PDA

View Full Version : Other Can my complex turn off the water and electricity legally?

grumps
10-08-2012, 13:05
The administrator of my appartment complex has just given me a letter for my landlord stating they are going to turn the power and water off in 5 days due to unpaid bills. Can thet legally do this to me...? Any advice gratefully recieved..

rgds-grumps

golf birdie
10-08-2012, 13:09
The administrator of my appartment complex has just given me a letter for my landlord stating they are going to turn the power and water off in 5 days due to unpaid bills. Can thet legally do this to me...? Any advice gratefully recieved..

rgds-grumps

water no, power, I can't see how if the bill is in the owners name?

timmylish
10-08-2012, 13:24
water no, power, I can't see how if the bill is in the owners name?

But what recourse does the communidad have to recover outstanding bills whilst all the other owners have paid these bills?
I fully appreciate the dilemma faced by the O/p. Have you paid the rent up to date. If its due why don,t you suggest that you pay this outstanding sum and deduct from you rental payment. Is this the first that you have heard of this problem. Are you able to contact your owner direct or are you going thru' an Agency?
Seems to me that no-one is talking. You have to get them talking to resolve this whole issue asap. Best of luck in dealing with this.

grumps
10-08-2012, 13:35
The figure owed is apparently 5 digits so i don`t think offering to pay anything is going to help..Anyway i`ve just given the letter to the landlord and he says he`s going to sort it..the admin said he has tried everything to get him into the office but he never turns up..!

seanocelt
10-08-2012, 17:43
Had a similar problem, agent told me contractually i could go to a hotel and chrge it to the landlord. I asked the agent to relay that too him, he fixed it toute suite...............(fees owed were 500, hotel bill would have been similar).