PDA

View Full Version : How can I get a social security number in Tenerife under the new rules?

mariben
13-08-2012, 14:04
Hi, Some help here would be very much apppreciated. My partner is retired and will now get free medical treatment, so today we made our way to Los Christianos to get the Social security number, then we can take the S1 forms and other relevent documents to Granadilla.
When we got to Los Christianos we were told that it has changed and they only issue social security numbers for people who want to work, and we would have to go to Granadilla where they will issue you with a social security number there. We don't want to get to Granadilla only to be told different. So if anyone can give us some information on the that would be great. Thank You

obs
13-08-2012, 15:43
pm forum member goldenmaniac.... ;)

mariben
13-08-2012, 16:50
Thank You have just sent PM to goldenmaniac

mike in chayofa
13-08-2012, 16:56
...... We don't want to get to Granadilla only to be told different. So if anyone can give us some information on the that would be great. Thank You

Yep.. Take all your documents to Granadilla ... 1st floor ... bottom left hand button for a ticket (I'm sure it is that one)

Present your documents. They will stamp it 'entrada' (after checking everything out) and then take this to the social security office in Valdes Centre

primrose
13-08-2012, 17:08
Yep.. Take all your documents to Granadilla ... 1st floor ... bottom left hand button for a ticket (I'm sure it is that one)

Present your documents. They will stamp it 'entrada' (after checking everything out) and then take this to the social security office in Valdes Centre

Make sure you have an appointment at Granadilla before you go they won't see anybody without an appointment now.

mariben
13-08-2012, 17:13
Make sure you have an appointment before you go they won't see anybody without an appointment now.Do you mean I need an appointment in Granadilla or Valdes Centre in Los Christianos or both.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Present your documents. They will stamp it 'entrada' (after checking everything out) and then take this to the social security office in Valdes Centre Why did they say at the social security office in Los Christianos that its all changed and they do not issue social security numbers for medical care, will they issue a social security number at Granadilla? and why after being at Granadilla do I have to go back to Valdes Centre, Los Christianos.

primrose
13-08-2012, 17:33
Yes Granadilla, when we went to do ours there was nobody in but they wouldn't see us we had to make an appointment for the day after.

mariben
13-08-2012, 21:03
Yes Granadilla, when we went to do ours there was nobody in but they wouldn't see us we had to make an appointment for the day after.We were told as he is a pensioner he is entitled to free health care but he has to register the S1 form with the Spanish authorities up at Granadilla and they will issue him a paper card so the he can register with a GP then at a later date he would receive a plastic card. The social security number we were told we could get at Los Christianos but they said no we had to go to Granadills to get that as the system had changed, its all very confusing. Thank you for your help

primrose
13-08-2012, 21:30
When we went to Granadilla we had to take NIE and Residencia, Empadrimiento,
and S1 all the paperwork was done while we were there and we were given a temporary A4 size paper with a Social Security Number on. We then registered with a Doctor, the plastic card took about 6 weeks to arrive.If you don't speak Spanish you will need to take an Interpreter with you as they don't speak English, and don't forget you will need to make an appointment.Hope this helps.

mariben
13-08-2012, 23:10
When we went to Granadilla we had to take NIE and Residencia, Empadrimiento,
and S1 all the paperwork was done while we were there and we were given a temporary A4 size paper with a Social Security Number on. We then registered with a Doctor, the plastic card took about 6 weeks to arrive.If you don't speak Spanish you will need to take an Interpreter with you as they don't speak English, and don't forget you will need to make an appointment.Hope this helps.

Thank you primrose you have told me what I wanted to know. We will make the appointment tomorrow. cheers

mariben
20-08-2012, 14:17
We have an appointment for thurs will let you know how we get on.

mariben
23-08-2012, 13:59
We have an appointment for thurs will let you know how we get on.
Well today we went to Granadilla 10.15am appointment, we took passport + copy, Certificado de Registro has N.I.E number on it + copy,
Certificado de Empadronamiento + S1 forms from the UK at 10.30am we were walking out the door with the document to register with your doctor, we went straight to the health centre to register we were given a paper Tarjeta Sanitaria to use until we receive the plastic card. As we had all the documents there the only question we were asked at Granadilla was our post code, much better to have it all done up in Granadilla, it was easy to do.

emm
27-09-2012, 17:10
I'm also having trouble. I need to get my two boys, husband and myself registered at the doctors. My husband has a social security number and a work contract, although the contract is only short term. I went today to los cristianos only to be told myself and my boys cannot get our own social security numbers. we need to go to granadilla. If we have to go on my husbands social security number, will they accept his short term contract and will he have to take time off work to be with me to do this. alternatively if I can get the boys their own number, would we then have to pay for treatment at the doctors? Any advice would be genuinely appreciated.