PDA

View Full Version : Why do I not get notifications for two threads I subscribe to?

willo-the-wisp
29-07-2012, 12:22
Why do I not get notifications for 'Let's write a limerick' and 'Three Words'? I subscribe to both. There is no way to enable this in settings that I can see.

sunspot
29-07-2012, 12:29
im trying to disable the notifications they are a pain,keep thinking its private messages

primrose
29-07-2012, 12:49
I have been trying for months to get rid of the emails notifying me about drop one add one thread and no way can i do it, I have done everything is tells you to do, they disappear for a couple of days then come back again.What use are they?

chifleta
29-07-2012, 14:39
it seems to have all gone strange the last few weeks, I'm not getting email notifications on everything that I post on like I used to, so now miss some of the comments, but it's coming up on my profile instead, which I don't want... prefer an email, read it, delete if I don't want to reply, click on the link then delete if I do want to reply..... hmmmmmm hope this doesn't end up like facebook, you just about learn how it all works, then they change the rules just to confunctions us :spin:

willo-the-wisp
29-07-2012, 19:41
If you are getting notifications you don't want, can I suggest (don't know if it will work but worth a try). Click 'settings' top right hand side, then general settings (left hand side), then under 'messaging & notifications' then 'Default thread subscription mode' click the arrow and choose 'Do not subscribe' in the drop down menu. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'save changes'. Please let me know if this works.

chifleta
29-07-2012, 20:33
If you are getting notifications you don't want, can I suggest (don't know if it will work but worth a try). Click 'settings' top right hand side, then general settings (left hand side), then under 'messaging & notifications' then 'Default thread subscription mode' click the arrow and choose 'Do not subscribe' in the drop down menu. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'save changes'. Please let me know if this works.

thanks for that... i've got this option "When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread." set as automatically receive email, but i'm not getting all replies or added comments sent... is that the norm, that you may get an email notification for 1 or 2 of the replies, but not all of them?

oops changed settings to hybrid to see what that was about.... me no likey, gonna change it back now LOL

willo-the-wisp
29-07-2012, 21:05
I'm going to try something else, click on quick links and chose 'subscribed threads' a list of all the threads you are subscribed to will appear' most of mine are marked 'instant' except the two I previously mentioned. So I've ticked them and then scrolled down and selected selected threads and then chosen 'instantly using email'.................Doesn't work!

chifleta
29-07-2012, 21:18
I'm going to try something else, click on quick links and chose 'subscribed threads' a list of all the threads you are subscribed to will appear' most of mine are marked 'instant' except the two I previously mentioned. So I've ticked them and then scrolled down and selected selected threads and then chosen 'instantly using email'.................Doesn't work!

Are you saying you tried what you said and it doesn't work?

There are a lot on my list that says "none" ... does the forum programme automatically decide which threads you get email replies from then? .... I can't be bothered to go in and change the settings every single time I comment on something, you'd presume it just does it automatically... which it did initially, it seems only the last few weeks that it's changed....

willo-the-wisp
30-07-2012, 06:50
Are you saying you tried what you said and it doesn't work?

There are a lot on my list that says "none" ... does the forum programme automatically decide which threads you get email replies from then? .... I can't be bothered to go in and change the settings every single time I comment on something, you'd presume it just does it automatically... which it did initially, it seems only the last few weeks that it's changed....

Yes I tried what I said and it doesn't work, there is no button I can see that says 'save settings'. I don't know who decides things on here Chifleta could be the man from 'Uncle' lol. It's a pain having to do a 'Live search' every time you want to answer a thread you are subscribed to. Hope you get things sorted soon.

chifleta
30-07-2012, 12:55
Yes I tried what I said and it doesn't work, there is no button I can see that says 'save settings'. I don't know who decides things on here Chifleta could be the man from 'Uncle' lol. It's a pain having to do a 'Live search' every time you want to answer a thread you are subscribed to. Hope you get things sorted soon.

thanks anyways, I actually thought you were one of the admins hahahaha :spin::laugh:

willo-the-wisp
31-07-2012, 07:09
thanks anyways, I actually thought you were one of the admins hahahaha :spin::laugh:

:idea: Is it a paid job? lol!!! :laugh::crazy::wink:

chifleta
31-07-2012, 12:37

ohhh good question, maybe we should post our CVs LOL i'm unemployed :)

KirstyJay
31-07-2012, 13:50

ohhh good question, maybe we should post our CVs LOL i'm unemployed :)

I wish!!! I'd be rich by now. :rolleyes:

chifleta
31-07-2012, 14:07
I wish!!! I'd be rich by now. :rolleyes:

I think that answered our question hahahaha :)

BobMac
31-07-2012, 14:11
When you are in the thread, if you select "Thread Tools" from the menu, there is an option to "Subscribe to This Thread" which allows you to select how you are informed of any action on the thread.

