PDA

View Full Version : Delay in page loading

Jackie
15-06-2011, 20:59
Whenever I click to read a new thread there is a delay in the page loading. I am getting the banners across the top no problem but just a little message that says the clock is GMT + 1 hour and then it says the time now is blah blah.

Is anyone else getting this ?

slodgedad
15-06-2011, 21:06
I'm getting that too but I don't think it's a problem as it only lasts for a split second.

Jackie
15-06-2011, 21:38
I'm getting that too but I don't think it's a problem as it only lasts for a split second.

Not been like it all day, started just recently and my delay is about 20 seconds and it is annoying:lol::lol:

AL JAY
15-06-2011, 21:57
The delay seems longer now than earlier,mine is approx 5 seconds now!

Tojack
15-06-2011, 22:01
Mine's about the same AL .Also go to last post icon not working.

Jackie
15-06-2011, 22:21
The delay seems longer now than earlier,mine is approx 5 seconds now!

Why is mine longer? no maybe don't answer that:lol: I am counting 15secs minimum and 20 secs maximum

slodgedad
15-06-2011, 23:29
Not a clue. Mines normal, but at least I've bumped the thread to see if anyone else is having a problem.

Can't see anything wrong at this end..:coffee::coffee::typing::typing:

MrsTT
16-06-2011, 08:07
It is taking a couple of seconds longer than when we restarted on this server, but not the times Jackie mentions.

Zara
16-06-2011, 08:48
Not a clue. Mines normal, but at least I've bumped the thread to see if anyone else is having a problem.

Can't see anything wrong at this end..:coffee::coffee::typing::typing:

Mine is taking between 5 and 7 seconds (see how precise I actually checked on my watch).
Can I apply to be a Mod please, I'm 'normal' well as normal as some of the mods :whistle:

Pooh
16-06-2011, 09:23
I have no idea why this happens for some... I can see that in the server end, the queries are responded to within fractions of a second, no delays at all. If it was a performance issue with the server, all would see the same kind of delays.
Myself, I see that delay when browsing the forum, but it's only just enough to read the time... Less than a second.
I get the impression that it might have to do with how the browser renders the page, but it seems a bit far-fetched... :confused:

Jackie
16-06-2011, 09:46
Mine is slightly better this morning...7 seconds, but it is a noticeable amount of time, normally it just went straight to the page/thread. Was fine all day yesterday then started in the evening, I haven't changed anything on my computer so don't know what the problem is

Vortex Wake
16-06-2011, 10:17
I noticed a slight but noticeable slow down of the forum that started yesterday .

For me it is no more than a couple of seconds.

ftw59
16-06-2011, 11:14
It seems to be a problem with Google analytics (not that I'll see the adverts anyway with having a decent hosts file). I've seen this quite a lot on sites that rely on outside advertising, and it's usually Google that's the slowest.

onelegnofeet
16-06-2011, 11:16
I got this a few times earlier around the 7 second mark ,see to be much quicker now but still a delay .Not moaning just saying to back up the others ..............

For me it is no more than a couple of seconds.

OH!HECK ...............your poor wife!!:lol:

Pooh
16-06-2011, 11:19
It seems to be a problem with Google analytics (not that I'll see the adverts anyway with having a decent hosts file). I've seen this quite a lot on sites that rely on outside advertising, and it's usually Google that's the slowest.

The Google analytics code is just before the closing BODY tag... the delay is much earlier in rendering the page, (before showing the posts), so I don't think that's it.
It's also strange that it's not the same for all users.

Edit: Also, we don't have outside advertising, so that can't slow it down. Google Analytics is for statistics, not for ads. (That would be Adsense)

Second Edit: Things which needs external data are the widgets in the sidebar. We're looking into if one of them might be the culprit.

dede
16-06-2011, 11:19
The same thing is happening to me when i click todays posts and then the last post it usually goes to the bottom of the page to the last post, but now its not and only going to the top of the page, its such hard work for me to scroll down to the last post. please can someone fix it:cry::lol:

markcuk
16-06-2011, 14:09
same thing for me started about 2 days ago