PDA

View Full Version : Is there a nice sea front walk to do if we stay in the Sand Club, Golf del Sur?

OrionNebula
29-07-2012, 16:47
Hi,

I'm thinking of staying in the Sand Club in Golf del Sur - it's quite near the sea front, but I can't tell from google maps whether there is a nice walk to do along the front? Would we be able to walk to Los Abrigos - or is it best to go the other direction?

BobMac
29-07-2012, 16:59
Hi,

I'm thinking of staying in the Sand Club in Golf del Sur - it's quite near the sea front, but I can't tell from google maps whether there is a nice walk to do along the front? Would we be able to walk to Los Abrigos - or is it best to go the other direction?

You can walk across to Los Abrigos across the beach but it's not a made-up path, it's a dirt track.

If you go the other way, there is a coastal walk but again it's a dirt track rather than a made-up path

OrionNebula
29-07-2012, 17:02
Hi BobMac,
Thanks for the reply. How long do you reckon it would take to walk to Los Abrigos?

AL JAY
29-07-2012, 17:21
If you are looking for a nice sea walk/stroll that can take approx 2 hours + i would recommend the one from Los Cristianos to La Caleta,taking in Playa de las america's Puerta Colon Fanabe etc stopping for the odd refreshment!

BobMac
29-07-2012, 17:29
Hi BobMac,
Thanks for the reply. How long do you reckon it would take to walk to Los Abrigos?

It's a comfortable 30 to 40 minutes depending on the temperature. When you get there, there are lots of little bars and cafes round the harbour where you can have a drink and watch the world go by.

John Beck
29-07-2012, 17:50
Hi Guys.

I have walked to Los Abrigos and further on to this side of the red rock which is a nudist beach. Gravel paths most of the way and a little steep in places. walked back along side of road. not as nice but firmer.

I was 54 and over 20 stone last time I walked it. I was wearing sandals but would recommend something stronger.

I have walked the other way to Silencio and loved every second of it. Even joined by a big friendly black dog for part of the walk. Got the bus back from Silencio.

On holiday you are in no rush so take a bottle of water or two and enjoy the views.

Have a great holiday.

BobMac
29-07-2012, 17:54
Hi Guys.

I have walked to Los Abrigos and further on to this side of the red rock which is a nudist beach. Gravel paths most of the way and a little steep in places. walked back along side of road. not as nice but firmer.

I was 54 and over 20 stone last time I walked it. I was wearing sandals but would recommend something stronger.

I have walked the other way to Silencio and loved every second of it. Even joined by a big friendly black dog for part of the walk. Got the bus back from Silencio.

On holiday you are in no rush so take a bottle of water or two and enjoy the views.

Have a great holiday.

If you are fit, there is actually a footpath to the top of the Red Rock

John Beck
29-07-2012, 18:05
May try this when I return to the Island.

junglejim
29-07-2012, 19:19
May try this when I return to the Island.

Just make sure you keep your pecker up in the heat! :ashamed::eyebrows:

John Beck
29-07-2012, 19:47
Just make sure you keep your pecker up in the heat! :ashamed::eyebrows:

I will keep my pecker covered I think. Don't fancy the sunburn there. ouch. Lol :laugh:

Harmonicaman
29-07-2012, 19:57
If you are fit, there is actually a footpath to the top of the Red Rock

...and if you aren't fit, there's still a footpath to the top!...:raspberry:

cressrt
29-07-2012, 21:41
Sand Club is at the top of San Blas, to Los Abrigos it is not more than 15-20 mins, along the front walk and then across a bit of waste ground. OK during the day but you may prefer to take a taxi back.

marbro8
29-07-2012, 22:32
If you are looking for a nice sea walk/stroll that can take approx 2 hours + i would recommend the one from Los Cristianos to La Caleta,taking in Playa de las america's Puerta Colon Fanabe etc stopping for the odd refreshment!you are so right al jay that walk is the best walk i have ever taken, and one of the things i look forward to every time we visit:wink:

macdonald5
30-07-2012, 07:09
you are so right al jay that walk is the best walk i have ever taken, and one of the things i look forward to every time we visit:wink:

We are same, love that walk - pity the beach bar now closed , used to always stop for refreshment there

junglejim
30-07-2012, 07:54
We are same, love that walk - pity the beach bar now closed , used to always stop for refreshment there
Yes a prime example of how Tenerife Officials can screw up a lovely beach and bar - just because they can !
Totally ruined a lovely spot for a walk and a day out !

tina ann
30-07-2012, 12:42
It wont take you long from Sand club to Los Abrigos, about 15 minutes, take a torch for the way back if your going at night. You have some good spanish bars there.

If you walk the other way, its made up of a proper path so far, you will pass El Nautico(5mins) which is a lovely place to sit and chill, then you will come to more restaurants(20mins) and the harbour(25 mins-great little bar) then carry on and you come to Amarilla Golf (35mins)and even further and you will end up in Costa del Silencio (105mins)

marbro8
31-07-2012, 17:46
We are same, love that walk - pity the beach bar now closed , used to always stop for refreshment therenot the one with the green deck chairs by mcdonalds???

macdonald5
31-07-2012, 17:50
not the one with the green deck chairs by mcdonalds???

No the one almost at La Caleta ,it was great but all gone now

marbro8
31-07-2012, 19:26
No the one almost at La Caleta ,it was great but all gone nowoh rite? i don't think i know that one, we have walked it from la caleta to los cris but the only thing i remember are those stones that have sprung up but don't know what they signify???, the one i use is the one i mentioned with those bloody green deckchairs that you think you are going to fall out of when you sit back in them lol