tonypub
18-08-2012, 20:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-xndZZjM4A

Harmonicaman
18-08-2012, 20:47
Wow!..................

Fivepence
18-08-2012, 20:54
Someone put the video up quickly, just watched him on the telly.
He's great.

AL JAY
18-08-2012, 21:04
He was fantastic!

imablue
18-08-2012, 21:48
i,m not one for really bothering with the likes of x-factor and similar talent ..(less) shows ..but i was on our front balcony and my other half had it on and the voice just hit me like "wow who is that ?"....so watched and thought he was exceptional ....

karinagal
18-08-2012, 23:10
I never watch these reality talent shows, but I was curious and clicked on the video - wow is a bit of an understatement! Incredible! Don't think Asda will be holding on to him for long!!! :D

The undisputed queen of de-nial

Susief
19-08-2012, 09:27
Wow what a voice! Defo be handing his notice in at Asda!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deepdivejunkie
19-08-2012, 10:48
What about the girl who did the Pink tribute act, then messed up her audition after being given another chance.
After her behaviour, I'd be surprised if she ever got a booking in her home town again, or anywhere else for that matter!

anegib
19-08-2012, 11:02
A really exceptional young talent. He was brilliant.

grimley
19-08-2012, 11:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-xndZZjM4A
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/images/smilies/jumping.gif
yes yes yes yes

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

yes yes yes yes grateeeeeeeeeeee:jumping:

Malteser Monkey
19-08-2012, 12:10
Ok and how much did Lou Lou pay to borrow Wayney's syrup ?

was he serious - did he run out of Grecian 2000 (spelling):cheeky:

chifleta
19-08-2012, 17:00
I never watch these reality talent shows, but I was curious and clicked on the video - wow is a bit of an understatement! Incredible! Don't think Asda will be holding on to him for long!!! :D

The undisputed queen of de-nial

Do you remember that advert "i'm a secret lemonade drinker" ... well I'm a "not so secret reality tv fan" hahaha, and no, this isn't my website, but I do watch the programmes on there, i'm (according to my dad and others) "a sad git" but i've got to that age where I don't care what anyone thinks of me hehehe :)

http://www.realitytvfan.org/2012/08/18/the-x-factor-uk-9-episode-1/

the young 16 year old at the end was pretty good too :)

Suej
19-08-2012, 18:52
I love reality TV shows too! I'm Simon Cowell's and Ant and Dec's biggest fan!:jumping: Also love my soaps! that boy from Asda last night is the winner already imo! how amazing was he!!! and the young girl who had written her own song! she was great! We can be happy sad gits together chifleta! Love it!!!!!:tv:

Can't stand those Jeremy Kyle type shows though! find them very depressing!:mad:

chifleta
19-08-2012, 19:33
I love reality TV shows too! I'm Simon Cowell's and Ant and Dec's biggest fan!:jumping: Also love my soaps! that boy from Asda last night is the winner already imo! how amazing was he!!! and the young girl who had written her own song! she was great! We can be happy sad gits together chifleta! Love it!!!!!:tv:

Can't stand those Jeremy Kyle type shows though! find them very depressing!:mad:

ohhhh I love Ant and Dec and IACGMOOH ... is that on soon?

I used to watch Jerry Springer when I was younger, but probably because it was the only progamme I could get on tv over here in English at the time LOL... haven't watched that for years, and I can only cope with about 30 seconds of Jeremy Kyle innit....

My biggest fave is Australias "The Biggest Loser" ... that was my inspiration, along with my mum, to lose weight :)

Malteser Monkey
03-09-2012, 12:50
Ok who else is having enough now - i switched off after 15 mins as we had 2 ad breaks and only 2 contestants - The Daily wotsit reports that there was only 8 mins of actual singing.

Bring back the old ways of auditioning when it was fun, no music, no stage.

Medman
03-09-2012, 15:26
Ok who else is having enough now - i switched off after 15 mins as we had 2 ad breaks and only 2 contestants - The Daily wotsit reports that there was only 8 mins of actual singing.

I mean this most sincerely folks .................. bring back Opportunity Knocks or New Faces !!

Malteser Monkey
03-09-2012, 15:32
I mean this most sincerely folks .................. bring back Opportunity Knocks or New Faces !!

Get you Hughie Green.....

what about name that tune

Medman
03-09-2012, 15:56
Get you Hughie Green.....

what about name that tune

What about it ? That wasn't a talent show :duh: :laugh:

Malteser Monkey
03-09-2012, 16:10
What about it ? That wasn't a talent show :duh: :laugh:

no but a good old show - sorry yes we're on about talent shows - it's the heat in the office 28.2 deg I'm melting !:help::faint::faint:

Medman
03-09-2012, 16:27
no but a good old show - sorry yes we're on about talent shows - it's the heat in the office 28.2 deg I'm melting !:help::faint::faint:

Nothing worse than a monkey in heat !! :tongue:

Malteser Monkey
03-09-2012, 16:30
Nothing worse than a monkey in heat !! :tongue:

More nuts please:cheeky:

Medman
03-09-2012, 17:42
More nuts please:cheeky:

I'm sure there will some more along shortly :D

chifleta
03-09-2012, 19:26

that's why I watch all these programmes through the website I use, the nice lady removes adverts, and I can zap through the waffle/sob stories.....

Malteser Monkey
04-09-2012, 10:24
that's why I watch all these programmes through the website I use, the nice lady removes adverts, and I can zap through the waffle/sob stories.....

hmmm think I'm just going to wait til there all in their categories :cheeky:

chifleta
04-09-2012, 11:20
ohhh noooo, my favourite part of the show are the auditions LOL did you see those poor kids on the sidelines dying of embarrassment of their mum...

