket for the 'tennis venue' for tomorrow. She said she had been online and trying for anything and suddenly 8 options came up and she took the tennis. So it does look as if there are some returns available for people with lots of patience on the internet.

As for the chinese sobbing when they only got silver ... we don't know what punishment is in store for them!

CaribeCelt
01-08-2012, 19:20
As for the chinese sobbing when they only got silver ... we don't know what punishment is in store for them!

???
Yep,fifty lashes for not winning gold.
In another post you accused the Chinese of being cheats and now of punishment when they get home...if anybody is cheating they will be found out.
I suppose you think the athelete's outside of Europe and America will be subjected to systematic torture when they go home,for failing to win gold??

On another note:I must say the Brits have been giving the Irish athelete's a brilliant welcome...any event the Irish are in the crowd give them great backing....J.J. Nevin got brilliant backing today at his fight,which he won...well done British sports fans:respect:

AL JAY
01-08-2012, 19:43
It was actually Japan that done the wingeing in the Gymnastics team event! At one stage it was China in gold team GB in Silver and Ukraine in bronze! The Japanese geezer fell on dismount from the pommell horse and was marked down accordingly! They objected and after a review were awarded Silver so we got bronze and Ukraine were demoted to 4th! I actually felt sorry for Ukraine as they actually thought they had a medal!

*throws sushi in bin*:eyebrows:

cainaries
01-08-2012, 21:04
???
Yep,fifty lashes for not winning gold.
In another post you accused the Chinese of being cheats and now of punishment when they get home...if anybody is cheating they will be found out.
I suppose you think the athelete's outside of Europe and America will be subjected to systematic torture when they go home,for failing to win gold??

On another note:I must say the Brits have been giving the Irish athelete's a brilliant welcome...any event the Irish are in the crowd give them great backing....J.J. Nevin got brilliant backing today at his fight,which he won...well done British sports fans:respect:

I'm a lazy old bag, caribecelt, and I can't be bothered to add smilies to my posts. I suppose I should have added a few winks and laughs and then you might have seen that I wasn't really being serious.

I would be disappointed in any country or competitor who cheated and I am well aware that any one might.

CaribeCelt
01-08-2012, 21:40
I'm a lazy old bag, caribecelt, and I can't be bothered to add smilies to my posts. I suppose I should have added a few winks and laughs and then you might have seen that I wasn't really being serious.

I would be disappointed in any country or competitor who cheated and I am well aware that any one might.

:respect:...No probs Cainaries.

cainaries
01-08-2012, 21:42
:respect:...No probs Cainaries.

Oh, that's a relief! Enjoy the rest of the Games and may the best 'person' always win!

AL JAY
02-08-2012, 16:15
2 more GOLDS & 2 SILVER

GOLD & SILVER Canoeing
GOLD Clay pigeon double trap
Silver...Ladies Judo

Suej
02-08-2012, 16:17
Whoooooop! Gemma Gibbons has just won a Silver medal for Judo! The American beat her to the Gold by only a small score so WELL DONE GEMMA!!! first medal for Judo in 12 years!:c2::c2::c2:

AL JAY
02-08-2012, 16:26
World record for team GB in the the ladies team sprint beating Australia in the qualifier heat!

Gah! that World record only lasted 5 mins... Bloody Chinese!:whistle:

Gold for GB in mens team sprint and new world record at the velodrome!!!

boo ladies team DQd

CaribeCelt
03-08-2012, 10:28
Philip Hindes has admitted to cheating..I wonder if they will take back his gold?Can they do that?
Also,that decision the British boxer,Ogogo,got against the Ukranian was scandalous,the boxing has been a farce so far with this new scoring system and dodgy refereeing.

The referee who failed to disqualify the boxer who was knocked down six times in the final round has been sent home...the right decision as he was brutal.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/azerbaijani-boxing-official-expelled-olympics-223526869.html

Suej
03-08-2012, 11:11
Philip Hindes has admitted to cheating..I wonder if they will take back his gold?Can they do that?
Also,that decision the British boxer,Ogogo,got against the Ukranian was scandalous,the boxing has been a farce so far with this new scoring system and dodgy refereeing.

The referee who failed to disqualify the boxer who was knocked down six times in the final round has been sent home...the right decision as he was brutal.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/azerbaijani-boxing-official-expelled-olympics-223526869.html

Didn't they waiver his admission as English is not his first language and he didn't mean it to sound that way! Hmmm!:dontknow:

CaribeCelt
03-08-2012, 11:25
I didn't know that SueJ.
But"We had planned it before the race that if anyone was in trouble we would crash the bike"sounds like cheating to me...I don't see how that can be mis-interpeted.

Suej
03-08-2012, 12:50
I didn't know that SueJ.
But"We had planned it before the race that if anyone was in trouble we would crash the bike"sounds like cheating to me...I don't see how that can be mis-interpeted.

Me neither CC! it looks to most as blatant cheating! but the guy changed his story later and used his lack of the English language as an excuse!:wink2:

AL JAY
03-08-2012, 18:40
Another 2 Golds so far today,the mens cycling pursuit team have just beat Australia in the final and breaking their own world record in the process!

Earlier today we won Gold in the ladies double skulls final!!!

here's a good Olympic link

http://www.london2012.com/medals/medal-count/

Suej
03-08-2012, 18:55
Won a bronze in womens Judo too Al!!! :D

AL JAY
03-08-2012, 19:13
Won a bronze in womens Judo too Al!!! :D

Ooops i thought she was a man :wow::D

Another gold for GB Victoria Pendleton in the cycling Keirin event :bowdown::c2:

golf birdie
03-08-2012, 19:25
and mean while, Spain :lol::lol::lol: Seems they spent all their cash on football coaches and none on anyone else.....

AL JAY
03-08-2012, 21:06
and mean while, Spain :lol::lol::lol: Seems they spent all their cash on football coaches and none on anyone else.....

Spain were favourites for Gold in the football but were first team out finishing bottom of their group and currently have 2 medals in other events! :wink2::D

cainaries
03-08-2012, 21:10
Spanish girl beat Rebecca Addlington though (apologies if spelt wrong). And they were both beaten by an American .. I'm not explaining this very well.

And Andy Murray is through to the final of the Men's Singles ...

candy2411
03-08-2012, 21:19
well done Andy Murray, what a performance!:):mexicanwave:

chifleta
03-08-2012, 22:10
http://www.rtve.es/londres-2012/

don't know if anyone has posted this previously, but saw this link today with live coverage of various of the events.... a bit late that I missed the judo, as the other link I was using decided not to let me in ... anyways, no commentary, so it's nice just hear the audience :)

Suej
03-08-2012, 22:58
http://www.rtve.es/londres-2012/

don't know if anyone has posted this previously, but saw this link today with live coverage of various of the events.... a bit late that I missed the judo, as the other link I was using decided not to let me in ... anyways, no commentary, so it's nice just hear the audience :)

I had the same problem with watching today on both Vipbox and Firstrow sports and used that same link! brilliant!:D

cainaries
03-08-2012, 23:32
I finally managed to use my VPN successfully today to watch the tennis. OH sat in front of our telly and watched a variety of other sports, swimming, cycling, weight-lifting, etc. Just had an email from a friend who lives just up the road here as she had four channels of tennis which she hates and nothing else! We might swap houses for the weekend.

Margaretta
04-08-2012, 12:14
Our TV is on at 9:00a.m. until about 11:00p.m. and as soon as there is a race we all rush from whatever we are doing to watch and cheer. Another disrupted week ahead....it's fabulous! I never was a 'sporty' person but loving every moment, admiring the expertise, dedication and efforts of the athletes. As I type there's a drama with the British team. It may be a breakage of a seat? The rowers are returning to the start for the 'referee's decision.

chifleta
04-08-2012, 14:28
I only had a choice of TVE1, Eurosport or Teledeporte... so i've been watching BBC1 online (filmon.com) and now watching that new link... I did have another website with loads of links, but it was pot luck if they worked or not, and adverts popping up every few mins, which is annoying when you miss the winning Ipon throw in the Judo matches LOL ...... loving the athletics so far ... looking forward to catching some of the syncronised swimming tomorrow (fingers and toes crossed) ... none of us did much at the gym this morning, we were all watching the TV in between weight training :D

timmylish
04-08-2012, 15:00
Didn't they waiver his admission as English is not his first language and he didn't mean it to sound that way! Hmmm!:dontknow:

This reminds me of you an other ladies anti Andy Murray views. Lost in translation. Aye Big Yin. A winnae be gaeing it laldy fur'ra Sassies!

I finally managed to use my VPN successfully today to watch the tennis. OH sat in front of our telly and watched a variety of other sports, swimming, cycling, weight-lifting, etc. Just had an email from a friend who lives just up the road here as she had four channels of tennis which she hates and nothing else! We might swap houses for the weekend.

Canaries. What problem are you having with the VPN. Should be straightforward. Can we help?

cainaries
04-08-2012, 16:16
This reminds me of you an other ladies anti Andy Murray views. Lost in translation. Aye Big Yin. A winnae be gaeing it laldy fur'ra Sassies!

Canaries. What problem are you having with the VPN. Should be straightforward. Can we help?

Very kind of you, timmylish. It depends how I approach the websites I think. I am still learning my way around but have found how to watch the Olympics which is great. May I send you a PM if I get stuck again? My whole internet connection keeps going down which means I have to log in all over again. It's got a bit better this afternoon though.

PS I am Andy Murray's token English fan. Thrilled with the way he is playing and fingers and paws all crossed here for him for tomorrow.

lesbroz
04-08-2012, 16:34
Come On Jess Ennis!!! Made of Sheffield Steel. We all love you.

Suej
04-08-2012, 16:40

:p And I still don't like him!:lol:

Vortex Wake
04-08-2012, 16:51
I was down at Weymouth yesterday watching the sailing (nope - I don't understand it either :D).

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/547911_4347939302316_539194496_n.jpg

The big screens on Weymouth beach

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/427208_4347960982858_708100223_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/268671_4347916661750_477292583_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/549673_4347919021809_594629425_n.jpg

BBC ground station

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/392198_4347941422369_2073311006_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/551112_4347959182813_1001085211_n.jpg

And here is a quick video via Facebook :)

http://www.facebook.com/v/4351458590296

candy2411
04-08-2012, 17:44
well done to Andy Murray and Laura Robson just through to doubles final tomorrow!

so that's 2 finals tomorrow for Andy Murray, 2 medals at least silver! :):mexicanwave2:

GB up to 3rd now in the medals table, wonderful!:c2:

golf birdie
04-08-2012, 18:37
makes you proud to be British. Shows that with the right investment and training we can match anyone. Football should take note.

AL JAY
04-08-2012, 18:44
2 more Golds and a Silver today in the rowing (sculling) and the ladies pursuit team have just won Gold and broke the World record in the Velodrome,We are now 3rd in the medal table! Also looking good for Jessica Ennis later!

candy2411
04-08-2012, 19:09
makes you proud to be British. Shows that with the right investment and training we can match anyone. Football should take note.

It's quite awesome and humbling to realise the level of commitment the athletes and their families give to their sport.Their love of their sport is immense in every aspect and while they obviously need sponsorship to be able to survive and compete, they don't appear to be driven by monetary reward.

Sadly the same can't be said of football.

AL JAY
04-08-2012, 21:15
GOLD For Jessica Ennis in the heptathlon...Go Girl!!!

GOLD...in the long jump for Greg Rutherford! wow!!!

tonypub
04-08-2012, 21:54
fly mo gold booom.proud to be british

murph
04-08-2012, 21:54
GOLD For Jessica Ennis in the heptathlon...Go Girl!!!

GOLD...in the long jump for Greg Rutherford! wow!!!

And now GOLD for Mo Farrah in the 10K

What a day for British Athletics - Fantastic

AL JAY
04-08-2012, 21:55
GOLD...For MIGHTY MO FARAH...

Vortex Wake
04-08-2012, 22:22
Team Gordon Bennett football team go out on penalties

Margaretta
04-08-2012, 22:35
Oh my goodness! Never on a sports field have so many cheered for the few...or so many gold, silver and bronze medallists.
We've another week of this and the tension, tears and ecstasies will have to be born for another week. I've a slightly sore throat and lost a filling through shouting at the TV and I'm not even sporty! So proud of being British and of our wonderful Olympics and athletes.

COL NIL SATIS
04-08-2012, 22:40
OLYMPIC MEDAL TABLE AS IT STANDS ....OMG

GO GO GO TEAM GB

http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r525/col59/gm.jpg

http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r525/col59/CAf4lC_C7Ian89Y9uAuc.png

Absolutely incredible performance by the Brits,so proud of them !!!

lesbroz
04-08-2012, 22:41
I have to admit that I have cried buckets tonight. So proud of Jess Ennis and of course all of our British Athletes. It gives you a nice warm feeling inside!

murph
04-08-2012, 22:45
I have to admit that I have cried buckets tonight. So proud of Jess Ennis and of course all of our British Athletes. It gives you a nice warm feeling inside!

Only the overpaid so-called ''superstar'' footballers let TEAM GB down today !!!

lesbroz
04-08-2012, 22:46
Only the overpaid so-called ''superstar'' footballers let TEAM GB down today !!!
Oh so True!!

Think lessons could be learned here.

smigster
04-08-2012, 22:58
overpaid and overated total disgrace,we should stop paying to watch prem football,venga raqui

TenerifeTeddy
04-08-2012, 23:10
:doh:Typical performance by a footballer. Nine penalties scored with the goalkeepers nowhere near, with the players deciding which way to go and then blasting it. Then one clever so and so decides to try and trick the keeper and yes, we fail on yet another penalty shoot out!!! :doh: Will they never learn.

AL JAY
04-08-2012, 23:45
What a day for Team GB!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCx5bx-qtJQ

canary boy
05-08-2012, 00:28
I have been so inspired by the last week, What a performance.

What i have really liked is the aerial pictures from all venues and the views are stunning , What a beautiful country we live in, Weather its portland bill, Box Hill or the Greenwich park its absolutely beautiful, No wonder everyone wants to be here!

jolfc
05-08-2012, 05:45
good grief, i am in awe of what our olympians have all achieved in the last week. last night i lost my voice from shouting mo farahs name as he ran the closing stages of the race just fantastic. :c2:
footballers in the premiership take note, it is not all about the money.
hopefully more medals to follow this week. :D

golf birdie
05-08-2012, 09:32
for all those who said the games were a waste of money, well I hope we waste a few buckets full more. What a night to follow a great day. To train for 4 or more years and finally achieve your goal must be amazing and the crowd and noise was something that will stay with these athletes for the rest of their days and inspire youngsters to try and do the same. Amazing, no other word for what is happening.

Shugstar63
05-08-2012, 16:43
Watched the ladies boxing earlier.....the lass from Toxteth Liverpool Natasha Jonas was very impressive.......a live medal hope !

CaribeCelt
05-08-2012, 16:57
Watched the ladies boxing earlier.....the lass from Toxteth Liverpool Natasha Jonas was very impressive.......a live medal hope !

She is good but Katie Taylor will be too much for her tomorrow.
Katie is four times World champion and is a real class act...one of the best athletes to come out of Ireland,imo.
Saying that anything is possible in amateur boxing and people over here have been questioning the scoring system...saying the scores are favouring the home boxers.
Anyway I'm looking forward to fight tomorrow at 2.30pm.

Shugstar63
05-08-2012, 17:37
Caribe..... I did hear she may be up against it.
I've not been an avid follower of ladies boxing until now....but must say tha Natasha used the ring well and was technically very good...have not seen Katie Taylor so looking forward to that one.....unfortunately a lot on tomorrow, but will SKY plus.
You reckon on Ireland's first medal then. Is she worth a bet, as I like a flutter ?

Suej
05-08-2012, 17:43
Do the Lady Boxers wear any protective padding around their boobs?! I saw a little bit just now and noticed they do punch to the body area one of the girls took quite a hard jab to the side of the chest! it made me wince! not sure about this ladies boxing at all tbh!:sorry:

CaribeCelt
05-08-2012, 18:12
Caribe..... I did hear she may be up against it.
I've not been an avid follower of ladies boxing until now....but must say tha Natasha used the ring well and was technically very good...have not seen Katie Taylor so looking forward to that one.....unfortunately a lot on tomorrow, but will SKY plus.
You reckon on Ireland's first medal then. Is she worth a bet, as I like a flutter ?

Worth a massive bet mate.
She really is a class act....one of the best boxers to come out of Ireland.
I have followed her for years now...top class.

Shugstar63
05-08-2012, 18:21
Worth a massive bet mate.
She really is a class act....one of the best boxers to come out of Ireland.
I have followed her for years now...top class.

Oh my word........Caribe.....you into a punt?
We had a strong hint for a horse in the Stewards Cup Goodwood yesterday.........it won at 9-1....I got a largish bet on at 10-1.........everyone in G33 bet it.....thankfully a Sun Newspaper tipster napped it........so no stewards enquiry there then!

hawkeyethenoo...........Scottish name & trainer too !

CaribeCelt
05-08-2012, 18:26
Like a bet myself mate.
Katie is 4/7 for gold,so it would take a massive bet to get a roll.

Do the Lady Boxers wear any protective padding around their boobs?! I saw a little bit just now and noticed they do punch to the body area one of the girls took quite a hard jab to the side of the chest! it made me wince! not sure about this ladies boxing at all tbh!:sorry:

Some wear padding around the breasts...most don't as they are not that well endowed around that area.:lol:

Suej
05-08-2012, 19:08
Like a bet myself mate.
Katie is 4/7 for gold,so it would take a massive bet to get a roll.

Some wear padding around the breasts...most don't as they are not that well endowed around that area.:lol:

Well I wouldn't make a good boxer then!:lol:

CaribeCelt
05-08-2012, 19:19
Well I wouldn't make a good boxer then!:lol:

Oh I don't know.
Plenty of duct tape can work wonders.

KirstyJay
05-08-2012, 19:54
for anyone that missed the medal giving at the tennis, as we did because TDP switched to a different sport, you can see it on iPlayer :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01lpnrp/Olympics_London_2012_BBC_One_Day_9_13.3016.00/

The last game is at about 2:37 and the medals at 2:52 if you want to fast forward.

:)

tonypub
05-08-2012, 20:52
respect to andy murray,he sang god save the queen and paraded the union flag with pride

CaribeCelt
05-08-2012, 21:01
Ireland's John Joe Nevin has just guaranteed himself a medal by beating a highly rated Mexican...Well done J.J.:c2:

Nevin is a great amateur,one of the best to come out of Ireland.
Belfast's Paddy Barnes and Dublin's Katie Taylor fight tomorrow,and if they win,they will guarantee another two medals at the boxing for Ireland.
On another note,the scoring tonight in the boxing has been baffling,to say the least...what do these judges be doing??they have been brutal all competition.

Margaretta
05-08-2012, 21:09
Crikey! What a day! So thrilled for Andy Murray and Ben Ainslie.
Weird thoughts: would love to see Steve Ovett here. I know he now lives in Australia but he is a legend.
So cross with interviewers who continually commiserate badly, ask fatuous questions and don't offer a vestige of hope especially to the young 18 year old from Kent who came third!!!! in the heat with the really fast Jamaican (Bolt's friend). I could shotput the present interviewer who just lets these young men and ladies tie themselves in knots of despair. They are THERE. They have raced for Britain. They are BRILLIANT!!
Lovely to see the exchange of nametags and respect between two athletes just now. Loved the pommell horse and well done to our silver and bronze medallists for their success and graciousness in defeat.
Fighting talk tonight. I think the mostly excellent behaviour of the athletes makes that of many footballers totally unacceptable and maybe they should be paid as little as those striving in other sports.

Loved seeing the wonderful runners, especially seeing Usain Bolt......bolt!

KirstyJay
06-08-2012, 00:01
Watching the post-100m interviews on Spanish TV was great... the interviewer spoke to Yohan Blake in English and she listened to his reply, totally cocked up the translation and all the commentators in the studio were talking about how hard it was to understand him!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: That strong Jamaican accent. :rofl:

slodgedad
06-08-2012, 02:24
Watching the post-100m interviews on Spanish TV was great... the interviewer spoke to Yohan Blake in English and she listened to his reply, totally cocked up the translation and all the commentators in the studio were talking about how hard it was to understand him!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: That strong Jamaican accent. :rofl:

Ai unerstood everting, mon...

candy2411
06-08-2012, 12:07
Great day yesterday and Congratulations to Andy Murray who not only won both Gold and Silver medals , but sang the anthem and paraded the GB flag with pride!!:cheer::c2::respect:

The GB football team on the other hand were a great disappointment.

Several big names made a point of not singing the GB anthem and quite frankly if they weren't capable of endorsing the team spirit and loyalty to GB, should never have agreed to be in the team.

Yes, Ryan Giggs, Craig Bellamy, Aaron Ramsey....I'm referring to you!

I'm Welsh and quite honestly you disgusted me. I'm glad you're out of the competition cos unlike the rest of the GB competitors you shouldn't have been there in the first place:(

CaribeCelt
06-08-2012, 12:19
Great day yesterday and Congratulations to Andy Murray who not only won both Gold and Silver medals , but sang the anthem and paraded the GB flag with pride!!:cheer::c2::respect:

The GB football team on the other hand were a great disappointment.

Several big names made a point of not singing the GB anthem and quite frankly if they weren't capable of endorsing the team spirit and loyalty to GB, should never have agreed to be in the team.

Yes, Ryan Giggs, Craig Bellamy, Aaron Ramsey....I'm referring to you!

I'm Welsh and quite honestly you disgusted me. I'm glad you're out of the competition cos unlike the rest of the GB competitors you shouldn't have been there in the first place:(

I can't see what the big fuss is about...Giggs doesn't even sing the Welsh anthem when he plays for Wales...as a Welshman maybe he doesn't know the words of "God Save The Queen".
Too many people place a big reverence on a piece of music,imo....I'm with Billy Connolly on this one...get a lively anthem like the Archers music and people will be bouncing around like mad:lol:

candy2411
06-08-2012, 12:51
You're right, maybe they didn't know the words..., but they could have just slightly moved their lips.

I think you're being too kind...I saw it as the statement it was.

CaribeCelt
06-08-2012, 13:10
You're right, maybe they didn't know the words..., but they could have just slightly moved their lips.

I think you're being too kind...I saw it as the statement it was.

Slightly move their lips and end up looking like that Tory that tried to pretend he knew the words of "Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau"?? :lol:
Better to do nothing imo.

Katie Taylor has just beaten Britain's Natasha Jonas by 26to 15.
Well done Katie...your a credit to Irish sport:c2:
Hard luck to Jonas,who is a great boxer,but Katie was a step too far for her.

murph
06-08-2012, 15:22
A Bronze medal for Beth Tweddle - Fantastic and well deserved , she now has full set.

An inspiration to Gymnasts everywhere. Living in Liverpool, we were lucky enough to meet her and my daughter attended the same Gym.

Well Done Beth!

Suej
06-08-2012, 15:49
Slightly move their lips and end up looking like that Tory that tried to pretend he knew the words of "Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau"?? :lol:
Better to do nothing imo.

Katie Taylor has just beaten Britain's Natasha Jonas by 26to 15.
Well done Katie...your a credit to Irish sport:c2:
Hard luck to Jonas,who is a great boxer,but Katie was a step too far for her.

I have to agree! just watched it and it was very convincing win by Katie! Blimey she's like a bloke! Well done to her and Ireland!!!:c2:

lesbroz
06-08-2012, 16:20
Equestrian....... can't say I have ever been interested before, but here we are again. GB in jump off for Gold medal.

Suej
06-08-2012, 16:24
Equestrian....... can't say I have ever been interested before, but here we are again. GB in jump off for Gold medal.

I hate Hockey but just might have to watch as much of the semis as I can tonight without keep wandering out to the kitchen for more chocolate!!! :D

lesbroz
06-08-2012, 16:53
Gold!!!!!!

garlicbread
06-08-2012, 16:54
respect to andy murray,he sang god save the queen and paraded the union flag with pride

Congratulations to Britain's Andy Murray for his gold medal yesterday.

Commiserations to Scotland's Andy Murray for his silver medal yesterday.;);)

Usain Bolt.....

The fastest man to run in London since John Terry heard Wayne Bridge's key in the front door.

lesbroz
06-08-2012, 18:21
And another!!!!

CaribeCelt
06-08-2012, 19:05
There was a fear that the Women's boxing might not get it's place at the Olympics in Brazil if the crowds weren't up near capacity.
No fear there then??the arena was packed out today for all the bouts.
The officials at the arena are saying they never heard nothing like it...here is a story from eurosport about the crowd today...The British and Irish fans were brilliant today:c2:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/londonspy/loudest-cheer-olympics-far-created-irish-female-boxer-163836554.html

AL JAY
07-08-2012, 13:40
GOLDFor Alistair Brownlee in the Triathlon and bronze for his brother Johnny after a 15 sec penalty,Gomez of Espana takes Silver!

Vortex Wake
07-08-2012, 14:27
Looks like Spain have got their first gold at Weymouth and Portland :)

CaribeCelt
07-08-2012, 21:24
Ireland are guaranteed another medal in the boxing.
Belfast's Michael Conlon beat France's Ooubali.
Well done Mickey boy:c2:

nurse ratchet
07-08-2012, 22:22
Looks like Spain have got their first gold at Weymouth and Portland :)

Yea well done to my adopted country, Olympics sailing: Marina Alabau Neira wins windsurf gold for Spain.

Mind you Spain still have less gold medals than Yorkshire ;);)

Margaretta
07-08-2012, 22:29
Learning new words: gurney bike, repercharge???? kieran...... not sure how they are spelt but very interesting.

