PDA

View Full Version : Registro Civil - doing paperwork to get married in Tenerife

chifleta
21-08-2012, 14:09
So OH and myself decided to give the gym a miss this morning and go to the Registro Civil instead, as, after lots of tooing and froing and chuntering and "blue air" time (that's me not him), we FINALLY have all the paperwork we need to get married, no thanks to the British Consulate who have unknowingly turned our budget marriage ceremony into something slightly more expensive.....

Anyhoo, off we went, arrived at 9.30am so we could take our place in the queue (I had to keep taking a few paces away from the bloke in front as he had whiffy armpits ughhh.... unfortunately where I stood away from him were two smokers ughhh - i'm an ex smoker, the smell makes my nostrils hurt).... couldn't win... breathe through the mouth time yuckkyyy....

So promptly at 10am the doors open, the security guard explains the rules (newborn registry stand to the left, people with appointments wait for your name to be called and anyone else wait by the wall to take your number from the machine)... so we have number 9.... we sit down and wait for 5 mins noting that apart from the lady at the counter dealing with the birth registries, it looked like there were only 2 tables dealing with anyone else... so already needing a nature call, off I rush next door to the Juzgado, through the security machine, which decided to slow me down by beeping every time I went through, so I pointed out the only metal I had on was my rings and the bones on my bra LOL), rushed to the loo (damn that big mug of tea), then rushed back, and they were still only on number 3.

Anway, it didn't really take too long (we were out by 10.45am), it's just boring sat there, though I did get to goo goo over a couple of cute newborns :) - our number comes up fairly quick (chortling to myself as I just know the ones that go in and come out pronto because they're missing paperwork), we go in, state that we want to present our paperwork so we can get married - I actually have all the paperwork in the right order (according to their list) plus I have photocopies AND scanned copies on my computer LOL, and also a couple of extra copies just in case ....

YES I LOVE THAT SPANISH RED TAPE VIDEO :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

So she says, yes all fine.... and then says "do you have any children between you" us "yes" her "oh, you need to bring the Libro de Familia" ... I knew that was coming as soon as she asked about children, but OH's face was a picture of pure anger (very unlike him i'd like to point out), he said "that isn't on the list" and she said "no worries bring it when you come for the official appointment" .... in the meantime i'm sat giggling away to myself whilst rummaging through my folder, and with a flourrrrrrrish I whip out a photocopy of the Libro de Familia saying "here it is, do you need to see the original when we come back?" to which she replied no, but i'll bring the original next time anyways, better safe than sorry LOL....

Just before she finished I also whipped out my little blue stapler and sat it on the egde of the desk with a grin.... I did ask if she'd see the youtube video, but I don't think she got the joke, but I thought I was being absolutely hilarious (though I laughed to myself internally), OH didn't look impressed, he was still miffed about her asking for another piece of paperwork ... bless him, he's Spanish, he should know how it is hahahaha.....

So all going well, next week we have an appointment to "officially" present all paperwork... and then i'm presuming they will give us a document saying we can get married, and then we will have to go to Arona townhall up the hill (the registry office by the Juzgado is horrible) and see what date we can get to finally, after a 20 year engagement, do the dirty deed ... with our 19 year old son as best man :c2::D:dancing::cheer::jump2::marry:

calrie
21-08-2012, 14:18
Wow and well done!
What paperwork do you need?
We are thinking it's about time after a 16year engagement!

junglejim
21-08-2012, 14:18
Thanks for story !
Good luck !
Download the video and take it with you !

http://keepvid.com/

chifleta
21-08-2012, 14:22
Thanks for story !
Good luck !
Download the video and take it with you !

http://keepvid.com/

ohhh thanks for the link :) i'll put it on my tablet and show her next time LOL

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Wow and well done!

are you both Brits? if you are, it'll be doubly expensive .... you basically need (LOL depending what each registry office/townhall specifically asks for) :
If, like me, you're a Brit: current passport, NIE, Birth Certificate with official translation/stamp (you can do that in the Juzgado in Cristianos/Americas, not expensive, less than 20€ I think, maybe even less than 15€ - I got mine free as the cleaning lady knocked paperwork off her desk and lost my phone number, 3 weeks later we popped in to see what was wrong and after profusely apologising, just gave it to us :D ), Certificado de Empadronamiento (don't get that straight away as they do only have a 3 month validity), Certificate of Marital Status (done by lawyer and British thieving gits Consulate), Posting of Bans (Edictos) and Certificate of no-Impediment (done by, guess who? yup, Consulate) ...

My paperwork cost 338€, but if I didn't already have a lawyer, it would have cost another 80€ approx. on top of that, plus the translation service..... so i probably got off fairly lightly, but when you're trying to organising a wedding for as little as possible it's annoying, to say the least. Plus my passport ran out half way through organising it, so another 194€! to the Consulate grrr...

OH (who is Spanish) needed: DNI, Literal Birth Certificate (which his dad sorted out for him, prolly only cost a couple of euros), Fe de Estado marital status (which they did there and then in Registro Civil office - FREE - the same thing will cost you over 200 euros.... go figure), certificado de empadronamiento........

So, average cost per Brit to obtain paperwork 400-500€ EACH
Price for Spanish OH paperwork approx. 5€ MAXIMUM................

It's been pretty stressful only because of the principle of the matter ... i've lived here for 20 years, yes i'm still British, always will be, but it's disgusting the prices they charge at the consulate, and they only do appointments two days a week, and the times I went up there, they weren't exactly rushed off their feet, so why are they only doing official appointments just two days a week... that's another thread, hopefully I won't have to have anything to do with them now (fingers and toes crossed) ...

Hopefully there won't be much else to pay out - I still don't know how much the registry office will cost, if anything!, but I have heard some registry offices on the island charge about 200€

Oh and I did ask about the validity length of the certificates, and she said about a year, which was great, because the lady at the Consulate told me that some Registrars put a 3, 6, or 9 month valid date on some certificates, and then you would have to re-apply AND PAY for up-to-date ones (I know of one Forum member that had to do this)... so that was a great bit of news, as we're not tying the knot this year.

Gives me time to chill now, and practice making and decorating cupcakes for the reception LMFAO though I may change my mind in the meantime, so anyone want to give a quote - I only have 60 guests, but will need 120 cupcakes oink oink LOL

calrie
21-08-2012, 14:57
Omg! I think I'll continue living in sin!Lol

Thank you for the info though and congratulations on getting this far :goodluck:

timmylish
21-08-2012, 15:14
Yet another opinion expressed on the extreme overburden in the UK Consulate here!

It's been pretty stressful only because of the principle of the matter ... i've lived here for 20 years, yes i'm still British, always will be, but it's disgusting the prices they charge at the consulate, and they only do appointments two days a week, and the times I went up there, they weren't exactly rushed off their feet, so why are they only doing official appointments just two days a week... that's another thread, hopefully I won't have to have anything to do with them now (fingers and toes crossed) ...

cainaries
21-08-2012, 17:44

are you both Brits? if you are, it'll be doubly expensive .... you basically need (LOL depending what each registry office/townhall specifically asks for) :
If, like me, you're a Brit: current passport, NIE, Birth Certificate with official translation/stamp (you can do that in the Juzgado in Cristianos/Americas, not expensive, less than 20€ I think, maybe even less than 15€ - I got mine free as the cleaning lady knocked paperwork off her desk and lost my phone number, 3 weeks later we popped in to see what was wrong and after profusely apologising, just gave it to us :D ), Certificado de Empadronamiento (don't get that straight away as they do only have a 3 month validity), Certificate of Marital Status (done by lawyer and British thieving gits Consulate), Posting of Bans (Edictos) and Certificate of no-Impediment (done by, guess who? yup, Consulate) ...

My paperwork cost 338€, but if I didn't already have a lawyer, it would have cost another 80€ approx. on top of that, plus the translation service..... so i probably got off fairly lightly, but when you're trying to organising a wedding for as little as possible it's annoying, to say the least. Plus my passport ran out half way through organising it, so another 194€! to the Consulate grrr...

OH (who is Spanish) needed: DNI, Literal Birth Certificate (which his dad sorted out for him, prolly only cost a couple of euros), Fe de Estado marital status (which they did there and then in Registro Civil office - FREE - the same thing will cost you over 200 euros.... go figure), certificado de empadronamiento........

Hopefully there won't be much else to pay out - I still don't know how much the registry office will cost, if anything!, but I have heard some registry offices on the island charge about 200€

Oh and I did ask about the validity length of the certificates, and she said about a year, which was great, because the lady at the Consulate told me that some Registrars put a 3, 6, or 9 month valid date on some certificates, and then you would have to re-apply AND PAY for up-to-date ones (I know of one Forum member that had to do this)... so that was a great bit of news, as we're not tying the knot this year.

Gives me time to chill now, and practice making and decorating cupcakes for the reception LMFAO though I may change my mind in the meantime, so anyone want to give a quote - I only have 60 guests, but will need 120 cupcakes oink oink LOL

Only 2 cupcakes each?!

True story of some friends of ours (and if they are reading this I do hope they will forgive me for telling it). Sufficient to say neither is Spanish and one was divorced. They went to start the paperwork and all went well although the paperwork required the guy to go back to his home country for some originals. They had included in their requests a wedding licence to get married at that particular Town Hall. One day the lady they had been dealing with rang to ask them to make another appointment which they made and duly turned up, just the two of them and in their gardening clothes. She looked at them appalled and said 'Where are your witnesses?' and they said, confused, 'You didn't tell us we needed witnesses' and she said, well, of course you do, to get married! Their Spanish leaves a little to be desired and they had not realised it was the appointment for their wedding. Town Hall staff all rallied round and witnessed the marriage and when they came out they realised if was February 14th! Awww.

julia44
22-08-2012, 04:58

you have not added the cost for the little blue stapler

tracy hampshire
22-08-2012, 11:44
lol, told you it was fun, donīt know how much the marrage will be, as we got married on the 30th of march, the final day of marrying being free, only 5 days notice so no time to plan a reception or anything, but there was no way i was going to pay for the wedding if i could get a freebe, after all the consulate costs, add to all the above costs another 100 euros for us, to bribe the moroccan embassy to give us ohīs paperwork, before mine ran out of date, plus we had to have an interview after we handed in all our paperwork, each of us were interviewed separately, suppose to make sure the marrage was genuine, & not just for convenience, but we are both foriegners, but the lady just laughed at me at the interview as she had seen us nearly every few weeks for a year, anyway hope the wedding goes well, Tracey xxx

john b
22-08-2012, 11:56
The consulate have reduced the number of days in the office so they can get out to visit oulying areas more often. The fact that the office was still quiet perhaps backs the decision.

chifleta
22-08-2012, 12:47
Omg! I think I'll continue living in sin!Lol

Thank you for the info though and congratulations on getting this far :goodluck:

Don't blame you LOL i'd already paid out half of it, so decided to just get on with it :)

Yet another opinion expressed on the extreme overburden in the UK Consulate here!

Yup, it was.

Only 2 cupcakes each?!

True story of some friends of ours (and if they are reading this I do hope they will forgive me for telling it). Sufficient to say neither is Spanish and one was divorced. They went to start the paperwork and all went well although the paperwork required the guy to go back to his home country for some originals. They had included in their requests a wedding licence to get married at that particular Town Hall. One day the lady they had been dealing with rang to ask them to make another appointment which they made and duly turned up, just the two of them and in their gardening clothes. She looked at them appalled and said 'Where are your witnesses?' and they said, confused, 'You didn't tell us we needed witnesses' and she said, well, of course you do, to get married! Their Spanish leaves a little to be desired and they had not realised it was the appointment for their wedding. Town Hall staff all rallied round and witnessed the marriage and when they came out they realised if was February 14th! Awww.

omg that is hilarious, they definately won't forget their anniversary ....

and YES 2 cupcakes each LOL now shush, i've got nightmares, me and my clever ideas of making my own cake ughhh.... you should see the photos of the practice ones :v2::v3::rofl::rofl::rofl:

lol, told you it was fun, donīt know how much the marrage will be, as we got married on the 30th of march, the final day of marrying being free, only 5 days notice so no time to plan a reception or anything, but there was no way i was going to pay for the wedding if i could get a freebe, after all the consulate costs, add to all the above costs another 100 euros for us, to bribe the moroccan embassy to give us ohīs paperwork, before mine ran out of date, plus we had to have an interview after we handed in all our paperwork, each of us were interviewed separately, suppose to make sure the marrage was genuine, & not just for convenience, but we are both foriegners, but the lady just laughed at me at the interview as she had seen us nearly every few weeks for a year, anyway hope the wedding goes well, Tracey xxx

I know Tracey, thankfully your info prepared me, and I did try to find a way of getting away without one of the certificates, but it was a no-goer (and the consulate knew it... they said "oh if you get an official Certificado de Ley stating that you don't need to post the bans/get a certificate of no impediment the Registro Civil MIGHT accept that", so when I spoke to a lawyers office who passed my query on to a Barrister, they came back with "the Certificado de Ley will cost approx. 800 euros", which the consulate probably knew.... oh and also, I spoke to an employee in Madrid office and he said when you send emails always put on "PLEASE REPLY" on the subject box as they don't always reply grrrr, which I found out as two emails they ignored and I ended up having to ring up on various occassions....

At one point I nearly decided to contact the marriage celebrant here and do a pretend ceremony, but then the whole point is me and OH really want to get married and are really excited about having our family all together for a celebration of the 20 years we've been together and for the next 60 years together (i'm hoping to live till i'm 100 LOL) :)

The consulate have reduced the number of days in the office so they can get out to visit oulying areas more often. The fact that the office was still quiet perhaps backs the decision.

and they don't come down to the South like they used to either, yup, they are busy busy busy........ but like I said, that's another thread .... someone else can start that one :neener:

kingbaker
22-08-2012, 20:13
Hi Chifleta, I hope you are Aware that marriage is an INSTITUTION.:lol: Now I'm much tooooooooooooooo young to be in an institution, but YOU'RE obviously not..........Ha!! Ha!!!:lol:

For the reception, you could serve SARDINES with tomato salad.....about six (sardines) per person.:hello:

Lets see 1000 TF members plus 60 family and friends equals 1060 x 6 sardines equals 6360 plus 120 Tomato plants:D

Can I suggest you start fishing and freezing and growing immmmmedddddiattttely if not sooner:D

chifleta
22-08-2012, 21:03
Hi Chifleta, I hope you are Aware that marriage is an INSTITUTION.:lol: Now I'm much tooooooooooooooo young to be in an institution, but YOU'RE obviously not..........Ha!! Ha!!!:lol:

For the reception, you could serve SARDINES with tomato salad.....about six (sardines) per person.:hello:

Lets see 1000 TF members plus 60 family and friends equals 1060 x 6 sardines equals 6360 plus 120 Tomato plants:D

Can I suggest you start fishing and freezing and growing immmmmedddddiattttely if not sooner:D

I might tell you the story of why we're getting married now and not 20 years ago LOL there again, might not :-D

Hey, in our household we can feed the 5,000.... guess what other halfs name isŋ? :laugh:

We're definately doing a typical Canarian wedding reception meal (cheese, chorizo, ropa vieja probably, salad, chicken or pork chops n chips (yummy) etc etc simple food), just still trying to decide whether to have music afterwards! all the weddings here i've been to didn't have music or entertainment, mind you most of the weddings were at night, so by the time we swayed with starvation to the meal/reception at 10pm, we just wanted to go home after that LOL ...... i'm itching to find out what time is the latest appointment we can book at the registry office, I don't want it too early in the morning.... i'm an Aries, this will be organised by me with military precision LOL

tracy hampshire
22-08-2012, 23:11
we ended up after the wedding, ( because of the formentioned short notice) trotting across the harbour in puerto to our favorite local bar, for vino, ceverca & tapas all round, & bless the locals, most of it was paid for by the time we left, wouldnīt swap that day for all the tea in china, wonderful xxxx

chifleta
23-08-2012, 14:46
we ended up after the wedding, ( because of the formentioned short notice) trotting across the harbour in puerto to our favorite local bar, for vino, ceverca & tapas all round, & bless the locals, most of it was paid for by the time we left, wouldnīt swap that day for all the tea in china, wonderful xxxx sounds perfect :)

chifleta
13-09-2012, 13:15
Thought I'd give an update. We got all the paperwork at last, decided to go to Registro Civil the other week to "unofficially" present documentaion, all good, gave us a date a week later (phew that was quicker than I thought it was going to be amazingly) to "officially" present documentation, and we needed to bring two witnesses who have DNI or Passport and speak Spanish (who don't have to be the same witnesses on the actual wedding date). So our son and his girlfriend were told, be ready at 11.30am as me and yer dad are coming straight from gym to pick them up, as we have an appointment at 12 "y punto"..... and make sure girlfriend has her passport AND photocopy (i've got copy of sons DNI.... i've got copies of everything... i've got copies of my weight and waist measurement just in case). So unbeknown to me, OH has rang son and said to be ready at 11am, OH had to have had a premonition (they don't call him El Brujo for nothing). So drive from Galletas to Adeje where son is at his girlfriends. They come out, I say "have you got passport and copy" and she looks sheepish and says "i've got a photocopy of my old passport (where she looks FIVE YEARS OLD) because my stepdad has my new passport in car and he's gone to work".... so i'm now doing my learned blessed Tai Chi breathing/concentration "in through the nose and fill the belly with air... concentrate concentrate, belly expands, and outtttttt through the mouth..... chillax chillax, don't stress".... OH knows me very well, so he's trying to be calm and says "well get in quick, we'll drive to where he works and go get it, give him a call, tell him we're on the way".... 13 minutes later, after being stuck being THREE tourist cars AND a lorry, we arrive at his workplace, I tell son (who worked in the summer in this same hotel) to take girlfriends phone as it has her stepdads number on it (this hotel is OOOGE... that "huge" to those not in the know), but he doesn't listen, unsurprisingly, and jogs down the road and into hotel.... few mins later jogs back, the staff are having meeting and he can't get in back way grrr so guess what, yup, he has to ring stepdad.... stepdad has dropped off passport, so off son jogs again and gains entrance another way, gets passport, comes back and we're off again.... please note, just passport, no photocopy, so i'm deep breething again.... OH is calm .... i'm taking great joy in winding up girlfriend, statements in Spanish like "ohhhh i'm ashamed of you, an Aries like me but totally unorganised" or "and you two are doing admin and management course at college? shame on you both" hahahaha....

So after another 15 mins nearly, we're now pulling up to parking lot at the Juzgado in Americas with 7 minutes to spare.... i'd changed my top from gym but was all sweaty and stressed again as obviously wasn't banking on being sat in car for nearly 50 mins total......

Anyway, we arrive with a couple of mins to spare, OH stands by door where the staff are inside, he catches the eye of the lady we are due to see (OH is quite an unforgettable person LOL so I always let him go first :eyebrows: ) and basically we go in bang on 12 o'clock... how's that for punctuality, a rareity over here, getting in to an appointment bang on time ... slight improvement on the start of the morning.

So we sit down, the kids stood behind us. She asks again for all our paperwork, so I hand over everything, she asks for witness DNI/Passport, AND photocopies (OH has already said surely they will photocopy girlfriends passport.... I just smirked at that, raised my eyebrows and had said "you reckon?!" LOL)... so I hand over photocopy of sons DNI, and say sheepishly, girlfriend hasn't got photocopy, and the lady said "ok, just take this form back outside to fill in while I deal with the next person, and across the road at El Camison there is a photocpy shop" (i'm major internally rolling my eyes at this point trying not to stab OH in ribs with a "i told you so" look hahaha)...... so we all go back to waiting area where there is a counter where we can fill out form, and I promptly send my son off to get photocopy. By the time he's come back the form is filled in (i nearly cocked it up, causing OH to take the Mickey), anyway I had to laugh, son came back pouring with sweat, he's ran across the road, found the copy shop, who didn't have any toner .... bwahahahahahaha too funny .... so apparently he'd said "locutorio" and they'd pointed across the road, so he'd run there and then back. So i've had to quickly get some tissues out so he could mop himself down.... he agrees he needs to start going to the gym LOL ...

OMG this is a bit longer story than I thought, sorry, but you don't have to read it LOL. So, when lady is free literally a few mins after son got back, we all went back in, she types everything into computer, prints off some sheets, we all sign (without reading it ooops) and she says, right, come back in two months time for licence, then you can go get a date in the townhall.....

:crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2::crying2: WHAT DID SHE SAY ......... ughhh my heart fell to the floor.... I need to let family know a date asap so they can get cheap flights ASAP....... but luckily after seeing the look on my face, she said we could go up there and see what they say, show them the paper she has given us.

So we did, a couple of days ago. Normally they wouldn't do it, as normally people are booking for now, because they need the licence (which takes two months) - but as we're tying the knot next year, she has kindly put us in the appointment book - so we have our date, and I have done something very rare, I have let OH decide the date, and it's on his birthday :-)

So yesterday I printed off all the invites (made by me) in Spanish and English (that was fun, trying to think of wording that wasn't posh as it's only close family and closer friends being invited), with a beautiful floral hibiscus painting by my lovely talented mother, and envelopes nicely printed too, even with a mini hibiscus in the corner (also painted by my mummy) ... so i'm all excited about sending them off hopefully tomorrow, as no-one knows that I have the date..... well except my friend at the gym LOL I just HAD to tell someone... oh, and you lot here, so just keep quiet about it ok

I've never been married, neither has OH, so we're a bit overwhelmed but excited, and his face was such a look of the cheeky boy from 20 years ago when we met, that when he said the date he wanted, I couldn't resist agreeing with it :marry: ... he said "we're getting married on my 42nd birthday" LOL

He did crack me up, he said every anniversary he'll be thinking "hmmmm my birthday soon. Now, what else did I have to remember?" :stroke: blessssss :twak:

melm
13-09-2012, 19:28
What a good story .you gave me a good laugh and brightened up my day.

Hope everything works out for you both (i am sure it will) and your big day goes smoothly .

Best wishes for your future

kingbaker
13-09-2012, 20:23
He did crack me up, he said every anniversary he'll be thinking "hmmmm my birthday soon. Now, what else did I have to remember?" :stroke: blessssss :twak:[/QUOTE]

I don't know Chifleta...............you don't know him very well!!!!!!! He might be after your money!! :D:D:D

chifleta
13-09-2012, 21:49
I don't know Chifleta...............you don't know him very well!!!!!!! He might be after your money!! :D:D:D

:rofl: you sounded like my dad then hahaha, except my dad knows i'm a poor as they come :crylaughing:

SugarPlum
21-12-2012, 16:19
Hi everybody

I was wondering if anybody has any idea how you would go about booking a beach wedding blessing in Tenerife please?

My partner is from Tenerife, I am English, we will probably have the legal wedding in UK and then look at having a blessing in Tenerife for the other half of the family (and of course I want to fly all of my family over, because I am so rich - not! :lol:)

Hope you can help

Happy Christmas everybody!

chifleta
21-12-2012, 16:30
There is a wedding celebrant on the Reef :) if no-one here knows her contact details, send me a reminder and i'll try find the Facebook link :) ......... good luck.... i'm getting married next year and the paperwork costs were pretty horrendous LOL

chifleta
21-12-2012, 16:43
SugarPlums post looking for a marriage celebrant reminded me to update this thread LOL

So, 3rd November came and went, and due to strikes by the Juzgados (judges) it wasn't ready, week after, nope, ring us the week after, nope, ring us the week after, nope and so on and so forth, untill finally a few days ago OH rang the registro civil once more, and lo and behold "instert angelic operatic music here" it's ready... but as you're having a different witness on the actual wedding date, we will need a copy of their passport when you come to collect your marriage licence ............ grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :wall::wall::wall::wall::censored::censored: :censored::censored::censored:
so i've emailed my friend to email her passport.... hmmm, now, I wonder if the Registro Civil is open on Christmas Eve :) that would be a day to remember :kiss::love::hug::love2::jump2::heyhey::cheer::woo ::woo::waltz::waltz::waltz::waltz:

OHHHHHHHHHHH .... and my mum has been over for her holiday, and she brought me over my DARK PURPLE wedding shoes that her OH ordered for me from the good old US of A :D .......... they are geooooooooooooooooorgous .........:woo::woo::woo::cheer::cheer::cheer: and high ... so now I need emergency dark purple flip flops with a bit of bling for later on in the day LOL

Tickey
21-12-2012, 17:31
https://www.facebook.com/marriagecelebrant.tenerife?fref=ts

chifleta
22-12-2012, 15:19
awwww why were these two threads linked? - i'm not using a marriage celebrant harumph, not happy now, and that's a rare occurence...

jmcd
22-12-2012, 15:57
Wow and well done!

Me and mine went to Gibraltar. Much easier. Then came back to Tenerife fo reception.
A bit like Gretna Green.
Once you have faxed copies of all your docs, just turn up the day before with originals.
Cost very little (approx 200GBP - 240GBP)
Make sure you pay just a little extra to have your certificate apostilled while you are there.
Oh, and because itīs British. the wife actually takes the husbands name, unlike Spain!

Link: http://www.gibnet.com/marriage/index.htm

deepdivejunkie
23-12-2012, 11:02
Hi everybody

I was wondering if anybody has any idea how you would go about booking a beach wedding blessing in Tenerife please?

My partner is from Tenerife, I am English, we will probably have the legal wedding in UK and then look at having a blessing in Tenerife for the other half of the family (and of course I want to fly all of my family over, because I am so rich - not! :lol:)

Hope you can help

Happy Christmas everybody!

Hello,
I got arried 4 years ago here in Tenerife. The official business was done at the registry office by the courts. Followed by a blessing.
We had this next to the sea on maritime land.. no permision is needed for this. For the beach, it may ell be an idea to contact the local town hall.
To have the blessing you need to bring your marriage certificate for the person conducting the ceremony as proof you are married.
I can put you in touch with the pastor that did our blessing if you wish.

Regards,
Paul

chifleta
23-12-2012, 13:57
Me and mine went to Gibraltar. Much easier. Then came back to Tenerife fo reception.
A bit like Gretna Green.
Once you have faxed copies of all your docs, just turn up the day before with originals.
Cost very little (approx 200GBP - 240GBP)
Make sure you pay just a little extra to have your certificate apostilled while you are there.
Oh, and because itīs British. the wife actually takes the husbands name, unlike Spain!

Link: http://www.gibnet.com/marriage/index.htm

Bit late to tell me that now LMAO :D

deepdivejunkie
23-12-2012, 18:25
There is a wedding celebrant on the Reef :) if no-one here knows her contact details, send me a reminder and i'll try find the Facebook link :) ......... good luck.... i'm getting married next year and the paperwork costs were pretty horrendous LOL

Our paperwork cost us more money than the actual day itself!!!

TOTO 99
23-12-2012, 18:37

If you think that was expesive wait for the divorce......:laugh:

chifleta
24-12-2012, 17:09

So far my paperwork has been the most expensive... OH paperwork cost approx. 3€ LOL

chifleta
23-01-2013, 19:05
FINALLY .... nearly a year after deciding we were FINALLY going to do the dirty deed, we now have all the official paperwork, and we've handed that paperwork over to the secretary in the Ayuntamiento de Arona, so no turning back ...

We started organising paperwork last April... and we've been waiting since 3rd September for signatures from the juzgado and secretary etc etc (which was supposed to take 3 months) and finally got it all last week (after various visits and phone calls). Good job it wasn't a shotgun wedding, being that our son is 20 years old now :crylaughing:

The day we collected the certificate was definately our lucky day, as we managed to order a lovely waistcoat and trousers for OH for approx. 50€ from the uniform shop in Los Cristianos (i'd like to point out it's not a uniform we ordered LOL) .... another bargain.

So all systems go and we're both very excited and looking forward to seeing all the family and friends together :marry: