PDA

View Full Version : Candelaria is simply too hot for comfort!

Canarian Weekly
10-08-2012, 10:50
Annual pilgrimage is postponed as another heatwave threatens Tenerife THE annual pilgrimage to Candelaria, one of the high points in the Tenerife calendar, has been postponed – because of the abnormal heat! Tomorrow (Saturday), more than 250,000 people from all over the islands and mainland were expected to converge on the tiny, picturesque village, on [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/candelaria-simply-hot-comfort/)

anegib
10-08-2012, 11:38
I can vouch for the heat here in Candelaria, it is unbearable. There are still people walking on the mountain road regardless of the heat!

Suej
10-08-2012, 13:25
I can vouch for the heat here in Candelaria, it is unbearable. There are still people walking on the mountain road regardless of the heat!

We're on yellow alert today and orange for tomorrow for the North and the South!

davship
10-08-2012, 13:28
Such a pity. Have heard about this event when we have stayed in Callao Salvaje and have always always wanted to attend. It must be a great dissapointment for the regular attendees. Could this not be just posponed or is this a religous festival? (sorry for my ignorance)

Balcony
10-08-2012, 14:30
It is a shame if one of the celebrations has to be postponed. I'm looking at the tremperatures om my computer right now and it says Arona 33C so sympathies as we in Londo n bask at 25 C. We're soon heading to SW France, however, where it is 35 C!!!