PDA

View Full Version : You can't come in unless you have enough money in the bank.

Harmonicaman
29-07-2012, 19:32
Spain is hoping to save €1 billion per year after plans to adopt a "proof of income" strategy, designed to ensure EU citizens living in Spain have a job contract or documentation proving that they have enough money to support themselves...Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2180369/David-Cameron-urged-follow-Spains-new-EU-edict-You-money-bank.html)

slodgedad
29-07-2012, 19:58
Other countries have done this with success, but I can't see it being applied here, except for Non EU peeps.

Harmonicaman
29-07-2012, 20:02
Other countries have done this with success, but I can't see it being applied here, except for Non EU peeps.

I don't know slodgey...boot out people without contracts and give the jobs to unemployed Spaniards. With unemployment in the Canarys at over 30%, it sounds like a plan to me.

slodgedad
29-07-2012, 20:09
I don't know slodgey...boot out people without contracts and give the jobs to unemployed Spaniards. With unemployment in the Canarys at over 30%, it sounds like a plan to me.

I agree, but as part of the EU (kinda), How would it stand in law.

I can understand the new restrictions on new 'Residencia' seekers, but those that already in the system, I would think, are virtually untouchable.

tracy hampshire
29-07-2012, 21:56
i have worked over here for a few years , with contract, currently unemployed, got married over here, trying to get OH , residencia, he is from the sahara, all papers gone through before the changes, but not early enough, required, spouse putting on my social security for medical cover, although he has paid into the system for 10 years,with a laps of 5 years,not possible with out residencia, residencia not possible without being covered by medical, ok, so social says go get private insurance then when he gets his residensia he can then be put on mine, now got private insurance for him , papers gone through yet another time, we have now to wait 10 days for the outcome, will let you all know what happens

tenerifebird
29-07-2012, 22:19
Yikes!!! glad this wasn´t the case when we moved here!! having said that we have worked hard since we moved here!! although even it is does happen people will always find ways around it I guess, good or bad for the economy????? who knows!!

cainaries
29-07-2012, 22:47
When we applied for Residencia in 2006 we had to supply proof of income which was provided by the UK Work and Pensions Department as standard form.

Goldenmaniac
30-07-2012, 08:45
Other countries have done this with success, but I can't see it being applied here, except for Non EU peeps. It is already applied here the rules changed on 1 July this year see here http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#residencia

Muppet
30-07-2012, 09:53
... and the reasons behind this, as far as EU law is concerned, is that the Canaries applied to, and were awarded special peripheral status within the EU, because of the distance away and many other reasons. This status is that which allows confirmed the legality of the letting laws already discussed in depth elsewhere, and also allows businesses to discriminate positively toward Canarians when it comes to work offers.

cheery
30-07-2012, 15:53
I don't see that as a problem. In fact if more countries adopted this policy it would stop economic migrants from ruining the country they end up in. How many Eastern Europeans turn to crime because they can't find work (that may have been the purpose anyway). Cowboy operators in different industries use cheap labour to undercut legitimate businesses and pay appalling wages to achieve this.

9PLUS
30-07-2012, 16:45
This is good news if it applies to everyone in the same manner.