PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Deutsche Bank ATMs in Costa del Silencio, Tenerife?

a4gom
02-08-2012, 13:55
Hi again, can you tell its getting close to my jollies, 2nd thread today..
I'll be staying in Costa Del Silencio does anyone know where the local Deutsche ATM's are??

I don't bank with them but they are part of Barclays alliance so cash withdrawals are charged at bank exchange rate less 2.99% rather than tourist exchange rate and there are no handling fees / atm charges.

How do you take your money abroad?

I'm too close to leaving to change cards etc so i'll have to stick with what I've got.
I have debit cards with barclays and a barclaycard, both charge 2.99% for cash at bank rate, barclaycard alsocharge 2.99% on purchases.
I have a Thomas Cook cash passport which I get charged at tourist ex rate here to load up with euros and charged £2 every time I use an ATM but purchases have no fee.

Then I suppose there is travellers cheques and cash..

Whats best?

What would be a ball park figure for spending money for a family of four for two weeks?
We are self catering, we've bought our siam and loro tickets but no doubt we will be doing a boat trip to see the dolphins / whales the rest will just be food and drink..

TIA
Andy

John Beck
02-08-2012, 18:22
Hi Andy

Deutsche bank and atm in Las Americas by McDonalds (Oposite Crows Nest).

If looking for good English food while there, up the road past Linakers. is Snappys Bistro. Good food and plenty of it.

Shop around for boat trip as prices vary a lot.

Hope this helps.

John

KirstyJay
02-08-2012, 19:16
Hi Andy

Deutsche bank and atm in Las Americas by McDonalds (Oposite Crows Nest).But he asked for one in Silencio.... It's a bit of a trek to go to LA just for a cashpoint! ;)

John Beck
02-08-2012, 19:28
But he asked for one in Silencio.... It's a bit of a trek to go to LA just for a cashpoint! ;)

I know that but I am sure that the family will be getting around a bit.

Always handy to know where things are.

John

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I have just been too goole maps and searched "deutsche bank near silencio, tenerife" and found 2 in los Chritianos and 1 in Las Americas.

One of the banks in Los Chris is in the buildings opposite all the bus stops. Go down to end of bus stops and cross over dual carriageway. Past ramp to Chinese shop. It's on the right.

This looks to be the nearest too Silencio.

Unless KirstyJay knows of one nearer. LOL

John

;-))

a4gom
02-08-2012, 21:36
Thanks guys, travelling isn't a problem, we'll have a car and be getting about a bit.

I typed it into google but didn't get anything!!

John Beck
02-08-2012, 23:17
Hi Andy

go to google Maps. Enter search term there.

John

poker
03-08-2012, 07:05
The postoffice bank works together with the Deutshe Bank , but I have no Idea if you can wighdraw money in the correos if you have an account with DB.
There is a postoffice in las Galettas, you could try there first ?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2