PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Phones I'm having problems getting Telefonica to transfer my line

stringfellas
20-08-2012, 13:18
Can anyone help me?. In April this year I moved house and informed Telefonica that i would need my telephone line transferred. After 3 weeks of continually ringing them they finally installed my line.
After a couple of weeks they cut my line. They then demanded 254 euros they said i owed on my old line because apparently they had installed a new line in my new house and the old line was still running without my knowledge. This was for the standard 40 euros plus non payment charges and reconnection fees. I paid this amount because I need the telephone line for my business. I made a complaint on line and they said they would look at it. They have now cut off my line for a second time and tell me that I owe a further 296 euros, and wont reconnect me unless i pay this amount. I have spent a hour on the phone today and was informed by Telefonica that I have no rights. I pay this amount or I don’t have a phone line. I asked if there is a central office here in Tenerife I could go with a translator and sit down and sort this out but there is not. After informing them that I would denounce them for this they then put the phone down. I am at a loss to know what to do. Is there anyone out there who has experienced the same problem and had any joy resolving the matter.

TF1
20-08-2012, 16:03
Is the line in the company name or is it a private contract? If it´s with a company, you´ll need to make a reclamation here http://http://www.usuariosteleco.es/comoreclamar/Paginas/index.aspx (http://www.usuariosteleco.es/comoreclamar/Paginas/index.aspx)
If it´s a private contract, go to the oficina de consumo at the town hall where you´re registered. Either way will take at least 3 months, but you will win so don´t give up.

chifleta
20-08-2012, 17:54
so far your thread has had 50 views and no replies..... i'm really sorry for you, I absolutely detest telefonica/movistar both, even when they were separate entities, movistar ripped off my OH (bless him) and he's Canarian and speaks the Spanish language perfectly.... just want to say good luck stringfellas, hopefully someone may have an idea how to help you out.

Greg
20-08-2012, 18:22
You were lucky to get an English speaker as Telephonicas call centers are in south America. Try going to Orange or Direct Telecom instead.

Goldenmaniac
20-08-2012, 20:29
Go to your town hall oficina del consumidor (trading standards) and they will make the complaint on your behalf - if you live in Adeje they have one English speaker, but not sure if she is there at the moment, and if you don't live there check out where your office is - The Arona one is in the cultural centre but in any case it's usually near the consorcio or town hall in each ayuntamiento, but you might have to take a translator.
Take all documentation and if possible a "time line" of events with dates in Spanish to help make your complaint as lucid as possible.

They will then tell you exactly what your rights are and if appropriate make the complaint on your behalf.

Greg
21-08-2012, 00:04
Good luck with that. Take a tent an loads of food. You will go from office to office que to que. Don't waste your time!

timmylish
21-08-2012, 00:38
Good luck with that. Take a tent an loads of food. You will go from office to office que to que. Don't waste your time!

What on earth is the point in Goldenmaniac coming on here, giving legal advice and advice on all matters pertaining to life in the Canaries (sic) and Spain in general, only for you to to mock her suggestion which, btw is the only one 13.18, ie 11 hours. I sincerely hope that you never have to seek urgent, clear and comprehensive English advice.

TF1
21-08-2012, 10:50
I did reply yesterday with a link to the government body where you can make a reclamation online, but my reply was blocked .... any idea why?

Greg
21-08-2012, 12:12
What on earth is the point in Goldenmaniac coming on here, giving legal advice and advice on all matters pertaining to life in the Canaries (sic) and Spain in general, only for you to to mock her suggestion which, btw is the only one 13.18, ie 11 hours. I sincerely hope that you never have to seek urgent, clear and comprehensive English advice.

I'll tell you the point: I have had lots of problems with Telefonica and the trading standards people. For the results you get (none) your time would be better employed going to another provider. So Timmylish why do you think that Goldenmanics comment is any more valuable than mine? And just for the record I've live here for twenty six years and my Spanish is far above needing any " urgent, clear and comprehensive English advice"
Do you speak Spanish? Had problems with Telefonica? Had problems with trading standards people? Until you can say yes to all three maybe you should reserve judgement until you are qualified to make one!

timmylish
21-08-2012, 12:37
I'll tell you the point: I have had lots of problems with Telefonica and the trading standards people. For the results you get (none) your time would be better employed going to another provider. So Timmylish why do you think that Goldenmanics comment is any more valuable than mine? And just for the record I've live here for twenty six years and my Spanish is far above needing any " urgent, clear and comprehensive English advice"
Do you speak Spanish? Had problems with Telefonica? Had problems with trading standards people? Until you can say yes to all three maybe you should reserve judgement until you are qualified to make one!

Well, with your clear superiority to the bulk of posters on this Forum, it does amaze me that you failed, with such expertise, to suggest that the O/p go to another provider! Simple and without demeaning the efforts made by Goldenmaniac.

Greg
21-08-2012, 12:55
OK, I concede I didn't suggest going to other providers at the time, an error on my part, Sorry. Also my answer wasn't meant in any way to demean Goldedmaniacs help. I know she is a very helpful source of information. My post was aimed at the uselessness of both these organisations.

Goldenmaniac
21-08-2012, 17:28
sorry Greg have to disagree about the usefulness of the oficinas del consimudor - I grant you some local authorities are better at it than others, but one of the women in Adeje has taken bringing vengeance on the mal-practices of telephony providers almost to biblical proportions!! Arona is OK, Guia is OK there are others not so - maybe you got one - its a postcode lottery.

But for those who haven't been here 20 odd years as we have, its a good starting place.

The main thing is it gets the claim down in writing, something which most consumers don't do (often because they can't if they are Expats) and it's cheaper than a lawyer! :)

TF1
21-08-2012, 17:49
Just to confirm one point (as per previous reply to this post which was censored); if the line is in a company name, you can´t use the oficina de consumo, but will have to reclaim on-line via MITYC. If one of the mods would care to publish the "censored" link, then perhaps the poster could decide what course of action is required.
Another point is that before any complaint is made to consumo, a reclamation must be made beforehand to Telefonica by phone, and it is very important to insist upon getting a reclamation number from them. If they don´t respond within 30 days or you are not in agreement with their response, only then can consumo take up the case.
Regarding the oficina de consumo, I have had excellent results with their assistance against Telefonica when they overcharged me for several months last year, but it did take a few months as Telefonica wait until the last day allowed by consumo to respond to any reclamation.

Goldenmaniac
21-08-2012, 18:04
Yes agreed "entities" SLs SAs etc can't use oficina del consumidor - its for the public - but the OP said they moved house not business.

Regards the reclamación some Ex pats are not able to cope with that, although they may find it easier on line if they have that option set up (password etc) - often the OMIC offices staff will help with that as well, if they know the customer struggles in Spanish, and bi-lingual staff are available, and sometimes one phone call from them is enough to sort an issue - it depends on the complexity and type of complaint.

slodgedad
21-08-2012, 21:13
I did reply yesterday with a link to the government body where you can make a reclamation online, but my reply was blocked .... any idea why?

Sorry, your post was caught by the spam filter and I have had a bit of time off so it was missed. It has now been been approved

FYI:::Anyone that posts a link with less than 10 posts gets caught by the filter as a safeguard against spammers. We normally sort it out immediately but as we are not actively monitored sometimes it takes a mo.

I think you'll agree it's a small price to pay for newbies to protect Forum members from spammers..