PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Moving in 6 weeks.

Siobhan
18-08-2012, 13:23
Ok, here goes. ???
I have several questions to ask, and although the answers may have been posted before can anyone enlighten me on this thread. Thanks.
I am going to be living with my elderly parents, so have no accomodation issues, but I need to ask about:
1. I am an undischarged bankrupt, I know there are no issues with me moving as have had this confirmed with OR, but do I have to declare my bankruptcy to open a Spanish bank account? Would just be a basic account that I would want.
2. I have no job to come out to and may just mainly be a carer for my parents, therefore I will be a dependant of theirs. I am 51 yrs old. They have lived on the island for 8 years. I am hoping to gain some form of employment in time, but if I am still un employed past the 3 month deadline, does anyone know where I stand?
3. What paperwork will I need to bring out with me? Do I need my birth certificate?
4. How do I go about the health care service. From what I gather I can't apply for an S1 form at this moment.
5. Do I inform the NHS and Tax office that I am moving abroad? I have an EHIC valid until 2015.
6. Have full UK driving licence, I know I can use this to drive in Tenerife but would I be better converting to a Spanish licence?
I am sure there are a load more questions I need to ask, but just can't think at the moment.
Anyone's help and advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

KirstyJay
18-08-2012, 16:49
Your questions are wide and varied, and there is much information that answers some of them already on the forum. Therefore you need to search for the existing threads and then ask each independent question on its relevant subject thread if the information there doesn't fully answer your question. Thanks :)

Ok, here goes. ???
I have several questions to ask, and although the answers may have been posted before can anyone enlighten me on this thread. Thanks.
I am going to be living with my elderly parents, so have no accomodation issues, but I need to ask about:
1. I am an undischarged bankrupt, I know there are no issues with me moving as have had this confirmed with OR, but do I have to declare my bankruptcy to open a Spanish bank account? Would just be a basic account that I would want. Start a new thread HERE (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/forumdisplay.php?10-Living-in-amp-Moving-to-Tenerife) with the prefix of 'finance'
2. I have no job to come out to and may just mainly be a carer for my parents, therefore I will be a dependant of theirs. I am 51 yrs old. They have lived on the island for 8 years. I am hoping to gain some form of employment in time, but if I am still un employed past the 3 month deadline, does anyone know where I stand? Please post this question in THIS (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?t=135) thread
3. What paperwork will I need to bring out with me? Do I need my birth certificate? It depends what you want to do... this is a very vague question
4. How do I go about the health care service. From what I gather I can't apply for an S1 form at this moment.
5. Do I inform the NHS and Tax office that I am moving abroad? I have an EHIC valid until 2015. These questions should be on THIS (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?t=5264) thread.
6. Have full UK driving licence, I know I can use this to drive in Tenerife but would I be better converting to a Spanish licence? Please ask this on THIS (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?t=1651) thread.
I am sure there are a load more questions I need to ask, but just can't think at the moment.
Thanks in advance

If you search and ask questions in the correct threads on the forum you'll find that they get answered quicker and more succinctly.

Welcome to the forum :)

kingbaker
18-08-2012, 17:04
Ok, here goes. ???
1. I am an undischarged bankrupt, I know there are no issues with me moving as have had this confirmed with OR, but do I have to declare my bankruptcy to open a Spanish bank account? Would just be a basic account that I would want.
2. I have no job to come out to and may just mainly be a carer for my parents, therefore I will be a dependant of theirs. I am 51 yrs old. They have lived on the island for 8 years. I am hoping to gain some form of employment in time, but if I am still un employed past the 3 month deadline, does anyone know where I stand?
3. What paperwork will I need to bring out with me? Do I need my birth certificate?
5. Do I inform the NHS and Tax office that I am moving abroad? I have an EHIC valid until 2015.
6. Have full UK driving licence, I know I can use this to drive in Tenerife but would I be better converting to a Spanish licence?

Thanks in advance
Hi Siobhan,

I don't think that you can have a bank account until you are discharged. (by court order)
I'm not sure that Spain 'does' bankruptcy. It will still have to recognize it from other EU and Shengen agreement Countries.
However this is an interesting question, as probably 20% of Irish mortgage-holders are more that 9 months in arrears and the Irish Govt was trying to
stop or slowdown repossessions. wait till an upturn in the economy and then they try to get car finance on a new car. They'll be screwed for a higher rate of interest............ Yet the Irish Tax payer (including these mortgage-holders in arrears) is bailing out the Banks the tune of €200 billion.

Sorry slightly off topic (but not by much)

I'm sure there'll be somebody along soon who can help and I look forward to the replies.