PDA

View Full Version : Other Which is better for a budget holiday - Laguna Park 2 or Castle Habour?

ezzy
14-08-2012, 14:11
Hi guys

Me and Tony have decided to do a budget holiday as he wants me to be his 'tour guide' around Tenerife. DIY is coming out more expensive sp package it is me thinks. It appears to be a toss up between castle habour in Los cris and laguna park 2 Adeje however both have there pros and cons. I don't always like to go based on trip advisor and the such because often it can be a place for people to vent. However if you guys were to choose which would you go for? Any help very much appreciated as always! as stated we are looking to venture around and about rather than use hotel facilities. Both hotels are coming out around 450 - 500 in total for 2 people, studio with flights

Cheers :spin:

berni
14-08-2012, 14:20
Hi there

Both are very basic, however Laguna Park 2 is way up cardiac hill and unless you are very energetic or sober on your way home, a taxi is a must, also depending on where your room is you may have to get a lift and use stairs to get to the pool. Castle Harbour on the other hand is nearer to shops and bars etc

If it was me I would go for Castle Harbour

timmylish
14-08-2012, 14:39
imo. Both are similar in that you need mountain boots to get home again! Is there not any further choices to let us give you some help here. Just to clarify. Castle harbour is about 70 mtrs in altitude whereas Laguna Park 2 is about 74 so not much difference. 70 metrs. don,t sound much but its the sudden incline which causes the problems!

ciderhunter
14-08-2012, 15:03
If you are a pair of young things looking for discos and noisy partying 'till dawn, then you are better off in Laguna Park. If you are a mature couple looking for a nice relaxing time, then Castle Harbour is for you.

ezzy
14-08-2012, 15:15
I could with a cardiac hill lol. Thanks for your replies :)

Timmylish hmm well there's a few in las Americas, preferably I'd rather stay just outside this area but places such as paradero, playflor, pro blanco, playa azul.....

seanocelt
14-08-2012, 17:24
Las Floritas, and the Columbus have been doing great deals lately on booking.com and travel republic. Both are on the PDLA/Los Cris border, the bus routes and are only up a slight hill from the beach areas. Good Luck.

ezzy
14-08-2012, 19:33
Thank you, been trawling through the last two days, just awaiting a call back whoop xx

ezzy
16-08-2012, 00:52
Finally booked, thanks for your help peeps :)) xx

seanocelt
16-08-2012, 01:41
Where did you get a deal?

ezzy
18-08-2012, 23:01
Travel republic thanks again :)

ShellDylan9112
22-05-2013, 13:23
where did you pick I have booked Laguna Park 2 and am starting to worry about this hill I have my mum dad my son and I and my mum and dad 71 & 72 and my son in pushchair

ShellDylan9112
22-05-2013, 13:26
I am very worried about my holiday now.

I have booked the Laguna Park 2 for budget reasons but am very worried about this holiday now.

My parents are 71 & 73 and I have a little boy in a pushchair.

?????????

Bhamannette
22-05-2013, 14:01
Hello Shelly
What are your concerns?
I have never stayed there as I have an apartment in the complex next door but Ive been told its clean, good value, and they have good entertainment, my husband uses the bar and says its very nice and not too badly priced, you are in walking distance to a lot of great bars and restaurants too.
It is on quite a steep hill but friends of ours who are around your parents age but fit, have managed the hill quite well, if not, there are loads of taxis that can drop you there for about 5 euros if you are coming from the beach. Im sure you will have a great time.

ShellDylan9112
22-05-2013, 14:25
My Mum and Dad are quite fit however its more the fact that even in the hotel there is a long walk just to get to and from the pool how long does it take to walk the hill ?

junglejim
22-05-2013, 16:33
You will be getting taxis up the hill -budget for it!

blondie
22-05-2013, 21:17
My advice to you is to read the latest Trip Advisor reviews and then decide . There is no point waiting until you arrive and then wishing you had did something beforehand. Taxis will add a lot to theprice of your holiday.is it worth taking the chance?

Red Devil
22-05-2013, 23:42
I think you will find the apartments are budget because of the hill, but it really isnt the end of the world!
It will take about 15 mins downhill to nearest beaches/shops/restaurants/shopping centre then taxi back should be about 4 euro, shared between 3 of you?
Are you sure there isnt a courtesy bus from the apartments also?
The areas you will walk to, San Eugenio, Fanabe and Puerto Colon will have everything you will need for a super holiday so dont stress, just look forward to it.

sundownersvince
23-05-2013, 00:48
Oh dear, Tenerife is a smallish volcanic island the peak of which eclipses most European mountains. No matter where you go really if you want to venture out from your hotel you will be confronted by a fairly steep hill one way or another! As already stated a €4 taxi ride will overcome the problem. You could of course cancel and go to the Maldives instead as I believe nowt there is more than 2 metres above sea level but that 10 hour flight would be enough to put me off not to mention the extra £600+ each. Enjoy, I'm sure you will. :wink:

kiwiphil
23-05-2013, 08:50
How about considering the angle that you WILL eat and drink alot more than normal and the extra exercise will be good for you? You don't need to rush it, after all you are on holiday, so time is irrelevant. So staying there you will get some exercise to balance life out and be able to the excesses without guilt.

Lenz13
28-05-2013, 14:01
Hi, I have stated in both these apartments and both are up a steep hill quite far from the coast. Of the 2 I would would choose Laguna Park 2 but if you can afford Laguna Park 1, which is at the bottom of the hill in San Eugenio, that is much closer to everything you need. Good Luck Lenz