PDA

View Full Version : Other Anyone fancy a game of Tennis on Golf del Sur, Tenerife?

carpenter
07-08-2012, 13:03
Hi, I used to keep myself very fit but ever since being on this island I've gained quite a bit of excess weight.

I am looking for someone like minded who would like a game of Tennis a couple of evenings a week. I have very good coordination but serving isn't something I'm very good at.

I know that there are some free courts around the south but I don't know where they are.

Also if anyone has any other free fitness activities/ideas I'm up for it apart from road cycling and running I hate running :)

carpenter
10-08-2012, 19:38
Ok, I've been told that there are some free courts at Green Park, so does anyone fancy a game a couple of evenings a week?

chifleta
11-08-2012, 17:47
<<<< singing "no body loves me, everybody hates me, i'm gonna eat some worms" hahahaha.....

I'm terrible at tennis, I used to be good at the serve, but then my feet would forget to move LOL, plus it's too hot to do anything outdoors, plus I don't drive so too far away from you...... phew hahaha :eyebrows:..... what about Nordic pole walking, it burns a lot more calories than normal walking... mind you, again, too hot at the mo, unless you start out major early in the mornings.

carpenter
11-08-2012, 18:25
<<<< singing "no body loves me, everybody hates me, i'm gonna eat some worms" hahahaha.....

I'm terrible at tennis, I used to be good at the serve, but then my feet would forget to move LOL, plus it's too hot to do anything outdoors, plus I don't drive so too far away from you...... phew hahaha :eyebrows:..... what about Nordic pole walking, it burns a lot more calories than normal walking... mind you, again, too hot at the mo, unless you start out major early in the mornings.

Trying to get anyone to do anything other than go to the pub is very difficult. If I was offering free liposuction I'd be inundated.

telgolf
11-08-2012, 22:10
I'm up at San Andres where we have courts and would be okay to give you a game - I'm going back to the UK in a few days but back here on 28th so if you wish we can meet up when I'm back.

carpenter
11-08-2012, 22:47
great stuff, I'll be in contact later in the month

kingbaker
11-08-2012, 23:12
Hi I always get my washing done there (Ken and Marie) when I'm over, but I've never seen anyone playing...always thought it was owned by

Green Park complex:hello:.

viv
11-08-2012, 23:47
Yes it i owned by Green Park complex. Since there has been trouble with the complex owners etc the courts have not really been looked after!!

chifleta
12-08-2012, 15:19
Trying to get anyone to do anything other than go to the pub is very difficult. If I was offering free liposuction I'd be inundated.

awwww it's true - that's funny, when I moved over here 20 years ago I gave up heavy drinking and visiting the pub, it got old very quick, and I definately wouldn't go for liposuction, I did it all the hard way.... if I wasn't doing Spinning sessions on Tuesdays and Fridays, Body Step aerobics on Mondays, CXWORX and Body Rock on Wednesdays, and circuit training on Saturdays, i'd be more than willing to throw I mean serve some tennis balls at you ummm to you ... you'd have to come pick me up from Fraile though LMAO

carpenter
12-08-2012, 16:41
Yes it i owned by Green Park complex. Since there has been trouble with the complex owners etc the courts have not really been looked after!!

mmmmmm went down there today (Green Park) to have a look at the court. The net is held up by a rope and sags a lot and it's lucky that no one has snorted the lines. What a lovely place!!!

Telgolf has offered a game at San Andreas so I'm sure that that will be a more player friendly place.

viv
12-08-2012, 17:30
Green Park is a lovely place with very friendly people who live there. Sadly they have had trouble with the complex owners not paying the bills etc everything is going through the courts!! So some things cannot be touched before the court give the OK... It is now being run by the GP community of which they are doing a grand job considering what they were left with when Martinez ran off with all the money leaving the whole place in debt and in a state of even worse repair.

Hope you find a nice tennis court soon.. :0)

carpenter
12-08-2012, 17:47
Green Park is a lovely place with very friendly people who live there. Sadly they have had trouble with the complex owners not paying the bills etc everything is going through the courts!! So some things cannot be touched before the court give the OK... It is now being run by the GP community of which they are doing a grand job considering what they were left with when Martinez ran off with all the money leaving the whole place in debt and in a state of even worse repair.

Hope you find a nice tennis court soon.. :0)

Sorry to hear all of the problems at Green Park. I've heard about the corruption and miss management and also the extra payments that concerned owners are having to pay to bring the resort back from the brink.
It's a shame that some of the external features look so bad, I know that there are more pressing matters but first impression are very important wouldn't you agree?

viv
12-08-2012, 20:00
yes I agree first impressions are very important.. Some of the complex cannot be touch until the court make the ruling to say the Community can touch it... The community had to apply for licenses just to fill and repair the swimming pools because the corrupt owners emptied them! Sewer pipes, water pipe, electricity and so on have all had to be replaced. With little or no money because it's all going to pay the debt left behind!!!
On a good note holiday makers who regularly stay in the apartments on GP really enjoy there stay they "probably don't play tennis though!!" but most book to return year on year for which I know GP community are really grateful :0)))