PDA

View Full Version : Other Where is your favourite apartment in Tenerife?

Jackalina
09-08-2012, 17:30
I know lots of the people on the forum live in Tenerife but I would be interested to know where regular holidaymakers like to stay. We have a few favourites, azahara, victoria court 1 and 2 and paloma beach.

marbro8
09-08-2012, 17:42
el mirador for us, the location is fab with all our favorire bars and eateries within easy walking distance and there are never more than about 6 people round the pool;)

VideoMem
09-08-2012, 19:04
Hola Jackalina, you have mentioned my favourite in your 1st post which is Victoria Court 2, where we are always well looked after at the STAR site office by Samantha, Martin & Miguel & Team:wave:

Ecky Thump
09-08-2012, 19:31
el mirador for us, the location is fab with all our favorire bars and eateries within easy walking distance and there are never more than about 6 people round the pool;)

A great place for a holiday, as long as you have family and friends there!!!:cheeky:

hackney58
09-08-2012, 20:12
santiago 3 for me is a good location near shops for wife and bars for me.best of all can walk in both directions either to LC or towards porta colon without having to climb any hill's

trevorife2
09-08-2012, 20:31
we stay in the california (out of summer season ) in las americas nice cheap and local to our fave bars and resturants

Medman
09-08-2012, 21:32
Tenerife Royal Gardens for us. Great location.(as per comment on Santiago 3) Own sunbeds on the balcony. Very quiet pool (no pool bar) Good security. On going upgrading of apartments. Most have air-con.

jogger321
09-08-2012, 22:03
Tenerife Royal Gardens for us. Great location.(as per comment on Santiago 3) Own sunbeds on the balcony. Very quiet pool (no pool bar) Good security. On going upgrading of apartments. Most have air-con.

..oh yes and a residential complex

Medman
09-08-2012, 22:24
..oh yes and a residential complex

Very nice residencies yes thanks.

Ecky Thump
11-08-2012, 12:06
Very nice residencies yes thanks.

Oh yes, and hardly a noise at nights.....it must be all the hard working owners being tucked up in bed and us holiday makers respecting this.:sleeping:

johnr
13-08-2012, 16:49
Victoria Court 1 and 2 are my choice

warbey
13-08-2012, 19:50
I like the Seaward end of the Block next to the Bus Station in Cristianos.

Never been in, but what a Location.

Plenty of Dinero, and that's where I would start if I could live there.

ezzy
14-08-2012, 10:57
Santiago 3 for me, lovely location and never any problems when I lived there :))

Jackalina
14-08-2012, 11:24
I like the Seaward end of the Block next to the Bus Station in Cristianos.

Never been in, but what a Location.

Plenty of Dinero, and that's where I would start if I could live there.

Not sure where you mean

warbey
14-08-2012, 20:30
Not sure where you mean

When waiting for a Bus in Cristianos Bus Station, look uphill towards the Roundabout.

This is then at the 12 o.clock mark.
Between 1 and two O.clock is the Apollo Centre and at three is the Long Block of Apartments, running parallel with the Road where the Buses come and go.

The end nearest the Dacil is where I would love to be, for a lot longer than two weeks though.

They are Residential I am sure, but still answers Your Thread question.

Jackalina
14-08-2012, 22:36
Yes I think I know where you mean thanks

theslaters
15-08-2012, 20:06
We like Santa Maria Ground floor pool side easy with the kids non stop can i have can you get please buthavenow out grown the regular place stayed palo blanco the nicer side of the 2 lower end very nice place very quiet ..

marbro8
15-08-2012, 20:21
Tenerife Royal Gardens for us. Great location.(as per comment on Santiago 3) Own sunbeds on the balcony. Very quiet pool (no pool bar) Good security. On going upgrading of apartments. Most have air-con.isn't that where old forum member reggie has a place? thought it was timeshare? we stayed at compostela beach last year and it did look nice

windymiller
15-08-2012, 21:37
we stay in the california (out of summer season ) in las americas nice cheap and local to our fave bars and resturants

We've stayed at the California for the past couple of years. Suits us fine.
It's a great location for everything we want, it's clean and it doesn't cost the earth.

It must be getting more popular as we couldn't get booked in for our next visit in January 2013.
This time we're staying at Tenerife Royal Gardens.
After reading the reviews, we can't wait!

beck1610
23-03-2013, 16:26
Santa Maria every time for us... Seeing as we own an apartment there suppose you could say were biased... :)

Fivepence
23-03-2013, 17:26
When waiting for a Bus in Cristianos Bus Station, look uphill towards the Roundabout.

This is then at the 12 o.clock mark.
Between 1 and two O.clock is the Apollo Centre and at three is the Long Block of Apartments, running parallel with the Road where the Buses come and go.

The end nearest the Dacil is where I would love to be, for a lot longer than two weeks though.

They are Residential I am sure, but still answers Your Thread question.

Is it called 'San Marino' Warbey?

marbro8
23-03-2013, 18:31
Is it called 'San Marino' Warbey?yes m8 it is, the couple who were staying under us at the el mirador complex now long let on there because they were paying about 500 euros a month on el mirador but got a place on there for 350 euros a month, so it makes quite a bit of difference when you are staying for 6 months, tbh i would still have paid the extra 150 to stay on el mirador:)

Rickiebear
23-03-2013, 18:44
Hi, for me it's our own in Puerto. When I am in the UK, cold and wet, I think of my balcony in the sun. We use it for holidays now, and then winter months in retirement. Although knowing the UK weather that will be ever longer.

Susief
23-03-2013, 19:22
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/24/pemavu3a.jpgMines not an apartment but our mobile home on Camping Nauta. Love everything about it! Peace & quiet, lovely big garden, good friends! Can't beat it really!

marbro8
23-03-2013, 20:16
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/24/pemavu3a.jpgMines not an apartment but our mobile home on Camping Nauta. Love everything about it! Peace & quiet, lovely big garden, good friends! Can't beat it really!looks beautiful susief, what price do they usually go for on there?:)

Susief
23-03-2013, 20:23
Anywhere from £12k up to £50k.

They don't age the same as caravans at home that get the elements! Ours is cladded with plastic and built for European market!

Even have air con!

warbey
23-03-2013, 20:26
Is it called 'San Marino' Warbey?

Glad Marbro is about. I wouldn't know the Name.

Looks very much like Residential to Me, with varying Style and condition.

As it avoids any Hilly Bits it would suit Us fine.

marbro8
23-03-2013, 20:27
Anywhere from £12k up to £50k.

They don't age the same as caravans at home that get the elements! Ours is cladded with plastic and built for European market!

Even have air con!wow what a bargain, even at 50k it's half the price of a 1 bed apartment in say los cris or las americas, how far away is it from those places?:)

Susief
23-03-2013, 20:32
wow what a bargain, even at 50k it's half the price of a 1 bed apartment in say los cris or las americas, how far away is it from those places?:)

Think you get more space than an apartment too. Our van is 2 bed!

Think what puts people off is the rents. But we don't have community fees, electric, running water, sewer or rubbish bills to pay.

marbro8
23-03-2013, 20:33
Glad Marbro is about. I wouldn't know the Name.

Looks very much like Residential to Me, with varying Style and condition.

As it avoids any Hilly Bits it would suit Us fine.it's a massive complex warbey, a decent bar underneath called the herritage bar, and as big as it is we have never seen any one round the pool:laugh: as it is a residential complex they are probably at work all day:)

warbey
23-03-2013, 20:41
And Refreshments at the Apolo across the waywhen required.

I like the Idea of Camping Nautxxxx as well, .Just along from the Golf I think.

Flats Noise and community Charges put Me off. Youre right Susief

Susief
23-03-2013, 20:44
And Refreshments at the Apolo across the waywhen required.

I like the Idea of Camping Nautxxxx as well Just along from the Golf I think.

Flats Noise and community Charges put Me off. Youre right suesief

Yes us too, hence why we bought caravan, had it since 2008.

It's in the banana plantations, not far from Costa del Silencio and Las Galletas.

Think drawback is that you need a car as bus stop for Los Cris/PDLA is a good 20 min walk! But only 10 mins to Los Cris in car!

marbro8
23-03-2013, 20:44
Think you get more space than an apartment too. Our van is 2 bed!

Think what puts people off is the rents. But we don't have community fees, electric, running water, sewer or rubbish bills to pay.my parents bought one over here in the uk a few years ago for £100,000, they went to live in torquay while it was being built, but they didn't like the owner of the site, and the fact that every one knew your business, so they sold it for £150,000 a couple of years later and he took 30% of the selling price the robbing ****:mad:

Susief
23-03-2013, 20:47
my parents bought one over here in the uk a few years ago for £100,000, they went to live in torquay while it was being built, but they didn't like the owner of the site, and the fact that every one knew your business, so they sold it for £150,000 a couple of years later and he took 30% of the selling price the robbing ****:mad:

That's one of drawbacks in UK. Don't have that problem at Camping Nauta, site owners don't get involved in the sales!
Don't have to buy gas etc on site either like a lot of sites in UK.

warbey
23-03-2013, 20:50
Yes us too, hence why we bought caravan, had it since 2008.

It's in the banana plantations, not far from Costa del Silencio and Las Galletas.

Think drawback is that you need a car as bus stop for Los Cris/PDLA is a good 20 min walk! But only 10 mins to Los Cris in car!

I think that's an Asset. Peace and quiet, off the beaten Track, but only 10 Minutes to Cris by Car..

What's the Taxi Fare. About 10 Euro.? Daytime Rate of course.

Susief
23-03-2013, 20:52
I think that's an Asset. Peace and quiet, off the beaten Track, but only 10 Minutes to Cris by Car..

What's the Taxi Fare. About 10 Euro.? Daytime Rate of course.

Yes something around that rate. We usually hire a car from Autoreisen at airport.

Warbey a big thing is nobody above or below!

marbro8
23-03-2013, 21:02
Yes something around that rate. We usually hire a car from Autoreisen at airport.

Warbey a big thing is nobody above or below!that's a massive plus, and that is why we have my cousins place on el mirador:wink: because there is no one above you, we have had so many problems with inconsiderate gits moving furniture at all times of the night it really does spoil your hols:mad:

Susief
23-03-2013, 21:05
that's a massive plus, and that is why we have my cousins place on el mirador:wink: because there is no one above you, we have had so many problems with inconsiderate gits moving furniture at all times of the night it really does spoil your hols:mad:

We stayed on El Mirador a few years ago and was a great complex until halfway through our hols the neighbours moved in upstairs! Also could hear baby crying 2 doors away!
It's well placed. Love the strip!

warbey
23-03-2013, 21:05
Yes, I spotted that. I'll buy it.......lol

Spend enough time There and it would be worth having a small Runabout and Taxi to and from TFS.

IF facilities exist to do so.. Oh.......and no Timeshare or Lookie Men.......= Heaven.....

Susief
23-03-2013, 21:10
Yes, I spotted that. I'll buy it.......lol

Spend enough time There and it would be worth having a small Runabout and Taxi to and from TFS.

IF facilities exist to do so.. Oh.......and no Timeshare or Lookie Men.......= Heaven.....

Got one for sale, friend has one too! lol

warbey
23-03-2013, 21:16
Got one for sale, friend has one too! lol

I wish. marbro8 has all the Money.....:tiphat::tiphat:

Susief
23-03-2013, 21:20
I wish. marbro8 has all the Money.....:tiphat::tiphat:

Haha good old Marbro!

We have friends that stay in Summerlands and quite like them, handy for everything.

Quite like Borinquen near the PDLA bus station isn't far from bars/restaurants! Quite an old building but the apartments are nice inside!

marbro8
23-03-2013, 21:22
I wish. marbro8 has all the Money.....:tiphat::tiphat:i owe most of mine to santander mate:laugh:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Haha good old Marbro!

We have friends that stay in Summerlands and quite like them, handy for everything.

Quite like Borinquen near the PDLA bus station isn't far from bars/restaurants! Quite an old building but the apartments are nice inside! stuart and andy was advertising a nice apatment on summerlands i think? 1 bed only about 90,000 euros great views and location:)

Sal
23-03-2013, 21:36

A great place for a holiday, as long as you have family and friends there!!!:cheeky:

We are lucky enough to have friends with apartments on El Mirador - we love it there!

warbey
24-03-2013, 21:48
We usually go to a Hotel, and with Transfers etc We feel We dont spend much more

than Someone in self Catering.

I have been having a look around, and find that One Bedroom Apartments between now and June are roughly £250.00 upwards Weekly.

Airfare and Transfer added to that must come to near a Thousand. Add Shopping Cooking and washing up to that too.

Is self Catering in an Apartment therefore worth doing.?

Under 200 and Habitable would become My ideal Apartment.

CIM
24-03-2013, 22:28
Yes we have one on Summerland for 90,000€
Also have one on San Marino for the same price.
The El Mirador penthouse I have is on for 140,000€ - big price difference!!!

i owe most of mine to santander mate:laugh:

stuart and andy was advertising a nice apatment on summerlands i think? 1 bed only about 90,000 euros great views and location:)

marbro8
24-03-2013, 22:40
Yes we have one on Summerland for 90,000€
Also have one on San Marino for the same price.
The El Mirador penthouse I have is on for 140,000€ - big price difference!!!i know which one is the better value if you are on a budget but still want the same amenities:wink:

We usually go to a Hotel, and with Transfers etc We feel We dont spend much more

I have been having a look around, and find that One Bedroom Apartments between now and June are roughly £250.00 upwards Weekly.

Airfare and Transfer added to that must come to near a Thousand. Add Shopping Cooking and washing up to that too.

Under 200 and Habitable would become My ideal Apartment.tbh warbey you would probably get a studio apartment for £200 but we pay £350 for a one bed for 10 days on in my opinion one of the best complexes in los cris we normally pay around £500 for flights but we have paid cheaper, around £300, we normally take food from home for breakfast and lunch like corned beef (tins) salmon and cheese, and go out every night for drinks and a meal depending on where we eat we can spend 60 euros at la conda or 16 euros at taylors lounge, so if you look at it and plan it well you could get a studio and cheap flights for around £500 making it a cheap break, obviously you would have to add 50 euros for taxi to and from airport:wink:

Rickiebear
25-03-2013, 07:41

Under 200 and Habitable would become My ideal Apartment.

Hi, we stay in Puerto, rarely pay more than £150 return from Bristol. No need for luggage. Take bus from airport for 9€.

It works for us.