PDA

View Full Version : Biggest 'non-event' ever news story?

Harmonicaman
18-08-2012, 10:10
Does anyone out there have any serious interest in reading about a stone being zapped by a laser? Life on Mars? We can't even get humans to survive comfortably on Antarctica! Waste of money.com (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19302886)

TOTO 99
18-08-2012, 11:01
Me.....

It's not for us, it's for our future generations.

It's like a modern day Christopher Columbus. One day the knowledge will be invaluable. :tiphat:

KirstyJay
18-08-2012, 11:33
I'm interested too... :)

Greg
18-08-2012, 12:00
Me too. When you look back in awe at all the scientific achievements over the last century (or even in our lifetimes!) just imagine what we will have in say another 400 years. I think everything we've ever imagined or seen in scifi movies will be eclipsed by future technology including space travel. And we've got to start somewhere, you have to respect and admire the people who make it their lifes work finding the answers to unlock the future.
:tiphat:

ciderhunter
18-08-2012, 17:44
It would be really interesting if the rock took offence at being blasted and then blasted the Curiosity rover back. It's time someone stood up to these Yanks.

Harmonicaman
18-08-2012, 18:23
It would be really interesting if the rock took offence at being blasted and then blasted the Curiosity rover back. It's time someone stood up to these Yanks.
Thanks ciderhunter...thought it was just me for a bit there...:laugh: