PDA

View Full Version : Science teacher needing information about work opportunities in Tenerife

adamgregory
12-08-2012, 17:40
Hi there everybody, I am writing this on behalf of my fiance who is a science teacher. We are wanting to move to the south of tenerife however there is only one school. (Wingate) I'm wondering if anybody knows whether teaching jobs come up very often in the school. She should have no problems in getting a job there as she has a 1st class degree in physics,a Masters degree and already holds the position of head of physics in one of the best As levels schools in Manchester. I'ts just whether a job comes up..... any info at all would be great :) thanks Adam

MrsTT
12-08-2012, 17:58
You need to look at the website for the school http://www.wingateschool.com/ and submit a CV to the head. You never know if you might be in the right place at the right time.

There is another large school in the north of the island http://www.britishschooltenerife.com/ which may also provide employment opportunities.

adamgregory
12-08-2012, 18:12
Thanks for your reply, I dont suppose you know how far away from las americas is from that school as I will be setting up a business there and would need to commute :)

Megaloo
12-08-2012, 18:33
If you are meaning the British School in the North it takes about 1 1/4 hours more if you get caught in traffic ?.. I can do the South Airport from Puerto de la Cruz in an hour so you could work it from there.

adamgregory
12-08-2012, 19:00
Oh thats good to know, i thought it would be a lot longer than just over an hour. suppose we could just live half way between las americas an the school :)

TenerifeTeddy
13-08-2012, 11:24
I hope your fiance manages to find employment at one of the schools. If she found work in the British school in Puerto de La Cruz, then a nice village between the two is Abades. Itīs about 30 minutes from Los Cristianos, and probably 45 minutes from Puerto de la Cruz.

The village has only low rise buidlings - and a very nice beach area. It's a bit windy there, but a very pretty place to live.