PDA

View Full Version : Utilities Water suppliers in Tenerife

garyintenerife
06-08-2012, 09:18
Morning All,

We live in a remote location and are currently having water supply problems. Does anyone know of any companies that deliver water (Drinkable or not) in bowsers?

Our current water supply comes from the Agricola, and we are having nothing but hassle with them and would prefer to get our water delivered, so we know we will always have water.

Failing that, are there any other water supply companies that do the mains water? (Something like Thames Water over Southern Water, Northumbrian Water etc?

Looking forward to hearing from you all!!

KirstyJay
06-08-2012, 18:21
There's only one mains water supplier, and that's Endesa.

mike in chayofa
06-08-2012, 19:21
There's only one mains water supplier, and that's Endesa.

Cough ... cough ...:wow:

I think that you meant Entemanser ...

... but that isn't strictly true.

Current local legislation places the responsibility on the town halls to supply water to municipalities and areas of adoption ny the council, describing it as a compulsory service and making a provision for town halls to declare water reserves for local entities.

The town hall can decide to manage and supply water directly, or via a local autonomous entity or company owned entirely by the town hall, or indirectly, through a concession, an 'interested management' contract, a 'concierto' contract, a lease, or through a company or cooperative whose social capital is owned only in part by the town hall.

In both cases, the town hall has the power to set prices to cover costs of providing the service.

In Chayofa (not adopted by Arona council - despite numerous attemps since 1977 +/-) we have a private water supplier

KirstyJay
06-08-2012, 19:39
Cough ... cough ...:wow:

I think that you meant Entemanser ...Yep... that's the one.

Regarding the rest of your post... was it in English? :eek: It looks like it, but I didn't understand a word!!! :D

junglejim
06-08-2012, 19:47
Yep... that's the one.

Regarding the rest of your post... was it in English? :eek: It looks like it, but I didn't understand a word!!! :D
It's just like sole letting agents only more fluid Kirsty !