KirstyJay
31-07-2012, 14:46
Here's the info on subscriptions in the FAQ.

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=subscriptions&titleandtext=0&match=all

I think that answered our question hahahaha :)

If you want to get paid and help the forum, then why not check out this thread (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?16934-Advertising-Sales-Staff-wanted) ;)

chifleta
31-07-2012, 14:56
If you want to get paid and help the forum, then why not check out this thread (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?16934-Advertising-Sales-Staff-wanted) ;)

noooooo I was only joking hahahaha :) too busy being a housewifey and weight loss freak for the moment... and definately wouldn't do sales, been there, done that, I was cr*p at it... give me a big pile of paperwork to sort out and i'm happy as Larry ...

willo-the-wisp
31-07-2012, 19:22
When you are in the thread, if you select "Thread Tools" from the menu, there is an option to "Subscribe to This Thread" which allows you to select how you are informed of any action on the thread.

When I select 'Thread Tools' when I am in a thread, I get 'unsubscribe from this thread'

Here's the info on subscriptions in the FAQ.

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=subscriptions&titleandtext=0&match=all

Where do I fine the 'Forum Tools' please? When I look at my subscribed threads all are marked 'instant', bar 'Three Words' and 'Let's write a limerick' which are marked 'none', how do I get them marked 'instant' please?

KirstyJay
31-07-2012, 19:51
When I select 'Thread Tools' when I am in a thread, I get 'unsubscribe from this thread'Then you are already subscribed. You need to go into your profile and check the TYPE of subscription. If you have chosen to not receive emails for a particular subscription, then you won't receive emails. You'll have to change it manually in your userCP, as it instructs in the FAQ I posted for you.

Where do I fine the 'Forum Tools' please? When I look at my subscribed threads all are marked 'instant', bar 'Three Words' and 'Let's write a limerick' which are marked 'none', how do I get them marked 'instant' please?You find 'forum tools' in the same place as 'thread tools', but on the forums, not in the threads.

willo-the-wisp
01-08-2012, 18:18
Yippeee problem now solved I followed instructions and I am now getting the missing notifications thank you KJ!

KirstyJay
02-08-2012, 17:37
Great news :) For future reference, the FAQ contains full instruction for virtually everything on the forum and it's searchable too.

I have put a link to it on the main menu now, so it's easier to find. :)

willo-the-wisp
24-08-2012, 19:24
Once more I am not receiving notifications by email of any new posts. I haven't changed any settings.:(

willo-the-wisp
25-08-2012, 10:08
I am no longer receiving emails for new posts in threads I am subscribed to. I've checked my settings, then subscriptions, all are marked instant, I've tried ticking them all and choosing 'instant by email' but it keeps changing to 'move to folder'. I have not changed my settings to account for the missing emails.:(

chifleta
25-08-2012, 16:41
someone tried to explain this on another thread the other week, but i just find the weather too hot to try and understand it all..... it's like facebook, just when you get used to something, some bright spark decides to change how it works to throw us all :crazy:

KirstyJay
25-08-2012, 17:41
someone tried to explain this on another thread the other week, but i just find the weather too hot to try and understand it all..... it's like facebook, just when you get used to something, some bright spark decides to change how it works to throw us all :crazy:Nothing at all has been modified on the forum. Have you checked your spam filter?

chifleta
25-08-2012, 18:08
nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh can't be bothered, if I miss something exciting, oh well, such is life LOL it was fine when I initially registered with the forum, but something has changed over the last month, and it's not due to me changing my settings :) ... e.g. the notifications are now in a red box at top of page, and I didn't do that LOL

KirstyJay
25-08-2012, 18:35
e.g. the notifications are now in a red box at top of page, and I didn't do that LOL
But those are additional notifications. They are the mentions addon, that means you get notified for metions and quotes. They have nothing to do with subscriptions, and since no one has had any problems with subscription since they were installed, it's not them causing any problems.

The subscriptions, in fact, nothing else, has been changed or even adjusted, and if it only one member that's having the problem, it's either a personal settings issue, or an issue with the user's mail settings as far as I can see... otherwise no members would be getting any mails :)

willo-the-wisp
25-08-2012, 19:02
Nothing at all has been modified on the forum. Have you checked your spam filter?

Where do I find the spam filter? I've checked WLM and no spam. Why have I not had this problem before?, someone has changed the settings and it is not me.

KirstyJay
25-08-2012, 19:06
No one has changed any settings on the forum. I have no idea what WLM is. I don't know why you've not had this problem before, as we've not adjusted anything.

willo-the-wisp
25-08-2012, 19:12
No one has changed any settings on the forum. I have no idea what WLM is. I don't know why you've not had this problem before, as we've not adjusted anything.

Windows Live Mail WLM is my email client. I prefer not to use web mail. I was getting notifications from TF without any problems up until Thursday.

chifleta
25-08-2012, 20:03
it's actually two of us by the looks of it (me and willow the wisp), but until I can be bothered to go and have a proper look at the settings (like I said, I haven't changed anything) and see what obviously needs tweeking, I hate all this changing settings etc, hence I never actually touched them until my post further up on the merged thread... and then I gave up LOL I need to be in the right mood to faff about....

kingbaker
26-08-2012, 18:33
it's actually two of us by the looks of it (me and willow the wisp), but until I can be bothered to go and have a proper look at the settings (like I said, I haven't changed anything) and see what obviously needs tweeking, I hate all this changing settings etc, hence I never actually touched them until my post further up on the merged thread... and then I gave up LOL I need to be in the right mood to faff about....

This seems to be contagious, as I'm not gettin' any email notifications either...................:confused::hello:

Seemed to stop when I became a MEGA TENERIFIAN:lol:

willo-the-wisp
26-08-2012, 19:04
This seems to be contagious, as I'm not gettin' any email notifications either...................:confused::hello:

Glad I'm not the only one. I've followed all previous instructions and nothing works.

kingbaker
28-08-2012, 18:48
Hi My email notifications have stopped lately and when I check out my settings they seem to be ok!!, but still no email notifications

Anyone else got this problem??????

HELP!!!!!! :confused:

willo-the-wisp
28-08-2012, 19:36
I've checked all my settings this end and nothing is amiss. I have rechecked my subscribed threads and although I keep marking them 'instantly, by email' they keep reverting back to 'move to folder'. I think the problem lies with TF. Is there no one in Admin or Or Mods who can fix this problem?

chifleta
28-08-2012, 20:11
I've checked all my settings this end and nothing is amiss. I have rechecked my subscribed threads and although I keep marking them 'instantly, by email' they keep reverting back to 'move to folder'. I think the problem lies with TF. Is there no one in Admin or Or Mods who can fix this problem?

after the first try to see what was wrong I got bored... i'll wait till you fathom it, then you can let me know hehehehe :goodluck::thanx:

chifleta
28-08-2012, 20:17
i'm sorry, but i'm chortling..... I can feel a thread merge coming upon you hahahaha .... too funny .... so now i'll wait till you and willow get the right answer, then i'll follow your instructions thankyouverymuchly :dontknow::goodluck:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

hmmmm I wonder if you'll get an email noticification with my reply LOL

kingbaker
28-08-2012, 23:09
i'm sorry, but i'm chortling..... I can feel a thread merge coming upon you hahahaha .... too funny .... so now i'll wait till you and willow get the right answer, then i'll follow your instructions thankyouverymuchly :dontknow::goodluck:

hmmmm I wonder if you'll get an email noticification with my reply LOL

Lazy sod..............and I'm still a Super. How did you sort out the MEGA?:hello:

slodgedad
28-08-2012, 23:22
I've checked your settings and all is OK this end

chifleta
29-08-2012, 16:28
Lazy sod..............and I'm still a Super. How did you sort out the MEGA?:hello:

Lazy? or just clever? hehehehe..... what can I say about the MEGA status.... ummmm :neener:

i didn't get an email notification for any comments on this thread by the way LOL did you KB?

slodgedad
29-08-2012, 16:53
As I have said before, your settings are fine at this end so there is nothing more I can do

kingbaker
29-08-2012, 23:08
I've checked your settings and all is OK this end

Thanks Slodgedad I have checked mine and the email notification box was ticked, but obviously I've missed something.....will try again.:hello:

willo-the-wisp
30-08-2012, 08:54
Well I've tried something different. I unsubscribed from all threads, then subscribed to only 6 threads (individually). I still cannot get the notifications to change from 'move to folder' to 'instantly by email'. I am told there is nothing wrong with my settings on here, but there must be. Strangely I did receive a duplicate email from the forum this morning re adverts. Have also added TF to my safe senders list.

To recap, I don't get email notifications for any threads I am subscribed to on here. I am a member of several forums, and this is the only one I have problems with.

chifleta
30-08-2012, 14:56
Hope you get things sorted soon. ok,after I said that I won't bother until one of you lot sorted yours first hehehe i've just been into my settings, and click select all and clicked on instant email... so we'll see (not holding breath) ... but again to question AGAIN (though I will read through the rest of this AGAIN... how come some of the subscribed threads say "NONE" basically not giving you an option to recieve any type of notification... I know i've been out of work for a couple or 3 years, but surely i'm not THAT brain dead, I mean I did help manage a busy office during 13 years over here, which was no mean feat I can tell you .... below I have copied and pasted from my Subscriptions bit in my account a couple of examples:

example 1:
Question Why do I not get notifications for two threads I subscribe to?
Started by willo-the-wisp, 29-07-2012 12:22

1 2

email, failure, longer, notices, notifications, posts, receiving, subscribe, threads

willo-the-wisp
Today, 08:54 Go to last post

None <<<<<<< LOOK HERE ADMIN

example 2:

Go to first new post For sale : Unwanted gift
Started by Vortex Wake, 21-08-2012 22:04

1 2 3

gift, sale, unwanted

Malteser Monkey
Today, 12:37 Go to last post

Instant <<<<< SEE HERE ADMIN ... and I don't get any email notifications for hardly ANYTHING.... just saying... not a problem with current threads that are still on the leaderboard, so to speak, but if anyone asks or comments on an older thread that i'm subscribed to, well i'm not getting emails, full stop..... and I don't join in with the "what music are you listening to" ones because I didn't want hundreds of emails ... go figure :crazy:

Yippeee problem now solved I followed instructions and I am now getting the missing notifications thank you KJ!

only just seen this comment, so obviously i hadn't done it right either YET grrrrrr

Nothing at all has been modified on the forum. Have you checked your spam filter?

just re-read this! do you mean my spam filter on my emails? if so, then yes, I look in spam mail every single day and nothing from the forum has ever gone in there ... I've tried to find the forum tools, but can't quite find it LOL ... ok i'm still reading through the rest of this, as, like I said, I've not recieved any email noticifactions recently, so having to read the whole lot LOL i'll probably find the answer/solution two posts down :-D

ahhhh could that be the answer? maybe they don't want us to post so much drivel? PMSL :lol::lol::doh::lol:

well, funnily enough, the only conclusion I can see that may be the problem is when someone becomes a MEGA, like KB says.... so maybe we're so MEGA, we can just use our psychic powers to know when there has been a new post hahahahahaha......

I think i'll do a test.... I won't post or reply or even go into the Forum unless I recieve an email notification ... so goodbye forever .............

hahaha ok, maybe not forever, my curtain twitching gets the better of me, but i'm going to give it a week as now :) chow chaps and chapesses ....

OH NOOOO, i've got no excuse not to do housework now :bottomline:

kingbaker
30-08-2012, 18:22
ok,after I said that I won't bother until one of you lot sorted yours first hehehe i've just been into my settings, and click select all and clicked on instant email... so we'll see (not holding breath) ... but again to question AGAIN (though I will read through the rest of this AGAIN... how come some of the subscribed threads say "NONE" basically not giving you an option to recieve any type of notification... I know i've been out of work for a couple or 3 years, but surely i'm not THAT brain dead, I mean I did help manage a busy office during 13 years over here, which was no mean feat I can tell you .... below I have copied and pasted from my Subscriptions bit in my account a couple of examples:

example 1:
Question Why do I not get notifications for two threads I subscribe to?
Started by willo-the-wisp, 29-07-2012 12:22

1 2

email, failure, longer, notices, notifications, posts, receiving, subscribe, threads

willo-the-wisp
Today, 08:54 Go to last post

None <<<<<<< LOOK HERE ADMIN

example 2:

Go to first new post For sale : Unwanted gift
Started by Vortex Wake, 21-08-2012 22:04

1 2 3

gift, sale, unwanted

Malteser Monkey
Today, 12:37 Go to last post

Instant <<<<< SEE HERE ADMIN ... and I don't get any email notifications for hardly ANYTHING.... just saying... not a problem with current threads that are still on the leaderboard, so to speak, but if anyone asks or comments on an older thread that i'm subscribed to, well i'm not getting emails, full stop..... and I don't join in with the "what music are you listening to" ones because I didn't want hundreds of emails ... go figure :crazy:

only just seen this comment, so obviously i hadn't done it right either YET grrrrrr

just re-read this! do you mean my spam filter on my emails? if so, then yes, I look in spam mail every single day and nothing from the forum has ever gone in there ... I've tried to find the forum tools, but can't quite find it LOL ... ok i'm still reading through the rest of this, as, like I said, I've not recieved any email noticifactions recently, so having to read the whole lot LOL i'll probably find the answer/solution two posts down :-D

ahhhh could that be the answer? maybe they don't want us to post so much drivel? PMSL :lol::lol::doh::lol:

well, funnily enough, the only conclusion I can see that may be the problem is when someone becomes a MEGA, like KB says.... so maybe we're so MEGA, we can just use our psychic powers to know when there has been a new post hahahahahaha......

I think i'll do a test.... I won't post or reply or even go into the Forum unless I recieve an email notification ... so goodbye forever .............

hahaha ok, maybe not forever, my curtain twitching gets the better of me, but i'm going to give it a week as now :) chow chaps and chapesses ....

OH NOOOO, i've got no excuse not to do housework now :bottomline:

I've just got 1 notification and it's a few days old. It wasn't there earlier. I think the TF is gettin' my postman to deliver the notifications,

as my mail only arrived at 4.30 this afternoon. The thick plottens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

chifleta
30-08-2012, 18:30
I've just got 1 notification and it's a few days old. It wasn't there earlier. I think the TF is gettin' my postman to deliver the notifications,

as my mail only arrived at 4.30 this afternoon. The thick plottens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

see my last comment that i've just posted on the "positive thought for the day" thread :-D LOL .... ooops I shouldn't be replying to this one, as I didn't get an immediate email notification, just the red box at the top of the page LOL i've cheated on my own quest again HAHAHAHA

kingbaker
30-08-2012, 19:16
see my last comment that i've just posted on the "positive thought for the day" thread :-D LOL .... ooops I shouldn't be replying to this one, as I didn't get an immediate email notification, just the red box at the top of the page LOL i've cheated on my own quest again HAHAHAHA

My notification comes from the 24th ................positive thought for the day...........you goin' all religious on us?

I don't think prayer will fix us at this stage. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

willo-the-wisp
30-08-2012, 19:20
Strangely (happily) I am once again receiving email notifications of the threads I am subscribed to on TF. I have checked my settings on here and none have changed, similarly I haven't changed any settings on my email client WLM. It's a mystery! ???:dontknow: But the 64 thousand dollar question is 'How long will it stay this way?'

chifleta
31-08-2012, 13:49
you goin' all religious on us? :

god forbid LOL .... i'm getting notifications now on certain threads ... hmmmmm

But the 64 thousand dollar question is 'How long will it stay this way?'

or "how long before we get fed up of recieving 64 thousand email notifications? :neener::neener::neener::neener::neener:

But those are additional notifications. They are the mentions addon, that means you get notified for metions and quotes. They have nothing to do with subscriptions, and since no one has had any problems with subscription since they were installed, it's not them causing any problems.

The subscriptions, in fact, nothing else, has been changed or even adjusted, and if it only one member that's having the problem, it's either a personal settings issue, or an issue with the user's mail settings as far as I can see... otherwise no members would be getting any mails :)

Just to let you know, it looks like the email notifications are all filtering through together (that was a shock looking in my inbox this morning LOL), so there was definately a blip somewhere, and it affected more than one of us.... anyhoo, i'm getting notifications today for posts/replies (like your one here) that were posted 5 to 7 days ago..... strange huh?

:-D

mike in chayofa
31-08-2012, 17:06

Just to let you know, it looks like the email notifications are all filtering through together (that was a shock looking in my inbox this morning LOL), so there was definately a blip somewhere, and it affected more than one of us.... anyhoo, i'm getting notifications today for posts/replies (like your one here) that were posted 5 to 7 days ago..... strange huh?

I can't quite understand this. Nothing has been changed at this end - admin is not around at the moment.

Pleased to hear that things are OK now

chifleta
31-08-2012, 18:22
I can't quite understand this. Nothing has been changed at this end - admin is not around at the moment.

we couldn't either LOL especially as, by the sounds of it, none of us had even touched the settings..... from what I can fathom, it' happened to at least 3 of us when our titles changed to Super or Mega Tenerifian.... I love technology NOT

willo-the-wisp
31-08-2012, 18:49
we couldn't either LOL especially as, by the sounds of it, none of us had even touched the settings..... from what I can fathom, it' happened to at least 3 of us when our titles changed to Super or Mega Tenerifian.... I love technology NOT

It's going to even it's self out at some stage, but at the moment I must have received in excess of thirty emails for posts that are over a week old. Hey ho either a feast or a famine. :D

kingbaker
31-08-2012, 18:55

Sorry to contradict you Mike, but all is Not ok. Yesterday afternoon I got an email notification-----------from the 24th Aug and last evening I got a few
more from 24th -28th. Today I've got about a half a dozen more (out of date), and this is really getting tedious. I use three different computers, in three
different locations. Help!!

UPDATE: I've now got 15 out-of date emails this evening in total, and I haven't changed ANY SETTINGS at all, at all, at all, on any computer that I use, and one is Govt owned and one is council owned, and the other is mine.

Just checked, and 'not got an email, that was correct (up-to-date), since 21-8-2012..........how abut them apples!!

slodgedad
01-09-2012, 01:38
f you have started getting notifications then it has been corrected.

We have been checking settings since the first report and thought we had fixed what we could.

Am I to understand that you are not happy because you are receiving old notifications now that the problem seems to be solved?

I have spent upwards of 3 hours, over the past few days, checking and tweaking settings and can still find nothing wrong.

willo-the-wisp
01-09-2012, 08:18
I appreciate your hard work Slodge, something must have worked because I had a feast of 33 emails this morning from the 28th August. I am not complaining, it's a simple thing to delete the old ones; eventually we will all be up to date, once the newest ones arrive. :respect:

karinagal
01-09-2012, 09:08
I've received 2 emails - 1 yesterday and 1 today for private messages I received over a week ago! Ah well, a bit like Royal Mail... they got there in the end!! :p : D :p

The undisputed queen of de-nial

kingbaker
01-09-2012, 14:50
f you have started getting notifications then it has been corrected.

We have been checking settings since the first report and thought we had fixed what we could.

Am I to understand that you are not happy because you are receiving old notifications now that the problem seems to be solved?

I have spent upwards of 3 hours, over the past few days, checking and tweaking settings and can still find nothing wrong.

Thanks for taking the time to do that Slodgeie. The last few days as follows: Today so far ....about 25 out of date 'notifs' about 15

yesterday and less that 6 the day before, and about 3 the previous day..........NO current......all out of date.:hello:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: HEY HO!!! THOUGHT YOU WAS GONNA BE QUIET FOR A WEEK,

ya chancer!!:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::c rylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

chifleta
01-09-2012, 16:17
It's going to even it's self out at some stage, but at the moment I must have received in excess of thirty emails for posts that are over a week old. Hey ho either a feast or a famine. :D

i didn't get a notification for this one, but thought i'd reply anyways, yes, I got quite a few, but at least with the email notification I can just delete once i've read if i don't want to reply.... saves having to scroll through loads of stuff :)

Thanks for taking the time to do that Slodgeie. The last few days as follows: Today so far ....about 25 out of date 'notifs' about 15

yesterday and less that 6 the day before, and about 3 the previous day..........NO current......all out of date.:hello:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: HEY HO!!! THOUGHT YOU WAS GONNA BE QUIET FOR A WEEK,

ya chancer!!:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::c rylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

I only came on here because, like you, I got about 20 emails of replies made a week or so ago LOL shushhhhhhhh :neener::twak::twak::twak:

still a bit annoying if we have to go into our settings and change ALL the threads that we thought we would automatically get immediate email notifications for... I only did page 1 of however many pages i'm linked to/should be recieving...

concurr too to the thanks to Slodgedad, we do appreciate the help... personally I didn't think anyone was doing anything because you said previously that there was nothing wrong TF end and nothing wrong our end unless we'd changed settings, which we hadn't (at that time, though I have been in and changed things since, though personally I don't think that even changed anything).... anyhooo, we are not complaining that we are now recieving too many emails, just stating a fact that we are recieving lots of emails with OLD posts.... it'll hopefully just sort itself after a while... the shame is that someone may have asked any one of use something important and we haven't replied because we can't look at all threads every day, if you know what I mean :)

Mind you, no one would ask me anything important, as i just waffle on most of the time LOL :-D

willo-the-wisp
01-09-2012, 19:22
It's a bit like waiting for a bus, you wait half an hour then 33 come along at once, lol!

kingbaker
01-09-2012, 20:36
[QUOTE=chifleta;212218]i didn't get a notification for this one, but thought i'd reply anyways, yes, I got quite a few, but at least with the email notification I can just delete once i've read if i don't want to reply.... saves having to scroll through loads of stuff :)

You didn't last 1 week........I mean 1 day:lol:

chifleta
01-09-2012, 22:00
[QUOTE=chifleta;212218]i didn't get a notification for this one, but thought i'd reply anyways, yes, I got quite a few, but at least with the email notification I can just delete once i've read if i don't want to reply.... saves having to scroll through loads of stuff :)

You didn't last 1 week........I mean 1 day:lol:

LMFAO that's only because I had about 20 emails (late notifications) when I looked this morning... shushhhh hahahahahaha

kingbaker
02-09-2012, 16:14
[QUOTE=kingbaker;212264]

LMFAO that's only because I had about 20 emails (late notifications) when I looked this morning... shushhhh hahahahahaha

What is LMFAO? Any way I'm almost up to date with my 'notifs' 14.25 today to be precise!!!!!:hello:

chifleta
02-09-2012, 17:30
[QUOTE=chifleta;212279]

What is LMFAO? Any way I'm almost up to date with my 'notifs' 14.25 today to be precise!!!!!:hello:

LMFAO: laughing my "insert eff word or FAT here" **** off..... mind you, I can't say fat now as i've lost all that weight LOL so it'll have to be the other one...

and ditto, the notifs are getting there... bit like the old British Rail advert:pray:

kingbaker
02-09-2012, 22:56
[QUOTE=kingbaker;212403]

LMFAO: laughing my "insert eff word or FAT here" **** off..... mind you, I can't say fat now as i've lost all that weight LOL so it'll have to be the other one...

and ditto, the notifs are getting there... bit like the old British Rail advert:pray:

Yep I just got a 'notif' and it's only a few mins old............YEEEHAAAAAA!!:tiphat::tiphat::tipha t: LMAO!!

KirstyJay
02-09-2012, 23:29
sounds like a cron problem or a server mail issue to me, from the last few posts, but I'm in no position to check it at present, as I may be offline as of midnight, while my net provider changes over and admin is away.

kingbaker
15-09-2012, 23:53
The late notifications problem returned today!!!!!!

I got one today dated 11-8-2012!!:wave:

seanocelt
16-09-2012, 02:18
Kirsty and mods, there are a few wee anomalies that occur and people tend to report them on the thread they comment on, or now, this one. Maybe an "Anamolies" thread could let all mention the wee glitches for investigation, cant all be fixed at once, but at least you could probe one at a time? Examples; notifictations for some posts, not others ( if its something we are doing wrong, we dont know), change to a thread title (eg Bojangles got split, still appears as Bojangles in the dialogue boxes) . Not earth shattering, not critisism, just as the forum gets busier (im sure you have noticed!!) you know of them as they happen..................;-)

slodgedad
16-09-2012, 02:48
Kirsty and mods, there are a few wee anomalies that occur and people tend to report them on the thread they comment on, or now, this one. Maybe an "Anamolies" thread could let all mention the wee glitches for investigation, cant all be fixed at once, but at least you could probe one at a time? Examples; notifictations for some posts, not others ( if its something we are doing wrong, we dont know), change to a thread title (eg Bojangles got split, still appears as Bojangles in the dialogue boxes) . Not earth shattering, not critisism, just as the forum gets busier (im sure you have noticed!!) you know of them as they happen..................;-)

The problem has been, Sean, that since the big upgrade and setting up of the new Forum, a lot of the established add ons and apps, that we had learned to live with, are not compatible with the latest version of the software we use.

Ah, simple you may think, but whenever one job is done in the database it has a knock on effect to something else.

It would have been so much easier to start from absolute scratch, but we would have been silly to do that

willo-the-wisp
18-09-2012, 08:02
It's happening again, no notifications, and once again I haven't altered any settings. :(

willo-the-wisp
19-09-2012, 09:09
Still no notifications, maybe I should be careful what I ask for lol! Probably get dozens over the next few days. :D

chifleta
19-09-2012, 15:55
Still no notifications, maybe I should be careful what I ask for lol! Probably get dozens over the next few days. :D

that's a given........ LOL and yes, there's even one thread (my own) that I don't get any notifications for hahaha... i give up, don't care any more... if I miss something important, hey ho, don't care :wow:

willo-the-wisp
19-09-2012, 19:04
Have we been specially selected Chifl? Maybe we are the honoured few lol! :D:D:D

Have never known this happen on any other forum of which I am a regular member.

chifleta
19-09-2012, 19:17
are we specially selected or just "special" hmmmm LOL

melm
19-09-2012, 19:23
are we specially selected or just "special" hmmmm LOL

afraid not folks same thing is happening to me...not on every thread but certainly on the last two or three.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

willo-the-wisp
19-09-2012, 19:26
afraid not folks same thing is happening to me...not on every thread but certainly on the last two or three.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

Well maybe melm like us you are one of the chosen few, time will tell. :D:D:D

We are definitely Special Chifl with a capital S!:)

kingbaker
19-09-2012, 23:35
We must be very SPECIAL indeed :bootyshake: :D

willo-the-wisp
20-09-2012, 07:35
We must be very SPECIAL indeed :bootyshake: :D

US 'special' ones better watch out we may get more than what we bargained for.:D (Still no notifications today btw)

kingbaker
20-09-2012, 13:05
I think that I'm missing mine as well.............been busy this morning, but there seems to be much more posts than I've been notified about.

Has someone been at GRANNYS' SHERRY again!!!!!! :laugh:

willo-the-wisp
20-09-2012, 18:24
I think that I'm missing mine as well.............been busy this morning, but there seems to be much more posts than I've been notified about.

Has someone been at GRANNYS' SHERRY again!!!!!! :laugh:

Eh? Hic* What makes you think that lol!:drunk2:

kingbaker
21-09-2012, 21:25
Hello I'm not getting any notifications............ none since yesterday afternoon!!!!!!! I hope that I don't get a shedload

tomoroooooooo!!!!!! :(:(:(:(

KirstyJay
21-09-2012, 22:48
Hello I'm not getting any notifications............ none since yesterday afternoon!!!!!!! I hope that I don't get a shedload

tomoroooooooo!!!!!! :(:(:(:( Pooh is looking into things, but he's a bit rushed off his feet, what with a baby and other stuff. I'm sure you understand :)

The original stuff he did din't seem to make a difference, so it's got to be investigated further.

kingbaker
22-09-2012, 11:46
Pooh is looking into things, but he's a bit rushed off his feet, what with a baby and other stuff. I'm sure you understand :)

The original stuff he did din't seem to make a difference, so it's got to be investigated further.

Thanks KJ. Before the 'notif' problems arose, I would get a notif like this

First few lines would be in standard black print....blah de blah has replied to a tenerife forum thread to which you have subscribed. followed by the message. After that would come the URL of the message in blue.......to go direct to that exact msg.

After that would come some small black type, telling me that if I want to unsubscribe, to click on the following blue URL
All ok so far. Around the time that notifs started going missing, there was a change to the way these things happened.

Sometimes when I opened a TF notif email, and was getting ready to click on the first blue URL, the whole message would change (in a flash) to one paragraph of small print, and one blue URL ....almost exactly where the original blue Url was On one occasion on at least 1 occasion I may have probably unsubscribed. This would only explain a tiny part of the problem and may have happened to Chifletas problem regarding one thread only. Not sure if this helps, as it shouldn't've meant shedloads of back notifs.:wave::wave:

willo-the-wisp
22-09-2012, 18:55
Thanks KJ. Before the 'notif' problems arose, I would get a notif like this

First few lines would be in standard black print....blah de blah has replied to a tenerife forum thread to which you have subscribed. followed by the message. After that would come the URL of the message in blue.......to go direct to that exact msg.

After that would come some small black type, telling me that if I want to unsubscribe, to click on the following blue URL
All ok so far. Around the time that notifs started going missing, there was a change to the way these things happened.

Sometimes when I opened a TF notif email, and was getting ready to click on the first blue URL, the whole message would change (in a flash) to one paragraph of small print, and one blue URL ....almost exactly where the original blue Url was On one occasion on at least 1 occasion I may have probably unsubscribed. This would only explain a tiny part of the problem and may have happened to Chifletas problem regarding one thread only. Not sure if this helps, as it shouldn't've meant shedloads of back notifs.:wave::wave:

In a flash KB? Nobody has been flashing at me lol, I'm still without ...................:dontknow::D:D:D

Shhhh..................I've started getting 'em again 7.30pm. :)

willo-the-wisp
23-09-2012, 13:37
Well they are coming through thick and fast now, and what's more they are current. Thank you fixer! :bowdown:

melm
23-09-2012, 15:01
and a thank you from me....notifications being received and all seems to be back to normal.:tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

chifleta
23-09-2012, 16:10
In a flash KB? Nobody has been flashing at me lol, I'm still without ...................:dontknow::D:D:D

Shhhh..................I've started getting 'em again 7.30pm. :)

surprisingly i'm getting a few now.... LOL

kingbaker
23-09-2012, 22:02
surprisingly i'm getting a few now.... LOL

Mine started to return to normal last evening..............muchas gracias Mr Fixer Sir!!!! :wave::wave::D

chifleta
23-09-2012, 22:14
Mine started to return to normal last evening..............muchas gracias Mr Fixer Sir!!!! :wave::wave::D

I was thinking we better not speak too soon LOL

KirstyJay
23-09-2012, 22:35
I was thinking we better not speak too soon LOLNo, I think it'll be fine now... Pooh found a thread on the VB forums that mentioned the same problem and we changed a setting or two and it 'seems' to have fixed it... Fingers crossed!

chifleta
23-09-2012, 22:39
No, I think it'll be fine now... Pooh found a thread on the VB forums that mentioned the same problem and we changed a setting or two and it 'seems' to have fixed it... Fingers crossed!

and toes :thanx: