PDA

View Full Version : Fund-raiser will help get these dogs to UK

Canarian Weekly
03-08-2012, 12:10
VOLUNTARY animal lovers have set up a group called 6 2 UK to rehome dogs in Britain from the Live Arico refuge, which has now moved to Fasnia from Atogo. All six dogs have been found loving homes and that’s needed now is the money for their flights. With this in mind, the group have [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/fund-raiser-dogs-uk/)

BoPeep
03-08-2012, 18:04
How brilliant are these people! How did they find the homes? I wish I could have a dog but our life stops that from being possible.

I'm in the U.K. so cant support the event but would send some money for the dogs flight if there is a bank account or Paypal set up....or is it straight to Live Arico?

Shazedens
04-08-2012, 00:46
Just to make things clear! The dogs were in Live Arico refuge and were found forever homes in the UK, so the money raised tomorrow will not be going into the general LA fund it will go directly to pay for their flights, innoculations etc. Should we be lucky enough to have funds left over these will be held for the next dogs who will go to UK or Germany from any of the refuges in Tenerife who want to get in contact with us.

Brian Lewis
04-08-2012, 08:52
VOLUNTARY animal lovers have set up a group called 6 2 UK to rehome dogs in Britain from the Live Arico refuge, which has now moved to Fasnia from Atogo. All six dogs have been found loving homes and that’s needed now is the money for their flights. With this in mind, the group have [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/fund-raiser-dogs-uk/)

I'm sure the UK have plenty of dogs in care, why aren't these people helping the RSPA or other UK based organisations.

longtallalice
04-08-2012, 10:05
Todays the day , a wonderful afternoon planned with movie musical madness, loads of acts doing different numbers to there normal performances. All 6 dogs have new forever homes waiting for them in the uk we just need to raise some more funds to get them there. I am currently fostering 4 of them at poochies pet hotel and they are all loving dogs who deserve a better life . So please do what you can today every euro counts , thankyou in advance , alice

Ecky Thump
04-08-2012, 18:53
I'm sure the UK have plenty of dogs in care, why aren't these people helping the RSPA or other UK based organisations.

Without being heartless and not knowing the full story, but I do feel this is the case, six more homeless dogs being imported from Tenerife will result in six dogs in the UK not finding homes and being put down.:confused:

golf birdie
04-08-2012, 19:33
Without being heartless and not knowing the full story, but I do feel this is the case, six more homeless dogs being imported from Tenerife will result in six dogs in the UK not finding homes and being put down.:confused:

plus the money being raised could be put to use to help the huge problems with dogs over here. What would people say if I raised money to bring 6 dogs from a UK shelter to Tenerife?

Susief
04-08-2012, 21:51
Surely if people want to adopt Tenerife dogs then they should be paying for their fares, passports etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carpenter
04-08-2012, 22:12
Goodness this is a hard one. We did take a Podenco from LA in 2010 and advertised her for re-homing and found a loving home in England for her. The new owners came out to Tenerife and contributed in full for vet bills, food, emergencies, passport and kept in touch for the full 6 months in took before she could fly.
We and Zuri were lucky and so are the new owners.

Ok the dogs have new homes excellent, but If you want a dog that badly then why aren't the new owners paying for the flights? They don't even need a quarantine period now. If they can't afford the flights they can't afford the dogs.

What sort of dogs are they? I was talking to my wife last week and we said if ever we did move back to the UK we would take a podenco with us as they are wonderful pets and totally unique in the UK.

I can see that your hearts are in the right place buts this has a funny smell to it.
For years dogs have been flown to Germany for re-homing from Tenerife but Germany does not have the unwanted dog problem that the UK has as you need a license to breed over there (I think). I hope the dogs find security soon.

Suej
04-08-2012, 22:35
Surely if people want to adopt Tenerife dogs then they should be paying for their fares, passports etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the second time today Susie I agree with you 100%!!!:lol:

longtallalice
04-08-2012, 22:52
Thankyou for your opinions, but we had a fabulous afternoon with tremendous support to help these 6 dogs get a new home , the people adopting them in the uk have helped and commited to rehoming them we are just trying to help get themon their final journey there and have done so by raising enough to get all 6 on there way soon, many thanks to all who contributed and helped out today to make this happen. 6 dogs less in the refuges of tenerife.