PDA

View Full Version : What is difference between certificate of residence and certificado de registro

Snowdrop
07-08-2012, 17:39
Help I am confused!

"CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCE ISSUED BY THE TOWN OR CITY COUNCIL AS PROOF OF RESIDENCE"

What paperwork do you need to obtain this document, how much is it and how long is it valid for?
Is there a form online? Why do I need it? I already have a certificado de registro de ciudadano de la union, is this something different? Would appreciate some advice please

Goldenmaniac
07-08-2012, 17:42
CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCE ISSUED BY THE TOWN OR CITY COUNCIL AS PROOF OF RESIDENCE - More commonly referred to as an empadronamiento - apply to be added to the Padron at your local town hall with passport, NIE or cert. de registro (green paper or green cardboard card) and rental contract in Spanish or deeds of property that you own.

Snowdrop
07-08-2012, 18:27
We already have an empadronamiento which was given to us by the townhall seven years ago. We also had a rental contract drawn up by the landlord at the same time. Would you know if these documents would still be current, we are still living at the same address

junglejim
07-08-2012, 18:45
CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCE ISSUED BY THE TOWN OR CITY COUNCIL AS PROOF OF RESIDENCE - More commonly referred to as an empadronamiento - apply to be added to the Padron at your local town hall with passport, NIE or cert. de registro (green paper or green cardboard card) and rental contract in Spanish or deeds of property that you own.
In Adeje town hall you need originals and photocopies of documents above to get on the padron, the certificate you get is valid for 6 months but you are still registered.
If you are already registered on Padron you can pay for a new certificate , about €1 .

cainaries
07-08-2012, 20:08
We are very bad about renewing this. It's roughly the same as going on the Electoral Roll in the UK which, to be fair, you are meant to do every year. So 7 years is pushing it a bit. I believe it's every six months here. We tend only to renew it when we need something. But this is not the right approach.

Goldenmaniac
08-08-2012, 08:13
You are normally required to confirm your registration on the padron every 5 years - check with your town hall that you are still listed as current. With regard to the rental contract that will depend on what period it was drawn up for and whether it has an automatic renewal clause, some do some don't.

Snowdrop
08-08-2012, 08:55
Didn't realise that we had to reconfirm our registration with the Padron every five years, so will get down to the townhall asap. Thanks for letting us know Goldenmaniac. Looks like we will have to check out our rental contract as well.

seanocelt
08-08-2012, 11:50
You are normally required to confirm your registration on the padron every 5 years - check with your town hall that you are still listed as current. With regard to the rental contract that will depend on what period it was drawn up for and whether it has an automatic renewal clause, some do some don't.

Diana, our empadronamiento is valid 3 or 4 months. BUT, whether we renew it (rediculous) every few months or not, are we still eligible for the travel document (Arona).? Thanks, Sean.

Goldenmaniac
08-08-2012, 21:28
Diana, our empadronamiento is valid 3 or 4 months. BUT, whether we renew it (rediculous) every few months or not, are we still eligible for the travel document (Arona).? Thanks, Sean.
There is no obligation to renew the empadroanmiento every few months, I highlighted that you re-confirm you registration on the padron (municipal census) every 5 years as a minimum. You obtain a certificate of empadronamiento as and when you need it for whichever authority you are dealing with
If your Padron listing is up to date then you will be able to get a travel document as and when you need it for use in conjunction with your residence registration certificate (green document)

seanocelt
09-08-2012, 02:08
Again, top info from Goldenmaniac, thank you. Any newbies, folks needing help- I endorse here and now what she does; I.E. what it says on the tin, pay for pro- help, take away the pain.

seanocelt
31-08-2012, 14:55
I see Ryanair site is now saying "NEW RULES AS OF 1ST SEPTEMBER"!! Looks same as before to me, a certificate of residence issued by town hall? Im going next week for them, see if its changed, again.

junglejim
31-08-2012, 15:16
Sean , check Diana Mc Glone´s site, she normally updates changes -Green Certificate is registro fromPolice,Certificado de Viajes is from town hall
showing you are on Padron .

http://www.diana-mcglone.com/

Barcelona bound are we?
I found this number I think,for Ryanair at Reina Sofia - might be worth a call?
922 759 693

seanocelt
31-08-2012, 15:49
Cheers JJ. Aye its the town hall certificate. My empadronamiento ran out, only lasts 4 months, think its another 1 of them and a travel cert. Saves 55 bucks on flights for low cost, just a pain! Diana's site says as much, ie, empadronamiento; does this mean the certificado de viajes is obsolete? See....pain in the a...e!