PDA

View Full Version : New process for resident travel to and from Tenerife

Canarian Weekly
03-08-2012, 12:10
Airlines have begun to request a resident’s certificate, issued by Town Halls, as a requirement to receive discounts. Residents of theCanary Islandsare given as much as a 50 per cent discount on travel, whether by air or sea, as long as it is within Spanish territory.

According to the websites of Iberia, Air Europa and Ryanair, Island residents wishing to travel from September 1st within the country, including other Islands, will not only have to present their DNI, or NIE/residencia/passport, but they will also have to present a certificate from their Town Hall. To apply for the certificate, you must be on the padron, the official list of local residents of each Municipality.

This news comes despite the announcement in May from Development Minister Ana Pastor, that the only documentation needed to receive the discount would be available online.

The Ryanair website says:

“In order to be eligible for the 50% discount for residents, passengers must be either Spanish citizens, citizens of other member states of the European Union or citizens of other States that are members of the European Economic Area who can prove that they are resident in the Balearic or Canary Islands and who are travelling between their place of residence to any other part of Spain, or Ceuta residents travelling between Sevilla, Malaga or Jerez to any other part of Spain. Spanish Resident and Family Discounts are not applicable on EXTRA seats. If any of the passengers is not a resident they should book separately.

**IMPORTANT INFORMATION** for travel from1st September 2012

• CHANGES HAVE BEEN ANNOUCED BY THE SPANISH MINISTRY WHICH CONCERN ALL PASSENGERS WHO HAVE OBTAINED A RESIDENT DISCOUNT.

• FROMTHE 1ST OF SEPTEMBER 2012ONWARDS PASSENGERS WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO TRAVEL ON THE PRODUCTION OF THE FOLLOWING FORMS OF ID:

CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCE ISSUED BY THE TOWN OR CITY COUNCIL AS PROOF OF RESIDENCE.”

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/process-resident-travel/)

doncarlos
04-08-2012, 07:53
From the 1st of September, residents in the Canary Islands who wish to receive the discount fro flights now need to prove their residencia by:

• Spanish citizens should provide: the "certificado de empadronamiento" issued at the town hall, along with the DNI as ID. For those Spanish citizens under the age of 14 who don´t have a DNI, only need to provide the residencia certificate issued by the town hall.
• Foreign citizens should provide: the "certificado de empadronamiento" issued by the town hall, NIE and official ID.

This also applies to those who have booked flights before the 1st of September, though they will be travelling on or after this date.

More information available from:

https://www.bintercanarias.com/externo/documentos/residencia.pdf

http://www.fomento.gob.es/NR/rdonlyres/6D66F188-642F-4F45-9828-67625C68712C/111146/12052203.pdf

deepdivejunkie
04-08-2012, 11:49
This also applies to Fred Olsen Ferries from 1st September this year.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150987539563807&set=a.310057118806.149033.302309898806&type=1&theater

deepdivejunkie
14-08-2012, 13:12
The Certificado de Empadronamiento has now been made available online.
Has anyone actually managed to get this. I have made various attempts to get it without success :-(

rotchie
14-08-2012, 19:34
My wife and I will be returning to Tenerife for 3+ months from September 13th, with another 3+ months stay from early January 2013. We need to apply for residencia status, and we also want to apply for a certificate of residence from the Adeje town hall.
Can you tell me please, what paperwork will we need to take with us to get the certificate of residence?
Many thanks in anticipation.

KirstyJay
15-08-2012, 13:02
My wife and I will be returning to Tenerife for 3+ months from September 13th, with another 3+ months stay from early January 2013. We need to apply for residencia status, and we also want to apply for a certificate of residence from the Adeje town hall.
Can you tell me please, what paperwork will we need to take with us to get the certificate of residence?
Many thanks in anticipation.

Read back through the previous posts in this thread and also the first post that links to specific info. Your question has already been answered. :)

rotchie
15-08-2012, 15:57
Read back through the previous posts in this thread and also the first post that links to specific info. Your question has already been answered. :)

I believe I have heard that to apply for a certificate of residence at the town hall, one has to show a copy of the property deeds (assuming they are property owners), is this the case?

mike in chayofa
15-08-2012, 16:14
I believe I have heard that to apply for a certificate of residence at the town hall, one has to show a copy of the property deeds (assuming they are property owners), is this the case?

No.

A certificado de registro is obtained from the police station at Las Americas.

An empadronamiento is obtained from the town hall and you will need (for a first application) a property escritura or a rental agreement.

I understand that empadronamiento's are now sent our via email, but ther has to be a way of obtaining a certificate because not everyone has a computer or printer

junglejim
15-08-2012, 16:24
As previously commented , for a certificate of Empadronamiento (and to register) , in Adeje town hall you need passport & copy,Certificado de Registro (Green one,from Police) &copy, Escritura or rental contract showing where you stay & copy - there is a ticket machine at entrance to reception where you select Empadronamiento , get a ticket and wait until the screen calls your number and which desk to go to - they speak reasonable English - about €3 for padron & €1for a certificate if you are buying a car or a flight or whatever.

vickyw28
19-11-2013, 21:06
Does anybody know the procedure to obtain the travel certificate for discount with binter. we are already resident

junglejim
19-11-2013, 21:20
You need to be registered on the empadronamiento , take your passport and copy and residencia and copy
see Tenerife Teddy´s comment

"We went to the Adeje Ayuntamiento today to get our Certificado de Viaje as we are going to visit our friends in Menorca.

We took all our documentation and copies along expecting a long wait at 11am. We couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised.

We went to the machine and pressed the button for Certificado de Viaje, and 2 minutes later it was our turn.
I asked the lady at the desk for Certificado de Viaje and she asked to see our passports and Residencia, looked us up on the system, asked if we wanted it for just the Canaries or also the Peninsular. we said Peninsular. €3.80 for 2 certificates, job done from arriving to departing in just over 5 minutes, Brilliant. . I would also like to say that the staff were very friendly and helpful. Well done! "

vickyw28
19-11-2013, 21:34
Thats a really helpful reply thankyou very much. However we have since moved address since we got our residency so obv the address on our resident cards and presuming empadronamiento is our old adress. do u know how we change our address?

slodgedad
19-11-2013, 22:01
Thats a really helpful reply thankyou very much. However we have since moved address since we got our residency so obv the address on our resident cards and presuming empadronamiento is our old adress. do u know how we change our address?
I have merged your thread with one on the same subject. Have a look through and you may find the info you need,

junglejim
19-11-2013, 22:20
I don´t know if you are registered on the" padron " - if so and you have not de-registered you will still be on the system as the old address so when you present your documents itvwilllookas if you still stay there and they will be none the wiser in Ayuntamiento .
However if you are not on padron you will have to register with evidence and copy from your rental agreement, passport and copy and probably a renewed Certificado de Regisrtro - Goldenmaniac on here will be best to advise you .
Which area are you in Adeje or Arona ?

vickyw28
20-11-2013, 11:21
Hi

We use adeje town hall. Do we need to go to the police station for new residency cards to change our address?

junglejim
20-11-2013, 12:18
If you read my point above , if you have not de- registered on the padron at Adeje you will be able to get the certificate as long as you don't tell them you have moved as they still have you on register.
In reality you will probably have to fill in new forms at police station with new address and re-register on the padron before you can get a Certificdo de Viajes .
Pm Goldenmaniac on here, she will advise you .