PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones Where's the best place to buy a Spanish SIM card in Tenerife?

CarolRaySings
20-08-2012, 19:39
Anyone know the best place to buy a Spanish SIM pay as you go card? We are spending Winter months in Tenerife and need to have a phone contact for when there. Thanks for any advice/help!

Vortex Wake
20-08-2012, 20:18
eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=spanish+sim+card&_sacat=0

berni
21-08-2012, 16:43
Go to Premiere Rentals in Los Cristianos opp what was the Spar in the shopping centre nr El Mirador and get MasMovil it is really cheap especially for phoning UK

Sunterra
21-08-2012, 19:43
If it is more for use to ring back to UK I would recommend Lebara SIM card which is very cheap for UK/internatioanl callls, but slightly more expensive when making local Spanish calls, although I believe they have reduced those rates as well. You can top up your balance on line and they offer services in Spanish and English should you need assistance. Search Lebara on the internet for full details and call charges.

KirstyJay
22-08-2012, 00:43
forum member cowen1000 does them. He advertises on here too.

doingok
24-08-2012, 17:23
free sim here https://www.lebara.co.uk/view/content/p_FreeSIM?productCode=sim_2

and here http://www.lebara.es/prepago/tarifas

Another mobile Spain * 0.09 €
* Lebara to Lebara call (with call setup 29c) ** 0 €
* Calls to landlines in Spain * 0.09 €
* Text messages on Spain € 0.12
* Lebara to Lebara SMS € 0.12
* Picture Messaging € 0.30
* Video message € 0.30
* Voice (call set tarificable) * 0 €
* Call set € 0.29
Internet (after the first MB free) ***

kingbaker
24-08-2012, 17:54
free sim here https://www.lebara.co.uk/view/content/p_FreeSIM?productCode=sim_2

A word of caution.......(1) if you don't use it for 80 or 85 days, it dies and so does your credit. You then need to start all over again.

(2) There are two types in existence. The older one has to have its 'roaming facility' switched online or by telephone, and must be done

in home country If you forget and then go abroad it can't be done and Rule 1 applies. The second type has 'INTERNATIONAL ROAMING' installed already.

If you don't use for 80 or 85 days, even at home, you looooooose your credit and the number. Good value though, I recently rang somebody in Ireland, and talked for about 45

mins and it cost less than £1.00 . ANOTHER PROBLEM.........only accepts British visa debit or credit card despite visa being a world-wide franchise.

I never checked this untill I tried to top-up onlne to get their 'free bonus credit' (following their uninvited text)

As Chifeta would say GRRRRRRR!!:hello:

doingok
27-08-2012, 12:14
I Emailed them and this is there response
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your e-mail.

If you were looking to use lebara sim card in Spain as you said it would be best to use a Spanish sim card. Unfortunately we cant send Spanish sim cards with in the UK. what I would advised is to pick up a Spanish sim card at a Spanish post office. This will be free as long as you load 5 euros. I hope this answers your query.

kingbaker
27-08-2012, 12:46
I Emailed them and this is there response
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your e-mail.

If you were looking to use lebara sim card in Spain as you said it would be best to use a Spanish sim card. Unfortunately we cant send Spanish sim cards with in the UK. what I would advised is to pick up a Spanish sim card at a Spanish post office. This will be free as long as you load 5 euros. I hope this answers your query.

Hi Doingok, Do you mean pick up a 'Lebara sim card' in the post office, or are there others to choose from? Thanks!!:hello:

Leam_Lin
27-08-2012, 12:49
A1 Computers, 1st floor San Eugenio shopping centre, Angela will advise you & not rip you off.

loveyouradsl
27-08-2012, 13:02
BT in Spain have a new SIM card services which is now available thru www.adsltenerife.com although there are no permanence contracts to commit to the services is only with a contract which means you will need a NIE, bank account and utiliy bill to sign up. Customer services is in english and very friendly.

Hope this helps!

doingok
27-08-2012, 16:45
i ask Lebara direct and there have said that the post office do it for free as long as you put 5 euros on it from them. i have tried movie star but that was the same price as o2 and i think o2 was cheaper. Not sure what sim company you want but remember most are free from their web site so if some one is going to sell you one for 20 euro and its only got 10 euros on as credit then you are getting charged 10 euros for something that is free.

Suej
27-08-2012, 16:52
A1 Computers, 1st floor San Eugenio shopping centre, Angela will advise you & not rip you off.

They are really nice couple in A1 I would recommend too! You could also try our member here Witzend MrsTT.

gareth
27-08-2012, 20:19
victorias internet cafe under the barranco apartments lebara sims are free gratis and calls to uk are dirt cheap 5c per min landline 10cent mobiles think there a 20c connection fee on each call gareth

tub
27-08-2012, 20:23
i have used a1 computers they are quite good

kingbaker
28-08-2012, 18:19
i ask Lebara direct and there have said that the post office do it for free as long as you put 5 euros on it from them. i have tried movie star but that was the same price as o2 and i think o2 was cheaper. Not sure what sim company you want but remember most are free from their web site so if some one is going to sell you one for 20 euro and its only got 10 euros on as credit then you are getting charged 10 euros for something that is free.

Hi doingok, a few years ago I bought an AMENA sim card and put about €40-€60 credit in it. I was looking at property at the time, and thought I would be
making loads of calls. Anyway I didn't use much of the credit and returned home. I came back a few months later to find my credit and number gone, also the company gone, and my number allocated to somebody else. Needless to say I don' have a Spanish sim since, and have no intention of getting one either. I had made an expensive mistake!!!!!!!!!! When I was there last, I rented a car for about 10 days for around €120. (Thanks to a tip from TF member Jackie)

Lesson: Learn enough Spanish to know what I'm doing (terms and cons etc.) or leave well alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hello:

doingok
28-08-2012, 18:49
i agree my o2 was cheaper then movie star but going out to live so i will need one,but i wouldn't be putting that kind of money on any sim till i see what they are like