PDA

View Full Version : Take That Gigs: Drunk Women Spark A&E Surge

wahay
15-06-2011, 18:32
Middle-aged female fans of Take That drank so much at their concerts they caused hospital admissions to soar.
The number of people admitted to Manchester Royal Infirmary increased significantly on six of the boy band's eight dates at Eastlands, starting on June 4.
In all, doctors said they treated about 160 extra patients - a 10% rise on average levels.
Most had suffered minor drink-related injuries, such as ankle sprains, but serious cases included alcohol poisoning.
More than 100 of the patients were female fans believed to be in their 30s and 40s.
Some 60 women were ejected from City of Manchester stadium for being worse for wear after drink. One steward claimed women had behaved worse than unruly football fans.
A spokeswoman for the hospital told Sky News Online: "Alcohol was definitely a factor."
Police had 21 reports of crime in or near the ground before, during and after the concerts - including offences for public order, theft, assault and sexual assault. Ten concert-goers were arrested.
Pubs around the venue had been asked to help prevent brawls by not selling alcohol to concert-goers, but it was still on sale inside the ground.
Some 480,000 people watched the gigs in Manchester.

Middle-aged female fans of Take That drank so much at their concerts they caused hospital admissions to soar.
The number of people admitted to Manchester Royal Infirmary increased significantly on six of the boy band's eight dates at Eastlands, starting on June 4.
In all, doctors said they treated about 160 extra patients - a 10% rise on average levels.
Most had suffered minor drink-related injuries, such as ankle sprains, but serious cases included alcohol poisoning.
More than 100 of the patients were female fans believed to be in their 30s and 40s.
Some 60 women were ejected from City of Manchester stadium for being worse for wear after drink. One steward claimed women had behaved worse than unruly football fans.
A spokeswoman for the hospital told Sky News Online: "Alcohol was definitely a factor."
Police had 21 reports of crime in or near the ground before, during and after the concerts - including offences for public order, theft, assault and sexual assault. Ten concert-goers were arrested.
Pubs around the venue had been asked to help prevent brawls by not selling alcohol to concert-goers, but it was still on sale inside the ground.
Some 480,000 people watched the gigs in Manchester.

not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee aha only cause i wasnt there that is

Malteser Monkey
16-06-2011, 13:12
Never ! middle aged women at a Take That concert.........drinking ???

sundownersvince
16-06-2011, 14:01
I just wanna feel............pi***d :drinking:

with cheese
16-06-2011, 14:02
Absolute Angels.

sundownersvince
16-06-2011, 14:28
Wahay..........She's the one.....:angel:

howard thornton
16-06-2011, 14:57
Never ! middle aged women at a Take That concert.........drinking ???

so thats where zara has been.

with cheese
16-06-2011, 20:04
I am taking the Missus to Amsterdam for her visit to them.

moonlighter
16-06-2011, 20:24
The wife went to Take That on Tuesday, maybe I should phone her & see where she is. ??????

with cheese
16-06-2011, 20:28
I have heard Robbie has taken out a gagging order, so I would.

moonlighter
16-06-2011, 21:04
I have heard Robbie has taken out a gagging order, so I would.

If he wants to gag my wife, I wouldn't argue. :fryingpan: