PDA

View Full Version : Wanted I'm looking for a place to stay in La Orotava, Tenerife

9Ben10
14-08-2012, 16:56
Hey Everyone,

I'm starting teaching in La Orotava in September, and I'm looking for a place to stay in La Orotava or Puerto de la Cruz whilst I find my feet. Does anyone have or know of a place I could stay for a couple of weeks? Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

KirstyJay
16-08-2012, 16:21
I can't help with the accommodation, but I was just interested... where will you be teaching? :)

9Ben10
16-08-2012, 19:27
Colegio La Milagrosa. Why'd you ask?

KirstyJay
16-08-2012, 20:16
Colegio La Milagrosa. Why'd you ask?
Because I have worked as an Auxilar de Inglés in Spanish public school for 5 years along with over 300 other people in the Canaries and if you are being put in a public school and employed by the Consejeria de Educación to work in the Spanish Public system when our cases for unfair dismissal due to the fact that they 'allegedly' illegally employed us all as autonomous workers rather than give us fijo contracts are still going through the courts, I know a few lawyers that would be interested in the fact... so just for information purposes :)

Your school is 'concertado' though, which is private, but state funded to an extent, therefore not included in our 'judicio'. Thanks! :)

deepdivejunkie
17-08-2012, 14:56
Hello,
Is this link any use to you?

http://www.airbnb.com/s/la-orotava