Blondeshrimp
16-06-2011, 13:55
It's on page four.

DeedeeTipperary
16-06-2011, 13:56
Its second on my list

Vortex Wake
16-06-2011, 13:58
Find out what pages have been trawled by typing >>> site:www.tenerifeforum.org (http://www.tenerifeforum.org) <<< into Google search - from what I can see there are hundreds of pages that have been indexed.

Remember the 'site:' no space before the domain name.

And my Airband radio frequencies in Tenerife thread that I put on .org from day one is number 2 in Google - second only to the same thread on .com :)

sunspot
16-06-2011, 13:58
i put in tenerifeforum.org and it came up on page 1
typed tenerifeforum also up on page 1

Suej
16-06-2011, 14:04
Same here it was third hit on the page, the other one had first two slots.

markcuk
16-06-2011, 14:06
4th page for me if searching 'tenerife forum' used to be on first page

doreen
16-06-2011, 14:07
I posted yesterday that just putting "Tenerife" into UK Google brought up the forum on page one - does again today, one place higher

sunspot
16-06-2011, 14:07
I am using internet explorer and tenerifeforum.org is on page 1
Johns using google chrome and tenerifeforum.org is on page 4.......which is very good for the short time its been running

Malteser Monkey
16-06-2011, 14:11
I am using internet explorer and tenerifeforum.org is on page 1
Johns using google chrome and tenerifeforum.org is on page 4.......which is very good for the short time its been running

oh yes page 4 - that's not good enough !!! This morning it was top of page 1

I'm going to make a tab for it - should have done that long ago

doreen
16-06-2011, 14:19
Find out what pages have been trawled by typing >>> site:www.tenerifeforum.org (http://www.tenerifeforum.org) <<< into Google search - from what I can see there are hundreds of pages that have been indexed.

Remember the 'site:' no space before the domain name.

And my Airband radio frequencies in Tenerife thread that I put on .org from day one is number 2 in Google - second only to the same thread on .com :)

9410 results - nice to see What is a Gherkin pages one to three :lol:

Pooh
16-06-2011, 14:26
Results may vary depending on which Google is used (.co.uk or .es, or some other).
Also, this early on, it's probably jumping up and down a bit. Should stabilize the coming weeks.
Google is also suspicious, and the fact that the site is so new is penalized. I've never heard about any site being on page 1 after only a couple of weeks online - and probably not Google either - so their system may flag our Forum as a site trying to manipulate the system... hopefully not for long, though.