PDA

View Full Version : Other We've just got back from another amazing holiday in Tenerife

DeedeeTipperary
18-08-2012, 17:22
We got back last Sunday night after our second visit to Tenerife and we are going through severe withdrawels :laugh: We stayed in Los Cristianos this visit in Victoria Court 2 and had a fantastic holiday . My lot keep saying it was the best holiday ever !! We had a few visits to Siam Park , one visit to the Monkey Park and walked miles every night to try and see as much of the place as we could .
We ate out every night and quite a few lunchtimes , to name but a few of the great places we ate , The Chill Out , Linares , Teppenyaki ( Spelling ? ) , Showboat 2 , The Olive Garden , and El Burgado . We visited La Terraza del Mar a few nights for the MOST delicious cocktails , it wasnt too far of a walk from our apartment but even if it was many miles we would have made the effort :laugh:
There was little place down the road from us called the Charlotte , where we dropped in for cocktails on our way home a good few nights which were fairly good too , just not as good as La Terraza !
It was a nice bit busier around this visit as we were a few weeks later than last years visit and there was a great buzz to the place . We played mini-golf a few times in Vivos and listened to the brilliant lads who play there , Marc Craig is one lad and I keep forgetting the other lads name .
We played the minigolf on the seafront in Los Cristianos too which is very reasonable and they give a discount if you visit them again . Just across from that minigolf is a restaurant/bar called Tarajales ( SP? ) which had two lads entertaining , one of whom played a saxophone , absolutely brilliant !
One thing that struck me on this visit , and it did last visit too , is how hardworking and pleasant the Tenerifian people are . They work such long hours , and always have a smile on their faces , I can honestly tell you that each and every person who served us, or taxi driver who drove us around , were salt of the earth . Our favourite place to drop into everynight was La Golosa , the icecream parlour , what an amazing selection of home made icecreams :spin: We didnt know what to choose every night .
So its a very big thank you from me and all my family in Tipp and please God we will be back next year :pray:

imablue
18-08-2012, 17:44
good to hear you enjoyed your hols....seems like you really had a ball .... heres to the next time then ....:tiphat:

AL JAY
18-08-2012, 19:05
Glad to hear you had a lovely holiday Deedee! :c2::sunbathe::dancing::sunburn::party4::party4::c heers::cheers2:

seanocelt
18-08-2012, 20:11
We got back last Sunday night after our second visit to Tenerife and we are going through severe withdrawels :laugh: We stayed in Los Cristianos this visit in Victoria Court 2 and had a fantastic holiday . My lot keep saying it was the best holiday ever !! We had a few visits to Siam Park , one visit to the Monkey Park and walked miles every night to try and see as much of the place as we could .
We ate out every night and quite a few lunchtimes , to name but a few of the great places we ate , The Chill Out , Linares , Teppenyaki ( Spelling ? ) , Showboat 2 , The Olive Garden , and El Burgado . We visited La Terraza del Mar a few nights for the MOST delicious cocktails , it wasnt too far of a walk from our apartment but even if it was many miles we would have made the effort :laugh:
There was little place down the road from us called the Charlotte , where we dropped in for cocktails on our way home a good few nights which were fairly good too , just not as good as La Terraza !
It was a nice bit busier around this visit as we were a few weeks later than last years visit and there was a great buzz to the place . We played mini-golf a few times in Vivos and listened to the brilliant lads who play there , Marc Craig is one lad and I keep forgetting the other lads name .
We played the minigolf on the seafront in Los Cristianos too which is very reasonable and they give a discount if you visit them again . Just across from that minigolf is a restaurant/bar called Tarajales ( SP? ) which had two lads entertaining , one of whom played a saxophone , absolutely brilliant !
One thing that struck me on this visit , and it did last visit too , is how hardworking and pleasant the Tenerifian people are . They work such long hours , and always have a smile on their faces , I can honestly tell you that each and every person who served us, or taxi driver who drove us around , were salt of the earth . Our favourite place to drop into everynight was La Golosa , the icecream parlour , what an amazing selection of home made icecreams :spin: We didnt know what to choose every night .
So its a very big thank you from me and all my family in Tipp and please God we will be back next year :pray:

Great to read that review, please spread the word.

TenerifeFanatic
18-08-2012, 20:30
What a heart warming post!! Thanks!!:spin:

BoPeep
18-08-2012, 20:31
So lovely to hear you are all so happy!!

Spread the word, its the greatest place!!

Fivepence
18-08-2012, 20:41
Hello Deedee, glad you had a great time on the island.

In my intro, I wrote that after being frequent visitors to Tenerife every March and November for about 16 years, my wife wanted a change. Apart from a couple of visits to mainland Spain, since then our main holiday destination has been Ireland and although we have visited the main tourist spots like Connemara, Dingle and Kinsale, we always stay in The Premier County. We have some friends that live about 5 miles south of Nenagh on the Thurles Road. We love the peace and tranquillity and because there is no light pollution, on a clear night the stars shine like diamonds in the sky.
I can understand your love of Tenerife because I also miss visiting the island and I think my wife is ready to visit again soon. Tipp is a completely different kind of holiday.
We are over the Irish Sea again next Friday for a 10 day visit and next weekend will be in Cong, County Mayo for 'The Quiet Man' Festival. We travel back to Tipp on the Monday and intend a taking a trip over the Wicklow Mountains during the week. I have also promised my wife that we will go to visit the Donkey Sanctury just outside the village of Liscarroll, County Cork.

Through my frequents visits to Tipp and the numerous friends I have made there, I have become a fan of hurling. Big game this Sunday at Croke Park against The Cats and I will be tuned in to the radio on the internet to listen to the game.

Sorry but once I get typing, I know I tend to ramble on a bit.

Best Wishes
Steve
Up Tipp :goodluck:

Sal
18-08-2012, 20:46
Lovely post Deedee!
We too keep returning to Tenerife and hope to live their some day soon.
It seems to have a magnetic pull for so many people - such a lovely island!

marbro8
18-08-2012, 21:06
great post deedee i posted exactly the same sort of post when we got back in may, members find it so helpful when you have either a good time or a bad one, they can then pick and choose where they eat and drink, because whether you are there for 1 week or 2 just having 1 bad experience eats into your holiday,so thank you:wink:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Lovely post Deedee!
We too keep returning to Tenerife and hope to live their some day soon.
It seems to have a magnetic pull for so many people - such a lovely island!have a look at adeje paradise sal on cim's website, you would not believe the value for money you are getting, if i had the money now i would buy one but alas i think they will be snapped up before we could buy one:(

DeedeeTipperary
18-08-2012, 22:54
Thanks for all your lovely responses guys :tiphat: I have shown all our holiday piccies to all and raved on about Tenerife to all who would listen so hopefully a few might take the trip from Tipp as well as us next year :) We fell even more under Tenerifes spell this time round ! It was great to see new attractions at Siam Park , what a fantastic place we would never get tired of it , as I said we had three visits this time and would have gone more if we were there any longer . We took a taxi there to be there for 9 which was great , we were in got sunbeds and lockers and hit the first ride by half 9 :) Its worth every penny and great that you can get a repeat visit for 16 euros .
I could rave on for ever about our fantastic time but I dont want to put ye all to sleep :)
Thanks Fivepence a very big game tomorrow indeed ! The semifinal against Kilkenny will be a toughie , they are a tough team to play against .
Tiobraid Arainn Abu !! means Come on Tipperary ! I am from South Tipp near the Galtee Mountains and the Glen of Aherlow

Harmonicaman
19-08-2012, 09:34
Thanks for all your lovely responses guys :tiphat: I have shown all our holiday piccies to all and raved on about Tenerife to all who would listen so hopefully a few might take the trip from Tipp as well as us next year :) We fell even more under Tenerifes spell this time round ! It was great to see new attractions at Siam Park , what a fantastic place we would never get tired of it , as I said we had three visits this time and would have gone more if we were there any longer . We took a taxi there to be there for 9 which was great , we were in got sunbeds and lockers and hit the first ride by half 9 :) Its worth every penny and great that you can get a repeat visit for 16 euros .
I could rave on for ever about our fantastic time but I dont want to put ye all to sleep :)
Thanks Fivepence a very big game tomorrow indeed ! The semifinal against Kilkenny will be a toughie , they are a tough team to play against .
Tiobraid Arainn Abu !! means Come on Tipperary ! I am from South Tipp near the Galtee Mountains and the Glen of Aherlow

C'mon the Cats! Cill Chainnigh Abu!:raspberry:

Mia
19-08-2012, 15:12
Hi Deedee,
Such a great post, keep promoting the island.

We felt exactly the same as you, and after a few years of holidays we liked Tenerife so much we came here to retire.
After almost two years we have never regretted our decision and it still seems like the everlasting perfect holiday. :agree: :spin:

Rickiebear
19-08-2012, 16:58
Hi Deedee, once you catch the bug, it stays with you for ever. Soon you will be coming out twice a year, and then..........

kingbaker
19-08-2012, 17:20
Hi Deedee,
Such a great post, keep promoting the island.

We felt exactly the same as you, and after a few years of holidays we liked Tenerife so much we came here to retire.
After almost two years we have never regretted our decision and it still seems like the everlasting perfect holiday. :agree: :spin:

I'll be over permanently, as soon as I find a woman with adequate funds:D

DeedeeTipperary
19-08-2012, 17:46
Oh Rickiebear twice a year would be pure heaven :) With the amount we spend on the two weeks we could maybe cut back and have two holidays but we hate minding our pennies on hols so we eat and drink like kings , and gallivant around the sights and then return home and get back to reality :)
I am depressed enough being home but now after Tipp being thrashed by Kilkenny in the All Ireland hurling semifinal ,I am crying into my dinner:( The better team won today

Rickiebear
19-08-2012, 18:27
Hi, I am not sure you spend twice as much on two holidays as you would spread out what you would do on one holiday. We find eating in Tenerife cheaper than in the UK. And by having a winter holiday you would save on those expensive fuel bills.

And don't forget the sun comes free.

blondie
19-08-2012, 20:04
We too feel as you do about Tenerife, we have been visiting for over 20 yrs nowand since we retired 6 yrs ago have been very fortunate in managing to come over 4 or 5 times a year. BUT and its a big but those halcion days may be over I fear owing to the large price hike in airfares. Ryanair, love them or loathe them have always been our preferred carrier because of their prices, but now they are only flying into Tenerife twice a week from November and even now their prices are much more expensive than a couple of months ago on our last visit.I will remain on my computer for the foreseeable future just in case Uncle Mickey has a change of heart!!

Mia
19-08-2012, 22:26
We too feel as you do about Tenerife, we have been visiting for over 20 yrs nowand since we retired 6 yrs ago have been very fortunate in managing to come over 4 or 5 times a year. BUT and its a big but those halcion days may be over I fear owing to the large price hike in airfares. Ryanair, love them or loathe them have always been our preferred carrier because of their prices, but now they are only flying into Tenerife twice a week from November and even now their prices are much more expensive than a couple of months ago on our last visit.I will remain on my computer for the foreseeable future just in case Uncle Mickey has a change of heart!!#

Hi Blondie,

You have been visiting Tenerife for over 20 years and are now visiting Tenerife 4 or 5 times a year after being retired for 6 years!!!!!!

You still have not moved over to Tenerife permanently!!!!!!

Save all the air fares and book a one way flight.

DeedeeTipperary
19-08-2012, 22:38
We too feel as you do about Tenerife, we have been visiting for over 20 yrs nowand since we retired 6 yrs ago have been very fortunate in managing to come over 4 or 5 times a year. BUT and its a big but those halcion days may be over I fear owing to the large price hike in airfares. Ryanair, love them or loathe them have always been our preferred carrier because of their prices, but now they are only flying into Tenerife twice a week from November and even now their prices are much more expensive than a couple of months ago on our last visit.I will remain on my computer for the foreseeable future just in case Uncle Mickey has a change of heart!!
We flew to TFS with Ryanair for the first time this summer it was 300 euros cheaper than Aer Lingus , it was 1200 euros give or take for the four of us . Our apartment was 850 sterling . Worth every penny ! We overheard people talking in the queue at the airport saying that Ryanair are pulling out of TFS and are going to fly into the North of the island only ?? Hope this is not true as it will put our holiday to Tenerife next year in jeopardy . Aer Lingus will have no competition to TFS from the South of Ireland and will be able to put up their prices .

ddoyle
20-08-2012, 16:34
When Ryanair started to fly into Tenerife they flew into the North Airport it is very easy to get from the North Airport to the South of the Island by bus, so no problems there. Since we moved out here last October we have been on one long holiday hard not to as the weather is so good. So glad you had such a good holiday keep on coming back, sorry the cats beat you again they just keep on winning when it comes to all Ireland.

kingbaker
20-08-2012, 18:28
We flew to TFS with Ryanair for the first time this summer it was 300 euros cheaper than Aer Lingus , it was 1200 euros give or take for the four of us . Our apartment was 850 sterling . Worth every penny ! We overheard people talking in the queue at the airport saying that Ryanair are pulling out of TFS and are going to fly into the North of the island only ?? Hope this is not true as it will put our holiday to Tenerife next year in jeopardy . Aer Lingus will have no competition to TFS from the South of Ireland and will be able to put up their prices .

Hi DeeDee I think that there Is a direct bus connection between TFN and TFS.......About 75 mins extra ONLY!!!!!!

Not sure of its number!! :hello:

Rickiebear
20-08-2012, 18:46
Hi, the 340 and 343 run from Puerto de la Cruz to the south airport via north airport. It maybe that if more airlines use the northern airport, TITSA may add more buses. There is talk of an extension of the rail link.

Megaloo
20-08-2012, 21:48
Also if one misses the direct bus, you can catch the 102 from the North airport to Santa Cruz then the 111 to Playa de las Americas

Rickiebear
21-08-2012, 06:40
Hi, we always catch the local bus from the southern airport to Puerto, and often via Santa Cruz. The 110 to/from Santa Cruz takes less than an hour.

Megaloo
21-08-2012, 09:46
Sorry if I misled and got the number wrong thought it was the 111.

If I am travelling on my own I always get the bus, but as my Husband is disabled that is not possible so have to have a car, so that is why I prefer to go from the North if I can as cheaper to get to, and also go into Heathrow via Madrid which is nearer again to our destination, so have to weigh up costs of car etc.

carolethatch
21-08-2012, 14:02
Then 110 is a direct bus with no stopping after Los Cristianos, so no airport stop. The 111, stops at all the motorway bus stops including the airport. The 110 is always very full, and difficult to get on unless you get on in Americas Bus Station.

kingbaker
21-08-2012, 17:04
Then 110 is a direct bus with no stopping after Los Cristianos, so no airport stop. The 111, stops at all the motorway bus stops including the airport. The 110 is always very full, and difficult to get on unless you get on in Americas Bus Station.

Nice one CT this is important thanks!!!!!! :c2:

Rickiebear
21-08-2012, 18:22
Hi, I have checked the timetable and it is misleading as it does mention the 110 stopping at the airport. So thanks for clearing that up.

PUDCLARKE
23-08-2012, 11:19

We have also just returned (well 9th Aug) and also stayed at VC2 - 3 years running we have been there and love the place. So friendly and safe for the children. Tim,Sylvie and staff in Le Rendevous are so friendly and great with all the children - already booked up for next year :)
Must repeat what DeeDee says - the locals (Spanish and Expats) are so friendly which makes the holiday so much more enjoyable. Highlight of the holiday = all of it apart form the deep sea fishing trip - 10 of us, not a single fish to be seen but plenty of sea sickness:laugh:

DeedeeTipperary
23-08-2012, 18:19
Hi Pudclarke , glad to hear you had a fantastic holiday :) We were probably sitting poolside together:laugh: We absolutely adored VC 2 and if all works out we will definitely stay there again next summer . We had a two bed two bath apartment with a pool view , couldnt fault it in any way . The complex was brilliant and you could hear a pin drop at night !!
My hubbie would love that deep sea fishing trip , but the rest of us would give it a wide berth:laugh:

marbro8
23-08-2012, 19:05
Hi Pudclarke , glad to hear you had a fantastic holiday :) We were probably sitting poolside together:laugh: We absolutely adored VC 2 and if all works out we will definitely stay there again next summer . We had a two bed two bath apartment with a pool view , couldnt fault it in any way . The complex was brilliant and you could hear a pin drop at night !!
My hubbie would love that deep sea fishing trip , but the rest of us would give it a wide berth:laugh:we looked at that complex for my brother and sister in law but we were put off due to having to pay for the use of sunbeds round the pool:(

minimadmandy
23-08-2012, 23:22
we looked at that complex for my brother and sister in law but we were put off due to having to pay for the use of sunbeds round the pool:(

The money collected from the sunbeds gets spent on the complex, so this helps to keep it looking good. Everyone pays including the owners.

PUDCLARKE
23-08-2012, 23:27
And it is money well spent because the complex is spotless. €2 a day for 10 hours is money well spent in my book :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

davship
24-08-2012, 08:52

Glad you had such a fantastic time. The Tenerife tourist board should use your post as adverising!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Glad you had such a fantastic time. The Tenerife tourist board should use your post as adverising!

marbro8
24-08-2012, 12:41
The money collected from the sunbeds gets spent on the complex, so this helps to keep it looking good. Everyone pays including the owners.it wouldn't normally be a problem but there are normally 8-10 of them so working that out over 2 weeks if they spent 10 days round the pool it would cost up to 200 euros, we stay at the el mirador and that complex is spotless and well run as well with free use of the sunbeds, so they are staying there with us in october, maybe it evens itself out over the year depending on what the difference is in community fees?:spin:

DeedeeTipperary
24-08-2012, 17:07
I do agree marbro that it does add extra onto your budget , but one beauty of it is that you do not have people up at unearthly hours queueing for sunbeds to leave towels on them for the day. It ensures that people will use them because they have been paid for :) This year we spent 8 days of our holiday beside the pool , so we paid almost 90 euros on beds and parasols as some days we got two parasols . We knew before we booked that they charged for beds so we were fore-warned :) Susie the lady who opens the pool gate and takes the money is a dote and she even gave me a towel when I mentioned I was off to the shop as I only brought 3 with me . But if we had a bigger family like you said , 200 euros is a hefty amount to fork out , I would look elsewhere .

dc52
06-11-2012, 01:09
Hi all,
We're just back from a great week in tenerife, despite the rain!! we had 6 great nights of great music. Tried lanzarote and Gran Canaria, But they just don't have the music scene. "Soundchasers" and a new group "triple trouble" who also a 2 hour intro as an acoustic secession "acoustic Knights" We also had a night in the magma. the history of music, great show!!
We had one big downer, but it'll not stop us going back in feb. I was pick pockeded evening in las Americas. You think they will not catch you and that you're always aware, but when it happens, you don't notice a thing!! You notice being touched alright, but you're distracted enough to be focussed elsewhere other than your wallet.

Any hawkers getting too close, keep your hand on your bag or wallet. Most of the hawkers are only trying to sell you something. this guy mimmicks that or any excuse to get too close.
DC

dc52
02-11-2013, 17:24
Was looking for 'Acoustic Knights' again this year but believe they are taking a break for the moment. Shame. They are fantastic guitar players. Will be missed. Hoping they're back by New Year.