View Full Version : Finally joined the forum

Fivepence
04-08-2012, 18:36
I have finally decided to join the forum after many years of occasional browsing.
I was a frequent visitor to the island from 1990 until 2008, when my wife decided she wanted a change. Over the years I have gained lots of useful information from browsing the forum , such as recommended places to eat, bars to visit (and avoid) and where to go for stunning scenery on drives out in a hire car.
I have read threads that turn nasty but also threads full of good deeds and compassion and I applaud those kind hearted members.

I have joined the Forum's fantasy football league for the last few years and think Col Nil Satis has done a fantastic job. In fact the incentive to join the Forum was to enter the league again this year.

I like all sport and was a season ticket holder at Wigan RLFC for 25 years.
Then they sold ground to build a supermarket, I have never been to a game since. Football is the main sport at home now, I enjoy watching most teams but don't support one particular team. My eldest son is a Liverpool fan and my youngest son is a Manchester United fan and he is football crazy, so there is lots of banter in the home when they both visit. I also have a daughter but she likes horse racing and F1. My wife doesn't really like any sport.

This is turning into an essay so I'll end now.

Steve

Harmonicaman
04-08-2012, 18:39
Hiya Steve, nice to know you. Have fun!:hello:

TenerifeFanatic
04-08-2012, 18:46
Welcome! Enjoy!!

AL JAY
04-08-2012, 18:57
Welcome to the forum Steve and good luck in the Fantasy League!:sunburn::sunbathe::cheers::football::footb all::football:

LUCKY
04-08-2012, 19:09
welcome from me have fun:lol:

Delilah
04-08-2012, 22:06
Welcome! :hello:

Sal
04-08-2012, 22:11
Welcome to the forum Steve..................and try Tenerife again - there have been a lot of changes since 2008.
Enjoy!

COL NIL SATIS
04-08-2012, 22:45
I have finally decided to join the forum after many years of occasional browsing.
I was a frequent visitor to the island from 1990 until 2008, when my wife decided she wanted a change. Over the years I have gained lots of useful information from browsing the forum , such as recommended places to eat, bars to visit (and avoid) and where to go for stunning scenery on drives out in a hire car.
I have read threads that turn nasty but also threads full of good deeds and compassion and I applaud those kind hearted members.

I have joined the Forum's fantasy football league for the last few years and think Col Nil Satis has done a fantastic job. In fact the incentive to join the Forum was to enter the league again this year.

I like all sport and was a season ticket holder at Wigan RLFC for 25 years.
Then they sold ground to build a supermarket, I have never been to a game since. Football is the main sport at home now, I enjoy watching most teams but don't support one particular team. My eldest son is a Liverpool fan and my youngest son is a Manchester United fan and he is football crazy, so there is lots of banter in the home when they both visit. I also have a daughter but she likes horse racing and F1. My wife doesn't really like any sport.

This is turning into an essay so I'll end now.

Steve

Welcome onboard Steve mate,some cracking people here at the Tenerife Forum,so glad you enjoy the Fantasy Football Leagues i run and a massive thank you for the mention,hopefully this season will eclipse all others,great to now have you on the forum ...!! :welcome:

slodgedad
05-08-2012, 01:20
Hi, Steve and :welcome: to the Forum.

Malteser Monkey
05-08-2012, 12:27
Hi Steve Hope you enjoy our banter !

rotchie
06-08-2012, 19:39
Welcome to the forum Steve

davship
07-08-2012, 07:44
Welcome Sir!

lesbroz
08-08-2012, 20:04
Welcome Steve. Enjoy the Forum!

Fivepence
16-08-2012, 15:00
Thanks for the welcome everyone, I haven't posted since my intro been busy doing not much.
The problem I find now I have retired is that with nothing to do, you never know when you've finished.
:laugh:

molly
16-08-2012, 19:22
As a newbie myself I would like to say Hi from me as well :wave::wave::wave: