PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to get from Tenerife south airport to Los Cristianos?

julie mcshane
01-08-2012, 16:35
Hi, me and my husband are coming over on the 11th sep, what is the best way to get from the airport to los christianos, we will be landing at aprox 11.30am.
Cheers
Julie

Vortex Wake
01-08-2012, 16:50
Welcome to the forum :)

The cheapest way is by the Titsa 111 bus just outside the arrivals at the airport. Cost is less than 2 euros each.

www.titsa.com

AL JAY
01-08-2012, 17:09
Welcome to the forum!

Taxi to your Hotel/Apartment 25 euro inclusive of tip!:sunburn::sunbathe::surfer::dbluecar:

Rickiebear
01-08-2012, 18:22
Hi, we are assuming you are coming from the UK, into the larger southern airport.

We always use the local bus to and from Puerto de la Cruz. The buses are clean and run on time. The green TITSA buses stop right outside the exit doors of the Airport.

Look for the white sail, there is also an electronic bus sign.

If you are going to use the buses around the resort, and island, buy a BONO discount card, 15€ or 30€, the discounted fare is then deducted from the card.

julie mcshane
01-08-2012, 20:05
Thanks, how long do the bonus cards last for, we are coming for 2 weeks.
Is it ok getting on the bus with suitcases?
Thanks
Julie

Rickiebear
01-08-2012, 20:27
Hi, BONO cards last 12 months, and can then be reactivated at a bus station after that.

Suitcases can be placed in the hold of the bus. Make sure you put them on the same side as you get on.

timmylish
02-08-2012, 00:34
For the life of me why are you taking on the arduous plan to negotiate our bus service here on Tenerife without ever having been here before. Please, please do your self a favour and simply get a taxi right outside the arrival halls. reading the posts you are being taken down the road of where to put the luggage, does the driver speak English. How do you get to the resort once you find your way from the bus. Lunch time and its 38oC, whilst you are whiter than Persil, sweating like a proverbial ......
Trust me, as having lived here for more than 2 decades, the safest and most secure way is to take a taxi. We have very few criminal problems on this Island but you are leaving yourself wide open.

tfs1
02-08-2012, 08:15
I would get a taxi to the hotel and then see if the bus option is worthwhile for the return and/or future visits.

There is a company called Resorthoppa which offers you differing transfer options bookabled online, from the coach with 50+ others on it, to more rapide 4 stop max opton to private taxi (probably cheaper to take the normal taxi option).

To get to the airport taxis turn right as you come through the arrivals doors and keep walking, you will see the line taxis, bear to the right as you exit t he terminal and join the queue which does go down rather quickly as do the taxis !

Going back to the bus Los Cristianos bus station could be some walk away from yuor hotel. Where are you staying ?

Chris

julie mcshane
02-08-2012, 08:28
Hi chris, we are staying at the bahia apartments ( next to dreamers). We looked at the shuttle option but where unsure as to the booking on line and then having to find out where it was located and how often it ran.

julie

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for your reply timmylish, we are still looking at all options

julie

Thanks rickiebear, what ever option we take to get to our resort from the airport we will definitely be getting a bono card as we want to see more of the island.

julie

Red Devil
02-08-2012, 10:05
Hi Julie
you have 2 options - either come out of the arrivals hall, turn right and join the taxi queue that is quick and well organised (no queue jumping allowed), pay your 25 euro as said and be at your apartment in under 30 mins - OR, turn immediately left outside the terminal and you will see the titsa bus stop.
Bear in mind this bus only runs every 30 mins, it is the Santa Cruz/Las Americas bus so already has passengers on it, it is a single decker and you are arriving at peak time at at the 2nd busiest day of the week for arrivals at the airport, with perhaps 2 or 3 planes having arrived within a short time of each other.
It is highly unlikely you will even get on the first bus, never mind choosing a window seat on luggage side.
The first (and last) time we tried this people were laying on the ground trying to push their cases into an already overfull luggage boot. As Timmylish said, do not stress yourself in this way.
Once you have settled in there are plenty of times you can catch a bus to explore.

tfs1
02-08-2012, 11:01
Never had a problem with resorthoppa, tried the coach option a few times and luckily had 3 stops before our stop in Los Cristianos. Its similar to those 1970's package holidays where you wait for the flights and passengers to all get on the coach before it sets off. If you are the first on the coach you may have a 30ish mins wait before everyone is on. Its ok if you are not in a hurry or if you are staying in Golf De Sur as this is typically the first area they stop at - they drop you at your apt/hotel. Los Cris is normally the next stop

Last time we went for the ''max 4 stop option, a little more expensive but thought next time we may have lots more stops and didnt want to wait for all to get on the coach. There was no minibus to take us so they laid on one of their Mercs and off we went direct to our apartment, just like a taxi but just the 2 of us.

Resorthoppa office is in the arrivals terminal, come out of arrival doors and while still in the airport, turn right as if you are heading for the taxis and their office is on the left just before you exit the terminal.

Never had a complaint about them and you can always find a 'promo code' to make the price a little more attractive. The downside for some is that you have to phone them the day before you return (assuming you use them to get back to the airport) to get a pickup time at your location. They all speak English so communication is never a problem.

John Beck
02-08-2012, 12:40
One time on returning to Tenerife I thought be clever so got 60 Euros (3 X 20's )out of cash machine at East Midlands Airport. Thats bus fare sorted.

Arrived and waited for bus--- lugage stowed in hold-- bloody driver would not change 20. Was not a happy bunny. Had to push past everyone to get off bus and then had to bang on side of bus to get the prat to open side to retrieve lugage.

Couple on bus offered to pay my fare but I was to angry and embarrassed so stormed off to get taxi.

I recently discovered there is a shop in airport where I could have got a Bono Card!!! Always wise after the event.

If you are new to Tenerife I recommend a taxi to your apartment.

The buses are clean and have Air con, so very good.

Make sure you lock everything away when you are not around and beware of pickpockets and bag snatchers. they distract you and are very skilled. Same as anywhere you get people with a bit to spend.

Do not carry all your holiday money with you. Leave it in the bank and use cash machines to draw enough for each day or lock it in a safe (with bank cards).

Have a great holiday.

John

Tom & Sharon
04-08-2012, 14:33
You'd have to be absolutely crackers to even contemplate queuing up to catch the bus, and then tramp around Los Cristianos with suitcases looking for your accommodation in the heat of the middle of the day, just to save a maximum of 20€.

Get a taxi!

Jackalina
07-08-2012, 12:52
Although we always use the bus because we know exactly where we are going and only have hand luggage, I would advise a newcomer to take a taxi if you don't know where you are going. Taxi drivers know where most of the apartments are.

tfs1
07-08-2012, 14:04
has the bono card gone up to €15/€30 they used to be €12 and €30 ?

Chris

junglejim
07-08-2012, 14:55
I got the bus today (back at last!) ,fare has gone up to €2.90 with bono ( due to recent TITSA rises ) to PDLA , Bono tickets are now €15/30 each .
Bus was half empty ,I was the only one getting on at 11:10 ? Also now charging 10cents for Trasbordo at bus station ?

henry
07-08-2012, 15:46
yes they now 15 and 30 . you might find few more 12 euro bono floating around shops. but they will get 15 bono soon in the shops

yes they now 15 and 30 . you might find few more 12 euro bono floating around shops. but they will get 15 bono soon in the shops