PDA

View Full Version : Other Bank Holiday in Tenerife today!

Suej
15-08-2012, 11:30
I have only just realised it is a Bank holiday today so in case any members were thinking of going shopping I don't think all the shops/Banks will be open! ;)

slodgedad
15-08-2012, 11:37
Wish I'd have remembered. I've just been to the ferreteria. Wondered why there was o traffic...Duh

TF1
15-08-2012, 12:06
National holiday, mainland as well. Heard it on Spectrum FM´s fiesta alert!

garlicbread
15-08-2012, 12:12
C'mon guys get with it

Today is a BIG day in TENERIFE.

Pilgrims from all over the island visit the Black Madonna known as the Virgén de La Candelaria. She is the Patron Saint of the Canary Islands and was discovered on a beach in 1392.

Canarian emigrants have spread her fame and she is widely worshipped across South America as well.

Oh, and by the way it's ALCALA Fireworks tonight

Suej
15-08-2012, 12:39
C'mon guys get with it

Today is a BIG day in TENERIFE.

Pilgrims from all over the island visit the Black Madonna known as the Virgén de La Candelaria. She is the Patron Saint of the Canary Islands and was discovered on a beach in 1392.

Canarian emigrants have spread her fame and she is widely worshipped across South America as well.

It was going to be a Big shopping day for me in Santa Cruz!!! Here's me trying to inject a bit into Spain's economy and they're wasting it on blady fireworks!:crazy:

carpenter
15-08-2012, 13:10
Anyone know if Iceland and Mercadona are open in Las Chaf?

Suej
15-08-2012, 14:03
I doubt either the Mercadona or Iceland in Las Chafiras will be open but Iceland in Los Cris or Las Americas usually are being as they are in tourist areas!

chifleta
15-08-2012, 22:35

oh sugger (with a b) and OH wanted me to go fishing with him tonight over that way whilst we waited for my lad to finish work at midnight so we could pick him up, and I couldn't be bothered :( I love fireworks..... oh well, i'll just have to wait for the San Casiano ones here in Galletas weekend after next :)