PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising event to raise money for the Tenerife Bomberos to help buy equipment

Canarian Weekly
03-08-2012, 11:00
TENERIFE’S Bomberos (Fire Brigade), who played such a heroic part in overcoming the fierce forests fires recently, are fund-raising to replace equipment lost and damaged during their marathon battle. With this in mind – apart from recent a door-to-door collection – they are staging a show at Roy’s Pizza and Indian Tandoori Restaurant, in San Eugenio Alto, next Saturday (11th Aug), from 3pm onwards.

The main source of cash will be realised from a grand raffle, with numerous donated prizes, and many more are needed, if you can help.

Carlos, from the Bomberos, will be available on the day with one of the fire appliances.

Kris Richards, one of the organisers, will be contacting many entertainers over the next week. Venues and comperes are invited to contact him with offers of help, particularly by staging fund-raising events over the following weeks.

There will be an Adeje Bomberos Land Cruiser and driver available to call at venues to collect funds raised.

The Bomberos have already received several generous cash donations, so a dedicated bank account will be opened, (details to follow) to collect donations from those who cannot get to any of the events but want to contribute.

For all enquiries, offers of entertainment, fund-raising, or raffle prizes, please contact Kris on 626 900 360.

Source : http://www.canarianweekly.com/bomberos-heroes-raising-funds-replace-damaged-equipment/

CAR
04-08-2012, 23:37
Thanks Canarian Weekly for putting the event details on here, I was just about to do so, when I saw your post :)

But I am baffled why there are not more "thanks" or responses to this. Is there really no one else on this forum supporting the event? Or are you all just keeping a low profile? LOL

My OH Kris and others, are putting an awful lot of hours into trying to make this a success, the Fire fighters seriously need our help!

I do hope the event will be well supported. This is totally for the bomberos, not for any egos, I hope that everyone will try to support the event and turn up to at least buy a raffle ticket. Details of the event here (http://www.facebook.com/tenerifebomberos)

Many thanks in advance on behalf of the fire fighters of Tenerife :)

CAR
06-08-2012, 21:13
Strange, but having a little bit of a problem getting enough support for this event.

There has now been a dedicated dual signatory bank account set up for donations, for those who can't get to an event (also for all the money raised to be paid into)

Roy of Roy's Pizza is a signatory, so that should let everyone know that this is a serious and well organised event.

Unfortunately, we are not getting as much support for this as hoped for.

There will be some fantastic entertainers performing from 3pm, and the raffle prizes are brilliant!

Please, please spread the word, Carlos Paulsen, the boss of the Adeje Volunteer Bomberos has told us that much of the equipment was damaged or lost during the recent fires.

As Kris Richards helped to raise much needed funds after the last devastating forest fires, he was approached again for help.

The Bomberos know how much the British expat community here care about the Island and are eternally grateful for the brilliant fundraising events organised through the community.

Any enquiries regarding fundraising events for the Bomberos, please call Kris Richards on 626 900 360

Or contact me via PM on here.

http://www.facebook.com/tenerifebomberos

Tweeters please use #tenerifebomberos

Many many thanks for your support x

CAR
06-08-2012, 21:24
I'm waiting for my update to be approved

Leam_Lin
06-08-2012, 21:47
Carol, is this the fund raising event for the bomberos planned for this Saturday 11th August starting at 3pm. at Roys Pizza, Torviscas Alto.

carpenter
06-08-2012, 21:56
I didn't realise that people post to get approval. I'll be there with my wife and baby.
Isn't this going out live on Coast FM for all those that can't make it?
Though that might be worth a mention

CAR
06-08-2012, 22:05
Carol, is this the fund raising event for the bomberos planned for this Saturday 11th August starting at 3pm. at Roys Pizza, Torviscas Alto.

It is indeed. www.facebook.com/tenerifebomberos should get you to the page/event/details Many thanks.

I didn't realise that people post to get approval. I'll be there with my wife and baby.
Isn't this going out live on Coast FM for all those that can't make it?
Though that might be worth a mention

Lovely that you're coming, thanks so much, please spread the word :) Yes it is being broadcast live via Coast FM.

Still waiting for my update about it to be posted? Not sure what all that's about. Is this a new thing? Or just for me LOL

carpenter
06-08-2012, 22:08
It is indeed. www.facebook.com/tenerifebomberos should get you to the page/event/details Many thanks.

Lovely that you're coming, thanks so much, please spread the word :) Yes it is being broadcast live via Coast FM.

Still waiting for my update about it to be posted? Not sure what all that's about. Is this a new thing? Or just for me LOL

Nor am I PM a mod!!

Muppet
06-08-2012, 22:11
It is also being supported and promoted by Atlantis fm and the event can be heard also on the station.... 98.2 and 99.2 fm

CAR
06-08-2012, 22:32
Yes of course it is Muppet, well remembered! I'd forgotten to mention Atlantis, sorry :)
carpenter, will do.

CAR
06-08-2012, 22:45
I think it's because I re-registered, and although I asked to keep my original forum name, I'm still down as a "newbie". Could that be it? How do I find out who's a moderator? I can't find any! LOL

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Moderator? Anyone....

slodgedad
06-08-2012, 23:30
I think it's because I re-registered, and although I asked to keep my original forum name, I'm still down as a "newbie". Could that be it? How do I find out who's a moderator? I can't find any! LOL

Moderator? Anyone....

I am, Carol. I can find no trace of an update.

CAR
07-08-2012, 00:03
Ew er that's not good then. I posted all the details about the event, with a link to the FB page. Could it be the FB link that was the problem? Ive also noticed that only some of my posts are "waiting to be approved" others, just go straight on. Will wait and see what this one does (I'll Ctrl C first!)

slodgedad
07-08-2012, 00:20
Ew er that's not good then. I posted all the details about the event, with a link to the FB page. Could it be the FB link that was the problem? Ive also noticed that only some of my posts are "waiting to be approved" others, just go straight on. Will wait and see what this one does (I'll Ctrl C first!)
It could have been the spam filter.
When a member with less than 10 posts includes a link it is automatically blocked til approved.

I know it sounds yuk but it is the best tool we have.

Unfortunately, legitimate posts are caught up in the process.

Sorry.

CAR
07-08-2012, 00:21
No worries, I guess I'll have to wait a while to get my old user name.account back?

slodgedad
07-08-2012, 00:24
No worries, I guess I'll have to wait a while to get my old user name.account back?

Or make 3 more posts...:)

BTW, Thank Kris for everything....;)

CAR
07-08-2012, 00:38
Will thank Kris, and here'spost number 1 :)

slodgedad
07-08-2012, 00:45
Go on then, I'll bump it to.

Carol says thanks, too

slodgedad
07-08-2012, 00:52

Moderator? Anyone....

Found 'em. They are now on line. Bit late but bumped all the same....Eliot

KirstyJay
07-08-2012, 10:21
Your old username was cazten, not CAR.

No one gets their old account back as the logistics involved in merging two separate forums of this size (which is, in effect, what the task involves) are horrendous. We are working on bringing the post count data across though. You should have been alerted to read a thread that explains all this before you were allowed to post, so I'm unsure why you don't know though ???

Anyway, good luck with the fundraiser :) Maybe we could sort out that calendar we planned last time ;)

CAR
07-08-2012, 10:28
Oh yes! The Bomberos calendar. I think that's a definite go. We should get together when I'm bake from the UK (early September)

Here are the details of the dedicated bank account for the Bomberos Fundraising, where you can pay in any donations.

Barclays Bank, S.A. Costa Adeje, Av Bruselas S/N Terrazas del Duq. 38670 Adeje.
Account: RECAUDACION BOMBEROS VOLUNTARIOS 2012
Account No.: 0065 0063 57 0001034854

There will also be a Paypal account coming soon.

Many thanks for your support.

CAR
09-08-2012, 12:09
FANTASTIC news. It's just been confirmed that the British Consul Maria Leng is showing support to our fundraising, and will be attending the Roy's Fundraiser on Saturday. It's great to have that level of interest and support.

Don't forget 3pm THIS Saturday at Roy's Pizza and Indian Tandoori.

Your old username was cazten, not CAR.

No one gets their old account back as the logistics involved in merging two separate forums of this size (which is, in effect, what the task involves) are horrendous. We are working on bringing the post count data across though. You should have been alerted to read a thread that explains all this before you were allowed to post, so I'm unsure why you don't know though ???

Think I was trying to get my La Bruja back, sorry my mistake :)

I can't seem to find the original post, (don't even know that it was on this forum) but someone asked why we didn't open a "Just Giving" account. I did contact them, but at present they only deal with registered UK charities. So obviously no good for our Bomberos.

CAR
11-08-2012, 12:18
Today's the day, for the 1st fundraiser for the Bomberos at Roy's Pizza and Indian Tandoori (http://www.facebook.com/tenerifebomberos),The president of the cabildo Ricardo Melchoir is opening the event, and Maria Leng the British Consul will also be in attendance, so great official support!

As posted previously, there is a bank account for donations and I'm now pleased to tell you there is also a Paypal account, so it's really easy for anyone do donate. Here is the link (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MK9B9GAVYAEXY) to the secure Paypal account. You'll land on the account RECAUDACION BOMBEROS VOLUNTARIOS 2012

Every single euro will count, so don't be afraid to donate even 1 euro!

Hope lots of you will be there this afternoon, please share this information where you can, and many thanks for your support. :tiphat:

UPDATE: Good news & Bad News.

Bad news first. We've just had a phone call & president Ricardo Melchoir can not attend the event, owing to the fact that he has had to go to the emergency control centre for the El Tanque fires. Also, it is very unlikely that the Adeje Bomberos will be able to attend either, also due to the El Tanque fires. Both completely understandable, & we send them all our love and support for a positive outcome to this horrible situation.

The good news: The ministers for Education and Tourism of Adeje will be attending in Ricardo Mechior's absence, and British Consul Maria Leng will be opening the event.

More good news: So far we have raised just under €2,000! Thanks to Eldon house, Camping Nauta, Sueñno Azul Pool Bar, Paloma Beach Golf Society, Tree House Restaurant, Arona Foods. Many many thanks.

Again, for those wishing to donate via Paypal, to the account (RECAUDACION BOMBEROS VOLUNTARIOS 2012) the link is https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MK9B9GAVYAEXY

Leam_Lin
11-08-2012, 15:57
Today's the day, for the 1st fundraiser for the Bomberos at Roy's Pizza and Indian Tandoori (http://www.facebook.com/tenerifebomberos),The president of the cabildo Ricardo Melchoir is opening the event, and Maria Leng the British Consul will also be in attendance, so great official support!

As posted previously, there is a bank account for donations and I'm now pleased to tell you there is also a Paypal account, so it's really easy for anyone do donate. Here is the link (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MK9B9GAVYAEXY) to the secure Paypal account. You'll land on the account RECAUDACION BOMBEROS VOLUNTARIOS 2012

Every single euro will count, so don't be afraid to donate even 1 euro!

Hope lots of you will be there this afternoon, please share this information where you can, and many thanks for your support. :tiphat:

UPDATE: Good news & Bad News.

Bad news first. We've just had a phone call & president Ricardo Melchoir can not attend the event, owing to the fact that he has had to go to the emergency control centre for the El Tanque fires. Also, it is very unlikely that the Adeje Bomberos will be able to attend either, also due to the El Tanque fires. Both completely understandable, & we send them all our love and support for a positive outcome to this horrible situation.

The good news: The ministers for Education and Tourism of Adeje will be attending in Ricardo Mechior's absence, and British Consul Maria Leng will be opening the event.

More good news: So far we have raised just under €2,000! Thanks to Eldon house, Camping Nauta, Sueñno Azul Pool Bar, Paloma Beach Golf Society, Tree House Restaurant, Arona Foods. Many many thanks.

Again, for those wishing to donate via Paypal, to the account (RECAUDACION BOMBEROS VOLUNTARIOS 2012) the link is https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MK9B9GAVYAEXY

Hi Carol, would have loved to been there today. I have made a donation via paypal.
Linda.

CAR
11-08-2012, 20:01
Hi Carol, would have loved to been there today. I have made a donation via paypal.
Linda.

Thanks so much Linda, news is trickling in, and it seems the event is going really well! What a shame that the funds are needed even more now because of the new fire outbreak.

Stay safe everyone.

slodgedad
12-08-2012, 03:05
Listening to the radio at work today and it was fantastic to hear the British Consulate represented.

Wish I could have been there, but didn't finish work til late.

Well done youz twoz,,,,:bowdown:

CAR
12-08-2012, 22:10
Listening to the radio at work today and it was fantastic to hear the British Consulate represented.

Wish I could have been there, but didn't finish work til late.

Well done youz twoz,,,,:bowdown:

Thanks, but the success was entirely due to the fantastic support the event received. Had nothing but positive feedback for the event, which is brilliant. Thanks everyone. And remember you can still donate via the Paypal account! :)

(RECAUDACION BOMBEROS VOLUNTARIOS 2012) the link is https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=MK9B9GAVYAEXY

KirstyJay
16-08-2012, 17:12
How much was raised?

universal
17-08-2012, 13:44
Another event being held today from 3.00 p.m. at The Brewers Arms Pub in Torviscus.

Leam_Lin
17-08-2012, 15:53
Another event being held today from 3.00 p.m. at The Brewers Arms Pub in Torviscus.

Can you give directions for The Brewers Arms. Thanks.

universal
17-08-2012, 16:41
Exit 30 from TF1 on the right on the way up to Roque del Conde Arch.

CAR
11-09-2012, 16:27
How much was raised? Hi Kirsty, Maria Leng presented a cheque to the bomberos for 5,000 Euros last week :) This was from the Roys fundraiser, Barclays Bank donation and other venues/bars that gave their fundraising money to either Kris or Roy to be paid into the bank.

There has been a lot more money raised too, from many other venues, I can't tell you the amounts, as they were dealing directly with the bomberos I believe. But what fantastic support from the residents and tourists, everyone I spoke to was so helpful and generous with both their time (entertainers) and money! Brilliant

Plus we've got the calender to come too! (will be in touch soon about that :) )

ps. The Paypal account is still open, as we received another donation last week from a gentleman in Germany! So decided to keep it open for a while longer.