Sulky Russian girl in gymnastics.
Awesome everything. What on earth will we do when it's all over? Gaze at Mars and wait for the Paralympics I expect. No idea what's happened in Corrie or Eastenders and missed the Antiques Roadshow. But....it's brill!!!

AL JAY
07-08-2012, 22:54
An amazing statistic came up today, Alistair Brownlee's 10K run in the Triathlon was only 1m 23secs slower than Mo Farah's win!
Considering he had to swim 1500 mtrs and do a 43 km bike race first! *doffs cap*

CaribeCelt
08-08-2012, 11:14
For anyone interested,Katie Taylor's semi-final bout is at 1.30 today.

Katie Taylor is into the Olympic final.
Katie showed her experience and class to beat a tricky fighter from one of the "Stans" which I cannot spell:laugh:
She beat her by 17 to 9.
Well done Katie:c2:...onwards to gold!!

lesbroz
08-08-2012, 14:21
Katie Taylor wins bout!!!

tracy hampshire
08-08-2012, 14:30
a great effort in the first round of the individual showjumping from our boys, next round at 14,55, good luck to them .

carpenter
08-08-2012, 14:31
Chris Brown is going for gold in the Inter-gender boxing later today :laugh:

CaribeCelt
09-08-2012, 11:49
Paddy Barnes guarantees Ireland another medal at the boxing.
He won his bout against an Indian 23 to 17.

Suej
09-08-2012, 16:28
CHARLOTTE DUJARDIN just won gold in Dressage! OMG gave me goosebumps watching! Those horses are just so beautiful!!!! and Laura BECHTOLSHEIMER won Bronze!!! :jumping:

primrose
09-08-2012, 16:38
CHARLOTTE DUJARDIN just won gold in Dressage! OMG gave me goosebumps watching! Those horses are just so beautiful!!!! and Laura BECHTOLSHEIMER won Bronze!!! :jumping:

Gave me goosebumps too, what fantastic music Charlotte Dujardin chose. Well done to both.:mexicanwave::cheer:

AL JAY
09-08-2012, 16:53
GOLD And Olympic history as Nicola Adams wins Boxing title against the World Champion from China!!!

GOLDFor Ireland's World Champion Boxer Katie Taylor in a tense bout versus the Russian champion!

anegib
09-08-2012, 17:16
Must admit I was filling up watching those beautiful, obedient horses.

Suej
09-08-2012, 17:59
Gave me goosebumps too, what fantastic music Charlotte Dujardin chose. Well done to both.:mexicanwave::cheer:

Got a tear in my eye too! did you?:crazy:

primrose
09-08-2012, 18:11
Got a tear in my eye too! did you?:crazy:

More than one tear, when they played I Vow To Thee My Country.

CaribeCelt
09-08-2012, 22:50
Just got in from watching our Katie.
Katie's opponent was a tough wee nut and was definetley her hardest opponent of the Olympics.
One thing is for sure...Katie is going to be a superstar now.
Well done Katie...you are a credit to Ireland.

AL JAY
09-08-2012, 23:45
GOLD For Jade Jones of Flint in Wales!!! Taekwondo beating 2 world champs in the process!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LFxK003nlA

Shugstar63
10-08-2012, 09:10
Now an avid fan of women's boxing, I was extremely impressed by GB's Gold Medal winner Nicola Adams....what a little whirlwind she is.
Katie Taylor Gold medal winner for Ireland did great also....tough bout that one, but well deserved.
Well done both ladies !!!

Margaretta
10-08-2012, 12:00
Aren't they all wonderful young people and they speak with such charm and enthusiasm. Loving every moment, even sports I've not been aware of before. What an inspiration to children everywhere. Seeing Usain Bolt....bolt again was amazing. I loved the clowning afterwards and the coolness before. He went up another gear when the brilliant Blake nearly caught up.

What will happen to the athletes now? Many will carry on for Rio, some become teachers and commentators. We are so lucky to have them. Most concerned for Bolt. He has everything and a coterie of friends around him. Not always a good thing as look what happened to MJ and Elvis. Ultimately their 'friends' protected their bad habits because the 'big man' has it all. I hope Mr. Bolt goes home to his Jamaican mum who will keep him focussed until he finds a nice wife and has a hoard of little runners. He is fun and would be a great sports teacher but sadly, financially he may never have to do that.
Good luck to our sailors today.

Suej
10-08-2012, 12:50
Aren't they all wonderful young people and they speak with such charm and enthusiasm. Loving every moment, even sports I've not been aware of before. What an inspiration to children everywhere. Seeing Usain Bolt....bolt again was amazing. I loved the clowning afterwards and the coolness before. He went up another gear when the brilliant Blake nearly caught up.

What will happen to the athletes now? Many will carry on for Rio, some become teachers and commentators. We are so lucky to have them. Most concerned for Bolt. He has everything and a coterie of friends around him. Not always a good thing as look what happened to MJ and Elvis. Ultimately their 'friends' protected their bad habits because the 'big man' has it all. I hope Mr. Bolt goes home to his Jamaican mum who will keep him focussed until he finds a nice wife and has a hoard of little runners. He is fun and would be a great sports teacher but sadly, financially he may never have to do that.
Good luck to our sailors today.
Aussie's beat us! we got Silver!:spin:

Malteser Monkey
10-08-2012, 12:55
GOLD For Jade Jones of Flint in Wales!!! Taekwondo beating 2 world champs in the process!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LFxK003nlA

Dai iawn diolch

she was great - well done that girl :c2:

AL JAY
11-08-2012, 19:56
GOLD... Again for super Mo Farah! 5000 metres!

CaribeCelt
11-08-2012, 21:13
Well done to the young British boxer Campell who beat J.J Nevin for Olympic gold.
Two great boxers who put on a great contest.:c2:

jolfc
12-08-2012, 06:13
well done mobot, double olympic champion, :jumping:
also i am so pleased for tom daley on his bronze, he has had a very hard year, but looked so happy to have won the bronze. :jumping:
the chinese diver was heartbroken at silver, but you would think he would be happy at winning a medal. the competition was so high it was brilliant.
last day of olympics today, i dont know what i shall do when i get home for evening entertainment, back to soapland i suppose, :laugh:
i think bbc have done a fantastic job on the coverage, i just wish when athletes had lost they would give them chance to get over it before interviewing them when they were clearly upset.
at least the new footie season is only a stones throw away.

garlicbread
12-08-2012, 10:56
Blair lays claim to Olympic success through investment in sport

Yes the smarmy pillock claimed he was responsible for all the success on the Andrew Marr show this morning. Of course, he failed to mention that him and his lot were responsible for the financial ****e the country is in now.
Should put him on a slow boat to Rio.

Suej
12-08-2012, 11:29
If anyone should come across a link where I can watch Charlotte Dujardin performance to win Gold in dressage (dancing horses) please let me know I couldn't find it on You tube and want to send it to a friend that missed it! I want to watch it again myself too!:wink:

Joshua has just won Gold for Boxing but the Italians have appealed against it!

PS. The decision was upheld and the Italians didn't do themselves any favours as it was established that Joshua won by a bigger margin than first decided! :laugh:

Balcony
12-08-2012, 16:57
A few short weeks ago I was totally not looking forward to the Olympics. Now it's Sunday, final day. I should be happy coz I can stop crying! So many beautiful moments.

I was so surprised and was mesmerised most days! I used to race and was totally engrossed with the cycling. Gymnastic great. Athletics fantastic. Medals for GB amazing.

Suej
12-08-2012, 19:00
Last British medal of the Olympics to Samantha Murray Womens pentathlon! AWWWW it's all over!:cry:

DIDN'T WE DO WELL!!!!!!:mexicanwave2::mexicanwave2::mexicanwave 2:

primrose
12-08-2012, 19:39
Last British medal of the Olympics to Samantha Murray Womens pentathlon! AWWWW it's all over!:cry:

DIDN'T WE DO WELL!!!!!!:mexicanwave2::mexicanwave2::mexicanwave 2:

Only the closing ceremony and then I can finally get off this chair.Well done to Samantha Murry a member of Blackburn Harriers Athletics Club.:mexicanwave::lots-jumping:

lesbroz
12-08-2012, 19:45
Come on 9 O,clock. So excited to see the closing ceremony even if it is only half as good as the Opener!!

murph
13-08-2012, 00:31
Best Olympics Ever! Even the the disgraceful scaremongering British press couldn't spoil it! All the scare mongering? terrorists, security, no-one going to turn up! etc etc

garlicbread
13-08-2012, 00:32
the final medal table

What went wrong with Spain then?

KirstyJay
13-08-2012, 00:44
Missed the first 20 mins of the closing ceremony, so Ill have to watch it on iPlayer tomorrow, but it was fantastic! Excellent music, great effects... Excellent!!!

AL JAY
13-08-2012, 01:06
The whole London 2012 Olympic games far far exceded my expectations,i can't believe i was edge of my seat watching Clay pigeon shooting and White water canoeing! From the Velodrome to the Rowing i was completely hooked before the Athletics even started. Fair play to all the magnificent volunteers at all the venues! The crowds also helped to make it the best Olympic Games ever! Thanks London you done us proud!

Vortex Wake
13-08-2012, 08:03
A truly fantastic 16 days :)

The technical presentation was brilliant (even if the Olympic Broadcasting Service had a few critics )with the remote control cameras on the sailing boats , the micro cameras on the road bikes and the woman steady cam operator riding a Segway in the stadium .

Well done Coe & Co. for all the hard work.

jolfc
13-08-2012, 08:50
i have loved every minute of the games, i watched sports that i did not know existed. loved how the bbc did a little information clip on each one of the lesser known so you understood what it was about.london delivered. congratulations to everyone involved.
i even loved the closing ceramony ( except for queen being butchered by jessie j )
is there going to be an open top parade through london with team gbs athletes?
good to see the premier league footballers are their normal arguementative selves with the referee as i caught some of the community shield game yesterday, they could take a leaf out of the book of all the athletes that participated.
:c2: a round of applause for all involved in london 2012.

canary boy
13-08-2012, 09:03
Yeah its all a bit depressing this morning, Although have got tickets for paralympics:jumping::jumping:

Shugstar63
13-08-2012, 09:22
Not for me Canary Boy......sky +ed all yesterday's events and closing ceremony.....going to watch it with a few riojas !
Too bright for my own good............:c2:

garlicbread
13-08-2012, 10:13
all the stats are here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/datablog/2012/aug/06/team-gb-medal-winners-background

never read the Gruniad (no that's not a typo!) but this is different

Great job LOCOG
Great job OLYMPIC BROADCASTING
Great job ALL the athletes
Great job the BBC
Great job ALL THE VOLUNTEERS!!

Malteser Monkey
13-08-2012, 10:26
Brilliant the whole thing ! Right from being out on the street watching the torch go by to the closing ceremony.

Thought Queen would have been better with George Michael on vocal

Thought Jessie was great with Tiny and the other fellow (name escapes me now)

Anyone notice not one close up on Posh Spice ?

and What happened to Lancashire finishing 11th GB ?:cheeky:

garlicbread
13-08-2012, 10:27
RIO 2016 only 1,459 days to go

...........and some are already in training

golf birdie
13-08-2012, 10:58
should of just said ''thank you'' handed the flag over and turned off the lights. Never enjoyed the CC at all. The best parts were screens showing the artists who were dead or not there. Too many of the ones picked never had the voice to entertain a stadium.

All in all if the CC was the only part I never liked in over two weeks its a job well done and Britain should be proud of itself. FIFA must be kicking themself for not picking England for the world cup in 2018.

Suej
13-08-2012, 11:19
should of just said ''thank you'' handed the flag over and turned off the lights. Never enjoyed the CC at all. The best parts were screens showing the artists who were dead or not there. Too many of the ones picked never had the voice to entertain a stadium.

All in all if the CC was the only part I never liked in over two weeks its a job well done and Britain should be proud of itself. FIFA must be kicking themself for not picking England for the world cup in 2018.

I thought the sound system had gone wrong! Could hardly hear Annie Lennox at all!

Malteser Monkey
13-08-2012, 11:22
I thought the sound system had gone wrong! Could hardly hear Annie Lennox at all!

think it had hun......

Suej
13-08-2012, 11:31
Another question! Why were the public addressed in French first and then English? I'm sure it would have been explained but I obviously missed it!???

think it had hun......

So I don't need a hearing aid yet Monkey? Phew that's a relief!:wink:

I wasn't sure it was Posh at all! I thought it was very brave of Gary Barlow to appear after his personal tragedy! enjoyed Take that! and George Michael! :jumping:

Malteser Monkey
13-08-2012, 11:35
Another question! Why were the public addressed in French first and then English? I'm sure it would have been explained but I obviously missed it!???

I don't know I said the same ! Daft question but why French ? Surely (not shirley) it should have been Spanish ?

anyone help ?

garlicbread
13-08-2012, 11:59
I don't know I said the same ! Daft question but why French ? Surely (not shirley) it should have been Spanish ?

anyone help ?

think it had hun......

The IOC (International Olympic Committee) was founded by Pierre de Fredy, a Frenchman. French is the official language of the IOC.

ps for MM I ran out of paper when I was compiling the medal list;)

golf birdie
13-08-2012, 12:01

:

its the olympic language.

Malteser Monkey
13-08-2012, 12:03
The IOC (International Olympic Committee) was founded by Pierre de Fredy, a Frenchman. French is the official language of the IOC.

ps for MM I ran out of paper when I was compiling the medal list;)

Ahhh there we go - so it wasn't founded by a Yorkshire man then ? Otherwise it would have been "by Eck" an all that:cheeky:

garlicbread
13-08-2012, 12:12
Ahhh there we go - so it wasn't founded by a Yorkshire man then ? Otherwise it would have been "by Eck" an all that:cheeky:

eee bye gum , it would that

oh and in the interests of fairness Lancashire had only 3 medals and Wales 6:respect:

Suej
13-08-2012, 12:17
Thanks! I knew there had to be a reason! for the Francais!:wink:

Malteser Monkey
13-08-2012, 12:19
eee bye gum , it would that

oh and in the interests of fairness Lancashire had only 3 medals and Wales 6:respect:

Mother's a Lancashire lass - foot of our sturs etc... Wales had 6 did they

How many did the Londoners get?

garlicbread
13-08-2012, 13:24
Mother's a Lancashire lass - foot of our sturs etc... Wales had 6 did they

How many did the Londoners get?

as I said in post #200 it's all here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/datablog/2012/aug/06/team-gb-medal-winners-background

Suej
13-08-2012, 13:26

Looks like London takes it!:c2:

Malteser Monkey
13-08-2012, 13:42

Ahh so really it's all Gawd Blimey, luv a duck:cheeky:

Thanks GB

Suej
13-08-2012, 14:45
Ahh so really it's all Gawd Blimey, luv a duck:cheeky:

Thanks GB

One would only expect it of One's capital city don't you know!:neener:

Malteser Monkey
13-08-2012, 14:49
One would only expect it of One's capital city don't you know!:neener:

Que ?:cheeky:

Suej
13-08-2012, 18:03
I see an Athlete from Belarus got stripped of her gold medal after she proved positive to a drugs test! So the athlete who now gets upgraded to gold has been robbed of her moment of standing on the Podium! what a shame! I know it wouldn't be possible but if I had my way I would test all medalists to make certain it was 100% fair! :soapbox: