PDA

View Full Version : Omagh man dies while scuba diving in Tenerife

admin
27-07-2012, 20:40
AN Omagh man has died during a holiday in Tenerife, after he reportedly suffered a heart attack while scuba diving.

Jozsef Orsos (50), originally from Hungary but who had been living locally for the past three years, had been diving off the coast of Los Cristianos last week when the cardiac arrest struck.

When the alarm was raised, he was lifted unconscious from the water by life guards at the nearby beach, the Playa de Las Vistas just after 1.30pm.

However subsequent efforts to revive the stricken diver were in vain. Local and national police and an ambulance attended the scene but paramedics pronounced Mr Orsos dead at the beach.

“It was a big shock to everyone,” remarked Mr Orsos’s former employer in Omagh, Colm MacRory from Spires Art.

http://www.ulsterherald.com/2012/07/26/omagh-man-dies-while-scuba-diving-in-tenerife/

offshore diver
30-07-2012, 13:28
I think its about time they introduce yearly diving medicals for scuba divers as is the case with commercial divers that way the lungs and cardio check etc wil ensure fitness to dive especially for divers over 40 years old

carpenter
30-07-2012, 14:55
I remember my old lodger, she was so strict with her alcohol intake. She never drank 24hrs pre or post dive nor would she let anyone dive with her if she knew that they had not abstained.

There was another diving death on Friday 13th of this month when a publican died in the same area (los cris) and everyone knew that he drank the night before the dive the same as every other night of his life.

Medicals are a good thing but also more stringent checks by scuba clubs before these holiday dives are necessary.