PDA

View Full Version : Visiting UK with a locked Orange Iphone - Can I use a an Orange UK SIM card ?

Johnny Reggae
19-08-2012, 19:48
Hi,

I'll be visiting the UK for a week shortly and I have an Iphone on a contract with Orange Spain.

Their roaming and internet charges are riduculously high unfortunately, so I wondered if anyone here knows for sure if a prepaid Orange SIM card in the UK will work on a locked Spanish Orange Iphone.

I can't unblock the Iphone as Orange say I have to pay about 200 euros....

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

John

delderek
19-08-2012, 20:18
Hi,

I'll be visiting the UK for a week shortly and I have an Iphone on a contract with Orange Spain.

Their roaming and internet charges are riduculously high unfortunately, so I wondered if anyone here knows for sure if a prepaid Orange SIM card in the UK will work on a locked Spanish Orange Iphone.

I can't unblock the Iphone as Orange say I have to pay about 200 euros....

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

John

Can only comment. that it does not work the other way round. i,e locked to Orange in UK, Spanish Orange card won't work.

Johnny Reggae
19-08-2012, 21:08
Ok, thanks for the reply, I imagine then that it will most likely be the same the other way around too :-(

Megaloo
19-08-2012, 21:31
A friend bought a cheap pay as you go for £25 with £15 calls on and just topped that up when she went to England.