PDA

View Full Version : Other What is the normal cost for Spanish teachers and interpreters in Tenerife?

Tenerifelass
10-08-2012, 20:02
Hello,
Does anybody have any idea:
1) How much does a Spanish teacher charge you for Spanish conversation - one to one?
2) How much do medical interpreters charge you per hour?
Thanks

cressrt
10-08-2012, 21:02
PM "Spanish Teacher", she is English and will be able to help you.

KirstyJay
10-08-2012, 22:39
1) How much does a Spanish teacher charge you for Spanish conversation - one to one?

RE: Teaching, it will really depend on the level you are teaching, how much prep you have to do and whether or not you have to rent premises and pay your social.

Tenerifelass
11-08-2012, 13:36
done a couple of courses, know some grammar and got sufficient vocab, so dont need any teacher-student style lessons, I only need a native Spanish person to give me conversation lessons, talking slowly, and correcting my errors. Obviously he/she should be more knowledgable about the language that the average person.
A friend suggested a teacher who charges 20 Eu/hour. I live on a limited budget. Is it a fair hourly rate?

lch
11-08-2012, 14:01
Hi. The interpreters I know charge 15€ first hour, then 10€ per hour. If you need them to provide you with transport this is extra. I have a friend just returned to Tenerife who does Spanish lessons she is Spanis but speaks fluent English and has teachers qualifications . I can ask her what the costs are if your interested.

Tenerifelass
11-08-2012, 17:14
Pls do, and let me know how much she charges, and where she is based (near Adeje?). many thanks

KirstyJay
12-08-2012, 00:46
There's an academy in Guia de Isora called forum 4. (see my sig) although the Spanish classes are seperate from mine, I think they are around 12-16€ per hour. Give them a call. :)