PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I advertise my bootcamp for free on the Tenerife Forum?

stringfellas
18-08-2012, 14:51
Can anyone on here explain to me why its possible to advertise a business for sale but not possible to advertise on the sports section for a bootcamp course which would benefit a lot of forum members ?

KirstyJay
18-08-2012, 17:14
Why don't you contact the moderator who PMd you and ask the question to them, rather than posting it on the open forum? ;) It's not about whether or not something is of benefit or not. If you make money out of it, the T&Cs clearly state you cannot start a thread about it. You can always pay for an ad, if you like, thus helping the forum out too, as we have to get the money for hosting from somewhere... however if you do not want to, then you can advertise for free within the T&Cs in two ways :

You can put the details in your signature, and it will then be advertised every time you contribute to the community, or if it's a new business, then you can start a thread in the Tenerife Businesses section that will stay open for a week to allow for questions and discussion.

The forum has certain sections where sponsored ads are allowed. Even PAID advertisers can only post about their products and/or services in certain places. This ensures that the forum is not an advertising free-for-all, and is a place where people can ask questions without feeling their being sold to constantly.

Your bootcamp may possibly benefit members, but if it benefits you financially, then it's a commercial advert and why should you be allowed to advertise something you would benefit from financially when other members aren't? We can't have one rule for your product and another for everyone else, it would not be fair.

The full advertising T&Cs are below so you can have a look. As long as your post is within these, then there's no problem :)

Advertising :

Commercial advertising is not allowed. Commercial advertising is deemed as an advertisement for a business, product or service.
You may not start a thread advertising anything, commercially or non-commercially. You are welcome to reply with information about your product or service if a specific question is asked that would warrant an on topic reply.
Sending other members advertising material by unsolicited PM is considered as spamming. Members who do this may be banned permanently.

Balcony
20-08-2012, 18:55
Of course, the way around this is to use the electronic signature that will add an 'ad' to any post. Lots of traders here use it

KirstyJay
20-08-2012, 22:14
Yes, I mentioned this in the options for free advertising in my post above. :)

warbey
21-08-2012, 20:25
Yes, I mentioned this in the options for free advertising in my post above. :)

With an example too.........:spin: