PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork Where can I get UK passport photos done in Tenerife?

berni
10-08-2012, 10:27
Hi there

Does anyone know where to get passport photos done, its so long since the last time all the booths seem to have gone?

ruffus
10-08-2012, 10:40
In the photo copy shop next to Ofi Papel at Los Cristianos or opposite the Police Station at Las Americas.

anegib
10-08-2012, 10:49
There is a booth on top floor of Punta Larga in Candelaria.

junglejim
10-08-2012, 10:58
There is a booth at shopping centre in San Eugenio just before escalator also a photo shop across from Police Station .

carpenter
10-08-2012, 12:03
Booths are no use to you if you want UK type passport photos.

Booths have a white background and produce smaller prints than required. Your photos will be rejected and sent back

The UK require a photo to be taken with a grey or cream background I'm fairly sure and a larger size print.
I got mine done at the photo shop next to Tele Pizza in Los Cris a couple of hundred yards up the duel carriage way on the left towards Las Americas from the Apolo center.

It cost me €10 for a professional photo and the prints cuts to correct size.

obs
10-08-2012, 12:23
Very good carpenter, I've used them before, and he even lets you preview them on the screen before he prints them.
If you don't like the original, he will take another one for you, without extra charges. :tiphat:

davship
10-08-2012, 13:23
Hi there

Does anyone know where to get passport photos done, its so long since the last time all the booths seem to have gone?
any decent photographic shop should have the facilities and they know the correct rules for how the picture should look.

chifleta
10-08-2012, 17:57
there's a photo shop in Galletas and a new one (well old but moved to new location.... again) in El Fraile....

KirstyJay
10-08-2012, 22:49
any decent photographic shop should have the facilities and they know the correct rules for how the picture should look.And you can print the rules off in Spanish from the UKinSpain website and take them to the shop with you. That's what I did at my local photographers and he's done about 4 sets of different prints for me now and it was only about 3 or 4 euros per set of 4. That's Foto Toño in Guia de Isora.
berni, it would help if you told people where you are located so that we're not just naming places all over the island ;) :)

slodgedad
11-08-2012, 02:19

Booths have a white background and produce smaller prints than required. Your photos will be rejected and sent back

The UK require a photo to be taken with a grey or cream background I'm fairly sure and a larger size print.
I got mine done at the photo shop next to Tele Pizza in Los Cris a couple of hundred yards up the duel carriage way on the left towards Las Americas from the Apolo center.

Good point C. The days of any old snap have gone.

The photos must be correct.

My daughter, who had her UK passport renewed last year, had her photos rejected because a wisp of hair, which we never noticed, partly interfered with one of her eyes.

berni
11-08-2012, 06:39
Thanks everyone, all done and dusted, now on to the residencia renewal!!

carpenter
11-08-2012, 10:23
Ever had that feeling you've wasted your time completely? :laugh:

So you didn't want UK passport photos after all..............

junglejim
11-08-2012, 11:54

I had my passport renewal photos done this June in an approved booth (in Tesco in UK ) 4pictures 4 quid -passport 77.50

carpenter
11-08-2012, 14:23
I had my passport renewal photos done this June in an approved booth (in Tesco in UK ) 4pictures 4 quid -passport 77.50

errrrr Tenerife Forum mate! Not many UK passport approved booths over here. Not last time I looked anyway!
Get some sleep :)
:sleeping:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Not many Tesco's either :)

junglejim
11-08-2012, 14:49
What ?Are you the new mod ?
Your comment was:
I was pointing out that booths are permissable if approved !

carpenter
11-08-2012, 14:59
What ?Are you the new mod ?
Your comment was:
I was pointing out that booths are permissable if approved !

look at the title, your comment was in reference to a booth in St Eugenio. I said it won't be any use.
Where did it say are booths in UK ok to use?

chifleta
11-08-2012, 17:08

lucky thing... I had my passport renewed last month ... photos El Fraile 4€ (I think) ... passport sent to Madrid plus fee to courier back to me 194€ eek2::wow::crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2::cry ing2::crying2::crying2:

carpenter
11-08-2012, 18:21
lucky thing... I had my passport renewed last month ... photos El Fraile 4€ (I think) ... passport sent to Madrid plus fee to courier back to me 194€ eek2::wow::crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2::cry ing2::crying2::crying2:

ouch
I sent mine to the in-laws to post it from their address in London they then sent my new passport to me here. The whole thing including special delivery about £80. just for future reference :)