Malteser Monkey
04-09-2012, 11:29
ohhh noooo, my favourite part of the show are the auditions LOL did you see those poor kids on the sidelines dying of embarrassment of their mum...

No i got fed up after the first 10/15 ish minutes 2 adverts and just talking - in the beginning would would have seen 10 acts good and bad ! If it was for Barlow I wouldn't bother at all

Harmonicaman
08-09-2012, 20:36
Nice rendition of Bridge over troubled water by 16 year old girl Melanie...

Malteser Monkey
09-09-2012, 11:16
Nice rendition of Bridge over troubled water by 16 year old girl Melanie...

Yes brilliant - I tuned in a while after it had started - so I could miss 3/4 adverts and all the waffle.

Medman
11-09-2012, 12:54
I am still amazed at the facial expressions of the judges and the hysterical cheers of the crowd when somehow has the "audacity" to hit three notes in tune. After all it is SUPPOSED to be a singing contest.

The utter toneless drivel that also participate in this charade are only there to make average singers appear wonderful.

The way they compliment and build up the hopes of average singers to make them believe that they are superstars really annoys me. Young kids heading for an eventual reality check and no doubt mental breakdown because "this is all I have ever wanted to do". That statement angers me even more. If it so important to them, then why do they hang their hopes on a million to one chance of instant stardom instead of getting off their butts and serve an "apprenticeship". :mad: End of rant (for now) :D

So ... why do I watch it ? .......... to let off steam, that's why :D (GOM syndrome)

Ecky Thump
11-09-2012, 13:20
I am still amazed at the facial expressions of the judges and the hysterical cheers of the crowd when somehow has the "audacity" to hit three notes in tune. After all it is SUPPOSED to be a singing contest.

The utter toneless drivel that also participate in this charade are only there to make average singers appear wonderful.

The way they compliment and build up the hopes of average singers to make them believe that they are superstars really annoys me. Young kids heading for an eventual reality check and no doubt mental breakdown because "this is all I have ever wanted to do". That statement angers me even more. If it so important to them, then why do they hang their hopes on a million to one chance of instant stardom instead of getting off their butts and serve an "apprenticeship". :mad: End of rant (for now) :D

So ... why do I watch it ? .......... to let off steam, that's why :D (GOM syndrome)

Well spoken and you a "" :old:"" STILL serving your apprenticeship!!

Medman
11-09-2012, 13:51
Well spoken and you a "" :old:"" STILL serving your apprenticeship!!

Yeh, and lovin' every minute of it. These young whipper snappers ....... :twak:

tonypub
23-09-2012, 21:18
heres my winner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTbcO9qaE5g and here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k9cK_n1mlg&feature=relmfu

chifleta
23-09-2012, 21:24
heres my winner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTbcO9qaE5g and here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k9cK_n1mlg&feature=relmfu

i'll watch the whole programme tommorrow, but she is pretty damn good... the only thing that annoys me nowadays is some of them (including her) cut off words or don't vocalise words properly....

Medman
24-09-2012, 11:14

For once I agree with you Tony .......... :D

i'll watch the whole programme tommorrow, but she is pretty damn good... the only thing that annoys me nowadays is some of them (including her) cut off words or don't vocalise words properly....

Your right, so much warbling stretching out of words. The wee guy who "murdered" Will you still love me tomorrow must be one of the worst for it. But hey, what do we know ?

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2012, 11:33
Corrr Gary's looking sexy isn't he ? You wouldn't say no would you - well you guys might:whistle::D

Medman
24-09-2012, 11:41
Corrr Gary's looking sexy isn't he ? You wouldn't say no would you - well you guys might:whistle::D

Wouldn't know, can't see his face as it's so far up his own backside ..........

Ecky Thump
24-09-2012, 12:01

He looks like a "Nodding Dog" in the back window of a car!!:bootyshake:

He's a condescending a**e, but a very successful one.

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2012, 12:03
Wouldn't know, can't see his face as it's so far up his own backside ..........

He looks like a "Nodding Dog" in the back window of a car!!:bootyshake:

He's a condescending A**e, but a very successful one.

come on lads now :D

Medman
24-09-2012, 12:10

Oh,:D now we are getting the come on from you as we have put you off Gary ..

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2012, 12:19
Oh,:D now we are getting the come on from you as we have put you off Gary ..

impossible on both accounts:D

how is it up there today ? the weather ?

Ecky Thump
24-09-2012, 12:27

The same as "Noddy's" home town.....Its coming down in "Cats and Noddy's):fpull:

Medman
24-09-2012, 12:27

Playing hard to get is not your style so stop it now

Weather is not very pleasant, it's pppppp down

chifleta
24-09-2012, 12:34

nahhhh blondies don't appeal at all.... i've got my tall dark n hairy Guanche thanks :) :grufalo:

sorry but i've gotta agree with the boys today :ashamed:

Playing hard to get is not your style so stop it now

Weather is not very pleasant, it's pppppp down

funny how we alway end up talking about the weather.... fricking hot here again, and muggy, and i've got the oven on with two chickens on the go and a big batch of chicken/veggie soup on the go too for freezing later....... omg i'm mad, SEND SOME RAIN ...

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2012, 12:45
nahhhh blondies don't appeal at all.... i've got my tall dark n hairy Guanche thanks :)

Yes I got a tall dark one (well going grey but then aren't we all)

It's the beard I think - lot more men going for the hairy face these days - it's so manly - am I off topic - getting carried away now

Medman
24-09-2012, 12:49
nahhhh blondies don't appeal at all.... i've got my tall dark n hairy Guanche thanks :) :grufalo:

sorry but i've gotta agree with the boys today :ashamed:

funny how we alway end up talking about the weather.... fricking hot here again, and muggy, and i've got the oven on with two chickens on the go and a big batch of chicken/veggie soup on the go too for freezing later....... omg i'm mad, SEND SOME RAIN ...

Ecky Thump and Carol will bring you a bucket of rain tomorrow

I'm having Heinz chicken soup at the moment but yours sound more like the thing :yum:

chifleta
24-09-2012, 13:17
for those of you that didn't catch last nights x-factor (no adverts) but let it upload for 10 mins first if your internet is slowwwwwwww like mine :) "putlocker" i find is the best link to chose to watch it, two pop up ads will pop up when you click continue and play lol but just x out of them :)

http://www.realitytvfan.org/2012/09/24/the-x-factor-uk-9-episode-9/

right then, bowl of freshly made chicken n veggie soup and an x-factor session is in order... yes I know it's too hot for soup, but i'm trying to shift the last 11 or 13 (fluctuating :crying2:) pounds of fat from my ****.... ooops bottom i meant :D

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2012, 13:21
right then, bowl of freshly made chicken n veggie soup and an x-factor session is in order... yes I know it's too hot for soup, but i'm trying to shift the last 11 or 13 (fluctuating :crying2:) pounds of fat from my ****.... ooops bottom i meant :D

not inches I hope Chiffi ?

chifleta
24-09-2012, 13:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egBlPQpo6H4

she's a good songwriter, I think she'll definately be going places after this show :)

Malteser Monkey
24-09-2012, 13:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egBlPQpo6H4

she's a good songwriter, I think she'll definately be going places after this show :)

in the words of Lou Lou "You remind me of a young......Victoria Wood" just the style not the voice !

kayscakes
25-09-2012, 22:38
Incredible voice, but a little odd looking...!

Agree wholelheartedly on the chicken soup idea... The ultimate 'feelgood' food!

Malteser Monkey
26-09-2012, 11:30
Incredible voice, but a little odd looking...!

Agree wholelheartedly on the chicken soup idea... The ultimate 'feelgood' food!

and rice pudding - the feel good pudding

two best things when not well

chifleta
26-09-2012, 21:31
Yes I got a tall dark one (well going grey but then aren't we all)

It's the beard I think - lot more men going for the hairy face these days - it's so manly - am I off topic - getting carried away now

we're always off topic LOL and I didn't get a notification for the replies grrrrrr getting fed up with this working one day and not the next, bored bored....

not inches I hope Chiffi ?

actually i've lost about 9 inches off my **** so far ... and i'm not joking :spin:

Medman
27-09-2012, 08:20
we're always off topic LOL and I didn't get a notification for the replies grrrrrr getting fed up with this working one day and not the next, bored bored....

actually i've lost about 9 inches off my **** so far ... and i'm not joking :spin:

I thought there was 5 letters in brain :tongue:

chifleta
27-09-2012, 15:45
I thought there was 5 letters in brain :tongue:

LOL that's probably the only part of my body I haven't measured :spin::laugh:

Malteser Monkey
27-09-2012, 16:08
LOL that's probably the only part of my body I haven't measured :spin::laugh:

too much info chifi with one f

chifleta
28-09-2012, 17:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrhRaaK0pss

Anyone seen USA X Factor that's on at the mo too? LOL check out Changyi Li hahahaha

AL JAY
30-09-2012, 20:40
Im sat here cringeing watching it through my fingers,What a load of contrived stage managed bull****!!! They should bring a new rule in "Cry and you're out" and thats just the lads! :redcard: Also sack the make up department :redcard:Apart from that its compulsive viewing!:crylaughing:

honda
01-10-2012, 09:59
Can't believe that shakey Chris is out. ' Is X Factor still a singing competition '....?

tonypub
01-10-2012, 10:56
heres my winner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTbcO9qaE5g and here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k9cK_n1mlg&feature=relmfumy tip is now the bookies favorite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxaeYR6Au5M

Malteser Monkey
01-10-2012, 11:07
I caught a few snippits on Sat night - they all sound the same ??

Is there anyone who is really shining ?

honda
01-10-2012, 11:21
my tip is now the bookies favorite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxaeYR6Au5M

Must agree :wink:

Megaloo
07-10-2012, 21:18
What a turn around Louis must be mad?.

AL JAY
07-10-2012, 21:56

He's a disgrace to the music industry,I don't know how he has lasted so long! Err on second thoughts i think i do! :whistle::wink2::wink2:

tonypub
08-10-2012, 01:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziv1L2SvYuU

nurse ratchet
08-10-2012, 10:52
Apparently downloading music for free is destroying the music industry.
I believe X Factor has done that already without any of my help.

Absolute garbage and an insult to the intelligence of anyone over the age of 5

chris
09-10-2012, 08:42

This is why he did it:

http://vvcap.net/db/rOSlSUCCuwInvLSH1tzS.png

Thanks tonypub

Megaloo
13-10-2012, 23:49
Who do you think will be voted off tomorrow night?

Medman
14-10-2012, 10:19
Who do you think will be voted off tomorrow night?

All of the "Judges" !!

AL JAY
27-10-2012, 22:33
Well that was painful to watch im afraid, Can't understand why they have theme nights at all,the whole show is becoming a joke and should be shelved! Bring back Opportunity Knocks!:whistle:

slodgedad
28-10-2012, 01:24
I saw five minutes tonight in my break and heard an atrocious karaoke version of 'Killing Me Softly'

Took a bit longer than I should so that I could hear a comment.

As soon as Louie said he thought that the warbler was the best he'd seen this series I suddenly remembered why I don't watch it.

Suej
28-10-2012, 11:27
Why on earth did they dress Jade up like that!!! she looked totally uncomfortable on stage! Love her voice but there's just no sparkle there! Shame!

Ella is my winner! Get that Christopher out!!! He'd do well over here though!:idea::D

Medman
28-10-2012, 12:14
Why on earth did they dress Jade up like that!!! she looked totally uncomfortable on stage! Love her voice but there's just no sparkle there! Shame!

Ella is my winner! Get that Christopher out!!! He'd do well over here though!:idea::D

Up to last night I always felt Ella was excellent every week and "won" the show, but thought she was pretty weak last night, not her type of song. The "winner" last night was probably James Arthur.
Regarding song choice; why can't they and their mentors find a perfect song for them EVERY week. How many millions of song do they have to choose from ?? Utter amateurs the lot of them. "Fire the Judges"

carpenter
28-10-2012, 13:50
The most dreadful insult to any songwriter and performer. The X factor is not about talent it's about ratings.
It is like all the so called entertainers over here. They are all stealing other artists success by singing songs that have ALREADY been proven to be popular.

I'm not a fan or anything or anyone that base their career on copying others. Cheats!!!!!!

honda
28-10-2012, 14:19
The most dreadful insult to any songwriter and performer. The X factor is not about talent it's about ratings.
It is like all the so called entertainers over here. They are all stealing other artists success by singing songs that have ALREADY been proven to be popular.

I'm not a fan or anything or anyone that base their career on copying others. Cheats!!!!!!

Didn't like Mike Yarwood then ?

carpenter
28-10-2012, 14:28
Didn't like Mike Yarwood then ?
HA ha, or Joe Longthorne or any of the summertime special cabaret artists.

For me a singer that has nothing original to offer is merely a................... well I can't think of an acceptable word

Suej
28-10-2012, 15:02
Up to last night I always felt Ella was excellent every week and "won" the show, but thought she was pretty weak last night, not her type of song. The "winner" last night was probably James Arthur.
Regarding song choice; why can't they and their mentors find a perfect song for them EVERY week. How many millions of song do they have to choose from ?? Utter amateurs the lot of them. "Fire the pJudges"

James was good last night! Not my thing though. He needs to get his teeth sorted he seems very self conscious of smiling! It's all entertainment! When you look at some of the crap that have made it like the Cheryl Coles in the business some of the XFactor singers are really very good!

slodgedad
29-10-2012, 02:06

For me a singer that has nothing original to offer is merely a................... well I can't think of an acceptable word
Better do away with apprenticeships of all kinds then.

Is there anything you do like?

Seems to me that everything about anything and anyone is crap.

carpenter
29-10-2012, 11:11

That's a very negative statement Slodge I don't know why you feel that way.

I feel that the whole entertainment scene here and the way simon cowell, radio 1 and co are dictating what music is listened to is a cop out and a joke but that is my opinion.
Soundchaser play a variety of classics but are always asked to play their own material, I shouldn't think there are many other entertainers here that can perform their own material, or play an instrument.

Glorified Karaoke in my opinion.
I worked in a rock bar back in the UK that had live bands 3 times a week and that bar had more talent behind the bar (barmen and women) than I've seen in Tenerife or the Xcrement factor

Fivepence
29-10-2012, 11:21

Carpenter seems to be suggesting that originality and the ability to write your own material is the key.
Whilst I agree with him to some extent, it is a rare talent.
I love music, especially live music and there are lots of fantastic singers who can entertain but don't have the ability to write music or lyrics, they are just blessed with a good voice and can entertain.
Anyone remember Morgan who used to perform at The Harlequin bar and Summer Nights?
I thought he was good.

Is the acceptable word you are seeking..............an 'Opera' singer? :cheeky:

honda
29-10-2012, 13:07
Think West Life did ok copying everyone else and singing other peoples songs. Not a fan myself but success speaks for itself, and they have made a few more quid than I am ever likely to make.

Malteser Monkey
29-10-2012, 13:48
Think West Life did ok copying everyone else and singing other peoples songs. Not a fan myself but success speaks for itself, and they have made a few more quid than I am ever likely to make.

I didn't know they were competing ?:D

carpenter
29-10-2012, 17:00

Another manufactured brainless automated boy band who have ridden the backs of more talented musicians and song writers.

That's my point, how many men would or do rate Westlife, Boyzone etc etc as being anything other than poster boys for teenage girls, nice young men to OAP's and If "I was 20 years younger" to desperate housewives but talented musicians? No.

It's money for old rope for the Simon Cowell's and Louie Walsh's of this world. Dress 4 or 5 lads up in a smart suit, throw in a gay one for good measure, get them sitting on stools and smiling to the camera and just as the song builds to it's climax they all leave their stools and take three steps forward with fireworks going off behind them. Or bands like the Wanted and One Direction they follow they exact same format with added stomach cramps and heart attacks thrown in for extra effect. Oh the pain!!!!!!

None of them can do anything other than sing and none of them will be remembered.
The winner of a Scandinavian Pop Idol contest later went on to win world idol his name is Kurt Nilsen

He has been likened to a Hobbit even Downs Syndrome and this guy wouldn't win in the UK because he doesn't look the part. He would never make in boy band because he doesn't look the part.

Take a look at this video of Espen Lind(on guitar), Askil Holm, Alejandro Fuentes, Kurt Nilsen

This guy has talent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1K-c3RSX0c&feature=fvst

honda
29-10-2012, 17:40
I didn't know they were competing ?:D

Would of been voted out by now, by Lousy Walsh instead of that bloody Rylan :bootyshake:

slodgedad
29-10-2012, 21:04
Good jod Cliff Richard wasn't judged like this.

Nothing original, didn't write his own material and chose the Christianity kick.

Hasn't done too bad for himself as a 'karaoke singer'

(I'm not a fan BTW)

carpenter
29-10-2012, 22:01
Good jod Cliff Richard wasn't judged like this.

Nothing original, didn't write his own material and chose the Christianity kick.

Hasn't done too bad for himself as a 'karaoke singer'

(I'm not a fan BTW)

But even he collaborated with the Shadows, would Frank Sinatra be the name he is today with help from the Mafia?
Maybe Simon Cowell is the modern day Mafioso influence in the music industry? Who knows.

slodgedad
29-10-2012, 22:12
But even he collaborated with the Shadows, would Frank Sinatra be the name he is today with help from the Mafia?
Maybe Simon Cowell is the modern day Mafioso influence in the music industry? Who knows.
Music is all about bums on seats and sales.

As a musician I often say something is good even tho I can't stand it.

Just because I don't like it I have no right to call it crap.

carpenter
29-10-2012, 22:20

Yes you do, that's called an opinion!
I'm the first to accept or admit that I have crap music taste because it's not what the populous like or have even heard of.

Political Punk bands like Conflict
Rowdy local Dirty bands that drank themselves into oblivion like the Cropdusters
Folk Singers like Atila the Stockbroker

To me 95% of the music played on Oasis is crap and 99% of music played on coast is crap, and I can say that because that's my opinion. I just wish people would get out more, we've all heard the same music being played for the last 30 years so how about digging around in the archives and see what else is out there.

Music is not about bums on seats, restaurants are about bums on seats, music is a passion not a business like any artist will tell you

slodgedad
29-10-2012, 22:23
Yes you do, that's called an opinion!
I'm the first to accept or admit that I have crap music taste because it's not what the populous like or have even heard of.

Political Punk bands like Conflict
Rowdy local Dirty bands that drank themselves into oblivion like the Cropdusters
Folk Singers like Atila the Stockbroker

To me 95% of the music played on Oasis is crap and 99% of music played on coast is crap, and I can say that because that's my opinion. I just wish people what get out more, we've all heard the same music being played for the last 30 years so how about digging around in the archives and see what else is out there.

Music is not about bums on seats, restaurants are about bums on seats, music is a passion not a business like any artist will tell you

Totally disagree.

How can you call something crap just because you don't like it?

carpenter
29-10-2012, 22:24
Totally disagree.

How can you call something crap just because you don't like it?

How can you call something good if you do?

slodgedad
29-10-2012, 22:31
How can you call something good if you do?
Duh. Moving on

carpenter
29-10-2012, 22:40
Duh. Moving on

whatever Slodge, if you want to carry on liking things you really don't like for an easy life then that's up to you, you can also carry on calling people negative all you want but at least they are not lying to themselves and others around them.

X Factor is a pile a crap IMHO :)

Medman
29-10-2012, 23:46
whatever Slodge, if you want to carry on liking things you really don't like for an easy life then that's up to you, you can also carry on calling people negative all you want but at least they are not lying to themselves and others around them.

X Factor is a pile a crap IMHO :)

In my opinion you have a very high opinion of your opinion.

Agree 100% music is personal taste and thank St Cecilia we don't all have the same taste. Everyone has their opinion, but some people state their opinion without annoying other people. Unfortunately in my opinion you have not yet quite mastered that art. But there is always hope. :D

slodgedad
29-10-2012, 23:51
'Cecelia, you're breaking my heart' (Simon and the other bloke)..Great sentiment

carpenter
29-10-2012, 23:59
Well sorry for annoying a bunch of two faced bigots :D
If you are offended or annoyed by my posts you really do need to get out more

Ecky Thump
30-10-2012, 00:03
In my opinion you have a very high opinion of your opinion.

Agree 100% music is personal taste and thank St Cecilia we don't all have the same taste. Everyone has their opinion, but some people state their opinion without annoying other people. Unfortunately in my opinion you have not yet quite mastered that art. But there is always hope. :D

Yes Mr Carpenters opinions are his own, but not always ours!!;)

Fivepence
30-10-2012, 00:06
I think this tread is heading well off topic!

slodgedad
30-10-2012, 00:08
Not offended at all. But how can you accuse me of bigotry when all your posts are riddled with it.

Whether you like something or not is beside the point. How can you say something is crap when the vast majority disagree?

Fine to say you don't like it but how can you say it's crap?

I daren't tell you who I listen to in private, because if you called that crap you would be in the majority of thoughtless music fans.

Medman
30-10-2012, 00:13
Well sorry for annoying a bunch of two faced bigots :D
If you are offended or annoyed by my posts you really do need to get out more

Quite the contrary; it appears, that to you, all other posters opinions are wrong. A very insular outlook on life. You should get out more, or are you not allowed?

And your comments merely serve to prove my point. Comments without foundation do not offend me, but give rise to a feeling of sympathy towards the poster. Turn the other cheek would be my motto..........:bootyshake:

carpenter
30-10-2012, 09:29
Not offended at all. But how can you accuse me of bigotry when all your posts are riddled with it.

Whether you like something or not is beside the point. How can you say something is crap when the vast majority disagree?

Fine to say you don't like it but how can you say it's crap?

I daren't tell you who I listen to in private, because if you called that crap you would be in the majority of thoughtless music fans.

But with this you've just agreed and pretty much duplicated my earlier post ???

Quite the contrary; it appears, that to you, all other posters opinions are wrong. A very insular outlook on life. You should get out more, or are you not allowed?

And your comments merely serve to prove my point. Comments without foundation do not offend me, but give rise to a feeling of sympathy towards the poster. Turn the other cheek would be my motto..........:bootyshake:

What are you talking about? Who am i to say others are wrong? when have i said that? I said I don't like it and in my opinion it's crap, it hurts my ears. Like slodge if my music collection were to be published on here people would be entitled to call it whatever they want, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

You do not know me but you make your decision on assumption which is the mother of all **** up's.
I don't want or need your sympathy and I quite honestly find your post patronising but that is what you wanted.

Suej
30-10-2012, 11:09
I watched a band from America on XFactor called "Fun" on saturday! now they, to me are talentless! can't even sing! but millions of Americans would disagree with me!:whistle:

Malteser Monkey
30-10-2012, 11:19
I watched a band from America on XFactor called "Fun" on saturday! now they, to me are talentless! can't even sing! but millions of Americans would disagree with me!:whistle:

Yup I didn't think much of them either, It's not until peops have to sing live that we can really tell

Medman
30-10-2012, 11:26
You do not know me but you make your decision on assumption which is the mother of all **** up's.
I don't want or need your sympathy and I quite honestly find your post patronising but that is what you wanted.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I seem to re-call that it was you who implied that we were a "bunch of two faced bigots" which I think you will find is making an assumption based on no foundation. You really ought to read your posts more closely before accusing people of your indiscretions.

You are right I don't know you, and going by your posts that is an ideal situation in my opinion.

Back on topic : X Factor is merely a money maker for Cowell and it doesn't take the brain of Britain to work that out.

carpenter
30-10-2012, 12:08

-----------------------------------------------------------
I seem to re-call that it was you who implied that we were a "bunch of two faced bigots" which I think you will find is making an assumption based on no foundation. You really ought to read your posts more closely before accusing people of your indiscretions.

You are right I don't know you, and going by your posts that is an ideal situation in my opinion.

Back on topic : X Factor is merely a money maker for Cowell and it doesn't take the brain of Britain to work that out.

I said two faced because the point was made by the person in question who will say they like something even when they don't.
If that's not two faced then we are on a completely different page. It's like school sports day that no longer have winners or losers.
The world gone PC mad. If that's the way you want to lead your life by never revealing your true feelings then carry on just don't expect me to.
I tell the truth, I do not post to get thanks, I do not post to offend. It's like everything you have a choice and yours "I hope" is to ignore me or not but don't come back with patronising comments please. You have your opinion and I have mine, no one is wrong.

Back on topic : X Factor is merely a money maker for Cowell and it doesn't take the brain of Britain to work that out

Yeah took you a while though ;) I'd give that brain a rest now if I were you

Medman
30-10-2012, 12:17
I said two faced because the point was made by the person in question who will say they like something even when they don't.
If that's not two faced then we are on a completely different page. It's like school sports day that no longer have winners or losers.
The world gone PC mad. If that's the way you want to lead your life by never revealing your true feelings then carry on just don't expect me to.
I tell the truth, I do not post to get thanks, I do not post to offend. It's like everything you have a choice and yours "I hope" is to ignore me or not but don't come back with patronising comments please. You have your opinion and I have mine, no one is wrong.

Back on topic : X Factor is merely a money maker for Cowell and it doesn't take the brain of Britain to work that out

Ah, life is a box of chocolates and I prefer the soft centres to the nuts.

Must dash, putting the finishing touches to my new opera. :wave:

Suej
30-10-2012, 12:49

Carpenter how do you know that posters are saying one thing but mean another!? only the person posting themselves know this! Sorry I'm just not with you! Are you assuming that most people lie about their feelings/views?:confused: I love watching XFactor (sad as I am) and don't mind admitting it! :laugh:

carpenter
30-10-2012, 13:43
Carpenter how do you know that posters are saying one thing but mean another!? only the person posting themselves know this! Sorry I'm just not with you! Are you assuming that most people lie about their feelings/views?:confused: I love watching XFactor (sad as I am) and don't mind admitting it! :laugh:

Sue it's there in plain text to see for all Post 86 page 9.

Medman
30-10-2012, 14:17

Old Scottish proverb : "One white lie does not make a bunch of two faced bigots".

Back to my opera ............ :wave:

carpenter
30-10-2012, 14:20
I've been told I can't call something crap. But by the same logic I am therefore not allowed to call anything good am I?
It's one thing to dislike something which obviously in this case I do but it's something else to say that you a wrong for liking it which I am not!
So I really don't understand why meddling man and co have got their knickers in a twist.
Apparently on this forum I am not allowed to have my own opinion and the correct way to post is "if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything"

This is rubbish, there's been many a good rant on here because people disagree, but you have to be a communist to stand up and say everyone must be and do the same. I give up.........

Oh god I've just seen how many posts Meddling man has, and you told me to get out more :doh: :wall:

Malteser Monkey
30-10-2012, 14:26
Old Scottish proverb : "One white lie does not make a bunch of two faced bigots".

Back to my opera ............ :wave:

Not getting involved as you lot argue til the cows come home, however I prefer "One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch girl" an old Mormon proverb:D

Medman
30-10-2012, 14:33
I've been told I can't call something crap. But by the same logic I am therefore not allowed to call anything good am I?
It's one thing to dislike something which obviously in this case I do but it's something else to say that you a wrong for liking it which I am not!
So I really don't understand why meddling man and co have got their knickers in a twist.
Apparently on this forum I am not allowed to have my own opinion and the correct way to post is "if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything"

This is rubbish, there's been many a good rant on here because people disagree, but you have to be a communist to stand up and say everyone must be and do the same. I give up.........

Oh god I've just seen how many posts Meddling man has, and you told me to get out more :doh: :wall:

"It's the way you tell 'em" :D

Most of my posts are all about fun ........ you should try it sometime. Then again ...........

And hey Chippy, less of the name calling ! :tongue:

carpenter
30-10-2012, 14:35
Not getting involved as you lot argue til the cows come home, however I prefer "One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch girl" an old Mormon proverb:D

Just don't get the Mormons mixed up with the Morons :)

Malteser Monkey
30-10-2012, 14:42
Just don't get the Mormons mixed up with the Morons :)

There is never any danger of me making that mistake - tho there was this one ex......that's another story:wink2::D

Medman
30-10-2012, 14:52
There is never any danger of me making that mistake - tho there was this one ex......that's another story:wink2::D

I think I hear mooing just round the corner ....... :D

Spill the beans MM ...........

Malteser Monkey
30-10-2012, 14:58
I think I hear mooing just round the corner ....... :D

Spill the beans MM ...........

Only Bleeting in Wales4094

Ecky Thump
30-10-2012, 16:18

If that's not two faced then we are on a completely different page.

Carpenter, just maybe you are misinterpreting what Slodge has said, as a musician, I would have thought that what he is saying is, that he recognises the merits of a piece of music (Good points), but he personally does not like it, which is not being two faced!!.:)

carpenter
30-10-2012, 17:23
Carpenter, just maybe you are misinterpreting what Slodge has said, as a musician, I would have thought that what he is saying is, that he recognises the merits of a piece of music (Good points), but he personally does not like it, which is not being two faced!!.:)

Well if that's what he meant then i'm sure that he is more than capable of saying that himself and doesn't need a spin doctor to speak for him

Ecky Thump
30-10-2012, 17:43

Well if that's what he meant then i'm sure that he is more than capable of saying that himself and doesn't need a spin doctor to speak for him

If you are foolish enough to think that I have tried to interpret what Slodge has said as a act of favoritism towards him, then I think you are suffering from some form of paranoia and that we are all ganging up on you....not the case as far as I am concerned.:)

carpenter
30-10-2012, 18:01
If you are foolish enough to think that I have tried to interpret what Slodge has said as a act of favoritism towards him, then I think you are suffering from some form of paranoia and that we are all ganging up on you....not the case as far as I am concerned.:)

First a spin doctor and now a psychiatrist whatever next :)

Ecky Thump
30-10-2012, 18:11
First a spin doctor and now a psychiatrist whatever next :)

Rational.........:tiphat:

slodgedad
30-10-2012, 20:01
I agree with my spin doctor

Mawkin
03-11-2012, 16:22
I read Lucy has now quit supposed to be sick.

An official statement said: "Lucy isn't well enough to perform this weekend so she has decided to withdraw from the competition. We are all sorry to see her go and wish her all the best for the future. She has been a fantastic contestant."

Malteser Monkey
03-11-2012, 16:47
Oh god yes that's tonight OH at golf all day away so think I will get the Red and sit and suffer it (didn't say how much red did I ) now what nibbles to have - anyone fancy popping round :D:D no ferrets tho' please:flatcap:

slodgedad
04-11-2012, 02:25
I read Lucy has now quit supposed to be sick.

An official statement said: "Lucy isn't well enough to perform this weekend so she has decided to withdraw from the competition. We are all sorry to see her go and wish her all the best for the future. She has been a fantastic contestant."

Wow, you don't know how devastated I am......:sleeping:

Malteser Monkey
06-11-2012, 14:31
http://music.uk.msn.com/features/gary-barlow-the-rylan-clark-years

take a look

DeedeeTipperary
06-11-2012, 14:36
http://music.uk.msn.com/features/gary-barlow-the-rylan-clark-years

take a look

Lol !! Thats hilarious ! Well spotted Malteser Monkey :lol:

Malteser Monkey
06-11-2012, 14:46
Lol !! Thats hilarious ! Well spotted Malteser Monkey :lol:

Thank you !

Megaloo
18-11-2012, 22:20
Who still watches? Shock tonight for Ella perhaps Tulisa will now want Rylan win

AL JAY
18-11-2012, 22:39
I agree it was a shock to see Ella go but i thought her and James sounded awful in the sing off, ten minutes earlier they were 66/1 and 100/1 to go! I also think whoever was responsible for putting a 16 year old in old fashioned dresses and hairstyles needs binning! She looked more Downton Abbey than X Factor :whistle:

I think she will do ok though!

macdonald5
18-11-2012, 22:39
Who still watches? Shock tonight for Ella perhaps Tulisa will now want Rylan win

Yes big shock, Ella one of best ,will be interesting to see eventual winner
Not surprised viewing numbers way down !!

Medman
19-11-2012, 09:32
I agree it was a shock to see Ella go but i thought her and James sounded awful in the sing off, ten minutes earlier they were 66/1 and 100/1 to go! I also think whoever was responsible for putting a 16 year old in old fashioned dresses and hairstyles needs binning! She looked more Downton Abbey than X Factor :whistle:

I think she will do ok though!

You just need to look at Tulisa's fashion sense and you have the answer.
Several people, including the judges were asked why Ella didn't receive the votes, not one of them mentioned that it could be that nobody likes Tulisa, the "urban" Queen. That's part of the problem with this programme; it's too much about the judges and their childish egos.

DeedeeTipperary
19-11-2012, 10:29
Putting Rylan through a few weeks back when he was in the bottom two has come back to bite Tulisa in the b*tt :bite: I bet Gary Barlow feels vindicated by what happened last night as he did predict someone would suffer because of it .

Malteser Monkey
19-11-2012, 11:40
My question - is there really anyone on there that you would pay money to see or buy their records ?

For me no !

Rylan can't sing but it's like before when they keep these "token" acts in - it would be pretty boring just to have a load of peops on stage just singing (even though it's a singing competition) - Rylan makes me laugh

Remember Johnny with the glasses ?

Just my opinion:cheeky:

honda
28-11-2012, 16:33

Johnny Robinson :whistle:

Malteser Monkey
28-11-2012, 17:18

that's him - big fan were you:cheeky:

Bobby
28-11-2012, 17:22

He is making a few bob - saw him on the box recently.

Malteser Monkey
28-11-2012, 17:26

really doing what ?

honda
28-11-2012, 19:34
that's him - big fan were you:cheeky:

Sorry, not really a fan. I thought he was c**p :wink2:

soarey
28-11-2012, 21:44

Hes been on this morning with Philip Schofield and Holly Willowbooby.

honda
29-11-2012, 13:39
Hes been on this morning with Philip Schofield and Holly Willowbooby.

So has David Cameron........ Another Wally :liar:

Medman
29-11-2012, 14:17
So has David Cameron........ Another Wally :liar:

I'm up for it if Holly Willowbooby wants me on this morning ! :eyebrows:

honda
29-11-2012, 16:09
I'm up for it if Holly Willowbooby wants me on this morning ! :eyebrows:

You and me both :agree:

Malteser Monkey
30-11-2012, 13:43
So Rylan will be back on our screens before we know it.........on Daybreak !!!

DeedeeTipperary
30-11-2012, 19:26

How good are you :bowdown: Rylan is on daybreak all next week as the entertainment editor !

YOUNG GOLFER
30-11-2012, 20:02

Should be on TV he comes across as a good lad everyone liked him being around.

Suej
01-12-2012, 19:31
Please! Please! Let it be Christopher that goes tonight! :pray:

Malteser Monkey
01-12-2012, 20:15
How good are you :bowdown: Rylan is on daybreak all next week as the entertainment editor !

inside info :cheeky:

Please! Please! Let it be Christopher that goes tonight! :pray:

hmmmmmmmmm me too tho someone tells us he's not - wonder if his sources will still be right:pray:

tizzywizzy
01-12-2012, 22:30
I watched all of Xfactor tonight and enjoyed it. I think James was by far the best tonight and hope he does go though to the final. Christopher should be the one to go this week.

Malteser Monkey
01-12-2012, 22:35
Blimey I thought James wasn't that good, I couldn't really here his lyrics clearly, but then I'm a fan of the original last song.

sorry to admit I saw Frankie in the 80's in South London - they may not have been playing but I loved Holly J's voice just my past haunting me :cheeky:

Bazz
01-12-2012, 23:30
I thought James' second song was a brilliant version although I didn't really like him much before! I think he's going to win, but as long as Christopher goes out I don't mind who wins. They will all do OK!

primrose
01-12-2012, 23:37
I really don't know what anybody see's in that James I think he is awful and had no personality at all.

AL JAY
02-12-2012, 03:10
I really don't know what anybody see's in that James I think he is awful and had no personality at all.

I agree Primrose he's a one trick pony and being hyped up,thought he done the last one ok-ish! the crap that comes out of that Nicole Scherzinger's gob is also doing my head in! She would give an Aspro a headache! :doh:

Medman
02-12-2012, 13:56
I agree Primrose he's a one trick pony and being hyped up,thought he done the last one ok-ish! the crap that comes out of that Nicole Scherzinger's gob is also doing my head in! She would give an Aspro a headache! :doh:

Fortunately for him he's the best of a bad bunch (now that Ella's gone)

Malteser Monkey
02-12-2012, 22:04
inside info :cheeky:

hmmmmmmmmm me too tho someone tells us he's not - wonder if his sources will still be right:pray:

Well I did tell you, but surely (not shirley) he cant win.................................:doh:

I loved the boys thought their harmonies were great

macdonald5
02-12-2012, 22:44
Fortunately for him he's the best of a bad bunch (now that Ella's gone)

Will be a surprising final without doubt ??!

Julie K
03-12-2012, 00:17
I want Jahmene to win. He's got a fantastic voice.

Malteser Monkey
10-12-2012, 13:51
Ahhhhh I wanted Chris to win to show what a blinkin farce it's become.

So which one of you out there is going to buy James' album:crazy:

primrose
10-12-2012, 14:26
Ahhhhh I wanted Chris to win to show what a blinkin farce it's become.

Well definitely not me can't tell a word he says and I have heard better buskers than him.No wonder they call it the fiX Factor.

Ecky Thump
10-12-2012, 18:25

I've just made a £50 pledge to the "Adolph Hitler Reincarnation Charity" if the wife does not buy it!!:pray:

AL JAY
11-12-2012, 00:02
Well definitely not me can't tell a word he says and I have heard better buskers than him.No wonder they call it the fiX Factor.

James Arthur is the only person who can sing 10 different songs and they would all sound the same,the final song he sang "Impossible" was awful and was like a recurring dirge!

Jahmene should just stay off the helium and go back to stacking shelves at the Asda! I also noticed that Ella still has a blind hairdresser :crazy:

garlicbread
11-12-2012, 00:16
I wanted Lewis Hamilton to win it, I mean Theo Walcott , oh stuff it , they all look the same to me :wink:

Malteser Monkey
11-12-2012, 09:42
James Arthur is the only person who can sing 10 different songs and they would all sound the same,the final song he sang "Impossible" was awful and was like a recurring dirge!

Jahmene should just stay off the helium and go back to stacking shelves at the Asda! I also noticed that Ella still has a blind hairdresser :crazy:

Bril !:laugh:

Suej
11-12-2012, 11:06
Me neither primrose he sounds like he needs an inhaler! what's with all the screaming he does! total rubbish!???

melm
11-12-2012, 19:51
Me neither primrose he sounds like he needs an inhaler! what's with all the screaming he does! total rubbish!???

could never make out a word of what he was singing. Jahmene too much of a warbler for my taste. have read Chris is in Tenerife this week after being too drunk to appear on the final show. dont think he did himself any favours with this behaviour (if you can believe the papers).

Suej
11-12-2012, 20:01
could never make out a word of what he was singing. Jahmene too much of a warbler for my taste. have read Chris is in Tenerife this week after being too drunk to appear on the final show. dont think he did himself any favours with this behaviour (if you can believe the papers).

Yes melm! apparently he was very badly behaved and badmouthed the other contestants too! I always thought he was a bit of a loose cannon! never liked him at all or his voice! perhaps he's hoping to make his name over here in one of the karaoke bars! that's about his limit IMO!:eyebrows: