PDA

View Full Version : Who do the Bonobus discounts apply to?

Snowdrop
14-08-2012, 11:30
Found this on the TITSA Website. Does this apply to all pensioners over 65 on low rents or just to Spanish penioners and what paperwork is required to obtain this discount?

Bono Mayores
(DESCUENTO DEL 70% SOBRE
TARIFA BONIFICADA)
 Para mayores de 65 ańos de
renta baja.
 Lo podrán obtener todos
los perceptores de una
pensión no contributiva,
independientemente del
nivel de renta familiar.
 Tendrá un saldo de 12 euros.
 El bono actual de 6,5 euros será válido
hasta agotar su saldo.
 Podrá adquirirse en las estaciones de TITSA y
paradas de Metropolitano.

KirstyJay
16-08-2012, 16:47
Bono for Old People
(70% DISCOUNT ON BONO RATE)
For over 65 year olds with low income.
Available to all recipients of a non-contributory pension, independent of your level of family income.
You will have a balance of 12 euros.
The current voucher is valid at EUR 6.5 to reduce your balance.
It's available at stations and TITSA Metro stops.

It doesn't say what paperwork you need.

junglejim
16-08-2012, 16:57
ask on their facebook site , you will get an answer in English

KirstyJay
16-08-2012, 17:14
ask on their facebook site , you will get an answer in EnglishEhem... she just got the answer in English on here too ;)

junglejim
16-08-2012, 18:34
I was alluding to paperwork Kirsty!

Bazz
16-08-2012, 19:34
Bono for Old People
(70% DISCOUNT ON BONO RATE)
For over 65 year olds with low income.
Available to all recipients of a non-contributory pension, independent of your level of family income.
You will have a balance of 12 euros.
The current voucher is valid at EUR 6.5 to reduce your balance.
It's available at stations and TITSA Metro stops.

It doesn't say what paperwork you need.

Old people? Not very nice! How would you like to be called "old people"? Hardly make you feel good.
Much prefer to be called elderly.

KirstyJay
16-08-2012, 19:41
Old people? Not very nice! How would you like to be called "old people"? Hardly make you feel good.
Much prefer to be called elderly.Apologies. Elderly then... in Spain it's referred to as 'tecera edad' or the third age.

Snowdrop
18-08-2012, 17:32
junglejim I posted this question in English on the FB website and the answer I received was as follows:-

6. BONO MAYORES CABILDO 12 €: Uso exclusivo en líneas Interurbanas y Metropolitanas. Válido para el Tranvía. No válido en líneas urbanas de Santa Cruz, Adeje y La Laguna. Descuentos en función del trayecto, siendo de 0,35 € el mínimo de percepción y un 70% adicional en el resto de trayectos. No tiene derecho a transbordo. De venta exclusiva en nuestras estaciones y en las oficinas de Metropolitano. El usuario deberá acreditar su condición de jubilado presentando el carnet en vigor o en su defecto escrito emitido por el Cabildo acreditando que la renovación está en curso (válido 3 meses.).

I did a google translate and this is the English translation

6. MAJOR BONUS CABILDO € 12: Exclusive use in metropolitan and interurban lines. Valid for the tram. Not valid for urban lines of Santa Cruz, Adeje and La Laguna. Discounts depending on the route, with the € 0.35 minimum charge and an additional 70% in the rest of city. You have no right to transfer. Sold exclusively at our stations and the offices of Metropolitan. The user must prove his retired status by presenting the card in place or else writing emanating from the council stating that the renovation is ongoing (valid 3 months.).
How does one prove their retired status over here by I presume going to your local Cultural centre, there must be another form you use that looks as if it needs to be updated every three months. Back to paperwork again

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

el carnet en vigor. Would a current passport be sufficient do you think to take along to bus station in Costa Adeje to prove that you are over 65 years old

junglejim
18-08-2012, 19:19
I doubt if passport would suffice,they tend to stick to specified paperwork (and copies) .perhaps asking at one of information centres or Bus Station office ?
If it´s an official document,they´ll want it!
Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wtbQUaC9mE