PDA

View Full Version : Animal Chat What quirks does your pet have?

tracy hampshire
30-07-2012, 21:09
i have a little yorkie cross poodle, & to say she is a bit quirkie is an understatement, 1, she doesnīt like any other dogs, only people, 2, she thinks she can talk, when she meets someome she will have a full blown conversation, 3, when at a bar or a cafe, she thinks she should be sat in a chair the same as you, 4, she thinks my hubby is her man & not mine, when he comes home she jumps up for a kiss first, & always tries to squeeze in the middle at bed time , 5, will try to eat anything that you eat, & i mean anything, 6, charms the pants off anyone she meets, by sitting, & giving them one paw after another untill she is centre of attention, spoilt i hear you all say, no not spoilt, ruined, so what little quirks do your animals have ?

cjd01
31-07-2012, 11:22
i have a little yorkie cross poodle, & to say she is a bit quirkie is an understatement, 1, she doesnīt like any other dogs, only people, 2, she thinks she can talk, when she meets someome she will have a full blown conversation, 3, when at a bar or a cafe, she thinks she should be sat in a chair the same as you, 4, she thinks my hubby is her man & not mine, when he comes home she jumps up for a kiss first, & always tries to squeeze in the middle at bed time , 5, will try to eat anything that you eat, & i mean anything, 6, charms the pants off anyone she meets, by sitting, & giving them one paw after another untill she is centre of attention, spoilt i hear you all say, no not spoilt, ruined, so what little quirks do your animals have ?
My tortoise doesnt like one of my friends - as soon as he hears her voice he hides in his shell - she's the only person he does it with! LOL

karinagal
31-07-2012, 11:45
Our greyhound has a hatred of all black dogs ... She's not as unsociable with any other dogs although she's not exactly welcoming. There have been 2 instances of black dogs that have attacked her, so she tends to react the same to all of them.. Racist?

chifleta
31-07-2012, 14:05
One of my cats (RIP Garfie) which my mum adopted from me used to talk like "Charlie" when I'd scratch my fingers down her back (remember the Charlie says don't cross the road without looking and listening? from the 80s'), she actually sounded like she was saying "hello" when I'd get home from work... oh and she would also try and get under my jumper when I was sat on sofa, which was my fault as I'd stick her and her brother inside my suit jacket when they were kittens, but she grew quite big, so it was uncomfortable haha....

I had another cat which mum also adopted from me (RIP Sootie), that would, on mums command, wave to you ..... oh and he'd sleep on his back in front of the fire, like a big black and white furry rug LOL paws and legs splayed...

And of course, my nans cat Pepper, that loved Martini and delicately bringing her live butterflies that he would show off to her, which then she would have to try and catch to let free LOL...

These cats lived to approx. 15 yrs each, I won't have a pet, it breaks my heart too much when they pass away :(

cainaries
31-07-2012, 23:54
One of our cats (RIP Stilton ... this is catching) simply hated dogs. When we moved here we warned our next door neighbours who fell about laughing saying 'we've got a Chow, he won't have a go at that'! Hah. He chased the Chow down the road and back inside its own house, dusted himself down and stalked back to our place.

junglejim
01-08-2012, 07:35
Our greyhound has a hatred of all black dogs ... She's not as unsociable with any other dogs although she's not exactly welcoming. There have been 2 instances of black dogs that have attacked her, so she tends to react the same to all of them.. Racist?
Quite funny , when home I watch my daughter's dog - it hates white dogs!Through our back garden fence is a rather large white wolf-like dog who he torments !
Also in early morning when I've been on line for news , emails etc. when the Windows shut-down jingle goes on laptop he starts barking and doing circles because he knows it's time for walkies ! (I'm just back in drizzling rain !:doggy::cold::rain:)

tracy hampshire
01-08-2012, 09:37
another one of lilyīs little tricks iīm ahamed to say is shoplifting, if i take her into a shop & donīt pick her up & she sees anything at her level that takes her fancy then she will make a grab for it, & if you donīt keep your eye on her she will strut proudly out of the shop, tail in the air with her ill gotten gains in her mouth, happened to me 3 times in puerto, so embarassing :cheeky:

cainaries
01-08-2012, 15:04
another one of lilyīs little tricks iīm ahamed to say is shoplifting, if i take her into a shop & donīt pick her up & she sees anything at her level that takes her fancy then she will make a grab for it, & if you donīt keep your eye on her she will strut proudly out of the shop, tail in the air with her ill gotten gains in her mouth, happened to me 3 times in puerto, so embarassing :cheeky:

Wouldn't dare take Ginny into a shop! I know exactly what you mean, that kind of triumphant, confident, no-one can stop me .. strut with anything we absolutely don't want her to have. Latest items have been my emery board (shredded) and a plant catalogue of OH's (also shredded).

chifleta
01-08-2012, 16:33

tooooo funny LOL ..... I was in the pet shop the other day (OH has fish) and a couple came in with their dog, and basically let the dog sniff and decide what treat it wanted from the bottom shelf... it was so cute, bless the dog was quite old, and knew exactly what it wanted :) chewy bone :dog:

tracy hampshire
01-08-2012, 16:52
tooooo funny LOL ..... I was in the pet shop the other day (OH has fish) and a couple came in with their dog, and basically let the dog sniff and decide what treat it wanted from the bottom shelf... it was so cute, bless the dog was quite old, and knew exactly what it wanted :) chewy bone :dog: went into one of the chinese bazars with her today, carried her round, so no shoplifting, but the cheeky madam started barking as soon as we reached the shelf with the pet toys, had the whole place in stitches, quite a caracter is our lily:eyebrows: